Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (16669 Views)

I'm Not Marrying Her: How DO I End This Relationship, All My Trap Has Faild Me / Her In-Law Advises Me Against Marrying Her / Lady Gives Her Boyfriend Ultimatum To Propose Or She Walks Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
I recently had a little quarrel with my fiancee and she said I'm making her to have double mind over our forthcoming wedding. She even said that she can remember that I never asked her to marry me which means I did not propose her which is true. Is it mandatory that a guy must propose to a woman before marriage?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by afolayangs(m): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
oga. we are in global age where we copy what's happening outside our culture..... . ladies like to keep memories alive so kindly do the needful. it will only cost you 2 things. May be 20k and humility.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Pubichairs(m): 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
smiley give her belle...she go understand well

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by JULIE1925(f): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
grin

There's nothing wrong to propose.. Juz make sure the ring u will give is PAWNABLE grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
JULIE1925:
grin

There's nothing wrong to propose.. Juz make sure the ring u will give is PAWNABLE grin

angry

∆ Hey hey!!! grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
angry

∆ You self for ask am now ∆

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Lonestar124: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
Is not compulsory

19 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by OgahBohz: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
its not even compulsory to get married before u propose ...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Mustack: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
Pubichairs:
smiley give her belle...she go understand well
na she go come propose to you

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Eddodoh(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
I recently had a little quarrel with my fiancee and she said I'm making her to have double mind over our forthcoming wedding. She even said that she can remember that I never asked her to marry me which means I did not propose her which is true. Is it mandatory that a guy must propose to a woman before marriage?
Guy, u need 2 propose. Follow procedures.

Look here: u toast b4 dating, u date 4 a certain time, 'u propose marriage'.

Cos it's one thing to date & it's another to marry. More so, some people are good at dating but not good or prepare for marriage.

This same drama happens when u think u are already dating a lady because u toasted her, she hasn't give u a positive response. Then, she visit & u want to get down with her. She would tell u that she hasn't agree to date u, not to talk of getting down.

Marriage is a project. A project is any activity or something that has a beginning & an end. It involved interrelated activities & inputs to bring out d desired result.

So, do the needful!

P.S: On another different issue. I have being trying to reach u so as to have a chat with u but u ain't on Whatsapp nor respond to my pm.

Here is my digit: zero-7-zero-3-seven-8-seven-9-three-9-six

It's important!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Eddodoh:

Guy, u need 2 propose. Follow procedures.

Look here: u toast b4 dating, u date 4 a certain time, 'u propose marriage'.

Cos it's one thing to date & it's another to marry. More so, some people are good at dating but not good or prepare for marriage.

This same drama happens when u think u are already dating a lady because u toasted her, she hasn't give u a positive response. Then, she visit & u want to get down with her. She would tell u that she hasn't agree to date u, not to talk of getting down.

Marriage is a project. A project is any activity or something that has a beginning & an end. It involved interrelated activities & inputs to bring out d desired result.

So, do the needful!

P.S: On another different issue. I have being trying to reach u so as to have a chat with u but u ain't on Whatsapp nor respond to my pm.

Here is my digit: zero-7-zero-3-seven-8-seven-9-three-9-six

It's important!
thanks bro. I really appreciate.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Eddodoh(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
thanks bro. I really appreciate.
U are most welcome
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by izaray(f): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oga be romantic for once na grin Take her on a date, and tell her what she wants to hear. In this case, even 5k ring will be appreciated by her..

At least make she too wear engagement ring for finger like her friends too nah cool

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by libertyfather(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
Not sure
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by twosquare(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
Colonial sister. angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by chyckxx(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
It’s not even compulsory to get married.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by stano2(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
Media madness

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
In Nigeria settings these days...you start living with the person, no need to ask that "will you marry me" question because the people involved already knew they will marry.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by bid4rich(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Sorry, its not. I didn't propose to mine before we got married. She reminded me just like yours but my response is "will the propose make a home"? Emphatic NO! You may say I'm not romantic, that's your business. Ask her!

Till tomorrow, no propose but we are doing very great.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by mecussey(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
FromZeroToHero:

Bro, find windows 10 and install in her brains. If she continue this way, other people will live her life for her.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by BruncleZuma: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nope...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by kazzy4u(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
nah Nigeria dey take am personal

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by MiaB(f): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
Prior to the 20th century, engagement didn’t exist
except for the very richest people, which
means that the vast majority of brides up
until 1948 didn’t feel they were necessary.
DeBeers popularized the concept of the
diamond engagement ring with the “A
Diamond Is Forever"
but since marriage has existed for millennia,
70 years doesn’t cut it for me to consider it a
long-standing cultural phenomenon that
you could really call a “tradition.”
Therefore it's not Compulsory

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by MiaB(f): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
Prior to the 20th century, engagement didn’t exist
except for the very richest people, which
means that the vast majority of brides up
until 1948 didn’t feel they were necessary.
DeBeers popularized the concept of the
diamond engagement ring with the “A
Diamond Is Forever"
but since marriage has existed for millennia,
70 years doesn’t cut it for me to consider it a
long-standing cultural phenomenon that
you could really call a “tradition.”
Therefore it's not Compulsory

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Babs24: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
No, its not.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
Noo.. truly d girl na colonial babe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by castrokins(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by jmoore(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
Not compulsory. Na too much oyibo movies wey don brainwash many.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by mecussey(m): 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
izaray:
Oga be romantic for once na grin Take her on a date, and tell her what she wants to hear. In this case, even 5k ring will be appreciated by her..

At least make she too wear engagement ring for finger like her friends too nah cool

Well, you get sense sha

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nimi22(f): 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
No it isn't. I can't remember my husband engaging me with a ring before me got married.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Bauer1: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
won't you drop the soup from the fire before serving and eating? How else will you know if the person really wanna get married to you?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience At Silver Fox Strip Club Yesterday! / My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) / I Caught My Senior Brother Fucking Our Neighbour's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.