Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? (2232 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 05, 2016
The transfer of Rev Father Ejike Mbaka
These, indeed, are interesting times when Nigerians are treated to different forms of absurdities on daily basis. A lot of things that happen, no matter how odd or insane it may be have come to be viewed as normal in Nigeria.
One of such incidence is the transfer of a priest, Rev Father Ejike Mbaka by the leadership of the Catholic Church. An exercise which should have been a normal internal administrative process, soon became a national discourse, with the priest and a section of Nigerians, even a political party accusing the Church of having an ulterior motive.
Father Mbaka loves controversy and the attendant media attention and hype it gives him. He courts controversy in a rather unusual manner for a priest, especially of the Catholic Church, which is usually viewed as being conservative.
Mbaka always shows his level of loyalty and commitment to the Catholic Church
And when his posting came, an otherwise normal action in the Catholic Church, Mbaka’s reaction was a clear indication that he has other things on his mind asides priestly work. It also shows his level of loyalty and commitment to the Catholic Church, given that the Adoration Ministry under which he makes most of his pronouncements is his private ministry, and does not belong to the Catholic Church.
The priest, who was posted to Our Lady Parish, Emene from Christ the King Parish, GRA, Enugu, had busted out, in what was seen as a betrayal of his true motives, saying his transfer was meant to make him suffer.
“I know we are going to suffer within now and few months to come. I am going to suffer and suffer; I know that. I’m going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the Adoration Ministry’s assets. I know I’m going to suffer,” the priest said.
What the priest means by “I am going to suffer and suffer” remains to be understood. Does it mean that the parish he was sent to oversee does not have a mission when he said I have no place to put my head? What does it take to keep the assets of the adoration ministry? And in any case, should Mbaka’s private businesses be the headache of the Catholic Church, which has actually been liberal by allowing his personal ministry overshadow his primary duties as a catholic priest?
APC joins Mbaka in attacking the church
In yet another display of oddity, the South East zone of the All Progressives Congress, APC, joined Mbaka in attacking the church over the legitimate exercise of its administrative process.
The party, in a statement, accused Bishop Callistus Onaga, Mbaka’s boss of being manipulated by external forces to transfer him.
The APC statement clearly gave out the priest and the party, exposing potentially, what many Nigerian may not know about the pact between the two parties. Or in what way does location affect the efficacy of prophesy? When did administrative process of the Catholic Church become a political issue, requiring the intervention of the APC?
Reacting to Mbaka and APC’s allegations, the Catholic Church, simply clarified that nobody is out to punish anybody but that the priest is being sent to where he can be more useful to the church, in the exercise of the legitimate powers of the Bishop.
Father Mbaka has the option of toeing the path of honour
Reverend Father Ralph Madu, General Secretary of the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, in an interview, described transfer of priests as a normal procedure in the church.
Those who know will readily testify that the priesthood environment is a regimented one that those who cannot cope have the option of opting out! Father Mbaka has the option of toeing the path of honour by throwing in the towel and leaving the Catholic Church instead of running foul of the rules and bringing the church to disrepute over unnecessary controversies.
With this, he can concentrate of his Adoration Ministry and also be resident in a city of his choice without anybody taking ‘punitive’ actions against him because of his political views, or inclination.

Source : www.ripples.com.ng/father-mbaka-priest-or-political-soldier/

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by madridguy(m): 4:22am On Feb 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by chriskosherbal(m): 4:45am On Feb 05, 2016
I guess he has some little political blood.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by boboLIL(m): 4:49am On Feb 05, 2016
Priest cum Politician
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by gohzieh(m): 5:05am On Feb 05, 2016
Much ado about nothing.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Flexherbal(m): 5:37am On Feb 05, 2016
I respect Father Mbaka so much!
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 05, 2016
Flexherbal:
I respect Father Mbaka so much!

I would if he sticks to what God called him for... not working as a spiritual eye for presido..
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I would if he sticks to what God called him for... not working as a spiritual eye for presido..

Did anyone tell you that Father Mbaka abandoned preaching the gospel?

A Priest is Father to all, including the president. If Father Mbaka can be my Spiritual Director, he can be Buhari's Spiritual Director too.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2016
He is a confused man using charms.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 05, 2016
italo:

Did anyone tell you that Father Mbaka abandoned preaching the gospel?

A Priest is Father to all, including the president. If Father Mbaka can be my Spiritual Director, he can be Buhari's Spiritual Director too.

When you as a priest starts telling your congregation about things concerning politics, more or less taking sides.. you've definitely strayed off the path, b'cos even while you may preach other things, the congregation's mindset has already be tuned to what you have to say concerning whatever that is currently happening in the country...
Well, its amazing to see a christian being the spiritual director of a muslim .. i hope to hear that he has told presido to switch religion and become born again.. then we'll take him serious...
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 05, 2016
Speechless3:

Ahhh, babe u harsh oo grin grin .. i no know anything about charms shaa grin
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Ahhh, babe u harsh oo grin grin .. i no know anything about charms shaa grin
grin
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

When you as a priest starts telling your congregation about things concerning politics, more or less taking sides.. you've definitely strayed off the path,

Did prophets of the old testament not tell their congregation about politics and take sides?
GloryIsaac:

b'cos even while you may preach other things, the congregation's mindset has already be tuned to what you have to say concerning whatever that is currently happening in the country...
Well, its amazing to see a christian being the spiritual director of a muslim .. i hope to hear that he has told presido to switch religion and become born again.. then we'll take him serious...

OK, wait for Fr Mbaka to text you that he has told Buhari to accept Jesus as Lord.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
Speechless3:

Can you prove that?
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
italo:

Did prophets of the old testament not tell their congregation about politics and take sides?

OK, wait for Fr Mbaka to text you that he has told Buhari to accept Jesus as Lord.

Lmao!.. Prophets of old testament.. Stop relying on the old testament, that's why the New testament was created.. Stuff needed adjustment... Even in the old testament, prophets never took sides with nonbelievers.. Meanwhile, Why wouldn't they put it on the news about Presido being asked to switch to Christianity?? ... but they put Mbaka proclaiming who would win elections, they put him prophesying about a plan to kill presido... Brother, Politics is a Dirty Game...
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
italo:

Can you prove that?
I cant but i know his powers are demonic.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by csbenedict: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Speechless3:

My dear I sense you are greatly disappointed with the catholic church. But it will be easier to see a decent Maheeda than a diabolical catholic priest.
P.s. Have you tried joining the charismatic renewal in your parish. That way you get to experience both orthodox and pentecostal way to salvation.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
csbenedict:

My dear I sense you are greatly disappointed with the catholic church. But it will be easier to see a decent Maheeda than a diabolical catholic priest.
P.s. Have you tried joining the charismatic renewal in your parish. That way you get to experience both orthodox and pentecostal way to salvation.

Charismatic kwa. Those ones that shout like ndi ara? any way i might try. Thanks !

Lol@orthodox and pentecostal way to salvation.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by csbenedict: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Speechless3:

Charismatic kwa. Those ones that shout like ndi ara? any way i might try. Thanks !

If you don't want to shout while praying then my best bet is you stick with catholic or Anglican. On the side, you are yet to understand the potency of the holy mass as the highest form of Prayer. If I may ask where do you stay.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 2:04am On Feb 06, 2016
Speechless3:

Anyway, you're well-known to be spiritually confused.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 2:11am On Feb 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Lmao!.. Prophets of old testament.. Stop relying on the old testament, that's why the New testament was created.. Stuff needed adjustment... Even in the old testament, prophets never took sides with nonbelievers.. Meanwhile, Why wouldn't they put it on the news about Presido being asked to switch to Christianity?? ... but they put Mbaka proclaiming who would win elections, they put him prophesying about a plan to kill presido... Brother, Politics is a Dirty Game...

Shifting the goalpost..

So now the sin is not a priest taking sides, it is taking sides with unbelievers?

Who is your neighbour, according to Jesus?

And do the press know every single thing that Buhari and Mbaka discussed? Are you thinking or just hating?
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 06, 2016
italo:

Shifting the goalpost..

So now the sin is not a priest taking sides, it is taking sides with unbelievers?

Who is your neighbour, according to Jesus?

And do the press know every single thing that Buhari and Mbaka discussed? Are you thinking or just hating?

Well, you clearly misunderstand the fact that the press are only publishing what their ogas at the top want... and you didnt read my earlier comment well, i talked about new testament too, there were lot of stuff that needed adjustments in the old testament... Besides, Why did APC attack the catholic church for transferring him?? something that is done from time to time to every priest.. including anglican priests.. click on the link below and be enlightened.. Remember, politics is a dirty game.

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010489

www.beliefnet.com/News/ElectionCenter/Gallery/does-the-bible-say-anything-about-politics.aspx
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2016
italo:

Anyway, you're well-known to be spiritually confused.
Better confused than a zombie of false ministers.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by csbenedict: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2016
Speechless3:

Please just take it easy
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 10:46am On Feb 06, 2016
Speechless3:
Better confused than a zombie of false ministers.

A confused person can't tell who's a false or true minister...or who's a zombie and who isn't.

That's why it's called "confused."
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 10:55am On Feb 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Well, you clearly misunderstand the fact that the press are only publishing what their ogas at the top want... and you didnt read my earlier comment well, i talked about new testament too, there were lot of stuff that needed adjustments in the old testament... Besides, Why did APC attack the catholic church for transferring him?? something that is done from time to time to every priest.. including anglican priests.. click on the link below and be enlightened.. Remember, politics is a dirty game.

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010489

www.beliefnet.com/News/ElectionCenter/Gallery/does-the-bible-say-anything-about-politics.aspx

Oh...I see where this sickness comes from.

You want to force Jehovahs witnesses false doctrine that sprang up yesterday on us.

You're a joker.

JWs are well known for false teachings...like "Jesus is Archangel Michael." 'Heaven is filled up.'

No wonder you believe that people of God should not be involved in politics...and blood transfusion is a sin...and you believed when your organization lied several times that the world was coming to an end on so and so date...and all the dates have passed.

Do the JWs also believe that if Mbaka preaches Jesus to Buhari, he must tell it to the press?
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by orisa37: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Father Mbaka is now a Politician.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
italo:

Oh...I see where this sickness comes from.

You want to force Jehovahs witnesses false doctrine that sprang up yesterday on us.

You're a joker.

JWs are well known for false teachings...like "Jesus is Archangel Michael." 'Heaven is filled up.'

No wonder you believe that people of God should not be involved in politics...and blood transfusion is a sin...and you believed when your organization lied several times that the world was coming to an end on so and so date...and all the dates have passed.

Do the JWs also believe that if Mbaka preaches Jesus to Buhari, he must tell it to the press?

Why do you keep attacking from one angle .. Firstly, i talked about stuff being adjusted which led to the New Testament.. you dodged it and started talking about shifting goalpost grin ... now, i put up two links.. you argueing based on one only..
Well, i aint a JW ....but based on this arguement, if you read that link well, you'll see that there's enough sense in what they're saying related to christianity and politics...
Read on the second link, let me see what you have to say about it..
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
orisa37:
Father Mbaka is now a Politician.

Pls tell them.. all this mbaka diehards are clearly blinded by the fact that the man is going against the christian doctrine..
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Why do you keep attacking from one angle .. Firstly, i talked about stuff being adjusted which led to the New Testament.. you dodged it and started talking about shifting goalpost grin ... now, i put up two links.. you argueing based on one only..
Well, i aint a JW ....but based on this arguement, if you read that link well, you'll see that there's enough sense in what they're saying related to christianity and politics...
Read on the second link, let me see what you have to say about it..

You still haven't shown me where Christianity says Priests should comment on politics.

And you haven't shown me where you and other dullards criticized Pastor Yemi Osinbajo for running for VP.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by italo: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Pls tell them.. all this mbaka diehards are clearly blinded by the fact that the man is going against the christian doctrine..

You mean Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine.
Re: Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 07, 2016
italo:

You mean Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine.

Stop being biased.. i've already told you that I'm not JW... I doubt if you actually checked on any of the links posted except for jw's own..
1Tim 2:1-2, Acts 23:1-5, 1 Thess 4:11-12, 1 Pet 2:13-17..

www.relevantmagazine.com/current/politics/7-things-christians-need-remember-about-politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Pastor Loses Wife To Richer Pastor / Masturbation Is A Sin - 50 Cent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.