Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) (38184 Views)

Bukola Saraki Visits Ede, Condoles With Isiaka Adeleke's Family / Toyin Saraki Visits A Pregnant Mother Of Triplets Before Surgery. PICS / Saraki Visits His Family House In Agbaji, Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by obiremy: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Toyin Saraki Visits Childhood School, tells students “you can achieve whatever you set your sights on.”

Invited and recognized as the Chief Launcher, Her Excellency Mrs Toyin Saraki Launched ‘Action, Not Words,’ a special publication on the history, accomplishments and achievements of Holy Child College (HCC), Ikoyi, in Commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the school.

Highlighting the successes recorded by alumni of HCC in various fields including banking, public administration, healthcare and the arts, Her Excellency, Mrs Toyin Saraki encouraged students of HCC to take advantage of the opportunity/privilege of education as it is a crucial tool to building a future free from discrimination and poverty.

Emphasizing on the benefits of educating the girl child, Mrs Toyin Saraki who is also as signatory to the Girl Declaration stated“It gives me great pleasure to be participating in this Back to School initiative of my alma mater, and to share with current students of Holy Child College that they can achieve whatever they set their sights at.”

Sharing her experience with another set of girls she had previously interacted with, during an exclusive mentoring session hosted by Girl Effect at the 70thUnited Nations General Assembly (UNGA) 2015, Mrs Toyin Saraki encouraged the girls at the HCC to work hard, while aiming to take up roles/positions that are currently being dominated by the male gender, especially in leadership, governance and innovation. She also emphasized that education will play a crucial role in eliminating social vices against women and girls such gender-based violence; female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C); and forced, early and child marriages (FECMs).

The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA), under the leadership of Mrs Toyin Saraki, also supports the #MyLifeat15  initiative (a global campaign which not only celebrates the dreams of women held at the age of 15, but calls on governments to end child marriage by 2030, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals).

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/toyin-saraki-visits-childhood-school_13.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by obiremy: 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by akanbiaa(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by obiremy: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
obiremy:
More
more

1 Like

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by obiremy: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
obiremy:
more
more

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ok, thats nice.
She has her own swag!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Pheals(f): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
The children much oooo sure it's gals only ! Love that
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Money is speaking.
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
CONTINUE THE SWAG MA, WE ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOUR HUSBAND. HE'S A ROLE MODEL FOR US TO FOLLOW......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Ok, thats nice.
She has her own swag!
IF YOU ARE THE ONE ON YOUR DP, MEHN YOU FINE DIE.
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Roks(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
She attended a Christian missionary school. I hope her experience will help promote religious harmony

4 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by mynd1(f): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Fantastic!
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Bugatie(m): 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
Missionary schools are always exceptional.

4 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by CCsurplus007(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
I think catholic missionary schools are one of the best if not the best in Nigeria. They focus less on money but on child development and have very good maintenance culture . If only Pentecostal pastors can borrow a leaf from them but no its all about competing with bill gates and dangote on the latest jet or some frivolous birthday bash on a yatch.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by ajepako(f): 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
That school has been in existence since antiquity

Even as a kid born and raised in Lagos island, most of us ajepako kids attended King ado high, lsale eko grammar school, Eko akete gram schooll, Boys Academy, dolphin high, hope high school, okesuna high and other state schools while ajebutter kids attended Holy child, Girls secondary ,ADRAO and Aunty Ayo girls school.

This Holy Child used to be the butt of our jokes with their four cardinal point school cap and we made fun of them calling them : igun merin agbaye. grin grin cheesy

l bet kids nowadays dont call them that anymore because they are born.civilzed now D cheesy

Anyway glad to be associated with.schools in lagos island

Eko.for.show grin cheesy grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Babatundetinubu: 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
CONTINUE THE SWAG MA, WE ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOUR HUSBAND. HE'S A ROLE MODEL FOR US TO FOLLOW......
l

Role model...

7 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by thefakestan: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Who this one done help.

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by kennyblaze007(m): 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by kay29000(m): 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmm! I remember eyeing those Holy Child girls while going to play video games around their school in my KC days.
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Innodon(m): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
Good to know

1 Like

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
The resemblance between her and our Vice President's wife is striking.

3 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by irondome: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
kITATITA:
She attended a Christian missionary school. I hope her experience will help promote religious harmony

I think she is/was a christian. Not sure if she is still one though.

3 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by dhensity: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
choi if i was a teacher in this school beautiful girls
Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
CCsurplus007:
I think catholic missionary schools are one of the best if not the best in Nigeria. They focus less on money but on child development and have very good maintenance culture . If only Pentecostal pastors can borrow a leaf from them but no its all about competing with bill gates and dangote on the latest jet or frivolous birthday bash on a yatch.

You mouth hen!!! Let Pastor Oyakhilome, Oyedepo or Okotie catch you with this unfunny statement, they would roast you with annointing

3 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by seunfape(m): 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
i like the vicinity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by kay29000(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
VickyRotex:
The resemblance between her and our Vice President's wife is striking.

Yea...especially their physique.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by abumeinben(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
Army Children School, Mokola Ibadan prepare

cool

1 Like

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by iswallker(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
a country that celebrates corruption..... undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by ZiggyMr(m): 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
irondome:

I think she is/was a christian. Not sure if she is still one though.
She's a christian

3 Likes

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by UnknownT: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
I believe marrying a politician is/was her major achievement. Many of the girls will be motivated to look for politicians to marry after her visit

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Saraki Visits Holy Child College, Ikoyi (pics) by ndaman25: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
and so wetin cun be our own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protesting Youths Boo, Stone Ortom As Military Battle Protests In Benue / Photo Of The Day: Young President Goodluck Jonathan / NNPC Discovers 21 Wells Full Of Prospects Of Oil In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.