Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP (26900 Views)

Ezinne Chime And Ken Nnamani Are Engaged (Photos) / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra / Ken Nnamani Joins APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
A former President of the Nigerian Senate, Ken Nnamani, has announced his departure from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, a political platform to which be belonged since 1999, and which, in 2005, made him the third most powerful man in Nigeria.
In a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday, Mr. Nnamani said he was quitting the party because the platform had abandoned “the path of its noble vision and values”.
Mr. Nnamani was elected to the Senate President in 2003, and was senate president between 2005 and 2007.
In his statement Saturday, entitled, “PDP, the Burden and My Conscience,” the politician said he was fed up with the current status and direction of the PDP, and was therefore quitting “without any iota of bitterness” in his heart.
“I do not believe I should continue to be a member of the PDP as it is defined today,” Mr. Nnamani said, “This is certainly not the party I joined years ago to help change my country. I do not also believe that the PDP as it is managed today will provide an opportunity for me to continue to play the politics of principles and values which I set for myself as a young man on leaving graduate school and working for a large multinational in the United States in the 70s and 80s.
“Therefore, today I resign my membership of the PDP. In stepping out of partisan politics for the meantime, I will continue to be politically engaged. I will also continue to support the government and all the elected officers in Nigeria to repositioning the nation.
“I will also constructively criticize them when by commission or omission they take actions that could damage the prospects of transforming Nigeria into a productive, merit-based and honestly governed country.”
Mr. Nnamani later told PREMIUM TIMES on telephone that he was leaving because it had become crystal clear to him that nothing would change in the party in the foreseeable future.
He recalled that on November 10, 2015, he led a delegation of concerned party leaders to the Wadata Plaza national secretariat of the party to push for change.
“We were simply dismissed,” Mr. Nnamani said. “They simply said they would get back to us. We haven’t heard from them since then.”
He said even after the party was defeated in the 2015 general election, and other like-minded party members believed that that defeat could be transformed to victory.
“We were hopeful and continued to push for reform,” Mr. Nnamani said. “But as you can see, that hasn’t work. Those who led us to defeat have continued to hold the party down.
“In the circumstance, I have to move on and get on with my life.”
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/198055-breaking-former-senate-president-ken-nnamani-dumps-pdp-attacks-party.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
When the secret ATM that serviced party members has been bursted, how will stomach politicians continue to stay in the party? Am waiting for Iwuanyanwu to leave too.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by ladyF(f): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
This APC sha, it's high time they set standards got themselves! You can't just be accepting people you claim to be corrupt into your party...

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by DesChyko: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
If that is the way to purge the party of bad eggs, then, crumble by all means.
The last people we want at the helm of affairs are the same criminals running the country aground.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by jay2pee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmmm.......... Those people above me must be using 6G network.....

If he leaves, does it change the fact that he was not a thief........
APC AND PDP......... The same people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by muri4mig(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
Very soon PDP will be zero soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
The earlier Igbos/Wailers realise PDP is dead and buried,the better for them.

God bless Nigeria.

In another news, Awon Leicester ti take EPL over.

*I missed sir Alex ferguson* cry

14 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Pidggin(f): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
He wants to be declared a Saint

5 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Aminat508(f): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
sad
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
PDP ( Papa Deceive Pikin) grin

5 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Luckylife(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigeria political parties are just like a business , when it stop making profits or revenue they close it and look for another profitable one. Though we have gud respected politicians.

6 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Omotayor123(f): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Their Palava tongue

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
Aminat508:
shocked
Aminat How market na? E jor you help me see Arsene Wenger? Awon Leicester ti take EPL over O. tongue
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omotayor123:
Their Palava tongue
Yes O my padi. Na Their problem joor. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Flexherbal(m): 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
A politician is always a politician
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Aminat508(f): 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
Aminat How market na? E jor you help see Arsene Wenger? Awon Leicester to take EPL over O. tongue
shocked yoruba tongue
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by WATCHOVER(m): 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
God bless him at least there will be room for fresh and credible people to join.
PDP will remain.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by agarawu23(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The father Christmas money sharer dasuki has been exposed

Metuh their leader of arm robbery and corruption has a case with efcc/FG

The ineffectual buffoon who welcomed and endorsed corruption is out of power

Why will they remain in PDP? grin

hate me or like me, it won't change anything tongue

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Aminat508:
shocked yoruba tongue
Typo error. You know sabi yoruba pass me o. undecided
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by greatness22(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omotayor123:
Their Palava tongue
Really?

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by jmichlins(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
What is remaining of this party? There was a party that boasted to rule for a century but the gluttony of her members compounded by an "INNEFECTUAL BUFFON" led to her downfall and her members deserting

3 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by PaulErungworo: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
See some of the fools that destroyed Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by seunmsg(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
As expected, nothing new here. Next, he will announce his membership of APC. We know them, they can never survive in opposition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Udopasa: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
The bitter truth is, same reason why there's and can never be a virile opposition in Imo state(for now) is same reason why can't play effective and sustained opposition in Ala Igbo regardless of our pedigree, integrity or conscientiousness. Ask and i will explain further. Udo diri unu

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by franchizy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Aminat508:
shocked

Madam pls what is your opinion on this issue. We are hungry to hear your opinion.

Please say something to feed your fans.

@Topic, if the reasons he stated are true, i support his resignation
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by OLADD: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Fair weather politicians. When the going is good they hang around but as soon as things begin to turn sour they show their true colour. This is arguably PDP's best time to rebrand and reposition itself. The likes of Nnamani have actually outlived their usefulness.
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by smsshola(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
Perilous Time movement...

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by tsdarkside(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
DesChyko:
If that is the way to purge the party of bad eggs, then, crumble by all means.
The last people we want at the helm of affairs are the same criminals running the country aground.

pahhh...i dont know which wan is better.....bad eggs or rotten eggs...........

fee dee fee are a bunch of comedians.......

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by tsdarkside(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
franchizy:

Madam pls what is your opinion on this issue. We are hungry to hear your opinion.

Please say something to feed your fans.

@Topic, if the reasons he stated are true, i support his resignation

she is speechless,because...chaiiiii................................................... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by DICKtator: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Because hunger is a bad thing.......

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Paddy247: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kq
Re: Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Staff Refund Diezani’s Bribe / Sit At Home See Abia state everywhere is dry - PHOTOS / Jonathan And Tambuwal Pictured Shaking Hands (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.