Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,836 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! (27808 Views)

Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) / See How Dangote Was Blessed After He Left His Plane Seat In The 19's / T.B Joshua 'Heals' A Blind Man As He Shouts "I Can See!I Can See"(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by yorex2011: 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
I see a lot of pisces folk here cheesy
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

u won't understand dear,until u experience it!

Hw can a little girl I dnt knw all my life,run up to me and mutter such words on me,after aiding a blind begger!

she was nt watching me from a distance dear...I knw wat am talking abt,!

if u still don't get it,den u must be pretending....nw I believe strongly dat dere is God!

so u feel if was Angel Michael that turned into a 6yrs old girl juz to tell u 'God bless u"?
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by onatisi(m): 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

What I can't understand is how the little girl's act directly relate to the blessing in her headline. The implication of using such a headline is tha if the little girl didn't go to touch her and mutter that ''thank you'', wouldn't she feel blessed by God? And children are more emotional than adults which could have called for that act.

The blessing is the heartfelt thank you she got from an innocent 6 years old girl

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Honestly1: 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

You spoke my mind bro, except the cooking up part. She might have not cooked up the story. Her problem is that, she is considering the little girl's reaction as a big deal, taking that to be God's blessing. She has forgotten that God's blessing is different and that the little girl only acted out of puerile emotion. She even said she now believes in God, as if she never believed before, or she wouldn't have believed if the girl didn't do that. So if she gives a beggar tomorrow, and that one curses her, would she stop believing in God? This lady has very little understanding about spirituality!

You speak words of wisdom. May your days be long..... apparently the girl might just be practicing what she was taught in d Sunday school which is not a big deal.. . And her coming is not as a result of giving her offering to a begger...

Unwise people always think I'm wicked when i say i don't give money to biggers... Be u anything except im led by d spirit to give or condition is critical.
Some people have now turned begging into serious business making a huge money from a combination of peoples sweat... You see a woman that has nothing wrong with her with a baby behind her begging for money, God! Terrible humans. You see some young lady dressed in white clothes saying nonsense prayers and tasking u at the same time, u see someone with one leg begging... Excuse me, Boss Cobhams could have as well be begging on d street, my crippled friend ola who has a shoe making shop could have as well be begging, please jor...
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Malakh: 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
this girl you dey too superstitious jor, your post no make any sense,who tell you say because u go church on the first day of the week instead of the seventh, you go receive blessing dem dey rob una for church u think say na blessing lol dis xtians sha, u wan talk say some have entertained Angels unaware u never see chim chom chim lol
refiner:

u won't understand dear,until u experience it!

Hw can a little girl I dnt knw all my life,run up to me and mutter such words on me,after aiding a blind begger!

if u still don't get it,den u must be pretending....nw I believe strongly dat dere is God!

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by greatness22(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
HateU2:
Come and pay ur tithe to me
Lolz, abeg pity for me ma, make i flex dis 3k... Remember say i trek go church.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

There is a misunderstanding between you and me. There is no pretence here. The point is, there is no correlation between God's blessing for your kind gesture and a little gir's emotion. You did well, keep it up! But I'm utterly disappointed in you for saying ''You now believe in God because of that little girl's act.'' are you saying you wouldn't have believed in God if such didn't happen?
Let me educate you a little on how God works. Do good to people, because it is good to do good, not because of their emotion response such as ''thank you''. Look, what will if you, if you give alms to a beggar and he curses you? Will you stop giving alms? Will you stop believing in God? Don't take the little gir's action as the blessing from God. Tomorrow, you may get a totally opposite reaction when you give alms again. Will you now forsake God then? God's blessing is special and still on the way for you. Overlook the little girl's reaction and keep doing good for goodness sake!

OK get it!....my bad!fanks for ur correction dear....I appreciate!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lemon12:
so u feel if was Angel Michael that turned into a 6yrs old girl juz to tell u 'God bless u"?

lol....its possible nah
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Malakh:
this girl you dey too superstitious jor, your post no make any sense,who tell you say because u go church on the first day of the week instead of the seventh, you go receive blessing dem dey rob una for church u think say na blessing lol dis xtians sha, u wan talk say some have entertained Angels unaware u never see chim chom chim lol

what's dis one talking.....I am just praying God visits u!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by ladyF(f): 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
The only part I picked is that your church collects offering 3 times. Do they do that every sunday? shocked Oh boy! If that is not exploitation, I don't know what it is....

I went to a church once, and they called for offering the first time, I dropped. Called for the second time offering, not thanksgiving o, and said we should dance to the front. I didn't even get the preaching, it was so bland. That was my first and last time in that church. I didn't even make it to the end of the service.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by joey150(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nawa oh...so wetin come happen?

You just dey drag blessing by force come dis Sunday oh..

Anyway e be like dat money you give pain you..if not thank you for no dey shark you like pikin
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by vislabraye(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:
just this morning,I dressed up for church,made sure my offering money is safely in my bible...I took it upon myself to always give a begger that always sit by the side of the road,a young blind boy of about 10 years.he has a tin,that he always beat with a lovely song....

so this morning,as I stepped out from my house,walked along the road,I saw the boy and as usual dipped my hands in my bible and brought out a little money,dipped it in a nylon bag sitting next to him!....

I don't even know what came over me during the service,I had a strong conviction to give just ones in the offering today,because we normally give offering three times in the church.....so while returning from church,I saw the boy again,singing with his melodious voice and beating the tin...I decided then to drop the remaining money from my Bible.....

immediately I opened the gate of my house to get in,a little girl of about 6 years ran up to me and tapped me on my dress,when I looked back at her,she just muttered "Sister God bless u"smiled and ran off!.....I was astonished!....
friends....its good to help those in need,as u do may God bless u!

How sure it wasn't because u gave to the church
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Malakh: 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
lol only if you knew I was, visit has a different meaning in the scriptures tho but I get what you r saying, all i'm saying no Angel of God is coming to you because you went to a whorehouse
refiner:

what's dis one talking.....I am just praying God visits u!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Raymonbell(m): 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Moral of the story

Give money to those in need rather than your extravagant pastors

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Given has always been my habit from time being. I have noticed that I always try to make people in need happy even with my last kobo.

I remember walking on the road last year and I saw two guys and a girl standing and looking all helpless with some traveling bags. As I passed, I over heard them talk something about uncle their uncle Dissapointing them and not having money to even find a cheap hotel to stay still the next day. Something just felt cold within me and I walked back to them. I had 30k in my pocket and that was the last money on had on me and even in my account or anywhere. I just gave them everything and they were shocked, kneeling and thanking me like heaven has come to earth.

Believe me, the next day I got a call from someone I had been marketing a land to and he was ready to pay for it in Ikeja GRA, my commission was something else. I really was convinced that day that when you give with a clean heart, God will lift you up in a way you will never have expected.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by gistsky: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
iamexcelblog:
This story is somehow and lacks "common analysis". What really happened and how were you exactly blessed? The only moral I learnt from this your story is that you became smarter in the sense that rather than give offering 3 times to a con man pretending to be a pastor, it is better to give it to the needy. The rest of what happened later get k-leg no be small.

Meanwhile, I am now an Atheist finally. Read my story and sojourn here.

https://www.nairaland.com/2918970/praise-universe-finally-became-atheist

By sayin u r an atheist, wht do u really mean? Dat der is no God?
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
onatisi:

The blessing she got was the thank you. It is so fulfilling when you help someone who is in a hopeless terrible situation with no hope and you give them hope and put smiles on their faces. Maybe the thin boy and his sister had no hope of eating anything today because the brother is blind and the sister is too young,they may have lost hope but the op gave them something to eat and for that they were extremely grateful. This is more than a billion dollars
undecided shocked

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:
just this morning,I dressed up for church,made sure my offering money is safely in my bible...I took it upon myself to always give a begger that always sit by the side of the road,a young blind boy of about 10 years.he has a tin,that he always beat with a lovely song....

so this morning,as I stepped out from my house,walked along the road,I saw the boy and as usual dipped my hands in my bible and brought out a little money,dipped it in a nylon bag sitting next to him!....

I don't even know what came over me during the service,I had a strong conviction to give just ones in the offering today,because we normally give offering three times in the church.....so while returning from church,I saw the boy again,singing with his melodious voice and beating the tin...I decided then to drop the remaining money from my Bible.....

immediately I opened the gate of my house to get in,a little girl of about 6 years ran up to me and tapped me on my dress,when I looked back at her,she just muttered "Sister God bless u"smiled and ran off!.....I was astonished!....

You have not actually told us the blessing you received

u just explain wat u have done, abi d money u gave make u to get husband ni?. i just dey ask o
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by stonecoldcafe: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

my dear it looks strange,after giving d money to d boy,as I reached my house and was abt opening d gate,a little I girl I don't knw or met before ran to me and pulled on my dress....muttering God bless you to me.....is dat nt strange to u

No its not. She may have seen you dropping the money then her mum would have said "aww! So nice. Go tell that aunty God bless you" simples.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by DICKtator: 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Malakh:
lol only if you knew I was, visit has a different meaning in the scriptures tho but I get what you r saying, all i'm saying no Angel of God is coming to you because you went to a whorehouse

I don't understand this post of yours.

In fact, this thread is filled with confusionist starting with the op refiner

How do you mean no angel of God is coming to someone because he went to a whorehouse?

Have you forgotten Samson?

Or the scouts that lodged with Rahab the prostitute in Jericho?

Or perhaps it is just me and I am turning senile

grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by glossy6(f): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Even when giving, don't expect anything in return. In doing that you won't feel hurt if none came your way and your blessing will come in full.

My niece whom I sponsor in the University out of my own volition neither calls to say "thanks", not even #4 sms for Xmas & New yr wishes. Her mum no send self, no acknowledgment.

I saw an unknown missed call and called back only for the person to identify herself as that my niece. I was like ...thanks for remembering me today. ..life continues.

Gratitude or not, I won't stop what I have started. May God remember me and my generation for good.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:
Given has always been my habit from time being. I have noticed that I always try to make people in need happy even with my last kobo.

I remember walking on the road last year and I saw two guys and a girl standing and looking all helpless with some traveling bags. As I passed, I over heard them talk something about uncle their uncle Dissapointing them and not having money to even find a cheap hotel to stay still the next day. Something just felt cold within me and I walked back to them. I had 30k in my pocket and that was the last money on had on me and even in my account or anywhere. I just gave them everything and they were shocked, kneeling and thanking me like heaven has come to earth.

Believe me, the next day I got a call from someone I had been marketing a land to and he was ready to pay for it in Ikeja GRA, my commission was something else. I really was convinced that day that when you give with a clean heart, God will lift you up in a way you will never have expected.

What if you didnt give them the money and you still get the land sold?? What if you give em the money and the land aint sold again?? What'll be yo response??
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by DedeNkem: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
What's your point?

The only good thing I read from your post is that you gave a beggar money instead of giving it to church (Money Exploitation Center).

Don't boast about helping a beggar. Many people do it everyday without fanfare.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by noblegrex: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

that's my baby in the buildind.never thought you've got a heart of gold too. Keep it up,but be careful also.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
Djangocode:

What if you didnt give them the money and you still get the land sold?? What if you give em the money and the land aint sold again?? What'll be yo response??

I never could have told. Giving is something you do without any expectations and I feel that is when the unexpected happens. Its my own opinion though and my experience.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by 124mumsy: 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
pls I am looking for a generious wife like you who is a Christian pls marry me.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by blayde(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
I won't b surprised if U come back here & share ur testimony. Thumbs up gurl! But btw which kin church dey collect offering 3x.
OP abi na N20 u dey give as offering?
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by DrDunamis(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

So you gave your offering to a beggar?
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Ups01(m): 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
ta4ba3:
What's d name of d film
See this mugu
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Abbey2sam(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
greatness22:
Similar to what happened to me 2day... Wanted to climb a motorcycle when a young lady rushed towards me and ask me for money to eat, i have to give her my N500 offering and then trekked to church, on my way back, someone was shouting my name "Great, Great" i turned back to look who was calling, behold the person was a friend of mine who just returned from south africa, she appologise for not sending a birthday msg to me last month, to my suprise, she deep her hand inside her bag and brought out N3,000 and gave to me.

I don't know about the first story o, but this is definitely a lie
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by nobletitus(f): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
ruphytelecom:
I have read the story two times and still do not get it.
same here,cant jst understand the blessed part
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by nobletitus(f): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Honestly1:
Your story get as e be abeg... . Because a young girl of about 6years ran to u and say sister god bless you, you come believe that one pass... And u said ure coming from church. So i didn't believe that God has blessed u already in church abi or i don't even understand u story sef... U gave a begger ur offering and ure even bold to say it... Who is bigger? ... The begger or God?

And if someone says God bless you it's not really a big deal okay... Mtchew. You cooked up this story abeg.
evn if she cooks this,its not really making any sense to me.........ENDTIME blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / Egbe Donates Land For Deeper Life University / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.