Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (30302 Views)

Largest Ethnic Group In Southern Nigeria? / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:
bros, nobody will settle anything for you, I'm currently in Jos. I cannot lie just to please myself like you do.

It seems you have not been to the major northern cities before, if not you won't be saying this trash.

I can see you're not okay at all! I haven't been to the places my father used to live and work

Why am I even replying to someone that said there are more Igbos in Sabon Gari

You think sabon gari market is the only place in Sabon gari grin grin

Everything for you is seen from the market perspective.You need help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by mandarin: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Rayhut:

Stop deceiving yourself, yorubas are not known travellers, Yoruba are not that much in the Northern part of Nigeria, apart from indigeneous people in the North, Igbos are next biggest ethnic group there. Yorubas are not traders and travellers, even lagos there back yard have almost equal number of Igbos

You must be a boy.Sorry if that sound to undermine you. I've said it that people can assume anything just like you. In a state like Plateau, there are more ethnic groups around the middle belt than igbo.mschew, I can't be trading stuff with u.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by lolzzzz: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:

I can see you're not okay at all! I haven't been to the places my father used to live and work

You think sabon gari market is the only place in Sabin gari grin grin

you are not well travelled, a truthful and sincere person will never agree that yorubas are more in the north than Igbos.
Even devil know this.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:
not because I said so, but because its the truth. I'm currently in the north.

Are you foolish? Did the census board provide any data for tribe population distribution? Why are you this foolish? Another place you can tell me yorubas are much outside southwest is port Harcourt ( they are majorly the bus and taxi drivers along rumuokoro/rukpokwu/igwuruta/elele/choba/emohua axis) ask tonyebarcanista if you think I'm lying (if he will tell you the truth) or ask abagworo. Apart from PH and maybe abuja, yorubas are not really outside southwest.

You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. You igbos are fond of shifting goal posts when situations don't favour you. If the census doesn't favour your tribe or region you reject it and come up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses. At least there's official data of states population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Why una all no relocate en masse back to your region to boost your numbers and help yourselves during the census? You are just bitter at the mere idea that Yorubas actually do outnumber you all in the North, in spite of all your vain noises. Your real grouse is that of all the regions in Nigeria, the SE is the only region which Yorubas relatively shun. Whether you believe that there are Yorubas in significant numbers up North is irrelevant at the end of the day because you are a non-entity in the overall scheme of things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by lolzzzz: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
ODVanguard:

You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. You igbos are fond of shifting goal posts when situations don't favour you. If the census doesn't favour your tribe or region you reject it and come up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses. At least there's official data of states population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Why una all no relocate en masse back to your region to boost your numbers and help yourselves during the census? You are just bitter at the mere idea that Yorubas actually do outnumber you all in the North, in spite of all your vain noises. Your real grouse is that of all the regions in Nigeria, the SE is the only region which Yorubas relatively shun. Whether you believe that there are Yorubas in significant numbers up North is irrelevant at the end of the day because you are a non-entity in the overall scheme of things.
you are dumber than I thought. Well, it doesn't add up to anything if I convince you, I better save the energy for something else.

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:
you are dumber than I thought. Well, it doesn't add up to anything if I convince you, I better save the energy for something else.

Oh, you're copping out because I have practically rubbished your false premise. cheesy You can't convince me because you lack any shred of evidence asides your unreliable anecdotes, assumptions and fantasies. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OfoIgbo: 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
bolanto24:

You are just a hater... Seems the Igbos are beefing the Ijaws now. I like the Igbos and I support their collective dream but I'm beginning to see a pattern I don't like.

well, tonyebarcanista and people like him have helped turn quite a good chunk of Niger delta Igboids against Ijoids. Actions have consequences.

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by misterawo: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Who was part of the few that governed the State? Am I Jonathan? I don't blame you! I really don't! If not for the system we won't be talking this. If the British had consulted my ancestors in 1914, I am very sure we would have rejected the arrangement. If the British had addressed our concern in the 1940s, I'm very sure that all these won't come up! If Jonathan had convoked SNC, we would have addressed this nonsense.

I thought you'll switch to your Ijawcitizen handle to comment on this thread.

By the way, you are getting emotionally worked up on this issue. I suggest you sit back and observe. Watch it! lest an artery bursts in your brain.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Rayhut:

Stop deceiving yourself, yorubas are not known travellers, Yoruba are not that much in the Northern part of Nigeria, apart from indigeneous people in the North, Igbos are next biggest ethnic group there. Yorubas are not traders and travellers, even lagos there back yard have almost equal number of Igbos
I ve told them, and they won't listen esp that transgendered called kaakulator4 grin

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
bolanto24:

You are just a hater... Seems the Igbos are beefing the Ijaws now. I like the Igbos and I support their collective dream but I'm beginning to see a pattern I don't like.
Reality will dawn on you.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by tevinsolt: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
God Nigeria is backward, the size of each population would be a readily and easily accessible information for all to see in a sane country.
but why do that when each individual can throw out random numbers

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:
say anything you want to say but its the peak of ignorance for you to say yorubas are more than igbos in the north. Please, I know you don't also believe that shit you typed up there.

Name it, is it in kano, Kaduna, Jos or abuja? We have more igbos there than Yorubas. There's no need saying lies to suit your ego and desperation
they even said ndigbos have bought all the lands in abuja yet kaakulator4 said we re minor? I laff in 3D grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
ODVanguard:

No mind them. For their mind na Dem plenty pass even for the whole Africa, yet Dem no fit prove am. As long as they believe it in their little minds then it must be so/true. Awon jokers gbogbo. cheesy
aburo na true talk even one hausa man don confam am sey we don buy all the lands for abj yet una dey there dey claimed una plenty grin
Kwontinu grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
I ve told them, and they won't listen esp that transgendered called kaakulator4 grin

Lmaoooo so you had to hide behind someone's post to boost your morale eh grin cheesy Coward!.The f.ool you quoted just kept guessing despite not knowing sh1t about the North. grin I'm not surprised you're calling me trans-gendered grin I get that all the time on this forum.

Any female taking you the cleaners automatically becomes male grin grin Useless people
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] Th.under f!re there,Unam. Who told u there is Ijaw in Akwa Ibom?. Am from Eket,and i can tell u their isn't any ijaw here.shm.
ata unam ado !!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Reality will dawn on you.
Protection Seeker, thought you started this battle in your frenzy to deny the existence of anything Igbo in Rivers. Despite the warnings you kept marching on to the admiration of your new found friends. Now you been given a full dose of your medication, this time not by the Igbos, nor by the Ibibios, nor Itshekiris but by a Tiv (Kyase). Hope you don't intend chickening out, because I would be very dissapointed.
You must finish the dance you started, let's see where it takes us to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
One is even rejoicing that someone said they've bought all the houses in Abuja not knowing that they're trying
to console them for what happened during the Civil war grin grin cheesy

Bought ko, Consume ni grin grin cheesy
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:

Lmaoooo so you had to hide behind someone's post to boost your morale eh grin cheesy Coward!.The f.ool you quoted just kept guessing despite not knowing sh1t about the North. ;DI'm not surprised you're calling me trans-gendered grin I get that all the time on this forum.

Any female taking you the cleaners automatically becomes male grin grin Useless people

but you talk like transgendered grin anyway I stopped arguing with you cos you re the type that stays indoors without going out grin
So I don't want to bother myself typing with someone that doesn't know that his/her people(yorubas) don't travel at all grin
You know the truth.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
aburo na true talk even one hausa man don confam am sey we don buy all the lands for abj yet una dey there dey claimed una plenty grin
Kwontinu grin

Hahaha. Even if Una claim the entire population of FCT minus every other tribe, that still wouldn't change the fact that Yorubas have lived (and still do) and traded (and still do) with the Northerners for centuries, long before Una even see one single mallam biabia. cheesy Also, Don't forget that kwara and Kogi, two states with predominant and significant (respectively) Yoruba populations numbering in the millions, are located in the North [central]. cheesy
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:

You think sabon gari market is the only place in Sabin gari grin grin

www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja

Provide ur own evidence tongue
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:

www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja

Provide ur own evidence tongue

On a lighter note tongue, El-Rufai did admit that at least a sizable number of those landed property were demolished coz igbos were most affected by those demolitions back then during his tenure. cheesy Besides, like I said up there, the more than three million strong Yoruba populations in Kwara and Kogi already settles it, after all both states fall within the North grin. Unless you wan shift goal post again. cheesy
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bump.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
ODVanguard:

Hahaha. Even if Una claim the entire population of FCT minus every other tribe, that still wouldn't change the fact that Yorubas have lived (and still do) and traded (and still do) with the Northerners for centuries, long before Una even see one single mallam biabia. cheesy Also, Don't forget that kwara and Kogi, two states with predominant and significant (respectively) Yoruba populations numbering in the millions, are located in the North. cheesy
yorubas re the owner of kwara state but the hausas use their scaring power to usurp the emir of ilorin which is a yoruba man and installed an hausa man there. Till date ,a yoruba man just kept quiet without doing nothing.

So my brother, I am not dragging kwara with you cos the yorubas re like indigenes there. But when we talk of kano,kaduna,sokoto and jos. No go there. Even abuja the indigenes confirmed it that ndigbos re the highest in population who occupied 73% of lands in abuja.

You and kaakulator4 should open this link to cure your ignorance grin

www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja tongue
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by realjoker(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:
One is even rejoicing that someone said they've bought all the houses in Abuja not knowing that they're trying

lol. if u cant convice dem confuse dem. let them keep on hallucinating and keep on decieving themselve. odvanguard ......make una just life them to keep living in their pipe dreams.

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
Eastlink:
Protection Seeker, thought you started this battle in your frenzy to deny the existence of anything Igbo in Rivers. Despite the warnings you kept marching on to the admiration of your new found friends. Now you been given a full dose of your medication, this time not by the Igbos, nor by the Ibibios, nor Itshekiris but by a Tiv (Kyase). Hope you don't intend chickening out, because I would be very dissapointed.
You must finish the dance you started, let's see where it takes us to.
Guy why mention me.

And I'm not against him in any way.
Tonyebarcanista is always my guy. But we have different political view
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by ODVanguard: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
yorubas re the owner of kwara state but the hausas use their scaring power to usurp the emir of ilorin which is a yoruba man and installed an hausa man there. Till date ,a yoruba man just kept quiet without doing nothing.

So my brother, I am not dragging kwara with you cos the yorubas re like indigenes there. But when we talk of kano,kaduna,sokoto and jos. No go there. Even abuja the indigenes confirmed it that ndigbos re the highest in population who occupied 73% of lands in abuja.

You and kaakulator4 should open this link to cure your ignorance grin

www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja tongue

Let's even assume that the el-rufai statement is an indicator of igbo predominance in the FCT population (which it isn't), do you have any evidence that remotely suggests that igbos are more than yorubas in Kano, his, kaduna, sokoto etc? ? Unless you do your postulations/assertions remain in the realm of speculation and nothing more. undecided

Your comment about ilorin betrays your ignorance bro. Yorubas are in firm control of ilorin and kwara by extension without any shred of doubt. Virtually all the governors (whose powers trump those of the religious emir whom they can even dethrone on a whim) are Yorubas, including the current one. One of Afonja's descendants sef don be governor in the not too distant past (Muhammed Lawal). I hope say you don receive sense now.

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:

you re running way abi..tongue
Read more...

www.nairaland.com/1373338/state-govt-ignores-igbos-does

All state govt wants igbo present in their states. You dey here dey form we re many grin
Open that link shemalle
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Olabestonic001(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
meforyou1:
I don't care if the article is written by the NSA. I know one thing for a fact. Igbos are more populous than yorubas

Lolz. Do dick measurement small.
So, what's your award if Igbo's are more populous than Yoruba's? I think we most times trivialise issues that should just be a fact.
We are just famous wannabe.
In all facts, Yoruba's are much more than Igbo's and its a known fact that they are the second most populous tribe in Africa. But what does that really add to the situation?
Pls, grow up and stop running up and down.
No amount of optimism will change the fact as at today. But, it could change tomorrow sha.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Lolz. Do dick measurement small.
So, what's your award if Igbo's are more populous than Yoruba's? I think we most times trivialise issues that should just be a fact.
We are just famous wannabe.
In all facts, Yoruba's are much more than Igbo's and its a known fact that they are the second most populous tribe in Africa. But what does that really add to the situation?
Pls, grow up and stop running up and down.
No amount of optimism will change the fact as at today. But, it could change tomorrow sha.
yoruba is the 2nd most populous tribe in africa?
Haba! When did the yoruba race start taking 2nd. U should have said tha yoruba is the singular most populous tribe in the universe. Tribalist
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Scholes007(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
After all the fighting and name calling fulani remains the 4th largest. Ijaw is not within 5th-7th largest. It might be painful to some, it still remains the gospel truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Anticabal:

Igbos are the largest ethnic group combined using scientific data.

1.) There are Indigenous Igbos in 8 states- Rivers,Delta, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Benue, Abia. FACT

2.) Igbo are second most populated in other region/states away from their homes. FACT

3.) They are the most visible and have the highest diaspora population. There is at least One Igbo man in 195 countries of the world. From Micronesia to the Isle of Man. FACT.

These are scientific realities that have made it impossible for the current fulani government to sanction a census on Ethnic group, they know the truth but find it difficult to agree with.

Per the emboldened statement, it is at best very incomplete. There are Indigenous Igbos in 12 states -Rivers, Beyelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Benue, Abia and Edo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official / 17-Year-Old Zainab Abu Marries Boko Haram Member Against Father's Wish In Niger / Senate Committee Visits Masters Energy Industrial City Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.