Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (86816 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 12:02am On Jan 15, 2007
keep the thread alive? Who begged you?If I slap you, you'll fly out now.

Keep it alive with optimism grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 12:42am On Jan 15, 2007
@Radiant, e be like say e don tay wey i don whoze u last, even ur bros Ehindinho no fit follow me talk like dat *what of my other angels?*
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 12:57am On Jan 15, 2007
Kit, u know say I deh play but truth deh inside wetin I talk sha wink grin *Hugs Kit*

Which other Angels? shocked
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 1:18am On Jan 15, 2007
Lol @Radiant, i know u will always hug-bribe me!! Woe-man!! *Eur, TOH*
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 1:51am On Jan 15, 2007
kitaun:

Woe-man!! *Eur, TOH*

What's this supposed to mean
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 2:12am On Jan 15, 2007
Dullll like ur jaybaby would say, woe-man means "woe unto man" which was in reference to ur cyber hug and 2. dont deny ur friends now haba!! lol
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2007
I ain't denying my good friends, I just don't get why you have to mention their names here
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2007
Awww, nice 1, my bad!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 5:16am On Jan 20, 2007
Gianlica Zambrotta, Carles Puyol, Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o have all been voted in to the uefa.com European best eleven of 2006. Also, Frank Rijkaard has been voted best coach of 2006.

Ooooops! What happened to Drogba and his Godfather, Mourinho? wink

BARCA RULES!!! kiss kiss kiss

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Damy(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2007
Thank u Radiant tell them what tey need 2 know

drogba and his G-father has no say in this area,
its more than what they can chew.

Barca4ever

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2007
That Europe XI is shambolic, whats that yeye Puyol doing there?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2007
Kitty the Barca hater! grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 12:45am On Feb 02, 2007
Radiant the barca lover *ssup gurl? missed ya*
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2007
I'm aight. Hope you doing good. kiss
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Damy(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2007
we are up for good this time eto came back
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Damy(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2007
C. Ronaldo may be thinking of coming over very soon!!!.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by loyika(m): 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2007
Remove the stone from your eye before you do the one in someone elses

[b]"The Barcelona coach, Frank Rijkaard, and Begiristain will today decide what action to take against Samuel Eto'o after the striker sparked a crisis at Camp Nou only eight days before the Champions League tie against Liverpool. Eto'o last night followed up his refusal to go on as a late substitute against Racing Santander on Sunday by launching an attack on his team-mate Ronaldinho and Rijkaard.

He also blew the lid on the profound divisions within the squad, claiming that Barcelona are a club with "two sides at war". It is a war in which Eto'o and Ronaldinho find themselves on opposing sides.

The striker was expected to make a substitute appearance against Racing but, having warmed up for over 15 minutes, he returned to the bench with seven minutes left, furious that he was being offered so little time on the pitch. Asked afterwards why Eto'o did not make an appearance, Rijkaard answered: "He decided not to play." Ronaldinho implored the Cameroonian to "think of the team".

The following day Eto'o avoided both men when he decided to train alone in the gym and last night he hit back with a vengeance. "Anyone who comes out in the press room and says that I refused to play is a bad person," he snapped.

"I have always fulfilled my obligations with my team-mates. They can say whatever they want but I can hold my head up high. Rijkaard said what he said. It's up to him to explain that. I don't have to give any explanations to anyone except the club - if they ask for them. He should think about the fact that I always go out and train with my team-mates, even if I have injuries and knocks."

The "unlike Ronaldinho" went unsaid - the Brazilian's absenteeism is legendary - as Eto'o also responded to his fellow striker's post-match comments. "If a team-mate says I should be thinking about the group, he's the one that should think about the group," he said."[/b]

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2012622,00.html

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2007
Loyika,

U beat me to this cool

Dem dey try act like say all dey well for dem camp, dem dey keep quite about the negatives, na wa o grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2007
"The squad (FC BARCELONA) is united"

Carles Puyol has appeared very relaxed and calm in the press conference as he revealed in his role of leader. "I carry out my role as captain," he said. "When you are in this position you have good things to do and, sometimes, other things that you may not like so much. I have spoken with the squad and have no problems. I gave them an explanation and told the truth and have never lied to anyone."

After the storm, calm has now descended at Camp Nou. Carles Puyol attended the press conference on Wednesday and revealed that the squad is united once again.

The expectancy in the press room was high as the Barça captain came out and was asked to reflect on the comments made by Samuel Eto'o earlier in the week. The central defender was quick to dismiss that the events had had any affect on the players and the morale within the dressing room. "It has been said in the media that there are two groups within the squad," Puyol stated. "Samuel has never said that there are two groups though. He was referring to a belief that on the outside there are people that defend one player and other people who defend someone else. But in the squad I can assure that we are all together and we all want what is best for Barça. Away from that, everyone's opinion should be respected."

Key witness

Puyol then explained that the players had held a meeting to discuss what has happened. "We talked in the dressing room because it was important enough for that. There was a big misunderstanding over Ronaldinho's words and now everything has happened as a consequence. They have talked things over and it has all become clear, I am a witness to that. Ronaldinho never wanted to accuse Samuel, in fact the complete opposite. We also held a captains meeting (Puyol, Xavi and Ronaldinho) with Eto'o and that has made us all stronger. We have to be even more together now as there are so many hard games coming up. The two of them have a good relationship and it was a one-off thing."

A break from the norm

What is clear is that this morning was not like any other as Puyol explained how events panned out. "I arrived 8.45 am and Samuel was already in the dressing room,"he said. "We held the meeting and tehn Rijkaard came in and we spoke to the rest of the players after that. In the meeting the captains all talked about the two of them (Eto'o and Ronaldinho) and everything was sorted out and this made us more united. We have to be together with the games that lie ahead.

"If training on Wednesday is anything to go by, it was plain to see that this has made us even more focussed. It was one of the best training sessions I can remember during my time at the club." No problem The origin of the saga began when it appeared that Eto'o did not want to come on as a substitute against Racing on Sunday. "An explanation had to be given. If he was able to give a reason why that all happened then the subject would be closed. I asked him myself and he told us and I understood. He has just recovered from a long injury and he needs to prepare himself properly and that is why he did not want to play. He has always wanted to play and to rediscover the strength that he had before the injury. Eto'o also has no problems with Rijkaard."

The Barça skipper then revealed that he spoke to Joan Laporta and the pair of them agreed that it was necessary to find a solution to the incident before it blew out of control. "I talked to the president and we thought that should be sorted out and that is what has happened," Puyol explained. "It was very easy because when people speak they understand better."

Group force

The squad is now totally united, despite what the media have been trying to imply. "Rijkaard has control of the squad," the Barça number five said. "Everyone is fine. People believe that there is something bad within the squad, but that is just not true. If explanations had been given sooner than everybody would have understood. Eto'o has a good relationship with the squad and is with us all the way, just like the last few years. We all want to win trophies together."

The Cameroonian striker was the main focus of the morning following his declarations earlier in the week and his actions led to a meeting between him, the three club captains (Carles Puyol, Ronaldinho and Xavi) and Rijkaard [/b]on the pitch.

[b]Making up

After training had finished, Ronaldinho and Eto'o gave a public display of their friendship and reflected how all the players were feeling as they embraced on the pitch. The pair laughed and joked as they left the field as the drama of the weekend began to recede.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 11:16am On Feb 15, 2007
I know y'all want to see us in shambles. That is far from FC BARCA! cool cool cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by loyika(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2007
Radiant cool

Nuff said, but one question i should ask is , What else were you expecting them to do , throw pies at each other grin grin.

No one ever said that the team would break up, teams have bust up all the time, thats human nature (didn't you once see two Newcastle players fight it out on the pitch grin). We were only taking the micky out of Damy.

We are more concerned with the fortunes of our team than to be bothered with what goes on in spain. We are Gooners cool not Liverpool (Red) supporters grin Those are the folks that should be concerned with what happens for reasons you and i know wink

cool GOONER 89
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2007
Why would they throw pies at each other? Barca players are far more responsible than many other players.

It was a slight misunderstanding and it has been resolved. Y'all stop making it seem like Eto'o and Ronnie ain't like before or that the club is a bit shaky. Misunderstandings are bound to pop up and it only makes everyone stand on their toes and give their best.

Eto'o has given his explanations so y'all back off.

Nuff said too! cool cool cool Barca 4 life! kiss
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by loyika(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2007
Madam R,

Wow shocked You just repeated all i just said, In your own words wink

Anyway, let me repeat, We were only taking the Mickey out of Damy. So chill Mama kiss i wasn't fighting with you, i wouldn't dare do that.

As wormy would say "Back at ya!!"

Barca 4 life cool, Until they meet arsenal again that is grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2007
loyika:

Barca 4 life cool, Until they meet arsenal again that is grin

I was never fighting with you or anyone smiley

I really hope Barca meets Arsenal again this year. cool I'm sure the pain of the past still lingers within you wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by wormedup(m): 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2007
Barcelona’s Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has praised Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Eto, in the midst of a controversy for snubbing Barca coach Frank Rijkaard’s call-up for substitute appearance in the closing stages of their 2-0 victory over Racing Santander on Sunday, says he would have loved to play under Wenger and had dreamt of playing alongside his close friend and Gunners captain Thierry Henry.

“I would have loved to have had Arsene Wenger as my coach. I love Arsene Wenger, he is one of the best coaches in the world,” Eto'o told L'Equipe.

Arsenal were interested to sign Eto’o in 2004 before the Catalans snapped him up.

“I could have played for Arsenal some years ago,” he added while claiming that he is still regretting the day when Henry chose to stay with Gunners in the wake of fierce interest from Barca in the summer.

“If Titi (Thierry Henry) would have come to Barcelona, people would have seen how two real friends have fun in a stadium,” Eto'o maintained.

“I dreamt about that, to be a partner with him in attack,” he added.
Barcelona Star Samuel Eto'o Praises Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger

Eto'o actually said so.
coupled with the rumors of Franky's probabilities of leaving at the end of the season; Radiant sweetie, maybe u should try considering the strength in rumors .

nothing to worry about there, things find a way of taking care of itself smiley and one can only move on.

ever heard of the adage; "when a crying kid is pointing towards a particular direction,then either of his parents will be there" grin it's a lot sweeter in igbo cool

anyways, from loyika,
say it after me, " Please Lord ! " cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2007
Geez!!! grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2007
Worm, what's your point exactly? Eto'o likes Arsenal, so what? You can't force yourself into a club. If he really wanted to go to Arsenal then, he should have turned down Barca's offer. There are many players who play for clubs they don't like. Is that something I should tell you?

Basically, I don't get your point

Neway, Eto'o, Ronnie, Barca still on fire!!! cheesy
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by mukina2: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2007
actually i was reading on a sport site where eto was quoted as sayin that barca is being governed by two bodies .one of the president and the other of some people . .and how he was angry and hurt that someone actually hinted he;s playin for money . undecided .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Radiant(f): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2007
Eto'o up Eto'o down Eto'o right Eto'o left. . . that's enough guys!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2007
Barca my barca, wetin dey happen?? grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by loyika(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2007
They wan try Benitez with this kind form shocked

Na wa oh!! Thank God dem get home advantage first leg or else Radiant get ready to play your Justin Timberlake "cry me a river" record cry cry

grin GOONER 89
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kitaun(m): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2007
@Radiant

How are you dear?? thanx for your offlines!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs PSG UCL (2 - 2) On 11th March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.