Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers (987 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? / GUYS, Why Don't You Moan During Sex? / Chaii! Lagos Driver Brings Out Manhood For Passengers To See (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by JhyMedex: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
I've got did phobia 4 traveling by air... I suppose cld guess y grin

So y why don't Airlines provide compulsory parachutes for passengers in case of unforseen qualms like a plane crash...

Jst thinking out loud grin
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Strahovski1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
They do. There is one below your seat.
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Kaylexzy(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
If u ask me.....
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by tr3y(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Strahovski1:
They do. There is one below your seat.

The item below your seat is not a parachute. It's a life jacket which keeps you floating incase the plane crash into ocean and is also pressurized so it keeps you upright rather than upside-down which would be the case without life jacket.

OP, it's not possible theoretically because of cost and parachute is a complex item that needs special training to use unless na only military men you want to fly then no wahala but if it's civilians, handicaps, children, elderly people then just forget it.

Imagine say plane one crash and think of the pandemonium inside the plane already now do you think those people will listen to the hostess sef.

As far as I know air cabin is pressurized and if you open even a tiny hole the effect will be catastrophic due to unequal pressure and also look at the possibility of being drawn into the plane engine/wings that is if you even make it outside the plane.

It is possible with choppers because they don't fly as high as aeroplane.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Strahovski1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sir there is both a life jacket for emergency landing on water and a parachute. I've had an experience once.

Not all airlines but major ones.

tr3y:

The item below your seat is not a parachute. It's a life jacket which keeps you floating incase the plane crash into ocean and is also pressurized so it keeps you upright rather than upside-down which would be the case without life jacket.

OP, it's not possible theoretically because of cost and parachute is a complex item that needs special training to use unless na only military men you want to fly then no wahala but if it's civilians, handicaps, children, elderly people then just forget it.

Imagine say plane one crash and think of the pandemonium inside the plane already now do you think those people will listen to the hostess sef.

As far as I know air cabin is pressurized and if you open even a tiny hole the effect will be catastrophic due to unequal pressure and also look at the possibility of being drawn into the plane engine/wings that is if you even make it outside the plane.

Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by cruzita(f): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin your payment no include parachute bill
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by tr3y(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Strahovski1:
Sir there is both a life jacket for emergency landing on water and a parachute. I've had an experience once.

Not all airlines but major ones.

I have flew Arik and Aero. None of them have parachute. If you jump out of an airplane at that high altitude,just know that you are dead before jumping coz of the pressure, low oxygen and freezing temperature and that is if you don't get blown into the planes engine self.
Even international airlines don't have parachute in airplane. You sure say no be Bristow you fly sha.
Abeg tell me about your experience.
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Strahovski1(m): 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
tr3y:

I have flew Arik and Aero. None of them have parachute. If you jump out of an airplane at that high altitude,just know that you are dead before jumping coz of the pressure, low oxygen and freezing temperature and that is if you don't get blown into the planes engine self.
Even international airlines don't have parachute in airplane. You sure say no be Bristow you fly sha.
Abeg tell me about your experience.

Air Asia has a parachute. I was en route to Hong Kong from India. And something happened that night the pilot announced that the plane will lower towards the island that we should look below our seats. There I saw both parachute and the life jacket. Then the crew tell us that they open emergency doors so we can jump off once the plane reach its mark. But it did not get to that. The pilot suddenly gained alititude and things went back ok and he landed at the nearest airport for checking. It was a horrible experience. It was featured on the news channels in India and Hong kong that year. (2011)
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by JhyMedex: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
tr3y:

Thanks B.. Quite incisive... Bt atleast d individual shld b given d choice... I Jst wish it cld b introduced, I believe it wld go a long way in reducing d death count frm plane crashes
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by JhyMedex: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
cruzita:
grin your payment no include parachute bill
Hahaha... Make dem add am... Notin spoil... grin
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by JhyMedex: 12:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Strahovski1:

Air Asia has a parachute. I was en route to Hong Kong from India. And something happened that night the pilot announced that the plane will lower towards the island that we should look below our seats. There I saw both parachute and the life jacket. Then the crew tell us that they open emergency doors so we can jump off once the plane reach its mark. But it did not get to that. The pilot suddenly gained alititude and things went back ok and he landed at the nearest airport for checking. It was a horrible experience. It was featured on the news channels in India and Hong kong that year. (2011)
Dats more like it... U drop 2 a lower altitude n voooom!!! We turn countless supermen.. grin

Wat an experience B... It was one u cld do without...
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2016
Like me now they will not want to gimme parachute cos i kno i will buy my ticket on credit cheesy

Cos i fit vex open door land commot cheesy
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by tr3y(m): 12:15am On Feb 09, 2016
A
Strahovski1:

A complete set of parachute cost $5000 upwards and to use it you must undergo a minimum of 4hours training. Even life jacket sef most people don't know how to put it on talk less of parachute.

2. Imagine a car moving at 200mph now imagine you someone suddenly jump out of that car at that speed. What do you think will happen? Even though I dey jump from bus before the driver stops in lagos I no fit try this one.

Now imagine an airplane flying at altitude of 35000ft and at a speed of over 500mph wit very low atmospheric pressure plus less than 20% normal oxygen levels and freezing temperature. Now if you don't freeze to death, your joints and interenal systems will not remain the same coz even the slight change in pressure that occurs when a plane is taking off affects our body especially sinus and jointsNot talkof that massive drop at that altitude that is why aircraft cabin are pressurized.

Now think of the elderly people prone to heart attacks or children how do they release the chute at that level where it's freezing and they are feeling like they want to implode even you self go forget where to pull in order to release the chute and remember that you can't release it immediate you jump off.

People that you see using parachute do so at altitude less that 1500ft It's only in movies you see James Bond jumping from out of space sef and still bounce when he touchdown.

I'm sorry to tell you Bros but what you saw wasn't a parachute, they might have used it to calm you people down sha.

You can Google effect of low atmospheric pressure on human body.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by tr3y(m): 12:32am On Feb 09, 2016
JhyMedex:

Thanks B.. Quite incisive... Bt atleast d individual shld b given d choice... I Jst wish it cld b introduced, I believe it wld go a long way in reducing d death count frm plane crashes

Go and get your private jet if you want choice bro grin
Airlines are business and business are run for profit,No business man will want to spend millions on parachutes.

It will only make things worse bro, you know people that sky dive don't jump at once, they make sure the previous person has reach a certain point before the next person jumps in order to avoid collision. Now imagine an aiplane that is about to crash do you think over 200 people will wait in line to jump one after the other. Infact them go don kill themselves before the plane crash.
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by JhyMedex: 12:36am On Feb 09, 2016
sickstars:
Like me now they will not want to gimme parachute cos i kno i will buy my ticket on credit cheesy

Cos i fit vex open door land commot cheesy
Lmao.. Dis B ehn...
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 09, 2016
JhyMedex:

Lmao.. Dis B ehn...
cheesy its tru o
Re: Why Don't Airlines Provide Compulsory Parachutes For Passengers by Strahovski1(m): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2016
Suit your self man. Please board an An Air Asia flight. First Class. The business Jet and then check below the seat then come back here. Ok?

I wonder how some people make one seem not to know what he is saying. Perhaps in Nigeria it not happen. Well, ok

But here in my place most of our planes have it because of so many records of crash. Even the Air Authority has mandated it for commercial flight although some airlines are yet to implement but some have. So please do your research before quoting.

tr3y:
A

A complete set of parachute cost $5000 upwards and to use it you must undergo a minimum of 4hours training. Even life jacket sef most people don't know how to put it on talk less of parachute.

2. Imagine a car moving at 200mph now imagine you someone suddenly jump out of that car at that speed. What do you think will happen? Even though I dey jump from bus before the driver stops in lagos I no fit try this one.

Now imagine an airplane flying at altitude of 35000ft and at a speed of over 500mph wit very low atmospheric pressure plus less than 20% normal oxygen levels and freezing temperature. Now if you don't freeze to death, your joints and interenal systems will not remain the same coz even the slight change in pressure that occurs when a plane is taking off affects our body especially sinus and jointsNot talkof that massive drop at that altitude that is why aircraft cabin are pressurized.

Now think of the elderly people prone to heart attacks or children how do they release the chute at that level where it's freezing and they are feeling like they want to implode even you self go forget where to pull in order to release the chute and remember that you can't release it immediate you jump off.

People that you see using parachute do so at altitude less that 1500ft It's only in movies you see James Bond jumping from out of space sef and still bounce when he touchdown.

I'm sorry to tell you Bros but what you saw wasn't a parachute, they might have used it to calm you people down sha.

You can Google effect of low atmospheric pressure on human body.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Ladies/women Love In Guys/men? / I Want To Propose To My Girlfriend With A Watch / Soappy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.