Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers (13532 Views)

Senate Throws Out Bill To End Gender Discrimination / Enugu Lawmakers Reject Bill To End Gender Discrimination, Say Its Unafrican / Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican-male Lawmakers Of Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Holyman3:

Of course your useless insecurity would make you to abuse and curse.
We know the part of Nigeria that kidnap and hold their women hostage for two years and counting.
We know the part of Nigeria that marry 5 wives and keep them hidden in others states.
Finally we know the part of Nigeria that covers the faces of their women like masquerades.

If you want to be like America , you can start with same sex marriage.
Then we will talk about rights..

Nature has created men different from women.
Even in your so called equal rights America, how many women has been president since 300 years of independence?

I guess you bigot is targeting one nairaland girl. So it's easy to take sides on non issues.

You can hide behind Igbo name and to rubbish.

If you are ashamed to use a name from your tribe, who am i not to be ashamed of your tribe too.

My real Name is actually NWACHUKWU!

Can you beat that .. grin

#NoJokes. grin

Ask Nairalander who have met me. grin

Sometime when you small IPOB boys scouts start beating your chests and claiming to be more Igbo than everyone who does not support your foolishness, I just laugh cos you puppies actually know no better than the gossip you and your fellow otimkpus make in your local beer palours.

When the war you iidiots are clamouring for breaks out, we would be chilling somewhere far away from the Gunfire and bombs and then come back afterwards to rule over whats left of your battered body (assuming you survive the war).

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by mrMeen(m): 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
men and women were never equal. Even in the america where you got that hypocrate idea,that women are as equal to men their is no that equallity.... Men will forever be the lead.
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by jacoik(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
chynie:

I support gender equality
We go dey sleep and bath same place
lolhahaha chisos!!! seun pls ban dis man abeg, he wan kwuruption ppl lyk us in dis house
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eneze1:

For once stop thinking from you asssss and stop reasoning like a tribal bigot

Because, I did not think like a silly kick a*s
fool....

I know a Bigot, with capital B.. .would you now stay off my mention and sort after ur mates..

Hope you can sleep well now.. .
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Ovamboland(m): 5:37am On Feb 11, 2016
The law makers opposing the bil are very dull by using the un-African argument. I wonder how many of the objects they can see within their chamber is of African origin. The system of government they practice is not even African for crying out loud.

That been said the bill is not necessary as the Constitution prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and any other Federal, state or customary laws are inferior to that provision. Any female citizen who feels unequally treated can seek to enforce her rights to non-discrimination. The bill even if passed will be difficult to enforce without attitude change.

All those using the we are not America argument base it on the wrong premise that the women had all the rights they have today from the beginning of the USA. Truth is the women did not have the voting rights until as about 1920. The society evolved to a stage te majority as agreed such discrimination is not acceptable in a modern state, similarly slavery, then racial segregation, religion etc.
The fact is in as much as we like to deceive ourselves our collective mentality is not yet evolved to te level of a modern society.

But give those lawmakers and many of the supporters here American residency as nd see how many will reject it on the basis of gender equality allowed there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by ceecee0703(m): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2016
Fanirandele:

Bills about gender discrimination are not about marriage but the larger society. Its about someone not getting discriminated against for a job because of their sex, its about landlords not discriminating against female tenants and such. Clearly your thinking is the same as those women and that is why they were against it. They know once their wives have more rights n the society they can no longer treat them like sub-humans at home

It is not about marriage Yes but our people in Africa will make it exclusively a marriage thing. Africans are poor borrowers....they borrow a thing leaving off the substance. we need to have something in dat regard that is home grown and is practicable and workable on our terrain.

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Pidggin(f): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2016
Fanirandele:

Bills about gender discrimination are not about marriage but the larger society. Its about someone not getting discriminated against for a job because of their sex, its about landlords not discriminating against female tenants and such. Clearly your thinking is the same as those women and that is why they were against it. They know once their wives have more rights n the society they can no longer treat them like sub-humans at home

Words on mabel

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
lastpage:

It is a fallacy, to say "Men and Women are already not EQUAL" in Nigeria of TODAY!

*Women have risen to the highest level they can attain in Nigeria, without this Bill.
*We have Women like Dora Akinyilu (RIP), Okonjo Iweala, Dezziani Allison Madueke, e.t.c who have attained highest public office they can attain.
*No one stopped them. There are uncountable "Women C.E.O's of Big organizations, no one said they cant be , because they are women?
*Nobody in present day Nigeria says a Girl child cant go to school.
*No employer discriminates against a female employer or nowhere in the Nigerian constitution is it written that Women cant be Pilots, Military officers, e.t.c
*No one has prevented any woman in Nigeria from starting her own Business simply because she is a woman!
*In this current Govt, there are many "women Ministers" who we are proud of.

So, all these noise about WOMEN EQUALITY is just a "hidden agenda" for other nefarious intentions.

WOMEN are EQUAL.... and will ALWAYS BE EQUAL TO MEN in Nigeria.

But what we wont accept is women, surreptitiously using EQUALITY as a TOOL to debase men, usurp "men's freedom and right" and generally turn them into "cowardly weaklings" so as to make them shiver at the sight of women, as we see in western countries where a woman can slap a man right in the face, for no reason and he can do nothing!

Yesterday on Nairaland, a Husband lost FOUR TEETH.... just protecting his wife!

Read it here: https://www.nairaland.com/2923306/man-loses-teeth-fight-neighbour

What else should a man do, to show respect for women, or is it until Women turn men to foot mart?

Some women are just EVIL and want to drive a wedge between the genders.
We can both cohabit in a mutually beneficial manner and not engage in a war of sexes, as is the case Abroad/Western countries.
If there are specific cases, like "spousal abuse", there are laws to deal with these and those laws can even be strengthened, if need be.

I love women, l respect women, l appreciate women and see them a s MY EQUAL HUMANS (though our Genders are different, we are different,not the same but complementary) but l also think Nigerian women should know better than to follow the "Western route" of emasculating their Men. It creates BIGGER problems, down the Road

My Take!

Lastpage!
Been feeling too lazy to read this but you make excellent points.
What I meant by my short comment was Africans living in strictly patriarchal systems are close-minded to changing the status quo. Don't forget laws were written by men with very little consideration to what women wanted.

Your comment is correct in every way. I find no fault in it, it even lead to me explaining my own comment further which is beneficial to this thread's discussion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son / Why Lagos May Become The Biggest Igbo City In 2030 / Falana: Service Chiefs Nominated But Not Appointed Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.