Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun (39059 Views)

War Against Hijab: Lagos Loses Again / Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun. / Tragedy: A Pregnant Woman Attacked By 3 Police Officers In Lagos Loses Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by forgiveness: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
mo.ki se omo nna o. Agbaya ni yin.

I guess am done with you..since forgiveness is no place to be found cheesy

See my last post now. I am waiting for you to do the needful. grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by IGBOPRINCE: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
forgiveness:

I dey investigate everything one by one and after that i will come out... grin So far, i can see you want do ojoro for here. grin you listed the companies and you also listed their products to make a long list. e.g union auto battery is manufactured by Ibeto group, life vegetable oil is manufactured by chicasongroup, etcetera grin Pls do me a favour by listing all the product under the companies then we go talk. grin Thanks
ochi a'tugbuom m ebea. grin grin grin grin

Nwanne, ala gba gbue gi ebe a m. You don't sound like yoruba to me cos yoruba guys re quick to insults and rants but you, I like your kind of being. You re kind of a funny dude.
Chat later, I need to do something very important now but let me call one or two anambrarian guy to help you cure your ignorance cheesy

Cc tonychristopher and ilovemystate grin good luck if they have your time .cheesy grin

Nice chatting with you all grin walks out wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
forgiveness:

My friend do the wright thing check what the produce and stop been lazy, always running from pillar to post, when I provide details now, you argument will change to something else

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
forgiveness:

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42827719:

Bros. grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42827657:

My friend do the wright thing check what the produce and stop been lazy, always running from pillar to post, when I provide details now, you argument will change to something else

You don come with ya wahala again oooo. grin You know i don't do that. Now, that is exactly what i want. Provide the details. grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by toggy: 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
why not, when Lagos are imposing huge and irrelevant taxes on companies and individuals.
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by forgiveness: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42827719:

I hope you are trying to provide the details. I am waiting. grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Ritchiee: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Lol
Change what ??
You can't chase us away from Lagos.

What will happen to the houses owned by the igbos ??
What will happen to the factories owned by the igbos ??

We're here to stay and you have no opinion about that, you sold your father's property to the igbos.

You're officially homeless
We dont have to chase you out of Lagos when we are still using you as slaves to develop our land.You don't have1/10 of landed properties owned by Kwarans who are Yorubas and you better know that you and what you own in SW are the bonafide properties of we Yorubas and there is nothing you can do about that...
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
if I am a drop out from secondary school and richer than you? Naim be sey that one go make sense pass o grin
You re a graduate from the zoo and they re offering you a marketing job while I seat in my office and welcome my customers daily grin

Pls go and learn from igbos people, beg those ogas to pick you as a servant while you learn a trading from them. It will help shaping and broadening your knowledge.

A yoruba businessmen(go ask them) will rather put an igbo guy to handled his/her business cos he knows his people re not patient to serves their masters.
They can sway with their master money cheesy in an twinkle of an eye. Come to idumota or onitsha main market and see how much a servant learning a trade is counting.
Am very sure when you see such money, you will plan with agbero and touts from oshodi or mushin to run away with such multi-millions.

Ndi ohiohi grin

Ignorant Igboman sounding like Ojukwu grin

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

Nigeria: One Country Four Economies Discussion Points

By

Falalu Bello, OFR

abumoha1978@yahoo.com

v I thank my friend and Junior brother, Mr. Sam Nda-Isiah, for inviting me to speak at this important forum on what to do to reverse de-industrialization in Northern Nigerian. When the invitation was extended to me, I asked of the topic I am to speak on and I was not given any. All my brother wanted me to do at this Conference is to set the tone for the experts invited to do justice to the topic under discussion. My role therefore is not to talk of how industrialists are to access funds from the banking system nor even to talk on such general issues as the importance of finance to industrialization:

v I have been invited to contextually put Northern Nigeria amongst other regions in Nigeria and could easily have compared Northern economy and its Southern Counterpart. I have chosen not to go this route because, I want us all to see that geography, history and the Obasanjo administration and its reform agenda have created four (4) fairly distinct economies in Nigerian. We as Northerners need to appreciate where our economy currently stands amongst other economies in Nigeria so as to appreciate the kind of race we have to run if we are to remain relevant in Nigeria.

v On the basis of ownership and/or control of resources that make for economic development, post-Obasanjo Nigeria in terms of strength could easily be categorized into 4 economies as follows:

a) South West Economy;

b) South East plus Delta Economy;

c) Northern Economy; and

d) South South minus Delta Economy

v The four economies mentioned above are fairly distinct with each growing at its own pace. The South Western economy is growing at a faster rate than all followed by South East plus Delta economy whilst those of the North and South South minus Delta could at best be described as stagnant. A simple analysis of these four economies is given below:-

a) South West Economy

South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

b) The South-East plus Delta

The South Easterners plus their cousins across the Onitsha bridge control commerce in all parts of Nigeria and are thus largely employed. The region has clusters of small scale industries around Nnewi and Aba. The banking consolidation has assisted these people to now have ownership and or control of over 50% of Nigerian banking assets. It also controls 21% of the nation’s insurance assets and 20% of industrial assets. With this development, this region which has not had a commanding control over Nigerian economy will certainly begin to do that now. Commercial activities backed by finance can only grow the economy of South-East plus Delta. The growing strength of financial muscle of this region has been aptly demonstrated by the recent licensing of Micro Finance Banks. Of the over 600 MFBs recently licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Anambra State alone had 74 whilst Yobe State had 1, Sokoto 5, Zamfara 6, etc. There exists also in this economy a middle class which will now grow itself in number and financial muscle and will almost certainly grow its economy inclusive particularly of small and medium sized industrial base.

c) The Northern Economy

The North which geographically is 719,435 Square Kilometers or 79% of Nigeria’s landmass and has 75 million or 53.6% of Nigeria’s population has its economy as a consequence of various reforms introduced, been totally grounded. Today, the North has ownership and/or control of no more than 3% of banking assets and 2% of insurance assets and 10% of industrial assets. True, the North has a huge landmass but this has remained under exploited due to jettisoning of time tested policies of price support (as a result of abolishing of marketing boards without putting alternatives) and abandonment of extension services and quality control. Also, the North has a huge population but the population has remained largely uneducated and/or half educated because of near failure of governance in certain States and Local Governments. Currently its most distinguishing characteristic is grinding poverty. Recent poverty statistics indicate that the poverty level of States in the North has been on the increase in the last 9 years and reached over 80%. Its two commercial and industrial nerve centers (Kano and Kaduna) have seen industrial capacity utilization decline to an all time low of less than 10%. The textile, automobile and beverages companies that thrived so impressively in the 1970s and 1980s have collapsed rendering thousands jobless. Although hydroelectricity is generated at Kainji Dam and in lesser quantities at Shiroro Gorge and at several smaller sites, the entire mechanisms are run on very obsolete equipment and the performance is consequently very epileptic and unsuitable for meaningful economic activity.

d) The South South minus Delta

The South South is largely in the creeks of Niger Delta and has therefore a small land mass of only 48,321 square kilometers and is populated by 13.6 Million people. Notwithstanding the fact that it is house to Nigerian Oil wealth, this region exclusive of oil company activities like the North is also backward economically. It controls no more than 3% of banking assets, 10% of insurance assets and no more than 10% of industrial assets on account of oil related industries that the indigenes do not control. Furthermore, its overstretched land mass has suffered considerable degradation and its aquatic life destroyed. As a region, its people and economy are worst off than the North as it lacks fresh environment, water and even good air to breath.

v Geography, history and particularly the reform agenda of Obasanjo’s regime have created above very dangerous economic structure in Nigeria. By design or by accident Northerners and South Southerners as peoples and regions have been made third and fourth class citizens. We may well choose to ignore these happenings and pretend that they have not happened but doing so will be at the peril of the Nigerian Polity. It is indeed in the interest of the South Westerners and the South Easterners for some affirmative actions to be taken to redress the situation else there will be no real peace in this country moving forward. The so called “religious disturbances” in the Northern States and the Port Harcourt conundrum of kids of less than 15 years carrying guns and terrorizing the population will not stop until these imbalances are consciously addressed and redressed. As the saying goes “where the poor does not sleep because of hunger, the rich too will not sleep because of robbery”.

v To complement whatever redress may be agreed to by the polity to help the grinding poverty and unemployment in the North and South South economies we the peoples of these regions need to also help ourselves as nobody will develop our regions for us. I see this Conference as one of the avenues that my be used to chart a course for the North. Undoubtedly, reviving collapsed and collapsing industries and building new ones will help. To be able to achieve these and grow the Northern economy, we MUST:

a) Democratize education by making it available to all our brethren in both quantity and quality. The system we are to evolve must include the “almajirai” and urban poor that cannot be wished away. There is indeed a correlation between education and development and it is only by educating our youth that they can begin to be productive and by so doing, we shall grow the middle class needed to sustain economic growth;

b) Consciously fight corruption and theft of government resources at all levels. So long as thievery continues to be perpetrated by Northern elites in government unchecked, so long we shall continue to drift further from the promised land. Furthermore, continuous thievery as we are witnessing in our recent history is preventing the emergence of a credible leadership in the North. We have in recent past had enough resources in our States and Local Governments to revert the ugly social trends in our Northern Society but the resources were and are being stolen;

c) Demand of the Federal Government for the development of energy sector in other areas as done to South West. For the North, this could be achieved by fast tracking the construction of Gembu and Zungeru Hydro Power Stations and upgrading of Kainji Stations by putting more turbines as well as extending the gas pipeline from Ajaokuta to Kano via Kaduna with a tee off at Funtua and Gusau so as to service existing industries and encouraging the emergence of others;

d) Demand for the moderation of certain policies of previous administrations which ruined Northern economy as implementation of undiluted market oriented reforms as we have seen do not bring about human development. Furthermore, any policy by any Government which hurts majority of its people no matter how good need be reexamined. Government should all be about improvement of the welfare of its citizens and not pauperizing them.

e) Make agriculture an economically viable activity as it is the only way that we can use in making our people have purchasing power to support any industrial rebirth as whatever is produced must be sold and for it to be sold, it needs a population that has purchasing power. Agriculture need to be made viable within the shortest possible time by:

i) Supporting price of agricultural produce by reintroducing price and quality support as done by the defunct Marketing Boards; and

ii) Improving yield of farmers through extension services, use of good seeds and the research results lying on the shelves of our research institutes nationwide.

f) Erect on the gas pipelines to be laid jointly with our Governments and other Nigerians, at least three Urea plants in Kogi, Niger and Kaduna States as a means of making fertilizers available to our peasant farmers at affordable prices. Such a move will make available to our farmers fertilizers at no more than half of their current prices without any subsidy and the subsidy could go to its area of most need, price support.

g) To ameliorate the negative consequences of not having banking industry in our region, urgently work with our States and Local Governments to create in the next two years, 9 regional banks as follows which would ensure that all the Local Government headquarters in the North have bank branches in the next 4 years.

S/No. States to Cover Headquarters

1 Kaduna/Katsina Katsina

2 Kano/Jigawa Jigawa

3 Sokoto/Kebbi/Zamfara Sokoto

4 Borno/Yobe Damaturu

5 Yola/Taraba Yola

6 Bauchi/Gombe Bauchi

7 Benue/Plateau Makurdi

8 Nassarawa/Niger Lafia

9 Kogi/Kwara Ilorin

Additionally, our rich businessmen should be urged to set up as many unit banks as possible to complement the regional banks.

v Finally, distinguish ladies and gentlemen, one would want to humbly suggest on industrialization that our focus in the immediate future should be on small and medium sized industries that are to process for local or export markets, agro allied products. My choice for small and medium sized industries is informed by the fact that they require less capitalization to set up and also less energy and skill to run. Processing of agro allied products will impact positively on growth of agriculture, the mainstay of Northern economy. For now and until we move as a community from agriculture to industry, our growth economically is tied down to agriculture.

I do hope the above views and suggestions will help discussants and participants alike in analyzing the declension into which the entire Northern Region has been plunged over the last couple of decades. I hope this Conference will also set in motion a process of economic revival in the entire North and I sincerely commend Leadership for organizing this Confab.

Happy deliberations:

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
mrmetoo1:

LMAO!! Comedy at its finest!!

You own Lagos but they keep deporting you and destroying your shops according to you all. You own Lagos, who no like better thing? Two Hausa guys Dangote and Dantata alone own more property in Ibeju Lekki alone than top 10 Igbo property owners in the entire Lagos. You don't hear Hausas say they own Lagos. If you live in Lagos and listen to Beat fm, then you probably know Toolz. Toolz family, the Onirus own more property than probably top 100 Igbo property owners in Lagos. We still have the Elegushi family, that still own most of the land in Elegushi area. Now let's start going from town to town and start still analyzing land owners. Go to Badagry and say this rubbish. Orile where you have all those Igbo traders selling tiles and so on... little secret, a Yoruba guy owns all those buildings they're renting. Please don't be deceived by your cousins living in Festac o.

Most of them just say that to console themselves.A CHUNK OF RICH IGBOS OWN LANDED PROPERTIES IN LAGOS but most of their people live in the shops they rent from their Yoruba landlords especially KWARANS who are shrewd business people.TO BE FRANK IGBOS DONT OWN ONE TENTH OF THE LANDED PROPERTIES OWN BY KWARANS NOT TO TALK OF THE IJEBUS,ELEGUSHIS,ONIRUS ETC.I just don't know when they started this unattainable dream knowing who the Yorubas are.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
mercyville:

[s]Most of them just say that to console themselves.A CHUNK OF RICH IGBOS OWN LANDED PROPERTIES IN LAGOS but most of their people live in the shops they rent from their Yoruba landlords especially KWARANS who are shrewd business people.TO BE FRANK IGBOS DONT OWN ONE TENTH OF THE LANDED PROPERTIES OWN BY KWARANS NOT TO TALK OF THE IJEBUS,ELEGUSHIS,ONIRUS ETC.I just don't know when they started this unattainable dream knowing who the Yorubas are[/s].
grin grin
Igbos giving Yoruba's sleepless night since 1960, You guys should focus your attention on standard of education in southwest, Igbos, and south south don leave you guys behind you are now dragging position with north.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
NO WONDER IGBOS WERE DEPORTED [quote author=RichYoungNigger post=42817294][color=#990000]Yoruba always mentioning Lagos as if na them get Lagos.

How many property them get for Lagos sef ??

Lagos is owned by igbos [quote]
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by wiseoneking: 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Guy, abeg leave matter for mathias. wiseoneking and his fellows are embittered souls but hey.. Bad belle is allowed cheesy. Those statistics are giving them migraines and will continue to. grin We will keep welcoming and attracting more and more FDI, while our own people sef will keep building indigenous industries, while they keep wailing. grin The Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies, e.t.c are all falling over themselves to attract FDI to their economies. That is the SW model too and we have no apologies for that. Just like the Brazilians are dominating FDI in Latin America, Yorubaland is taking the lead in Nigeria cheesy. The investors aren't stupid. They go where they know there's a condusive environment, money to be made, a large enough market, a skilled workforce, an international airport, a seaport of repute, e.t.c. That the SE isn't getting as much attention as even Kano in this respect speaks volumes. Allow them to keep wailing bro. Economically, we will continue to remain their bosses. They can wail till kingdom come while we keep moving foward.cheesy

http://www.areadevelopment.com/LocationUSA/2015-US-inward-investment-guide/how-us-states-target-fdi-strategies-2727261.shtml

http://www.cityam.com/1405852602/uk-foreign-investment-highest-europe-and-second-highest-world

http://www.fdiintelligence.com/Info/What-s-New/Press-releases/Brazil-continues-to-dominate-FDI-in-Latin-America-and-Caribbean

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2010/07/16/foreign-direct-investment-china-story

You got me wrong, i mean SEners are running and indigenous locally developed tech control by their people why you goes are expertriate and foreign emasculated. Tomorrow you start shouting transfer tech from this coy or crying that they employ your unqualified goose. Hope u get my point.
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by IGBOPRINCE: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
mercyville:
Ignorant Igboman sounding like Ojukwu grin

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

Happy deliberations:
lubbish. Re you expecting me to read all that ? You must be on a long thing.
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
wiseoneking:
You got me wrong, i mean SEners are running and indigenous locally developed tech control by their people why you goes are expertriate and foreign emasculated. Tomorrow you start shouting transfer tech from this coy or crying that they employ your unqualified goose. Hope u get my point.

WE DO HAVE OUR OWN INDIGENOUS PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW TOO BUT ONE THING ABOUT YORUBA IS WE DO NOT MAKE NOISE LIKE YOU PEOPLE.It was when you started talking about Innoson that we talked about proforce.When you started belittling Ibadan...we showed you that ONLY IBADAN(OYO STATE) IS MORE THAN ALL YOUR FIVE STATES AND MORE DEVELOPED.WE SHOWED YOU THE OLD AND NEW IBADAN in this thread...

https://www.nairaland.com/2588150/ibadan-brown-roofs-matter-perception

You saw there that Ibadan has more modern buildings than your entire five states.

WITHOUT ACRIMONY,WE CAN CONTINUE TO COMPETE AND WE WOULD BE THE BETTER FOR IT wink

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by FKO81(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42838130:

grin grin
Igbos giving Yoruba's sleepless night since 1960, You guys should focus your attention on standard of education in southwest, Igbos, and south south don leave you guys behind you are now dragging position with north.

[b]merging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his death has led to the proliferation of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.[/b]

Make them continue why their region is retrogressing, na propaganda that placed them where they are now, they done abandon the words most sophisticated and educated region, now na industrialised region
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
lubbish.
Re you expecting me to read all that ? You must be on a long thing.
lubbish indeed...lol grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mercyville: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
FKO81:

[b]merging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his death has led to the proliferation of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.[/b]

Make them continue why their region is retrogressing, na propaganda that placed them where they are now, they done abandon the words most sophisticated and educated region, now na industrialised region
TRY AGAIN,THIS ONE IS VERY,VERY STALE cheesy

No,we are still the most educated not withstanding your performance in the WAEC and Unity schools and whatever lead attainment you are still eja.culating on.
YOU DON'T COUNT YOUR EGGS WHEN THEY ARE NOT CHICKENS YET.THEY COULD BE ROTTEN,YOU KNOW ;DEspecially if they were laid fraudulently.

Right now,it seems like you roll with quantities while we roll with the quality chickens... grin

We lead with the highest number of young PHd holders in the world.As a matter of fact,we have four youngest PHD goons in THE WHOLE OF AFRICA smiley

We have the highest number of greatest black mathematicians in the history of humankind grin

We have the greatest Professor in Nigeria in the person of WOLE SOYINKA due to the highest honour that can be bestowed on any literary giant that was bestowed on him.

We have the best overall best student in the world grin

I bet you know all these and more.I have not bothered to put in links now but if you want,I would be obliged to oblige you grin

We have our lapses and we intend to improve on them.Kudos to you and others for hammering us even if it is through MC.We must wake up and smell the cool breeze before it becomes hot smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
wiseoneking:

Yinmu. Bull crap. There's nothing Igbos are doing now that Yorubas haven't already done, are still doing, and will continue doing. That is why we are are the pace-setting region, remember? Just come out and fess up that you are simply jealous that our region is enjoying all the attention in the form of FDI that you all wish the SE was getting. There's no tech anywhere in the world that can't be reverse engineered so quit flattering yourself into thinking you all have any 'tech control' coz even Innoson, with all due respect, is merely assemblying a Chinese brand locally and slapping his brand name on it -- I have proof of this and can present it here if you wish. So please what tech are you controlling coz na China tech wey be pure water already Una dey localize. There are even speculations in some quarters that he is a front for a Chinese auto coy. But in any case, the Chinese are renowned copycats who reverse engineer Western tech and customized them for local use.

Like I said, we Yorubas have our numerous indigenous local industries and are always open to FDI. I think you are better off worrying about the SE attracting more FDI to your region than exhibiting bad-belle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by wiseoneking: 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
SUBWAY101 post=:
[s][/s]

You are only dominating in peddling drugs, armed robbery, selling gala and pirated cd. Stop believing your own lies, bad belle is not good for your health. Why e dey pain you for body nah, not our fault that people run away from your region. Stop crying little man
You are funny! SW is entirely controlled by non indigenes and foreigners. Now it is wholly in the hand mallam Dangote. Is it a lie? Is he not your modern economic master with all the sw region wealths in the palm of his hand, while your profs are rushing to pick driving jobs in his coy. I pity you guys. You better start developing your indigenous tech like nnewi and aba. See how the fed govt is rushing to these two cities like wind. FUTO Owerri is rolling out their first Model car from their prestigious automobil dept very soon. First of its kind in black africa. But note that thesame Guys selling Gala are the ones buying up your papa lands and you renting the building they built infront of your brown roofs. Again remember that their ancestors produced the first Vc's of UI (prof Dike), UNILAG (prof Enijoku)and even Yaba tech rector all in fifties and sixties. Again, the brothers and sisters of this gala sellers are rightfully winning elections in your ancentral land, both in Lagos and elsewhere, even representing you both in your state and National assembly. You no dey shame. Find a rope, tie it on a tree and do your worst.
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by IGBOPRINCE: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
We run an indigenous companies and industries, an india man or lebanese can't take us as a slave.

We can only accept an american cos indian and chinese re something else.
Anyway we don't care about them. We run our industries and managed it well.

Look out this product; tommy tommy indomie that s own by an igbo man from the east,he has his manufacturing industry in anambra state. today Tommy tommy indomie is a threat to dangote indomie. People from lagos,akwa ibom and benue do requests or demands much for tommy tommy indomie cos sometime it s always scarce here in lagos state cos the demands for such products is high.

If not for ibeto cement industry that s a threat to dangote cement factory,
dangote will never ever think of reducing cement price for a common man to build his house but thank God for competition cheesy
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
wiseoneking:
FUTO Owerri is rolling out their first Model car from their prestigious automobil dept very soon. First of its kind in black africa.

Hahahaha! Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but your FUTO boys still never 'roll out' that 'first Model car' since they announced it in 2013, whereas a Unilag student, omo Yoruba, don already design and built a working version of an electric car. cheesy You people just go up and down bragging about your achievements when others have already moved past what you are celebrating. There we go again, setting the pace. Smh. cheesy

cheesy

http://thenationonlineng.net/unilag-students-design-electric-car/

CC: SUBWAY101

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
[s]
wiseoneking:
You are funny! SW is entirely controlled by non indigenes and foreigners. Now it is wholly in the hand mallam Dangote. Is it a lie? Is he not your modern economic master with all the sw region wealths in the palm of his hand, while your profs are rushing to pick driving jobs in his coy. I pity you guys. You better start developing your indigenous tech like nnewi and aba. See how the fed govt is rushing to these two cities like wind. FUTO Owerri is rolling out their first Model car from their prestigious automobil dept very soon. First of its kind in black africa. But note that thesame Guys selling Gala are the ones buying up your papa lands and you renting the building they built infront of your brown roofs. Again remember that their ancestors produced the first Vc's of UI (prof Dike), UNILAG (prof Enijoku)and even Yaba tech rector all in fifties and sixties. Again, the brothers and sisters of this gala sellers are rightfully winning elections in your ancentral land, both in Lagos and elsewhere, even representing you both in your state and National assembly. You no dey shame. Find a rope, tie it on a tree and do your worst.
[/s]

Shut it there and stop splashing smelly spit everywhere. If we go by your bullcrap that its controlled by foreigners, whats your own problem and headache? Why do you want to kill yourself over that? Are you that shameless that you are having heart attack over nothing. Firstly, you are only gala sellers and armed robbers in Lagos, stop believing your own lies. Many of you were deported to your dead land and nothing happened, you are only good at ranting online like a battered wife. You rent house and not buy any house, I know you guys very well. 40 of you sleep in a room but will go to your village in December to lie about owing a big mansion in Lagos, we are all used to those lies. So having a former VC now means what? You are truly deluded, you just keep posting craps in pain and anger. buhahhahahaha.

Elections where after Lagos? Why do you guys lie shamelessly this way, dont you have shame? You run away from your own land and still have the gut to spew trash, its a big shame. We don't have time to do di.ck measuring with you guys, we can feel your pain and anger since you cant make it without coming to the same SW, You should be more worried about erosion taking over your land instead of crying online, in 2 years time your whole region will be taken over by Erosion. lmaoooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by IGBOPRINCE: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
mercyville:
lubbish indeed...lol grin
stop occupying space nxt time .. Bye am done with you grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Hahahaha! Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but your FUTO boys still never 'roll out' that 'first Model car' since they announced it in 2013, whereas a Unilag student, omo Yoruba, don already design and built a working version of an electric car. cheesy You people just go up and down bragging about your achievements when others have already moved past what you are celebrating. There we go again, setting the pace. Smh. cheesy

cheesy

http://thenationonlineng.net/unilag-students-design-electric-car/

CC: SUBWAY101

Bro, they all lie for a living. I know there ways very well, they just make empty noise. I still dont know why they are pained over this thread, we don't care about there dead region since we know they cant make it without running away from there, who want to go do business in a region where its owners run away from there daily. lmaooooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42827657:

Frank Ojukwu, Why are you always pained and crying on any SW thread? You will just kill yourself over nothing, dont you have shame?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
post=42838130:

grin grin

Frank Ojukwu, Why do you want to kill yourself over SW matter, we ignore your shitty threads cos we know your region is dead but hatred and jealousy always make you have sleepless night over SW. I can always destroy your rubbish Anambra thread but its a waste of time since your fellow Abia Ibos or those from Imo will always do the needful. buhahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
[s]
IGBOPRINCE:
We run an indigenous companies and industries, an india man or lebanese can't take us as a slave.

We can only accept an american cos indian and chinese re something else.
Anyway we don't care about them. We run our industries and managed it well.

Look out this product; tommy tommy indomie that s own by an igbo man from the east,he has his manufacturing industry in anambra state. today Tommy tommy indomie is a threat to dangote indomie. People from lagos,akwa ibom and benue do requests or demands much for tommy tommy indomie cos sometime it s always scarce here in lagos state cos the demands for such products is high.

If not for ibeto cement industry that s a threat to dangote cement factory,
dangote will never ever think of reducing cement price for a common man to build his house but thank God for competition cheesy
[/s]

You are truly deluded. Why are you crying on this thread, cos you have been on this thread from page 2, it shows you are pained and crying inside you. Whats really your problem? Dont die abeg, buhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by FKO81(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Frank Ojukwu, Why do you want to kill yourself over SW matter, we ignore your shitty threads cos we know your region is dead but hatred and jealousy always make you have sleepless night over SW. I can always destroy your rubbish Anambra thread but its a waste of time since your fellow Abia Ibos or those from Imo will always do the needful. buhahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[b]Ulli Beier: There was a short time in Nigerian history — between Independence and the first military coup — in which we lived through a period of great optimism. Financially the people of Nigeria were relatively well off, and they assumed that with independence, things were going to improve steadily. In the West, people believed in the benefits of universal free primary education. They were proud of being the “First in Africa” to have set up a television station. The University of Ibadan was functioning and had a good reputation. Night life was boisterous; people could afford to go out, drink beer and listen to really good bands. Even in Osogbo, which then had 120,000 inhabitants, one could hear three or four bands at weekends. The Yoruba Travelling Theatre was booming. A decade after independence, Biodun Jeyifo counted about a hundred Yoruba theatre companies —all managing to survive somehow off their performances. People actually preferred the theatre to the movies. But then, those were the days of Ogunde, Ogunmola, Duro Ladipo and the Orisun players. Where in the world could you find a comparable constellation?
Wole Soyinka: There was ferment!

Ulli Beier: There was no official planning; little government interference. It was a natural growth. If you now think back to this period, how do you view it with hindsight? Why does it appear to us now as a “golden age” rather than a mere beginning? (From Ulli Beier in conversation.)
Hmmm. Really. Why would a period that was supposed to be our beginning appear to us as actually the golden age? If the take-off of an aeroplane is the only memorable moment of the flight, then that journey is not just a farce, it is a tragedy. When a people have nowhere else to turn to with pride but the past, then they do not need to be reminded that generations after that “golden era” have all failed. And I am not talking about Nigeria now. I am talking about the old Western Nigeria from Ikeja through Benin to Sapele. Nothing can be more devastating for a pupil whose reputation of being the constant first in class is shredded by a distant competitor.

Ex-governor Peter Obi of Anambra State got me thinking. Two weeks ago, he was giving an account of his eight years stewardship and he announced some figures: N75 billion as credit balance in the state’s accounts and no debt over-hang. That figure, he said, included balance in savings and in investment. Then the big one: Anambra State under him invested in bonds issued by other state governments. Since he made that statement, I have not heard anyone say he lied. It was a combination of these that actually got me thinking —Anambra State that was not paying salaries post 1999, pre-2003; Anambra State of war and lawlessness in Chris Ngige era; the same Anambra that was home of violence and inexplicable crimes. Obi said the state he was leaving behind was not owing anybody a dime; rather, the state invested in bonds issued by other states! Then, I remembered that out of the six states in the South-West, only one has not gone to the Capital Market to take money through bond issuance. What has that told me? It means that my South-West is indebted to South East’s Anambra State — and that is serious. I know some partisan fellows will say ‘and so what?’ They can say so because for such fellows, the only reference they make to the past is using it to cover up the eczema of today. None of the founding fathers of Western Nigeria would ever imagine that a day would come when Yorubaland would owe Iboland.

Some international financial experts have warned that the current craze for bonds by African countries, including PDP’s Nigeria, will soon lead to what they call “Eurobond curse” just as the continent is wracked by “resource curse.” Some queer commentators would say the warning was directed at national governments. At the state level, the alarm bell should really sound louder. A recent report quoted Joseph Stightz, a Nobel prize-winning economist, as warning that “the financial sector loves to find people to prey on and their most recent prey are governments in developing countries.” The same is happening at the domestic level. Cash-strapped state governments should know that there are no friendly financial institutions. They are in business to make money and it does not matter how.

I do not know what economics is behind the current craze for bonds. Some are even saying bonds are no loans. What are they? Gifts? Won’t they pay back? And at what interest rate? They would even pay costs of the transaction — they call it ‘issue costs?’ Are there consultants packaging these bonds? If there are, who are they? What are their fees?

Yorubaland currently suffers unprecedented, unfortunate and insulting, venal shut-out in the affairs of the PDP Federal Government. The alternative regimes in the states ought to give reasons for hope, not debt over-hang. Nothing should be done by anyone to bond the race to a future of criminal servitude. Governments have to provide amenities, yes. But have we forgotten what our ancestors said about he that eats benefits derivable from a child even before that child is born? Exactly what Niyi Osundare described as “eating tomorrow’s yam today ”! [/b]
http://www.tribune.com.ng/columns/inside/monday-lines/item/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by SUBWAY101(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
[s]
FKO81:

Ulli Beier: There was a short time in Nigerian history — between Independence and the first military coup — in which we lived through a period of great optimism. Financially the people of Nigeria were relatively well off, and they assumed that with independence, things were going to improve steadily. In the West, people believed in the benefits of universal free primary education. They were proud of being the “First in Africa” to have set up a television station. The University of Ibadan was functioning and had a good reputation. Night life was boisterous; people could afford to go out, drink beer and listen to really good bands. Even in Osogbo, which then had 120,000 inhabitants, one could hear three or four bands at weekends. The Yoruba Travelling Theatre was booming. A decade after independence, Biodun Jeyifo counted about a hundred Yoruba theatre companies —all managing to survive somehow off their performances. People actually preferred the theatre to the movies. But then, those were the days of Ogunde, Ogunmola, Duro Ladipo and the Orisun players. Where in the world could you find a comparable constellation?
Wole Soyinka: There was ferment!

Ulli Beier: There was no official planning; little government interference. It was a natural growth. If you now think back to this period, how do you view it with hindsight? Why does it appear to us now as a “golden age” rather than a mere beginning? (From Ulli Beier in conversation.)
Hmmm. Really. Why would a period that was supposed to be our beginning appear to us as actually the golden age? If the take-off of an aeroplane is the only memorable moment of the flight, then that journey is not just a farce, it is a tragedy. When a people have nowhere else to turn to with pride but the past, then they do not need to be reminded that generations after that “golden era” have all failed. And I am not talking about Nigeria now. I am talking about the old Western Nigeria from Ikeja through Benin to Sapele. Nothing can be more devastating for a pupil whose reputation of being the constant first in class is shredded by a distant competitor.

Ex-governor Peter Obi of Anambra State got me thinking. Two weeks ago, he was giving an account of his eight years stewardship and he announced some figures: N75 billion as credit balance in the state’s accounts and no debt over-hang. That figure, he said, included balance in savings and in investment. Then the big one: Anambra State under him invested in bonds issued by other state governments. Since he made that statement, I have not heard anyone say he lied. It was a combination of these that actually got me thinking —Anambra State that was not paying salaries post 1999, pre-2003; Anambra State of war and lawlessness in Chris Ngige era; the same Anambra that was home of violence and inexplicable crimes. Obi said the state he was leaving behind was not owing anybody a dime; rather, the state invested in bonds issued by other states! Then, I remembered that out of the six states in the South-West, only one has not gone to the Capital Market to take money through bond issuance. What has that told me? It means that my South-West is indebted to South East’s Anambra State — and that is serious. I know some partisan fellows will say ‘and so what?’ They can say so because for such fellows, the only reference they make to the past is using it to cover up the eczema of today. None of the founding fathers of Western Nigeria would ever imagine that a day would come when Yorubaland would owe Iboland.

Some international financial experts have warned that the current craze for bonds by African countries, including PDP’s Nigeria, will soon lead to what they call “Eurobond curse” just as the continent is wracked by “resource curse.” Some queer commentators would say the warning was directed at national governments. At the state level, the alarm bell should really sound louder. A recent report quoted Joseph Stightz, a Nobel prize-winning economist, as warning that “the financial sector loves to find people to prey on and their most recent prey are governments in developing countries.” The same is happening at the domestic level. Cash-strapped state governments should know that there are no friendly financial institutions. They are in business to make money and it does not matter how.

I do not know what economics is behind the current craze for bonds. Some are even saying bonds are no loans. What are they? Gifts? Won’t they pay back? And at what interest rate? They would even pay costs of the transaction — they call it ‘issue costs?’ Are there consultants packaging these bonds? If there are, who are they? What are their fees?

Yorubaland currently suffers unprecedented, unfortunate and insulting, venal shut-out in the affairs of the PDP Federal Government. The alternative regimes in the states ought to give reasons for hope, not debt over-hang. Nothing should be done by anyone to bond the race to a future of criminal servitude. Governments have to provide amenities, yes. But have we forgotten what our ancestors said about he that eats benefits derivable from a child even before that child is born? Exactly what Niyi Osundare described as “eating tomorrow’s yam today ”!
http://www.tribune.com.ng/columns/inside/monday-lines/item/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future
[/s]

Frank Ojukwu, I know you are pained and sad. I will surely donate a coffin if you kill yourself over this thread, we don't care about your dead region since you all run away from there. You are even posting this thrash from SW but you have no shame. We will continue to progress, while erosion continue to take over your land. Buhahahahaha
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by FKO81(m): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

Frank Ojukwu, I know you are pained and sad. I will surely donate a coffin if you kill yourself over this thread, we don't care about your dead region since you all run away from there. You ate tt even posting this thrash from SW but you have no shame. We will continue to progress, while erosion continue to take over your land. Buhahahahaha

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Biden Appoints Enoh Titilayo Ebong As Acting Director USTDA / The Great Oba Of Benin Is Dead / Atiku Watching Nigeria Vs South Africa AWCON Final Match - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.