Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra (5086 Views)

Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 1:09am On Jul 05, 2009
i don't think the edos want to join them. why can't they carry themselves and go. why r they seeking other ethnic groups to join them
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 1:11am On Jul 05, 2009
No2Atheism:

I have restrained not to join this biafra war issue.

I have been in the East and have experienced their culture (in Uhafia of Abia State) hence i know about Abiriba, Isialangua, Bende etc)

My observation is that the East is not that developed compared to the West and the North, yet for some reason they are hell bent on Biafra.

My observation is also that Ibos are generally an independent minded people meaning that they do not even agree with each other talkless of outsiders.

Ibos don't seem to realise that:

- Biafra would actually be landlocked.

- Areas of Igbos is actually quite a very small area of nigeria, hence how they came to prominence in the east is actually a little startling, considering even the non - ibo part of the niger delta and east is quite even much bigger than the ibo pat. Hence they would still have the same problem of majority minority assuming other unrelated people decide to go along with them.

- Some ibos seem to only be interested in money and oil, considering that they keep adding Niger Delta to their so called Biafra even though its quite obvious that most people in the Niger Delta don't really want to have anything to do with Biafra.

- Are Ibos going to force groups like
- Ijaws
- Edos
- Calabaris
- Efiks
- Itsekiris

to join them by force cus of oil and gas or wat, cus either way i look at this Biafra issue, it seems Ibos are always going to lose (cus of little or no Oil except small amount in Abia and cus of the fact that they would be land locked as a nation, hence have to be dependent on the benevolence of either nigeria or cameroun in the use of the air space for transportation or transportation of goods).

My advise is that Igbos should think this thing through very very well before taking this kind of plunge, cus the truth is that once nigeria is divided they then non of the other parts have a reason not to nationalise all ibo properties and businesses in their region and non of the other parts have no reason not to deny igbos access to land and sea.

My advise is that Nigeria should go back to the regional kind of goverment such that:

Nigeria is divided to different regions based solely on ethnic groups, hence all the nonsense of states containing different ethiic groups would be removed and each ethnic group would control its own resources and develop only at is own pace, have its own military and police.

The only thing that would be done is that 10 tax would be paid to a 3 president head central body, just to keep the name nigeria floating until all the regions now finally decide to part ways.

interesting
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Okpuzu: 1:22am On Jul 05, 2009
I have tried to follow the trend of discussion here and found in most instances that it is shallow. To start with, there will be no Oduduwa Republic, no Arewa Republic, no Biafra, no NigerDelta or Ijaw Kingdom, etc.

Nigeria will always be one. If for any reason any of the regions is to go its way, it must be peaceful and I can assure u guys there will not be abandoned properties. Even the last one has not been fully resolved and most Nigerians are wiser now, from plateau to Benue to NigerDelta to Southwest to Odi, etc.

Injustice begets injustice.

The Ibos are going now where. The Biafran chant is just a way of showing displeasure just like we have the NigerDelta/Ijaw militants, etc. I dont know which I prefer. Lets have proper debates not abuses and half baked ideas and tantrums.

There is a whole lot of inter cultural relationships going on. Nigeria will not spoil. We all will enjoy it!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 1:37am On Jul 05, 2009
Okpuzu:

I have tried to follow the trend of discussion here and found in most instances that it is shallow. To start with, there will be no Oduduwa Republic, no Arewa Republic, no Biafra, no NigerDelta or Ijaw Kingdom, etc.

Nigeria will always be one. If for any reason any of the regions is to go its way, it must be peaceful and I can assure u guys there will not be abandoned properties. Even the last one has not been fully resolved and most Nigerians are wiser now, from plateau to Benue to NigerDelta to Southwest to Odi, etc.

Injustice begets injustice.

The Ibos are going now where. The Biafran chant is just a way of showing displeasure just like we have the NigerDelta/Ijaw militants, etc. I dont know which I prefer. Lets have proper debates not abuses and half baked ideas and tantrums.

There is a whole lot of inter cultural relationships going on. Nigeria will not spoil. We all will enjoy it!

grin grin amen o
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Strength10: 2:21am On Jul 05, 2009
IGBOLAND is not landlocked. Go read your history and goegraphy. What we have now are imposed borders. You also forgot we have a river called river Niger which passes through/along the borders of Igboland(assuming that is the casE). Believe it or not, If Biafra is created, ALL southern states, some western and midwestern states will join them in a heart beat because they all know that the success of igbo people, the vision, hard work, international connections, business and technological mindset and 21st century thinking will turn Biafra into a westernized society in less a generation. People in Nigeria are not fools. Those tribes will not broadcast their love for Biafra now because they fear retribution, and retaliation from others. But as soon as they see the dream coming true true or is at hand, you will be suprised how fast they will deny the name Nigeria and divorce with the Muslim North.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:25am On Jul 05, 2009
Strength10:

IGBOLAND is not landlocked. Go read your history and goegraphy. What we have now are imposed borders. You also forgot we have a river called river Niger which passes through/along the borders of Igboland(assuming that is the casE). Believe it or not, [size=13pt]If Biafra is created, ALL southern states, some western and midwestern states will join them in a heart beat because they all know that the success of igbo people, the vision, hard work, international connections, business and technological mindset and 21st century thinking will turn Biafra into a westernized society in less a generation.[/size] People in Nigeria are not fools. Those tribes will not broadcast their love for Biafra now because they fear retribution, and retaliation from others. But as soon as they see the dream coming true true or is at hand, you will be suprised how fast they will deny the name Nigeria and divorce with the Muslim North.

Roflmao!!!!   grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Some one has been fed some serious Ota pia pia for real!!!   cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 2:51am On Jul 05, 2009
lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by IGWEUSA(m): 3:43am On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!!!   grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Some one has been fed some serious Ota pia pia for real!!!   cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I guess  you are the one that ate Ota pia pia. Why do you guys find it so difficulut to leave the igbos alone? The question whether

they will regret their sucession from a doomed country like Nigeria shouldnt be your cup of tea.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Jul 05, 2009
IGWE_USA:

I guess you are the one that ate Ota pia pia. Why do you guys find it so difficulut to leave the igbos alone? The question whether

they will regret their sucession from a doomed country like Nigeria shouldnt be your cup of tea.

Are you OK? Where in any of my posts have I claimed it is difficult for me to leave you to your way? I don't care if you chose to move your own family to hell. That is your business and your life.
I am more concerned about the problem you intend to leave behind for innocent Nigerians who are yet again trying to live and make the best of their life in the country, should you push for more commotion in that country in your bid to escape to your Shangri-la a second time around.

Have you not learned from the first attempt that this is more than just you and those who think as you do? We are over 40 years into this and you want to bring this upon your children again? I don't think you are worth the Walhalla to the innocents who might be forced to spend years dealing with the consequences of your action. Millions of my generations have been dealing with the consequences of the Biafra-n war to date, but for a second time around, you intend for us to have to go through the same for you?

Am I not allowed to object? Oh Wait, I don't have a say because I am not FOR Biafra and so I must not matter. lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by xanadu: 4:02am On Jul 05, 2009
You have houses and properties in Abuja (70% of that city is said to be Igbo-owned) according to ElRufai (2007).
You have billions of houses and investments in Lagos, PH, Calabar and northern and southern states

What happens to these investments when you are no longer Nigerians? Are you going to uproot the buildings and move them to Enugu? Do you have the right to own property in a country where you are not citizens or (legal) permanent residents?

Not sure why some have taken issues with the original poster on his questions.
But methinks that anyone who seriously considers a break-away as the Biafra promoters do, should see those questions as very valid ones.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by IGWEUSA(m): 4:22am On Jul 05, 2009
Am I not allowed to object? Oh Wait, I don't have a say because I am not FOR Biafra and so I must not matter. lol

[quote][/quote]

Definitely you dont have to object. The Igbo masses should have the final say, not outsiders like you.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ijawman(m): 4:23am On Jul 05, 2009
Bialegend. You are a fool. All those Nigerians who own houses abroad are either citizens or perm residents, or their family members are, who helped to secure the property in proxy. People like Atiku, Orji Kalu and others who own houses in the US are perm residents. Moreover many countries, for e.g., US support dual nationality so you can buy your house in Florida while you live in Nigeria. I put it to you that the rump of Nigeria (when Biafra  is gone) will frustrate the Biafrans remaining in Nigeria so much that they will run away and leave the property. You  may not be given visas that will permit you to return to claim properties. Moreover the Nigerian govt can claim they need the land (and they will target only Igbo-owned land) for development. Are you, a Biafran going to dictate to Nigeria what to do with their land? You keep talking of US and UK as if Nigeria is any of those. I sympathise with Biafra and that is why I raise this topic. You guys should think it through before taking this all important leap. Are those Igbo who own the properties in question willing to go along with Uwazuruike and the MASSOB guys? THINK! THINK! THINK!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Jul 05, 2009
IGWE_USA:

Definitely you dont have to object. The Igbo masses should have the final say, not outsiders like you.

Wait a second . . .  what Ibo masses? the Ibos who support your biafra-n delusion dream Only, or those who stand against this Biafra-n separatist mission as well? I sense this is the selfish dream of a minority, believing they speak for the majority here. This was the problem back in 67 and I see this repeating itself yet again. The Idea was not well thought out back then and still is not being worked well on. What stops the innocent bystanders from suffering in the much the same way that many did back during the last war
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 4:31am On Jul 05, 2009
i dnt wana see baifara

but for those that beleive the igbos will lose their properties just for secedin are just dreamers

now think again
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 4:34am On Jul 05, 2009
kolomental

u are joke

for a start, u ve told to address us as igbos

benin not bini

englsih not enrish

ur obvious intention we already known

the igbo spirit makin u uncomfortable

by the way where is becomemoron, like the way he has been readin from the fenec

hey i thnik its too ealry to run out of ideas man
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by IGWEUSA(m): 4:57am On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are you OK? Where in any of my posts have I claimed it is difficult for me to leave you to your way? I don't care if you chose to move your own family to hell. That is your business and your life.

Am definitely Ok.  Having read your previous posts on threads concerning the igbos, it's not a rocket science for me to deduce your intentions.
      FYI, leaving Nigeria for any other place is better because she is already HELL of a place. You are even enjoying in another man's land.

I am more concerned about the problem you intend to leave behind for innocent Nigerians who are yet again trying to live and make the best of their life in the country, should you push for more commotion in that country in your bid to escape to your Shangri-la a second time around.

So you expect them to keep on striving ad infinetum till they all are dead. You even stressed further to call  Biafra a shangri-la, but mind you that

Nigeria have not achieved what they did within 3yrs.

Have you not learned from the first attempt that this is more than just you and those who think as you do? We are over 40 years into this and you want to bring this upon your children again? I don't think you are worth the Walhalla to the innocents who might be forced to spend years dealing with the consequences of your action. Millions of my generations have been dealing with the consequences of the Biafra-n war to date, but for a second time around, you intend for us to have to go through the same for you?

The problem is that you guys are always blindfolded with your dependency on the igbos. Listen my friend, the soviet union separated with out a

Single gun shot. Hence, why cant the Nigerian government leave Biafra to secede peacefully.

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 4:58am On Jul 05, 2009
Interesting question that we Igbos need to address . Indeed, there are a number of things we need to sort out before a succesful Biafra can be achieved

1. Igbo need to know how many Igbo there are in Nigeria (easy to do within Igbo states)
2.We need to know how many of those live in Nigerian states outside Igboland (all those Eze Ndigbo outside Igboland should take up this assignment
3. They need to compare the land mass to the number of Igbos around to ascertain if the expected influx will contain all Igbos that will be leaving Nigeria
4. They need to begin to invest more at home to cushion the effect of a relocation
5. They need to plan for a long time before they reach a final conclusion (10-15 years)
6. They need to consult Igbos in the diaspora
7. They need to find out if Uwazuruike has not sold his own house in lagos (I know he has a duplex somewhere around Isolo/Okota/Ago Palace road) and moved all his personal assets to Okwe, his home town
8. They need to get it at the back of their minds that the new Biafra will not include any non-Igbo speaking people (I prefer that)
9. They need to figure out how to harness the abundant oil and gas in Imo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra without waiting for oil from Ijaw and other ND states.
10. They need to be sure that they can pull out of Nigeria without a gun shot being fired (only in that condition can they retain their properties in Nigeria). Otherwise they are considered war booties

11. Following from point 10, I doubt that Nigeria will permit 70% of the properties in her capital (Abuja) being owned by foreigners (Biafrans)
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 5:01am On Jul 05, 2009
Thanks Ijawman for raising this point. We will be looking at the legal and other implications.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 5:02am On Jul 05, 2009
for where

biafara is dead

trust me, u will always remember i said so

2009 sir!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Jul 05, 2009
Why does it seem like you all read from the same script?  Nigeria is hell because you helped make it so. You have helped contribute to the problem and hell called Nigeria, but now you want a free ticket out?

Uumm . . . .  I am not exactly sure what it is you claim you achieved in 3 years that the whole of Nigeria was unable to in all this while with you as a part of it, but I will wait for you to fill me in.

I have to repeat this in hopes you at least get to read it the second time around. Ibos have been a part of the making of the Nigerian problem/hell. The Ibos have robbed and pillaged the Nigerian treasury just as any other groups have, in the past almost 50 years. Ibos have been a part of the corruption culture that has plagued that country for decades. Ibos have contributed to the decay and I see no reason why the country Nigeria should now be willing to sacrifice a few hundred thousand lives so Ibos can get a free ticket out of the mess they have helped create.

It will be really naïve to believe that the other groups would give the Ibos a free ticket out of this mess without some backlash to follow. Considering the last time, we had a civil war, it would be really selfish to say that it is worth having again just so you can escape having to deal with the mess you have helped create. 10’s of thousands suffered the last time. Many died of malnutrition. You want that for the people so you can have your Biafra?

What dependency on Ibos? Why do you folks keep saying that? Don’t the Ibo states currently rely on federal hand outs like other states in Nigeria? What exactly do you people mean when you speak of dependency? I am sorry to be the one to help deflate your ego but no, no one is dependent on the Ibos here. If anything, the Ibos have remained dependent on the other parts of the country as well and so are not removed from the problem we have in that country as a whole.

For the umpteenth time, why should the Nigerian people allow you help in destroying Nigeria for 40 years now but then allow you to bail so you do not have to face the reality of what you have done, and work on fixing the problem with the others?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 5:36am On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:

Interesting question that we Igbos need to address . Indeed, there are a number of things we need to sort out before a succesful Biafra can be achieved

1. Igbo need to know how many Igbo there are in Nigeria (easy to do within Igbo states)
2.We need to know how many of those live in Nigerian states outside Igboland (all those Eze Ndigbo outside Igboland should take up this assignment
3. They need to compare the land mass to the number of Igbos around to ascertain if the expected influx will contain all Igbos that will be leaving Nigeria
4. They need to begin to invest more at home to cushion the effect of a relocation
5. They need to plan for a long time before they reach a final conclusion (10-15 years)
6. They need to consult Igbos in the diaspora
7. They need to find out if Uwazuruike has not sold his own house in lagos (I know he has a duplex somewhere around Isolo/Okota/Ago Palace road) and moved all his personal assets to Okwe, his home town
8. They need to get it at the back of their minds that the new Biafra will not include any non-Igbo speaking people (I prefer that)
9. They need to figure out how to harness the abundant oil and gas in Imo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra without waiting for oil from Ijaw and other ND states.
10. They need to be sure that they can pull out of Nigeria without a gun shot being fired (only in that condition can they retain their properties in Nigeria). Otherwise they are considered war booties

11. Following from point 10, I doubt that Nigeria will permit 70% of the properties in her capital (Abuja) being owned by foreigners (Biafrans)

lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 5:46am On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie,

As you seem to have noted, many Igbos are not interested in Biafra (I am one of them); However, for Igbos to contribute to mending what all of us have contributed in spoiling, we need to be given the chance to do so. The bargains are as follows

Presidency (like other major groups who helped spoil Nigeria have tasted)
Equal number of states in each zone
accurate population census
Resource control (50-100%)

These are not too much to ask or are they?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 5:58am On Jul 05, 2009
^^^^ now we are talkin
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 5:59am On Jul 05, 2009
but why are the scared to do so?

this is open to another debate
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:

Kobojunkie,

As you seem to have noted, many Igbos are not interested in Biafra (I am one of them); However, for Igbos to contribute to mending what all of us have contributed in spoiling, we need to be given the chance to do so. The bargains are as follows

We all suffered under military rule for decades. We have just come out of it and are about 10 years into what we label democratic rule. Are you saying that the Ibos need the WILL of the people OVERRIDEN so they, the Ibos, can claim they have had a person in ASO ROCK on the number one seat? Is that really what Ibos need to become more useful people in that country? Is it really necessary for a people to have a person in Aso Rock before things can change for them?

Isn’t it possible that the Ibos work now to show themselves better leaders and then fight and campaign like every other group to get in that seat instead? I mean I would think it would have dawned on us all now the main reason an Ibo has yet to be elected is because no single Ibo has actually been known good or even popular enough for the seat. Someone mentioned Yoruba’s wanting Oni but having Obasanjo forced on them and I wonder if the person even considered the fact that outside of his small circle, oni was not really as popular a choice to people in other tribes as Obasanjo was, and that could have been part of the reason why Obasanjo won and Oni lost.

Another issue I have with this request is this, right now; we all know that Elections in Nigeria are not the way they ought to be. I mean we do have an Ibo at the helm of things but it is still terrible and we need to fix this for ALL of Nigeria to get a system that honors the people’s mandate. SO, who is to blame for the Ibos not getting a President in the house now? Why should Ibos get some sort of OVERRIDE in a system that most all are currently struggle with?

Afaukwu:

Equal number of states in each zone
What equal number of states in each zone? Does creating more states really help the ibos in anyway? You say that as if the more states you have, the more allocations go to the people? Have you checked states like Yobe and the rest to ensure that is the case?

Afaukwu:

accurate population census

Why has the state governments not worked to correct the problem of census inaccuracy by now? I mean would it not make sense to require the state governments do all it can to correct whatever census count problems may exist knowing it would affect the allowance it gets from the federal government for its people? Or is it ok for the state government to turn a blind eye to the problem while the people expect the federal government to come to discover the problem and then come down to their own state to fix issues?

Afaukwu:

Resource control (50-100%)
How many other states in Nigeria currently have the same amount of resource control?

Afaukwu:

These are not too much to ask or are they?

Aren’t most all other states in Nigeria wanting the same things as you listed above? Even the Ijaws, Urhobos, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijebus, Itshekiris, and all the others have wanted just about the same things for decades now. Not sure why focus should be on IBO only states getting these when others have been fighting for the exact same.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by oyinda3(f): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:

smh
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Mquadrant1(m): 7:07am On Jul 05, 2009
Hmmm! Lol
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Ellyptical: 7:39am On Jul 05, 2009
All,
Does a woman say that the pains of childbirth is a reason why she will have no child? Losing our belonging in the north is the pains of childbirth. The joy of having a new child soon erases the pain that was associated.
Looking back at how things have gone, I can boldly tell you that in a few years, we will recover what we have lost. After the war, we were left with N20. Today we are the richest tribe in Nigeria! That's the Jewish instinct in us!!
The scavenging northerners will DEFINITELY not agree to any form of MOU that will allow the igbos still lay claim to their property. We will give them to them as the alms that they love to beg for. By so doing we symbolically show supremacy. When a man gives, his hand is placed higher than the man who is receiving - meaning that he is higher.
As for those who are trying to show us reasons why we should not secede, look for better reasons. Jews lost their belongings in other parts of the world. Today, they have progressed far beyond that.
I can see you "love" us so much that you are now reminding us of what we are to lose. Please don't drink our panadol for us. You should be happy that we will leave them for you.
Igbos are arrogant - you say. But arrogance comes with ability and confidence.
Take the houses and the property . . . our promised land is worth more to us than all that!
Obrigado!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2009
KoboJunkie,

I am not surprised with your response, such which propel the canvassers of Biafra to do more:

1. You mean there is no Igbo worthy of the presidency? Did we have worthy Yoruba and northerners before they got there and messed up the system with thie incompetence?
2. Obviously, you cannot do much as a minister. The expreriences of Soludo and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala in their bid to enhance the economic fortune of Nigeria are classical examples. Many of their sound policies were overidden by the presidency of the day. You can now see why an Igbo (they have shown themselves worthy) should be allowed to exercise the full authority of a president like YARADUA and Obasanjo have done. Anyways, the PDP has zoned it to the Igbos after Yaradua. Let us see how faithful they will be. Whenever that is the case, I will join the PDP and campaign for the Igbo man/woman they have selected as long as they made a right choice of getting an Igbo who will show the difference between an Igbo and others.

3. Is Iwu to be bame for the flop in the election more than Obasanjo and Yaradua the beneficiaries? Now tell me before Iwu came on board who was there and were elections not rigged then? This is not about Iwu as a person but about a system failure. After Iwu is gone, there will still be rigging in Nigeria until the system is corrected. Iwu did not directly oversee the recent election in Ekiti. Was it free and fair?

4. On states, every other zone has six states and the North West even has seven. But the Igbos have five only. This has impacted on
the number of ministers, rep members, senators, federal allocation and all other things coming to the zone. On what basis should Igbos have the least number of states if not for a premeditated arrangement to marginalize them?

5.On census, you again, also wrote like a kid. Census is a federal affair and no data presented by any state is valid. Go read you constitution. Fashola and Tinubu tried to show that Lagos is more populated than Kano; what effect did it have on the federal govt? So, a well organized census will almost certainly show that Igbos are the single most populated group in Nigeria, and will thus, provide cogent reasons for equating the states and all that follow after that

6. Resource control is being fought mostly by the south south and south east. The Yoruba, and to the greatest extent, the North, are against resource control. Even Uwazuruike the MASSOB leader has asked the MEND guys not to give up on their quest for resource control despite the so-called amnesty. Do you know that the stones in Ogun and Oyo and other stone bearing states in the North are being quarried (mined) by private individuals who only pay taxes to the states? Why is the oil in ND and Igboland (and of course Ondo) different? Why are they not controlled by the states?

Again such idiotic response from you push the massob and mend guys FURTHER deep in their belief
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Abagworo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2009
@poster.i dont want to believe you are illiterate.is shell nigerian owned?i personally own a beautiful mansion in las vegas.thats where i stay each time i visit.i'm also not an american.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2009
Abagworo,

While it appears that the poster's logic is a bit flawed under an ideal situation, but I have seen how he tries to impress upon us that Nigeria is not US or other wetsren countries where things follow the rule. Based on what we know, do you think a Nigeria without Igbos, after allowing Biafra to go, especially if fighting was involved,  will still let Biafran citizens retain ownership of 70% of the property in its capital (Abuja)? Remember that SHELL (which you cited as an example) is not owned by a single individual and that Nigeria (sadly) worships anything Oyibo? Hence, a white man is safer in the North than an Igbo man.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by ezeagu(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:
Based on what we know, do you think a Nigeria without Igbos, after allowing Biafra to go, especially if fighting was involved,  will still let Biafran citizens retain ownership of 70% of the property in its capital (Abuja)?

Biafra or no Biafra, that 70% is definetely not intact, any kparam now and 'they'll' start blowing Igbo heads off. grin cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Elected Into World Catholic Body / Chief Of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika, Spits Fire! / Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.