Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (42199 Views)

Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Mavrick2012: 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
u had better treat ur sef of yellow fever,dnt know what ya talking bout

wanted to ignore ur claim b4,but i ve got to respond,for ur info iam a proud muslim,nd i love jesus for who he is,not what impostor paul said he issmiley
just listen to yourself "impostor paul".if xtians react the way u ppl react whenever the prophet of islam is "blasphemed",sincerely this world would have been literal hell.why do you ppl find it so hard respecting ppls beliv?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Pheals(f): 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
so jesus had to wait for peter to cut some1's ear be4 he condemns him

Didnt jesus know peter was with sword all along,why didnt he condemn him?
actually it was not a sword but a knife!!!! Remember he was a fisherman
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Abumadea: 12:14am On Feb 15, 2016
mosho2good:
wish Jesus didn't create xhristian

He never brought or started christianity. Christianity was started after he left.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by druxy(m): 12:23am On Feb 15, 2016
mosho2good:
wish Jesus didn't create xhristian
did he?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by RAFIC(m): 1:10am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:

I probably shouldn't reply your ignorant attention seeking post, but I just want to advice you never to read any literature out of contest 'cos of ur personal bias. You'd not only injure yourself, you'd also degenerate your brains by yourself.
Reading that whole account makes it clear to the blind that the sword was not with Peter who at that point was praying with Jesus but was borne by the fellow who's ears he cut off in defence of his master who subsequently scolded him strongly that those who bear the sword would die by it as well.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 5:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Mavrick2012:
just listen to yourself "impostor paul".if xtians react the way u ppl react whenever the prophet of islam is "blasphemed",sincerely this world would have been literal hell.why do you ppl find it so hard respecting ppls beliv?
ohh do i need to remind u that u christians ve been insulting my beloved prophet since time immemorial
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 5:06am On Feb 15, 2016
RAFIC:

I probably shouldn't reply your ignorant attention seeking post, but I just want to advice you never to read any literature out of contest 'cos of ur personal bias. You'd not only injure yourself, you'd also degenerate your brains by yourself.
Reading that whole account makes it clear to the blind that the sword was not with Peter who at that point was praying with Jesus but was borne by the fellow who's ears he cut off in defence of his master who subsequently scolded him strongly that those who bear the sword would die by it as well.
i also did not not want to reply to ur post,but i sensed that ur gullibility is pathetic nd wouldnt just harm u,but harm generation yet unborn,cos u will carry on like this nd pass it on to themsad

pls when jesus had said,''sell ur garment to buy sword'',some in their midst said''here are two'' nd jesus said ''its enough''

bikonu,what is ''enough''sad

two swords of what?

U know,the thing is that jesus was actually violent in nature,but christians would rather turn their face frm that aspect of him..abi is it not jesus that''for those enemies of mine who will not let me reign over them,bring them forth nd slay them b4 me''...hahahaha i no u hinge it on ''parables''grin
lest i forget,pls read dat post below including d quoted,cos d lady said twas a knife not a sword,cheesycheesy
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 5:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Pheals:
actually it was not a sword but a knife!!!! Remember he was a fisherman
yes i remember,but jesus said he will make him fishers of men,does he use knife to fish for mensad

obviously notgrin

the problem here is there is so much confusion in christianity,that pple dont no which is which

Few comments up there,some1 had quoted me that he wasnt the one with the sword,that he drew d sword frm a servant,now ure saying its a knife,how hillarious.

For better clarification,pls look @ that post above(including d quoted)

ve a blessed daysmiley
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Pheals(f): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:
yes i remember,but jesus said he will make him fishers of men,does he use knife to fish for mensad

obviously notgrin

the problem here is there is so much confusion in christianity,that pple dont no which is which

Few comments up there,some1 had quoted me that he wasnt the one with the sword,that he drew d sword frm a servant,now ure saying its a knife,how hillarious.

For better clarification,pls look @ that post above(including d quoted)

ve a blessed daysmiley
i did not care where he got the knife ...since they move around possibly they use in purpose to cut somethings
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 5:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Pheals:
i did not care where he got the knife ...since they move around possibly they use in purpose to cut somethings
somtin like orange,grapes,etc abigrin
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:31am On Feb 15, 2016
campusflavour:
he also said tha the sword is the bible , with which u fight devil
Chai see finishing! Do u knw that the bible was writen 80 yrs after Jesus? U lie dey smell
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:36am On Feb 15, 2016
malvisguy212:
are you insane ? Is Samson the disciple of christ ?
is christ not stronger dan samson
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Kirigidi:
D "sword" our Lord JESUS CHRIST referrd to in dat passage was likely not a "physical sword" but rather a "spiritual sword". Dat explaind why our Lord JESUS cautiond Peter to draw back his sword when Peter in a moment of self-defence choppd off ear of one of d guards who came to arrest JESUS. Peter probably misundastood JESUS' mention of "sword" to mean a "physical sword" instead of a "spiritual sword"! Even Ephesians 6:10-18 educates us dat "d weapon of our warfare is spiritual", nd we (Christians) shuld put on d full armor of GOD to b able to stand against d schemes of d devil. Ephesians 6:17 specificaly explains dat d "Word of GOD" is d "sword of d Spirit" nd helmet of salvation.
that's y u won't see the truth starring at u. How can u sell ur garment and buy a spiritual sword? Oga oya explain
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Hiddentreasure1:
what are u insinuating are u even a christian because from ur response u sound like a non christian whateva it is u want to know abt Jesus pls give ur life to Him and ask Him to teach u His ways and make u understand the mystery behind the bible dat way u won't post stuff like dis
explain to him wat he meant there stop beatin arround the bush
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:45am On Feb 15, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Biblically, you are sick... You need a doctor!! If you need more explanation to that passage of the bible, holla @ me.

Since you didn't do English (idioms) all through your levels in Educations.
see this Mr lecturer so Jesus can't use other words or animals to discribe that. ? Even in this Modern day is pretty clear wat he meant
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by wexyee: 6:52am On Feb 15, 2016
drwebs:

pray to God to open your spirit to understand the Bible before you read it, if not you'll be reading it like a news paper.

This parable was talking about the healing power of Jesus Christ. Jesus started His Healing with the Children of God (those chosen by him to inherit the blessing ie Israel) but this lady was an outcast (so to speak) but needed Jesus to heal her daughter.

So Jesus simply told to her, that healing belongs to the children of God in that parable.

However, the woman exercised her faith by saying nothing was impossible for Jesus to do, by saying that her daughter, though an outcast, can still benefit from the healing after the children of God have been healed.

Jesus also responded to her faith and her daughter got healed.

Don't see anything slavery about that. It's like attending to your family needs before others.
u and una parable wahala dats y it's easy to be a pastor. Evry body dat ask for clearity they say parable
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by myproperty(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2016
malvisguy212:
are you insane ? Is Samson the disciple of christ ?
He doesn't know what he is saying. the same way he doesn't know the difference between Judaism and Christianity

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Feb 15, 2016
xtremrules:

Legal could as well mean adopted but not biological son.
What really make it hard is, Jesus is not the biological son of Joseph and the bible Neva said he was legally adopted by Joseph. So whose son is he and what gives him claim to throne of David?
Even if you say the adoption was implied, Joseph being the descendant of Jehoiakim invalidate his claim, since Jehoiakim and all his descendant where cursed by God.

Matthew 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

1 Chronicles 3:16 And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.

Jeremiah 36:30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.

Matthew and Luke dept confusing the ancestor of Joseph (Solomon (Matthew 1:6) Nathan(Luke3:31)) the actually father of Joseph (Jacob (Matthew 1:16) Hell (Luke 3:23))
listen, read luke chapter two, Joseph and Mary went for the census in Bethlehem to be counted, it was on their way going , at night when Jesus was born, and they register together with their child.

Luke 2:22
22 Also, when the time came for
purifying them according to the Law of
Moses, + they brought him up to
Jerusalem to present him to Jehovah,*

If Jesus is not counted as legal son of Joseph, they will not be allowed to circumcised the child according to the law of Moses.

Both Matthew and Luke signify that
Joseph was not Jesus’ actual father but
only his adoptive father, giving him legal right.

Jeremiah 22:30, "Thus saith the
LORD, Write ye this man
childless, a man that shall not
prosper IN HIS DAYS: for no
man of his seed shall prosper,
sitting upon the throne of
David, and ruling any more in
JUDAH."

There are two points that need to be
observed. 1) Notice this is a curse upon the man of Coniah’s seed, and was to last only DURING HIS DAYS, while he was still living. The "man" referred to in "a MAN that shall not prosper in his days" refers to the "man of his seed." This verse says nothing about this curse being placed upon Coniah’s descendants AFTER his days.
And 2) This curse prevented his seed
from ruling JUDAH ONLY. In Luke 1:33, it says "Jesus shall reign over the house of Jacob," not Judah. Judah was destroyed in 70AD, and 70AD is when Jesus did fully reign.It wasn’t until the destruction of Jerusalem and Judah in 70AD that
Jesus put all enemies under his footstool. Judah has not existed
since 70AD. Based upon these two points, this verse could not refer to Jesus. Now for Jeremiah 36:30-31:

Jeremiah 36:30-31, "Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead
body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost. And I will punish him and his SEED and
his servants for THEIR INIQUITY."
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by myproperty(m): 8:47am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:
i also did not not want to reply to ur post,but i sensed that ur gullibility is pathetic nd wouldnt just harm u,but harm generation yet unborn,cos u will carry on like this nd pass it on to themsad

pls when jesus had said,''sell ur garment to buy sword'',some in their midst said''here are two'' nd jesus said ''its enough''

two swords of what?

U know,the thing is that jesus was actually violent in nature,but christians would rather turn their face frm that aspect of him..abi is it not jesus that''for those enemies of mine who will not let me reign over them,bring them forth nd slay them b4 me''...hahahaha i no u hinge it on ''parables''grin
lest i forget,pls read dat post below including d quoted,cos d lady said twas a knife not a sword,cheesycheesy
Christ actually made those statements the context and what he meant I don't know because they are at variance with his actions. He was not violent, he never killed and his disciples never killed unlike muhammed whose trade mark was murder as you like.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by myproperty(m): 8:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:

two swords of what?

You try so hard to make Christ look like a violent person and yet you have not been able to bring a single act of killing or murder in which Christ and his disciple may have committed.

Christ said “all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword” as a rebuke against his disciple, Jesus rebukes the crowd for coming against him and his disciples with swords and clubs at night.
In fact there’s something interesting about the way Jesus responds to the mob in Mark:
And Jesus said to them, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs to capture me? Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize me. But let the Scriptures be fulfilled.”
“BUT let Scripture be fulfilled.” In Matthew Jesus says he’s quite able if not willing to call for “twelve legions of angels” in his own defense. “BUT let Scripture be fulfilled.” People just assume Jesus is a pacifist in all occasions and wants his disciples to be pacifists in all occasions too, but the Gospels consistently records only one reason that He, his angels, and his disciples should stand down in the face of an armed mob at night: That Scripture might be fulfilled in his trial, torment, and crucifixion, and resurrection
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Oluboonmi(f): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:

Peter took the sword from one of the guards standing by, not that he had the sword all along.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2016
I stopped believing the present day bible since yesterday. Quran made it known that the real injil(bible) was revealed to Jesus(a.s).
Jesus knew nothing about the present day bible, he didn't even used it. Apostle Paul never met with Jesus(a.s) all through his life but he wrote some part of the present day bible. A pagan(forgotten his name) compiled the present day bible.
Nothing from the bible is true, not even it's common grounds with Quran. Everything is adulterated.
The book of Enoch is missing in the bible, who knows if Enoch might have said the truth. I used to be a believer of some parts of the bible but not anymore.
Quote me pls!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by don89(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Yes ooooo
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Irrespective of what my Muslim brothers are saying, I don't believe Jesus(a.s) was brutal.
I believe he was less brutal than Muhammad (s.a.w). Our noble prophet fought wars, Jesus fought non. They were all destined by God almighty to live like that.
I was thought about the brutality of the both prophets of Allah by a Teacher in Islam. I was told he condemned all sorts of brutality, the modern bible just want to tarnish his image as that verse about Jesus and the sword was probably written by someone who knows nothing about him in totality. Even if it was compiled as been written by one of his closest disciplines, it was compiled by a pagan. The modern bible is far beyond what any righteous man on earth should believe. Everything is wrong about it.
I'm not advocating Quran because only those who God opens their mind will agree with the truth. The modern day bible is totally wrong, Quote me anytime!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Angelcleo(f): 9:55am On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:

Peter wasn't with a sword, he took it from an officer there. Read your bible
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Angelcleo(f): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2016
difakozigi:
Irrespective of what my Muslim brothers are saying, I don't believe Jesus(a.s) was brutal.
I believe he was less brutal than Muhammad (s.a.w). Our noble prophet fought wars, Jesus fought non. They were all destined by God almighty to live like that.
I was thought about the brutality of the both prophets of Allah by a Teacher in Islam. I was told he condemned all sorts of brutality, the modern bible just want to tarnish his image as that verse about Jesus and the sword was probably written by someone who knows nothing about him in totality. Even if it was compiled as been written by one of his closest disciplines, it was compiled by a pagan. The modern bible is far beyond what any righteous man on earth should believe. Everything is wrong about it.
I'm not advocating Quran because only those who God opens their mind will agree with the truth. The modern day bible is totally wrong, Quote me anytime!

Thank you so much! I keep trying to tell people that. Constantine really did a number on Christians, and all this confusion just to further his political career and establish his authority as supreme emperor!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by firstking01(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Brightology2:
Certes
mucha graciasgrin
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Mavrick2012: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:
ohh do i need to remind u that u christians ve been insulting my beloved prophet since time immemorial

and those christians who "insulted" your "beloved prophet" lived in peace?please sir,am not a "christian".
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by promisechuks: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
Khd95:

two swords of what?

If jesus was actually violent then, he wouldn't be labelled as SINLESS.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
difakozigi:
you are not far from the truth, step by step God will pluck you out and adopt you among His sons.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by ayodara77(f): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
difakozigi:
I stopped believing the present day bible since yesterday. Quran made it known that the real injil(bible) was revealed to Jesus(a.s).
Jesus knew nothing about the present day bible, he didn't even used it. Apostle Paul never met with Jesus(a.s) all through his life but he wrote some part of the present day bible. A pagan(forgotten his name) compiled the present day bible.
Nothing from the bible is true, not even it's common grounds with Quran. Everything is adulterated.
The book of Enoch is missing in the bible, who knows if Enoch might have said the truth. I used to be a believer of some parts of the bible but not anymore.
Quote me pls!

my dear brother and everybody that has been arguing back and fort to defend Christ, it actually goes beyond argument, Christianity is real, it works its life, its powerful, as long as d devil still exist christianity is d antidote, d solution, d neutraliser of every satanic onslaught which every human being will experience at one point or d other in life, d only clause is being able to be in d same frequency with God and dis only come by intimacy with Him on daily basis, anyone can prove for himself that christianity works, I used to be a Muslim till my adult and i know d difference. try Christianity for yourself, d blood of a sinless son of God is superior to dat of ram any day. Rom8:32,
Rev12:11

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Rexyl(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2016
some arguments here are borne out of ignorance. Many were just finding a way to defend and live in ignorance, they want to avoid God so that they can follow after lusts and fulfill unrighteousness.

Scripture can't be understood by reading it partly. If you are trying to express your thought about a story or an event you must read everything from the beginning for proper understanding.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The scripture according to Christian faith is meant to liberate minds from moral and spiritual darkness, help people about matter of holiness and righteousness, show people the will and way of God.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.