Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion (22121 Views)

Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by nonstan(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry

Hater sighted...receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by free2blast(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

ermm.. don't worry $5 billion is enough to buy all the cash strapped states in South West with big change. Osun for instance won't cost more than 50 million naira.. I hope obiano will buy up all these cash strapped states in South West, destroy all the brown roof mud houses and turn them Anambra farmlands..
Lol....like believed the thrash you just spewed.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by BushidoBlue(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
obailala:
Bro, the joke is on you, you are the dumb one here. In fact I didnt even know people could be this ignorant.

FYI, exported agricultural produce, especially the perishable ones are usually moved by air. The idea is to get them to the end users as fast as possible whilst still fresh. Imagine putting ripe paw paw or banana in a ship and sailing it to europe in a 2-3 weeks journey? There is a reason we have cargo planes and there is a reason the Sam Mbakwe airport owerri is an international cargo airport. The report clearly stated it that an air cargo company was involved.

Na d kind person wey we dey zombie be dat na...

They think the east is still in 1984...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by repogirl(f): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
I am waiting for FG to come and claim the revenue to dash the lazy and un-innovative states.

Ndi Ara!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by flokii: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
repogirl:
I am waiting for FG to come and claim the revenue to dash the lazy and un-innovative states.

Ndi Ara!

Lol.... bfor nko?

it all belongs to d FG dear... only if una don ready to do Harry-potter means of transport

owo ma pe grin
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
ezstino:

I laugh at your ignorance! Agro-allied products such as pumpkin can only be exported via cargo airlines to cut delivery time and avoid perishing.

Your ignorance is what is truly funny. Ugu is retailed chopped,washed and frozen and so the idea that it can ONLY be exported via air is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by repogirl(f): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
flokii:

Lol.... bfor nko?

it all belongs to d FG dear... only if una don ready to do Harry-potter means of transport

owo ma pe grin
okay, monkey dey work and baboon dey chop abi?

Total nonsense, this country will not move forward with this sort of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Cuche: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obiano is doing well and very soon the State will not be relying on Fed Allocation, however,
only Ugu can't be cultivated and sold to generate $5 billion. It is not possible even if the whole of Anambra becomes a farmland for Ugu and the world consumes only made in Anambra Ugu.
Not even rice can cultivated in Anambra can generate that per annum. I will really like to know how they arrived at that projection.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by danidee10(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Schematics:
Give us the Independent Nation of Anambra. cool

Truly, the Light of the entire black race..

Entire black race...ahn ahnnnn use ya head nw undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by danidee10(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
obiano is a legend. If Nigeria was a serious country they would be begging people like Sullivan Chime and Obiano to offer their services to the nation. But no, a 73 year old analogue dictator will lead them to the promised land in the 21st century. Useless nation

Why dis they not contest.....dem tie stone for their leg

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by SirShymexx: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Utchman1:

Silly comment. Very childish.

Shut ya gob.

You don't need to be Einstein to find the utterly ridiculous number laughable.

Do you know EU laws about agricultural imports? So how are you to smuggle $5 billion worth of agricultural produce into the Eurozone annually? And do Igbos even have enough lands for that amount of export?

Obiano is a scam artist.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by flokii: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
repogirl:
okay, monkey dey work and baboon dey chop abi?

Total nonsense, this country will not move forward with this sort of rubbish.

lol... I.guess baboon is superior to monkey or what else could be d reason

Nigeria will develop.. just that some regions will find it difficult to move at a fast pace
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Bern1992(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obiagelli:
This is comendable, this is what states like benue should have benefited from but they keep voting idiots

I concur undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
ezstino:

I laugh at your ignorance! Agro-allied products such as pumpkin can only be exported via cargo airlines to cut delivery time and avoid perishing.
Your ignorance is the JOKE
Other states including Ogun Delta and Abia but NOT Anambra have been exporting Ugu for a while with NO NOISE
Ugu is retailed in Europe FROZEN

The 3rd picture is Ewedu

There is also frozen okra. These things have been around a while so Anambra should stop making noise
Anambra to this ......Anambra to that

Real people are already making real things happen quietly

People with many wives have been making babies for year and then one JJC just marries and announces he will have 12 children. Is it by mouth?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
flokii:

Lol.... bfor nko?

owo ma pe grin
It does not belong to the FG .Where do you get that from . Exporters own their money the only thing is they are required to exchange their FOREX at official rates
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by flokii: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
It does not belong to the FG .Where do you get that from . Exporters own their money the only thing is they are required to exchange their FOREX at official rates

Ok..

I don't know much about that tho... buh I feel there should be somthing in it for d FG too
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Smooyis(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
PRXPERT:
I laugh at them when they think we still depend on them northern farmers! Aside beans we are currently producing everything in the east, by 2019 we will attain self sufficient in food production.. graduates are into farming! I know a medical doctor that has a farm! The thing is real!!

Arrogance of thought. No nation is ever independent in totality. Rather we will continue to be interdependent.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Akpu leaves for $5 billion? Must be diamond laced leaves..who dash you $5 billion.?

Same like the funny word like massive, mega, gigantic, huge they love to use when they are trying to con and decieve...lol.

Funny people and their comedy...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
flokii:

Ok..

I don't know much about that tho... buh I feel there should be something in it for d FG too
Why should there be? An exporter of goods is not much different from an exporter of services.Otherwise we would be saying there should be some in it for the FG when Mikel Obi gets paid grin

The only thing is the tax they pay which would apply just like if they sold at home? At any rate why the FG why not the State or LG? They will pay NPA to use the ports and there are a few products that attract export duties but generally this does not apply to agriultural produce which ae often granted many concessions as it is a very competitive business and many other governments subsidize their own farmers worldwide.

They are ultimately traders like everyone else and yes they should pay taxes as usual but personal income tax is to State Governments
The only thing is the FG rates for FOREX are not always the best but then many find ways of avoiding that

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Viktor1983(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
Agimor:
Fulani herdsmen beware of those farm lands.

You don't need to tell them.
They know what's up with Anambra Folks.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Jacko1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ugu 5.2 billion dollars.... Thats more than wat apple sees as revenue a year
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by TheArchangel(f): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:
Obiano's strides in Anambra has foistered a divine duty on him to lead APGA to the national stage as the face of opposition politics in Nigeria.
If Obiano continues this way he is going,the Igbos have got the most credible,honest and visionary leader it can project in 2023 ( forget okorocha because he reminds one of many of the bad things pdp represented,eventhough he is in APC).
Obiano should take up the gauntlet, refuse the temptation of joining APC and barring any scandals and major missteps,will have enough across the divide and national support to continue from where PMB wud stop,likely 2023.
I see the makings of the first Igbo executive president in Obiano.
I
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by TheArchangel(f): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:
Obiano's strides in Anambra has foistered a divine duty on him to lead APGA to the national stage as the face of opposition politics in Nigeria.
If Obiano continues this way he is going,the Igbos have got the most credible,honest and visionary leader it can project in 2023 ( forget okorocha because he reminds one of many of the bad things pdp represented,eventhough he is in APC).
Obiano should take up the gauntlet, refuse the temptation of joining APC and barring any scandals and major missteps,will have enough across the divide and national support to continue from where PMB wud stop,likely 2023.
If only he will be an infinite governor of Anambra cos most people that throttled to Asorock ends up clueless and visionless.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by AtlanticBreeze: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
aresa:
Akpu leaves for $5 billion? Must be diamond laced leaves..who dash you $5 billion.?

Same like the funny word like massive, mega, gigantic, huge they love to use when they are trying to con and decieve...lol.

Funny people and their comedy...
It is not for a consuming south west population who applauded their leader for creating a 300 million borehole and 78 million naira website to understand. If we didn't argue with you when you told Fashole created a 2000 naira website for 78 million, you shouldn;t also have any problems with the $5 billion figure. simple logic

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
explorer250:
I thought that they said that igboland is not fertile? well I think that security and vigilante groups should be created to curb potential Fulani herdsmen menace

Who said so? Abi you though every food in Anambra was imported?

All that remains is for this governor to tidy up Onitsha
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
[s]
AtlanticBreeze:

It is not for a consuming south west population who applauded their leader for creating a 300 million borehole and 78 million naira website to understand. If we didn't argue with you when you told Fashole created a 2000 naira website for 78 million, you shouldn;t also have any problems with the $5 billion figure. simple logic
[/s]

Abeg no dey bark at me like bingo... grin

Do you people even know the meaning of $BILLION? grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by 9inches(m): 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
$5 billion Ugu leaf ? Villagers will believe anything

"...about seventy-five (75) farm products of which Ugu- pumpkin leaf tops the list, are exported from Nigeria to Europe and rest of the world."

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Churchillsaug(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry
u are high on paw paw leaf
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
9inches:

"...about seventy-five (75) farm products of which Ugu- pumpkin leaf tops the list, are exported from Nigeria to Europe and rest of the world."
How much Ugu na? Why the Obfuscation? Other states have been exporting Ugu too na?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-set-to-export-10m-worth-of-vegetables/

They started before Anambra and gave us a figure (FIVE STATES)

Anambra's Ugu must be da bomb of Ugus

If you chop that Ugu ehn........

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:
Are you from anambra?
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
shizzy7:
I watched a program on TV about this state, it was about agriculture......

Indians, Lebanese, Pakistanis are the farmers there and we are still talking about unemployment problem in this country...
Asides coched farms which is owned by a nigerian, the owners of the large scale farms that were interviewed are foreigners.

Well, everywhere bubu goes, he begs investors to come in and invest. This is what we get.
Just learn from China's economy and watch naira fly against the dollar.
What can we even call OUR OWN in this country?
Intergrated farms is indigenous too
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
People lie like children with no shame.

The whole of Nigeria and Ghana combined does not export $5 billion agricultural produce. States with irrigation ,and decades of practice do not and then one state that did not do this last year or 2 years ago will wake up one morning and export $5 billion Ugu. Who is it that is eating so much Ugu in the EU ?It must be the Syrian refugees
If every woman man child and goat in Anambra has no other job but Ugu will they produce $5 billion dollar worth ? Why can't people put their brains in a forward gear for once? Why always in reverse?
$5 billion That is about the cost of 1 billion chickens or 10 million IPhones . OVERNIGHT!!!
You will nee 1 Plane 365 days a year carrying $14million dollars or 4 billion naira worth of Ugu EVERY DAY !!
People should lie with some intelligence please
It's not only ugu nah. Other crops. Read well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Members Celebrating Supreme Court Victory (Photos) / Peter Obi’s Market Engagement And Mobilization; A Force To Reckon With / "I Was Like A Yam In PDP, When I Left They Became An Empty Basin"—Akpabio Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.