Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace (739 Views)

Uwazuruike Working For Hausa-fulani ‘jihadists’ To Betray Our Struggle –Ipob / We Will Not Reveal Tompolo’s Hideout – Ijaws Vow Never To Betray Ex-militant / Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by Toybreezy: 4:19am On Feb 14, 2016
Looking at the leading causes of conflicts in our country today, their inception can be traced back to few years after the independence. Tribal wars, civil war, economy issues, corruption, injustice, crime. These things didn't just start few years ago.

However, it has come to my notice that the people who were not born then are those who suffer the most. Many children do no longer go to school because of the high cost of everything, youths and teens are being mobilized to fight campaign wars and are killed ruthlessly, children are being recruited and turned into suicide bombers. All this are the faults of our parents!!!. Yes all of them.
Those who caused corruption, tribal wars, civil war etc are some of our parents and those who kept quiet about it out of fear and did nothing are also our parents,

They have failed us, do we have to fail ourselves again. In fact! We are already failing ourselves. But it is not too late to change so we don't fail our off springs.

Let's betray our parents and quit tribal wars
Let's bretray our parents and avoid a new civil way
Let's betray our parents and refuse to be used as killing instruments.
Let's betray our parents and shun propaganda
Let's betray our parents by shunning political parties..we youths can unite and be our own political party.
Our parents have failed us, do not let us fail ourselves or yet those coming after us.

Stop being manipulated, stop mindless protests. Do not judge tribes on the stories your parents tell you. Rather consider your classmates, friends from other tribes look at how you people get along regardless of your cultural differences, then you'll realise tolerating each other isn't that difficult.

Its my first article in a while pardon my irregularities.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by Toybreezy: 4:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Personal effort, individual effort is a step in development

Cc lalasticlala,
Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by homeboy205: 4:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Abi I don cast my papa ni, my every dispense ATM

1 Like

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by Tunami(m): 5:05am On Feb 14, 2016
the youths are the replica of the leaders. A wolf cant give birth to a sheep.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by mistarsam(m): 5:40am On Feb 14, 2016
leave them make dem no hear word.
let dem continue to vote for a 73 year old man

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by ineedajobfast: 5:43am On Feb 14, 2016
word

1 Like

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by vikacydevato(m): 5:49am On Feb 14, 2016
One Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by Toybreezy: 7:15am On Feb 14, 2016
homeboy205:
Abi I don cast my papa ni, my every dispense ATM
. You don't need to be violent to revolt.. Just change your mindset
Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by Toybreezy: 7:18am On Feb 14, 2016
Tunami:
the youths are the replica of the leaders. A wolf cant give birth to a sheep.
. We youths are like Baby wolves who haven't tasted blood.
Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Toybreezy:
Looking at the leading causes of conflicts in our country today, their inception can be traced back to few years after the independence. Tribal wars, civil war, economy issues, corruption, injustice, crime. These things didn't just start few years ago.
However, it has come to my notice that the people who were not born then are those who suffer the most. Many children do no longer go to school because of the high cost of everything, youths and teens are being mobilized to fight campaign wars and are killed ruthlessly, children are being recruited and turned into suicide bombers. All this are the faults of our parents!!!. Yes all of them.
Those who caused corruption, tribal wars, civil war etc are some of our parents and those who kept quiet about it out of fear and did nothing are also our parents,
They have failed us, do we have to fail ourselves again. In fact! We are already failing ourselves. But it is not too late to change so we don't fail our off springs.
Let's betray our parents by shunning political parties..we youths can unite and be our own political party.
Our parents have failed us, do not let us fail ourselves or yet those coming after us.
Stop being manipulated, stop mindless protests. Do not judge tribes on the stories your parents tell you. Rather consider your classmates, friends from other tribes look at how you people get along regardless of your cultural differences, then you'll realise tolerating each other isn't that difficult.

A very noble suggestion or rather group of suggestions. Yet you left out the obvious. Nigeria is not an African creation and instead a British creation designed to benefit the sons and daughters of her majesty, which you and I are not a part of, even with to say we get pale for there.

Ojukwu 50 years ago, yes 50 years ago, tried to address the situation in the first situation room (no mind CNN), but was denied by the British backed Gowon ("smalli" at the time). This denial was further sustained by the sabotage and outright betrayal by the leaders of the then (and current, ask GEJ) Western region.

Since then we have been sweeping under the "green and white" rug that fundamental problem, and as a result we have dilapidated states made by coupist who knew nothing about good government, incompetent touts parading as governors and senators, inability to have steady power, good hospitals, a national soccer team that can pay their coach and players without problem, a modern movie industry, a strong currency that is not trading at an embarrassing rate, and even a national airline that even Italy without a drop of Oil can do without much trouble.

Too bad
Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by nabiz(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2016
Let's also betray our. Parents and say the truth without minding the tribe the truth may affect.
Let's also betray out parents and support regional or federal system of government

1 Like

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by chriskosherbal(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2016
There is still room for peace

1 Like

Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by saintfizzo(m): 8:10am On Feb 14, 2016
grin will be so nice.... so I can marry my igbo galfriend
Re: Let Us Betray Our Parents For Peace by kenny987(f): 8:14am On Feb 14, 2016
Toybreezy:

Your points are understandable but you cannot place something on nothing. The young ones are not formed in a vacuum neither are they dropped from the sky...
Until conscious efforts are made mediate and address those post independence wrongs, it's going to be one vicious cycle.

First, component units must be called and a conscious recognition of whom we are and what we represent as a nation must be set down with the knowledge and representation of all concerned. Next, it must be made clear that the choice to remain under one umbrella is a conscious and deliberate one, not foisted on us by colonial masters and stubbornly propagated till date.

There should therefore be no room for any supremacy agenda. Population of distinct tribes and groups should be strictly for national planning and not for any other advantage like representation at the national assembly or job placements and such other things. Following this, all component units must be viable and self reliant. For administrative convenience the current geopolitical structure may be retained or jettisoned for a more suitable arrangement.

With a sane and peaceful arrangement, no one should be threatened with war or destruction for deciding to secede or making political choices. No group should come under any disadvantage as a result of these either.
At this point, it would be easier for outlooks to change and real patriotism cultivated and upheld. Growing youths can comfortably establish themselves in all respects without fear of intimidation or any sense of entitlement because such positions are currently established by the present arrangement which we have today.

I daresay it is only such a drastic turn around that can bring the rapid development which we seek with tribal and religious divides brought to a minimum cos none seeks to impose one on the other.

As Nigeria is currently constituted without the government being held responsible for its failure in the health, educational and economic areas, then Nigeria remains a ripe ground for propaganda and manipulation with idle, poisoned minds everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

P.buhari And Osinbajo Discusses About Mikel's Goal Against Psg(photo/hilarious) / PDP Members Didn't Expect Sheriff As Chairman - Metuh Reveals / Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.