Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,691 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion (22122 Views)

Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Dmillionaire: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2016
willy obiano is willingly working

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by EteEdoho: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Pavore9:

Flowers, fruits and vegetables flown to Europe daily from Kenya are handled by airlines, go to the International airport in Nairobi right now and see airlines airlifting tonnes of cut flowers heading to different parts of the world for the Valentine day's celebration! So airlines are involved in export of agricultural products! cool
He is the reason why whites see Africans as brain dead, and the reason why other Africans sees an average Nigerian as fools.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2016
kenny987:
Good development. The state government must also not be lax in security measures to avoid sabotage particularly of the nature of destruction of farmlands and attacks on innocent, hardworking citizens.

By Fulani herdsmen you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by AtlanticBreeze: 9:46am On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:
Obiano's strides in Anambra has foistered a divine duty on him to lead APGA to the national stage as the face of opposition politics in Nigeria.
If Obiano continues this way he is going,the Igbos have got the most credible,honest and visionary leader it can project in 2023 ( forget okorocha because he reminds one of many of the bad things pdp represented,eventhough he is in APC).
Obiano should take up the gauntlet, refuse the temptation of joining APC and barring any scandals and major missteps,will have enough across the divide and national support to continue from where PMB wud stop,likely 2023.
I see the makings of the first Igbo executive president in Obiano.
Buhari will only rule till 2023 in Arewa and Oduduwa republic

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2016
Obiagelli:
This is comendable, this is what states like benue should have benefited from but they keep voting idiots

A state peopled by the likes of Omenka can hardly make progress.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2016
$5 billion Ugu leaf ? Villagers will believe anything

4 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by doctokwus: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Buhari will only rule till 2023 in Arewa and Oduduwa republic
Mr man I am not here to have childish arguments with u and please stop derailing the thread.This thread is about the laudable strides of Obiano.Whats my own biz if u bliv my projections or not.
Please I don't want any ban today,if not I wud have called u an IPo something. Abeg face your lane.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by AtlanticBreeze: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:

Mr man I am not here to have childish arguments with u and please stop derailing the thread.This thread is about the laudable strides of Obiano.Whats my own biz if u bliv my projections or not.
Please I don't want any ban today,if not I wud have called u an IPo something. Abeg face your lane.
you didn't derail the thread by campaigning for the second tenure of a failed president on it. IPOB is a tag I wear with pride, be free to call be that always, just like I expect you to wear your zombie tag with pride

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by PRXPERT: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2016
afroniger:

Nna, don't kid yourself. Even though Obiano is trying with his initiatives and ideas, the SE is still heavily dependent on food imports. Unless other governors in the region also show similar vigor and commitment, this Anambra efforts won't impact much. The other day a team from Anambra lamented that the state still spends millions weekly importing vegetables like tomatoes and peppers, poultry and fish. There is a big enough market locally that is yet to be met not to talk of exports. The entire region needs to compliment this sort of efforts and consistently build capacity to achieve self-sufficiency.
bros! I saw the report too,the tomatoe import is not true! Go to any market in igboland today,tomatoes are very cheap, garri very cheap, we normally buy these things very expensive in the past, but I can tell you that we buy them at a very cheap prices! Cucumber,garden egg are being cultivated around Nsukka..tomatoes around omor and anam, even umunze,odekpe cultivate yam..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2016
People lie like children with no shame.

The whole of Nigeria and Ghana combined does not export $5 billion agricultural produce. States with irrigation ,and decades of practice do not and then one state that did not do this last year or 2 years ago will wake up one morning and export $5 billion Ugu. Who is it that is eating so much Ugu in the EU ?It must be the Syrian refugees
If every woman man child and goat in Anambra has no other job but Ugu will they produce $5 billion dollar worth ? Why can't people put their brains in a forward gear for once? Why always in reverse?
$5 billion That is about the cost of 1 billion chickens or 10 million IPhones . OVERNIGHT!!!
You will nee 1 Plane 365 days a year carrying $14million dollars or 4 billion naira worth of Ugu EVERY DAY !!
People should lie with some intelligence please

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by shizzy7(f): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2016
I watched a program on TV about this state, it was about agriculture......

Indians, Lebanese, Pakistanis are the farmers there and we are still talking about unemployment problem in this country...
Asides coched farms which is owned by a nigerian, the owners of the large scale farms that were interviewed are foreigners.

Well, everywhere bubu goes, he begs investors to come in and invest. This is what we get.
Just learn from China's economy and watch naira fly against the dollar.
What can we even call OUR OWN in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by chigoizie7(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry

Maybe u have not heard about cargo airplanes in your entire life and what they are used for.

Also, I know u don't know what pumpkin leaves are as they need to reach the final consumer on time for the freshness.

Thus, airplanes are used so as to get to the final consumer on time b4 it spoils. According to the report, pumpkin leaves (ugu) is one of their major exports.

Would u rather transport via sea that will take upto 3weeks to one month b4 it Berths? Maybe u will be offloading dead and decayed goods.

So, Mr man, I will leave u to ponder on what I ve said if actually u have the brains to.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by obailala(m): 10:19am On Feb 13, 2016
Willie is working willingly grin grin cheesy

Sometimes it pays not to be in the 2 main political parties (apc & pdp). While others have been distracted by politics and elections, some others have been concentrating on governance.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by obailala(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry
Bro, the joke is on you, you are the dumb one here. In fact I didnt even know people could be this ignorant.

FYI, exported agricultural produce, especially the perishable ones are usually moved by air. The idea is to get them to the end users as fast as possible whilst still fresh. Imagine putting ripe paw paw or banana in a ship and sailing it to europe in a 2-3 weeks journey? There is a reason we have cargo planes and there is a reason the Sam Mbakwe airport owerri is an international cargo airport. The report clearly stated it that an air cargo company was involved.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by YourMrBoo: 10:49am On Feb 13, 2016
Anambra is self sufficient in farm products.
I rep Anambra.
Haters should die prematurely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:59am On Feb 13, 2016
explorer250:
I thought that they said that igboland is not fertile? well I think that security and vigilante groups should be created to curb potential Fulani herdsmen menace
every communities in Anambra have vigilante groups and they enjoy government support and police cooperation, reason for low crime rate in the state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
$5 billion Ugu leaf ? Villagers will believe anything
As usual hatred will not allow you to read and understand before posting rubbish, they mentioned ugu leaf and others but you choose to ridicule yourself. Must you comment?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by MRSALT: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=aribisala0 post=42882286]People lie like children with no shame.

The whole of Nigeria and Ghana combined does not export $5 billion agricultural produce. States with irrigation ,and decades of practice do not and then one state that did not do this last year or 2 years ago will wake up one morning and export $5 billion Ugu. Who is it that is eating so much Ugu in the EU ?It must be the Syrian refugees
If every woman man child and goat in Anambra has no other job but Ugu will they produce $5 billion dollar worth ? Why can't people put their brains in a forward gear for once? Why always in reverse?
$5 billion That is about the cost of 1 billion chickens or 10 million IPhones . OVERNIGHT!!!
You will nee 1 Plane 365 days a year carrying $14million dollars or 4 billion naira worth of Ugu EVERY DAY !!
People should lie with some intelligence please[/quote

Learn to keep quiet or ask questions about what you do not understand. $5 billion is the worth of the deal that is if the producers are capable of achieving that. In practice, they can even produce as little as $1M. It is like Nigeria oil quota of 2.5M barrels per day approved by OPEC. Nigeria may produce below the quota but they are not allowed to exceed it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2016
MRSALT:

Learn to keep quiet or ask questions about what you do not understand. $5 billion is the worth of the deal that is if the producers are capable of achieving that. In practice, they can even produce as little as $1M. It is like Nigeria oil quota of 2.5M barrels per day approved by OPEC. Nigeria may produce below the quota but they are not allowed to exceed it.
what deal ? Signed with WHOM ? There are no secrets these days . You cannot introduce your fantasies as "FACT" You will be called out to substantiate with evidence.

You think you are talking to your villagers? Why $5 billion why not $25 billion. WHERE does that figure come from and what is it based on? X tonnes of Y Product at Z price in Q market? This is is just bullshit no different from a man who marries a wife projecting twins and triplets. FANTASY is what this is anyone can get up and start dreaming .Nothing wrong with that but dreams and reality are very different things
YOU are nothing but a charlatan and illiterate "It is like OPEC quota" You must spend a lot of time in beer parlors. Please tell the room the source of that absurd and infantile claim
According to your logic "It can be as little as $1million" why not say it can be as little as Zero? So what is the meaning of that?
Any half intelligent person reading the article can tell the story was PLANTED and most likely paid for. Go back and read the egregious English "The export is valued at over $5.2 billion annually" ignoramuses like you may not know how the Nigerian media works but we do and so we know what quest ions to ask . The article fails to tell you what this EXPORT is exactly ? We would like to know

UGU QUOTA KO OKAZI QUOTA NI

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Masterclass32: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2016
Kai, Willie is firing it back to back. More power.
Anambra adigo mma.
Igboland chi oku.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by kayfra: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Stop being mischievous. Don't you know what air freight is?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Nicepoker(m): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
PRXPERT:
wake me up when amala free some space in your brain!
even. If. It does. Ewedu will take. Charge

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
People lie like children with no shame.

People should lie with some intelligence please

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by macaranta(m): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
This year is really anambra's year oh,kudos for their forward thinking government and her populace.

Igbo kwenu

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by wristbangle: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Woow!

Anambra again! Let's give credit and honour to whom he deserves. This state stands out to be among the best in Nigeria.

I believe we south westerns can learn from the government of anambra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
otokx:

Well said.
The fact is Ugu is already being exported and available FROZEN in the UK and elsewhere.
There was an initiative started and supported by the FG under GEJ in 2013 and the Key states then were Abia , Ogun ,Delta, Cross River and Imo

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-set-to-export-10m-worth-of-vegetables/

So if Anambra is to export $5 billion Ugu I wonder how much those other states are going to export

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by ezstino: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

I laugh at your ignorance! Agro-allied products such as pumpkin can only be exported via cargo airlines to cut delivery time and avoid perishing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by SirShymexx: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Laughable.

Igbo people and pulling out ridiculous numbers from their arses to fool the gullible folks. Do you think Europe is a dumping ground for Agricultural produce?

And for cash crops, what cash crops do they produce in Igboland that's even worth $1 billion? Where's the land that's not even enough for the population explosion and gully erosion fighting side by side to control Igboland?

They need to keep an eye on these folks before they start exporting all kinds of class A drugs via whatever obscure courier company ABX is. These Igbo folks aren't serious, I tell ya.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Utchman1: 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
This is the kind of story we want to be hearing and not IPOB. God bless governor Obiano.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Utchman1: 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
SirShymexx:
Laughable.

Igbo people and pulling out ridiculous numbers from their arses to fool the gullible folks. Do you think Europe is a dumping ground for Agricultural produce?

And for cash crops, what cash crops do they produce in Igboland that's even worth $1 billion? Where's the land that's not even enough for the population explosion and gully erosion fighting side by side to control Igboland?

They need to keep an eye on these folks before they start exporting all kinds of class A drugs via whatever obscure courier company ABX is. These Igbo folks aren't serious, I tell ya.

Silly comment. Very childish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by gabicon: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
I applaud the initiative, I just feel the numbers don't add up, $5billion with pumpkin leaves as the major cash crop doesn't make much sense. How many people or companies in the world consume or use pumkin leaves as raw material? Or better still who is the targeted market? If it were cassava as a major cash crop I would have believed it since it can be used to get starch and even alcohol. Good initiative by his Excellency at least he is doing something irrespective of if the numbers add up or not.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Hollaniyii(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
A man that uses his brain and information to develop his state, other governors are using religion and politics to destroy theirs

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad's DPR Job: Three Officials Suspended - Peoples Gazette / Buhari Meets With Justin Welby, The Archbishop Of England (Photos) / Shettima Visits Saraki Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.