Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra (5075 Views)

Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2009
You have houses and properties in Abuja (70% of that city is said to be Igbo-owned) according to ElRufai (2007).
You have billions of houses and investments in Lagos, PH, Calabar and northern and southern states

What happens to these investments when you are no longer Nigerians? Are you going to uproot the buildings and move them to Enugu? Do you have the right to own property in a country where you are not citizens or (legal) permanent residents?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2009
The most stpuid, ignorant and myopic question of the century. How dumb you are, asking this idiotic question. Does Ijaws not have houses and properties in London, USA, all over Europe, Africa, Australia, Japan, Korea and the rest of Asian countries where they managed to build or buy one? Now, going by your idiotic and mumunized analog, do your Ijaw people have the right to own properties in all those places that i listed where they are not citizens or (legal) permanent residents? Who told you that anyone can not own houses and properties in any country that such person is not a citizen or (legal) permanant resident? Who told you that? Are laws going to change when it comes to Igbo people? How dumb all you slowpoke nigerians gets by sticking out "yardstick" when ever it's anything Igbo? How dumb, you idiots.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2009
You cannot own a property in a land you are not a legal resident (by which I mean a citizen or permanent residence). Take that to the bank; it is a blank cheque. You are an ignoramus and if people like you are the ones championing Biafra, then I pity the course. Igbos will lose big time.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2009
Ijawman:

You have houses and properties in Abuja (70% of that city is said to be Igbo-owned) according to ElRufai (2007).
You have billions of houses and investments in Lagos, PH, Calabar and northern and southern states

What happens to these investments when you are no longer Nigerians? Are you going to uproot the buildings and move them to Enugu? Do you have the right to own property in a country where you are not citizens or (legal) permanent residents?

lol
@Poster, those are good questions to ask but I think majority of the ibos who subscribe to the Biafran dream are less willing to consider the consequences of their getting a biafra at this point, as they are seem more focused on the getting itself.

Definitely, they stand to loose a lot if they do not think these things through.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2009
Do you think northerners will grant you the necessary permit that will enable you live legally in their country with a view to continue owning your properties?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

lol
@Poster, those are good questions to ask but I think majority of the ibos who subscribe to the Biafran dream are less willing to consider the consequences of their getting a biafra at this point, as they are seem more focused on the getting itself.
Definitely, they stand to loose a lot if they do not think these things through.

Thank you my bro. Here am I trying to help them minimize their loss (anticipated) by giving them an opportunity to think through the matter, and someone by the name Bialegend is proving to be an unrepentant ignoramus.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

lol

i wonder o. lol
biafra this biafra that but majority of the successful ones created their success outside of their igbo land.
there was even some topic a while ago about igbo people trying to build a heritage or history building of some sort in abuja. why can't they do this on their land. abuja or lagos ain't gonna be part of biafra. lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2009
This is bound to result in discord among the ibos because those who right now have their wealth in other parts of the country will likely not want Biafra to happen without them getting some sort of compensation for their losses.

And I doubt the nigerian government would want to get involved in finding a way to compensate the biafrans. And those who families lost a lot in the last war would definitely fight hard to make sure they do not loose anything this time around, only they will need to fight their Biafran heros and not Nigeria.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2009
i mean if u wanna fight to get biafra, u can't eat ur cake n have it. u have to be ready to face some loses.
they def cannot and should not be conpensated. u were not forced to build ur house, business in a "foreign land"
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2009
Ijawman:

You cannot own a property in a land you are not a legal resident (by which I mean a citizen or permanent residence). Take that to the bank; it is a blank cheque. You are an ignoramus and if people like you are the ones championing Biafra, then I pity the course. Igbos will lose big time.
Only a dunce like you empty head nigerians can spew this kind of rubbish and still get support from your ilk. Did you ever see the four walls of a class room in your entire life to come out and spew this rubbish with total authority?
Your idiocy knows no bound. Are you not ashamed of coming out in public forum to write something stupid as this? So, for anyone to own a property in London and Newyork, such person must have to be a legal resident or citizen of UK or USA? How dumb you nigerians are. Imagine the kind of empty heads we Igbos are sharing same country with.

Keep dreaming and planning on how to share your loots of Igbos properties after Biafra have become a country. Your dreams will get to know where. In the event of the emergence of Biafra as a nation of it's own, all Igbos properties all over the world including nigeria will remain Igbo peoples's property and it is the law that says that. Have you ever pursed and ask yourself why stronger countries like the US and UK manages to get weaker countries to tow the line of law as it is supposed to be? That is the same hand that Biafra is going to use on any of you idiot countries that tries anything funny regarding Igbo people's properties in your countries after the final demise of your epileptic nigeria.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2009
not really. once biafra is created, u are no longer nigerian citizen so u have no right to stay in naija anyways. u don't have any claim or access to those properties. lol

why do u wanna eat ur cake n have it?? lol u're giving ibos a bad name u kno
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 11:43pm On Jul 04, 2009
Bialegend where do you live? I live in the US and I have lived in Europe for several years. I know that you cannot own a property unless you are a permanent residence (or citizen) of many countries. May be its different in in Nigeria but when Fasola brings in his buldozer to remove all properties as he deem fit, you will have to sue him at the world court. Abi? You guys better take time to think through bfore rushing into this again. I am for liberation of oppressed peoples but you have to sit and ponder over stuff.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2009
Many Nigerians who were deported by their former host countries (US, UK, Germany etc) came back with nothing, inspite of all they had. Nigeria (especially the wicked hausas) will definitely take such opportunity on the Igbos in a place like Abuja. It is their land and they can interprete their laws as they like. No world court can do anything about that.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2009
oyinda.:

not really. once biafra is created, u are no longer nigerian citizen so u have no right to stay in naija anyways. u don't have any claim or access to those properties. lol

why do u wanna eat ur cake n have it?? lol u're giving ibos a bad name u kno
You are a dirty idiot. So all those Igbos from Cotonue to Accra and beyond that have cornered and dominate businesses in those areas does not have any right to own properties in those countries because they are not citizens in those countries? What about your nigerian governors buying houses in UK and all over the world, are they all also legal residents and citizens of UK and other countries where they bought properties with stolen money? What of those in real estate business that searches for hot places all over the world to buy properties for reselling?
Someone few days ago opened a thread about high rising cost of properties in Angola and suggested people interested should invest in real estate properties in Angola. Now, must interested investors also become legal residents or citizens of Angola before investing in real estate business in Angola? Orobo durty, you all nigerians are dunce and does not merit to be in same countries with Igbos.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2009
@@@@

it a lie, all the properties owned by the igbos are still legally owned by them if ever haa biafara will see the day of light

so people commot that side

the same goes to the hausa and yorubas that owned stuff in biafara

so make una commot that side self and cuz na human right and international still reach that side

try not to mistaken isrealites encroachin on palestine land

make una no even think goin that side
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2009
igbo properties are there for life

so what u are sayin apply to igbo money in the banks

now sing after me

dream dream dreammmmmmmmmmmmm dream

we used to dream dream dream
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2009
do u know that some house in enugu are owned by mallam

we are quite happy with that
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2009
just make sure to sell off ur houses b4 u move out.
i don't think biafra and naija will be friendly neighbors once divided. don't think u can come back to sleep or sell motor parts.

ikeyman00:

do u know that some house in enugu are owned by mallam

we are quite happy with that

u don't seem happy. who u kiddin
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 12:07am On Jul 05, 2009
hmm dnt get that at all oo ^^^
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2009
I've never heard of a igbo person that seemed happy with a hausa. Never!! sad
why the beef?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by NegroNtns(m): 12:13am On Jul 05, 2009
I don't think anything is wrong in indigenous people seeking to establish and have a homogeneous culture. Looking at the horizon, Nigeria is just going through the motions of nationhood. . . we are not living the spirit or the philosophy of a sovereignty.  So definitely I support the Igbos in their quest to break out and form Biafra.  My only issue with that is with people who are stuck in the war syndrome and believe that it s only through a confrontational battle that the dreams of Biafra can be accomplished.  To those people I advocate caution.  

Biafrans have the spirit and the valor and they must cut their losses and establish a new nation. . . one that works for them.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 12:15am On Jul 05, 2009
Ijawman:

Bialegend where do you live? I live in the US and I have lived in Europe for several years. I know that you cannot own a property unless you are a permanent residence (or citizen) of many countries. May be its different in in Nigeria but when Fasola brings in his buldozer to remove all properties as he deem fit, you will have to sue him at the world court. Abi? You guys better take time to think through bfore rushing into this again. I am for liberation of oppressed peoples but you have to sit and ponder over stuff.
Stop yarning rubbish liken a typical nigerian that you are. Anyone can buy a property in the UK, you do not need to be a British Citizen or permenant resident to do that. One of the most common methods of buying property overseas is online. In recent years, this has continued to grow in popularity and within the ex-pat community.

I read the crap of what you wrote about fasola and demolishing of houses and it's dawn on me that you know absolutely jack about what you are talking. Do you know what is called international diplomacy and negotiations between governments? In such cases, countries that have the interest of their citizens at heart, US and Uk readily comes to mind. In cases as such this is where you see countries using pressure through what they have as a larger than life country to get the weaker countries to tow their own line.

Do you think a UK or US citizen can legally buy property in nigeria and lose the property for what ever reason? Have you ever seen a US citizen in nigerian jail even when he commits a jailable offence in nigeria? Do you know why they are sent home immediately to their country to serve their jail term in their country where as their offence was commited in nigeria? Do you know why rules to them are applied differently even in your own backyard? You ignorant nigerians should wake up and smell the coffee. Biafran government will have avenues to hold your weak governments in Abuja and Lagos to the blocos and get you to do our bidding, so you lazy ones should stop dreaming of turning Igbo people's properties into abandoned property after the emergence of Biafra.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 12:17am On Jul 05, 2009
oy
I've never heard of a igbo person that seemed happy with a hausa. Never!!
why the beef?

so what does this have to do with hausa ownin a house in enugu
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2009
if ur soo pro-biafra, why did u decide to build ur house in abuja? why not in biafra? or even cameroon? my bet is that u will prefer haiti to naija.

ikeyman00:

oy
so what does this have to do with hausa ownin a house in enugu

u said u were happy with it. u're the first ibo have heard that's happy for a hausa man lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by IGWEUSA(m): 12:28am On Jul 05, 2009
@ poster

This is one of most silly questions I have see on Nairaland. Ijawman, So you are insinuating that all these naija politicians that bought properties

in America and other western countries are citizens/permanents residents of those countries. Mind you that some of these politicians have not

even travelled out of naija before they were elected into their different post.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 12:30am On Jul 05, 2009
oynlo

yes u are right;we are happy with that
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by generalzango(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2009
biafra my foot,u guyz better stop dreaming.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

oynlo

yes u are right;we are happy with that

so why do u want a biafra?  
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 12:40am On Jul 05, 2009
generalzango:

biafra my foot,u guyz better stop dreaming.
Ahmed musa, how many Igbos did you and your illiterate, gworo chewing, alhmajiri brothers and sisters killed today in kano?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 12:45am On Jul 05, 2009
lol
even as a young child the igbo student never liked the hausa kid. the hate has been imbued right from birth
(speaking from experience here)
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by No2Atheism(m): 12:51am On Jul 05, 2009
I have restrained not to join this biafra war issue.

I have been in the East and have experienced their culture (in Ohafia of Abia State) hence i know about Abiriba, Isialangwa, Bende, Aba etc)

My observation is that the East is not that developed compared to the West and the North, yet for some reason they are hell bent on Biafra.

My observation is also that Ibos are generally an independent minded people meaning that they do not even agree with each other talkless of outsiders.

Ibos don't seem to realise that:

- Biafra would actually be landlocked.

- Areas of Igbos is actually quite a very small area of nigeria, hence how they came to prominence in the east is actually a little startling, considering even the non - ibo part of the niger delta and east is quite even much bigger than the ibo pat. Hence they would still have the same problem of majority minority assuming other unrelated people decide to go along with them.

- Some ibos seem to only be interested in money and oil, considering that they keep adding Niger Delta to their so called Biafra even though its quite obvious that most people in the Niger Delta don't really want to have anything to do with Biafra.

Are Ibos going to force groups like
- Ijaws
- Edos
- Calabaris
- Efiks
- Itsekiris

to join them by force cus of oil and gas or wat, cus either way i look at this Biafra issue, it seems Ibos are always going to lose (cus of little or no Oil except small amount in Abia and cus of the fact that they would be land locked as a nation, hence have to be dependent on the benevolence of either nigeria or cameroun in the use of the air space for transportation or transportation of goods).

My advise is that Igbos should think this thing through very very well before taking this kind of plunge, cus the truth is that once nigeria is divided they then non of the other parts have a reason not to nationalise all ibo properties and businesses in their region and non of the other parts have no reason not to deny igbos access to land and sea.

My advise is that Nigeria should go back to the regional kind of goverment such that:

Nigeria is divided into different regions based solely on ethnic groups, hence all the nonsense of states containing different ethnic groups would be removed and each ethnic group would control its own resources and develop only at is own pace, have its own military and have its own police.

The only thing that would be done is that 10% total tax from all the regions put together (when added up from all the regions together) would be paid to a 3-president head central body, just to keep the name nigeria floating until all the regions now finally decide to part ways.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Jul 05, 2009
According of one of the biafrans, the IJAWS are no longer to be considered a part of the IBO group that will make up Biafra. I am guessing the Edos, Itshekiris and most probably the Calabaris will not make the list as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

June 12 And The Many Reasons Of Ibb - How Many More And Who Is Counting? / MKO's Brain, Heart, Other Internal Organs Removed - Brother(s) / How To Transfer Your Voters Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.