Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic (5804 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) / Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram / Church Protests Against Boko Haram Prisoners In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by NDPVF(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
[s]
fulanimafia:
You are obviously absolutely incapable of contributing to this discourse on an intellectual level hence your resort to bigotry laced inanities and thoughtless vituperation.

If I were to descend to your level of analysing this issue with ethnic sentiment we know exactly who'll be left with a bloody nose.

You will be ignored henceforth as you obviously lack the capacity to add any substance to this topic.

[/s] ****,u are way too below me in all ramifications. Bring on ur warped jabs,am ready to go it all the way with u. And for ur info,am gonna be in the UK 3weeks from now by God's grace. Guess u stays there?. Lets finish it up there.****

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by LadyExcellency: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:

What do you know?

Profiling is patently illegal, violating international laws and the Constitutions of most democracies on core promises of equal protection under the law.

Tell PMB to stop embarrassing Nigeria and driving away investors by labeling all Nigerians (home and abroad) Criminals.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by vedaxcool(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
^
Chio oya recieve s....
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
You are grossly ill-informed if you think the entire world is not aware of our penchant for fraud ('our' used loosely).

The fact remains that before Buhari became President not to talk of uttering that statement, Nigerians have been perceived as fraudulent criminals and blacklisted from many financial mechanisms. From Malaysia to England Nigerians are being jailed daily for drug trafficking, fraud, and other sorts of illicit crimes yet you think it's the Presidents statement that is profiling us as criminals.

As I submitted earlier, we can continue to pretend to be saints or do something about our negative perception in the world.

LadyExcellency:

What do you know?

Profiling is patently illegal, violating international law and the Constitutions of most democracies on core promises of equal protection under the law.

Tell PMB to stop embarrassing Nigeria and driving away investors by labeling all Nigerians (home and abroad) Criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by bjdon: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:
The fact is if you live in the UK, you would understand where the President is coming from regarding our reputation for credit card fraud, love scams, visa fraud, arranged marriages for residency, internet fraud etc.

However there is also a significant number of Nigerians doing brilliantly well in the various sectors of the British economy, particularly in Finance where I belong. Those screaming foul are only playing ostrich, even the Jamaican I was with last night had nothing good to say about our reputation (which is even more annoying now that I know their position on that chart).

It is up to us to either be introspective and fix ourselves, or pretend Nigerians are not the most fraudulent Africans in the entire world.

Please let's have some straight talk here. We all know there are corrupt Nigerians every where, but the critical fact that you and many others seem to be overlooking is that the President of Nigeria is supposed to be putting Nigeria and Nigerians in the best possible light. He is the number one salesman of Nigeria. Just imagine if there are Nigerians going for job interviews now and the recruiters were already doubting weather to take them on bassed on the bad reputation some Nigerians have, well now they can just 'hey even their President says they are corrupt, why should we take a risk on hiring him/her'. Don't you see, it was the absence of nuance in the statement that is so annoying. What I expect my president to say is something like:

'A lot of you Nigerians in the Uk are doing extremely well in a broad range of industries from fiance to technology to medicine.Unfortunately a small number of criminals continue to give all of you a bad reputation. My govt will intensify efforts to ensure that all those who carry out corrupt practices and then run back home are persecuted and their assets seized. I want to ask the overwhelming majority of law abiding Nigerians to continue to work hard and do your community and country proud.'

A PRESIDENT DOES NOT COME ABROAD AND PAINT HIS CITIZENS AS CRIMINALS. IT'S SIMPLY NOT DONE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by LoveMachine(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:
The latter part of your assertion applies because bad news sells best, which further buttresses our global perception as fraudulent criminals.

Half a million Nigerian prisoners in a country of 64 million? Haba....we need to check ourselves.

Oh please don't think I'm making excuses for the criminal elements. It is imperative we do better. We are too blessed to be doing what we do. We'll get there in due course.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Biafrarep(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Adminisher:

It is you that is not exposed. What school did you go?
Buhari has been having foreign exposure before your parents were born and I mean no offence. I think a lot of you people are not seeing life realistically. Buhari knows much more about PR management than you. This is about ideology of life and principle not shallow western inspired brand management. The man who changed China Dengie Xia O Ping said worse things about his country in the late 80s when reforms started. It is not 83 the job description of president to lie to his people.
Scvmbag, going emotional & throwing insults without substance is the hallmark of daft people. Chairman Mao Zedong was credited with changing China, piss off my mention dude if dont have anything sensible.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by adconline(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Adminisher:

It is you that is not exposed. What school did you go?
Buhari has been having foreign exposure before your parents were born and I mean no offence. I think a lot of you people are not seeing life realistically. Buhari knows much more about PR management than you. This is about ideology of life and principle not shallow western inspired brand management. The man who changed China Dengie Xia O Ping said worse things about his country in the late 80s when reforms started. It is not 83 the job description of president to lie to his people.
Another display of sophisticated idiocy!! Foreign exposure my_ass, how come he didn't know that West Germany doesn't exist? He didn't know the meaning of "inclusive"..

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
tafrica:
Condmening Buhari for that disgraceful statement isn't that we're supporting corruption, every country has corrupt Nationals, but their Presidents rather choose to market their positives. Do you know how many illegal Mexican Immigrants in USA? Should their president go on air and chant "My People are corrupt"? Mexicans are also experts in drugs, how many times have their presidents aired that?

Rape is common in india, do they air this internationally? Other nationals won't help you solve the mess, they will rather disparage you for it, why going to their land to mess up our personality when we have far more sincere Nigerians we can use to market Nigeria.

Going by this statistics, I'm sure there were more Nigerians than 167 jailed ones in 2014, why do we have to denigrate other sincere thousands of Nigerians because of criminals who are minority? How does this help in driving investors to Nigeria or rebranding our image?
true talk.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by ejiyke2007(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
those countires that has the highest number of prisoners in United Kingdom how many times did their president come out and insult his fellow citizen in the name of truth Sayer,well iam not a Nigerian but i feel about why in the name of Neptune will a president call his country people criminals
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:
You are grossly ill-informed if you think the entire world is not aware of our penchant for fraud ('our' used loosely).

The fact remains that before Buhari became President not to talk of uttering that statement, Nigerians have been perceived as fraudulent criminals and blacklisted from many financial mechanisms. From Malaysia to England Nigerians are being jailed daily for drug trafficking, fraud, and other sorts of illicit crimes yet you think it's the Presidents statement that is profiling us as criminals.

As I submitted earlier, we can continue to pretend to be saints or do something about our negative perception in the world.

nobody is saying nigeria does not have criminals, wat sane pipul ar saying is dat buari should stop abusing nigerians abroad.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
bjdon:

Please let's have some straight talk here. We all know there are corrupt Nigerians every where, but the critical fact that you and many others seem to be overlooking is that the President of Nigeria is supposed to be putting Nigeria and Nigerians in the best possible light. He is the number one salesman of Nigeria. Just imagine if there are Nigerians going for job interviews now and the recruiters were already doubting weather to take them on bassed on the bad reputation some Nigerians have, well now they can just 'hey even their President says they are corrupt, why should we take a risk on hiring him/her'. Don't you see, it was the absence of nuance in the statement that is so annoying. What I expect my president to say is something like:

'A lot of you Nigerians in the Uk are doing extremely well in a broad range of industries from fiance to technology to medicine.Unfortunately a small number of criminals continue to give all of you a bad reputation. My govt will intensify efforts to ensure that all those who carry out corrupt practices and then run back home are persecuted and their assets seized. I want to ask the overwhelming majority of law abiding Nigerians to continue to work hard and do your community and country proud.'

A PRESIDENT DOES NOT COME ABROAD AND PAINT HIS CITIZENS AS CRIMINALS. IT'S SIMPLY NOT DONE!!!!

exactly wat we ar saying. i don't know why d zombies ar so shallow in reasoning. nobody is saying nigeria don't have criminals, all pipul ar saying is dat d president should know how to talk intelligently.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Igwe9(m): 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dora will be tuning in her grave.. All the branding thing been dashed on the ground like that,nmeanwhile, I am part of the good people, great nation!
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by kasay: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigerians relish dwelling in the cesspool of delusion and self-deceit. If Nigerians are not criminals, I wonder what else they are.
How many embassies across the world are willing to offer Visa to Nigerians??

Yahoo plus is one of the biggest industry in Nigeria and we have successfully exported this scheme to other parts of the world.

A young lady defrauded nairalanders of over 400million through Agric investment yet same Nairalanders are here pontificating that PMB is wrong.

Drug trafficking, rituals, kidnapping, violent robberies, prostitution, embezzlement,fraud etc are mega industries in Nigeria.

As it stands today, Nigeria is a major exporter of crime to other parts of the world.

Nigeria's absolute advantage is in crime and criminality.

It's only the wailers that choose to play the ostrich in this issue, after bleeding the country dry and empowering their thugs to expand and diversify the business of crime.

Most Nigerians are criminals and criminal minded!!

Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
drss:
so is china in asia.

So is Poland in Europe and indeed the world lol!
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by ckmayoca: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Nigeria is leading in Africa

Our population is always an advantage in anything the involves number in africa.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Opinedecandid(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:
The fact is if you live in the UK, you would understand where the President is coming from regarding our reputation for credit card fraud, love scams, visa fraud, arranged marriages for residency, internet fraud etc.

However there is also a significant number of Nigerians doing brilliantly well in the various sectors of the British economy, particularly in Finance where I belong. Those screaming foul are only playing ostrich, even the Jamaican I was with last night had nothing good to say about our reputation (which is even more annoying now that I know their position on that chart).

It is up to us to either be introspective and fix ourselves, or pretend Nigerians are not the most fraudulent Africans in the entire world.

You don't seem to get it.
There is no nation with zero level of corruption, equally, there is no nation with zero level of sainthood.

However, for the Nigerian President who was voted in to 'better' the country in diverse perspectives to turn round to further bastardise the image of the nation must be condemned by all and sundry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLC Urges Fayemi To Prioritise Payment Of Workers’ Salaries / See How World Leaders Are Rushing President Buhari At Paris Peace Forum (Pics) / No March Salary Yet For Federal Higher Institution Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.