Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (42209 Views)

Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by femi4: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
if all this had been planned and cooked up by God, then why are christians blaming Judas for His death, they should thank and appreciate Judas just as they did to Mary because without d two of them, jesus birth and death will totally be impossible
Actually some people presented themselves to be use to fulfil prophesies. Judas did because of the love for money.

Joseph's brothers help in making his dream a reality by selling him to Egypt.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
femi4:
yes, you are correct, it wasn't easy but it was worth it.

He was obedient even to the point of death

God started the idea if Sin and iniquity, said we are continually wicked in our heart and acknowledge it was his fault.
Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
KJV

Decided to send us to hell for sinning which was his fault

Who is threatening to impose this eternal torment? The very same God. Jesus, in effect, became a victim of his own judgment when dying on the cross in penal substitution, a blood ritual which Jesus offered to himself so that himself could forgive the sin, a concept created by himself.
Suppose, by analogy, that a stranger pulls a gun on you and says, "Your money or your life." Would this gunman deserve praise and worship if, after putting a gun to your head, he decided to spare your life? No, because he was merely removing the threat that he himself had imposed upon you.
Yet God is viewed as merciful because he saves a minority of human beings, the Christian believers, from his own hideous tortures imposed upon humanity.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Brightology2(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Certes
firstking01:
grace would make it easy cool
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

I really hate to acure. You really didn't read it. Just believing what your pastor and parents said.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
That was God's word. But now.in book of revelation

Revelation 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

What will you call that. Love?

You don't seem to understand what the word "GOD" means. For your info, HE IS ABLE TO DO MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER THINK OR IMAGINE - including REVERSING what He said or JUSTIFYING the WICKED - He does not need your approval or my approval to be GOD. He was, is, and always will be GOD all by HIMSELF. So get that straigth, and fear HIM.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Chukazu: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
telling a woman that she is a dog, and food meant for childdren is not meant for her and the woman even has to beg for crumps. racism and human-slavery-approval. mattew 15:26

read btw "the lines"
the letter kills but the spirit gives life
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

You don't seem to understand what the word "GOD" means. For your info, HE IS ABLE TO DO MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER THINK OR IMAGINE - including REVERSING what He said or JUSTIFYING the WICKED - He does not need your approval or my approval to be GOD. He was, is, and always will be GOD all by HIMSELF. So get that straigth, and fear HIM.

You really didn't read that nor did you understand what you read. He said he cannot lie nor change even if heaven and earth pass away. He just lie. Don't defend him.
Reveresing what he said?. What if at the end and he reverse those that will make heaven/ abundant life. Since he has all the right.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Bonapart:
mumu, wasn't a physical sword hediot
ijot,so peter used spriritual sword to cut some1's ear abigrin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

You see. I need not worry. At the end he will reverse his word and we all will make heaven.
Its a simple hack and its really cool.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

You see. I need not worry. At the end he will reverse his word and we all will make heaven.
Its a simple hack and its really cool.

Taking HIM for granted is probably one of the worst things you can do to yourself. But it's your choice to make. However, while GOD may not turn against you when you choose to ignore HIM, HE will most likely NOT be for you as well. And when GOD is NOT for you, anything and everything can be against you. And again, while GOD is Agape (what the English language try to interprete with the popular emotional label known as "love"wink HE is also a CONSUMING FIRE, thus as Paul of Tarsus rightly said, "it's a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God".

Why? Because HE kills and He makes alive.
He will have mercy on whom He will have mercey.
And He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion.

But you don't want to test HIS will to kill.

So taking His mercy and comapassion for granted is a super fine recipe for disaster.
If you see Judas or King Saul ask them.

Fear God the Almighty.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Bonapart(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
ijot,so peter used spriritual sword to cut some1's ear abigrin
what did Jesus tell him after he struck the man's ear?
Okpe
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by ogaprime(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
telling a woman that she is a dog, and food meant for childdren is not meant for her and the woman even has to beg for crumps. racism and human-slavery-approval. mattew 15:26

You just want to talk shaaa, sey you talk. Na nonsense you talk oo. Did you read de verse? Do you understand what happened there. You don't pick a verse and start talking rubbish. Do you bother to know where the story started from?? And so sugormus dey like your nonsense post. Na wa ooo
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Bonapart:
what did Jesus tell him after he struck the man's ear?
Okpe
why did jesus allow peter to carry sword in d first placesad

onuragrin
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Harrisonwo(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
was only suggesting the needful for u to do instaed of ranting!

Like seriously dude, park well or better still....go sit down for soak away
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

Taking HIM for granted is probably one of the worst things you can do to yourself. But it's your choice to make. However, while GOD may not turn against you when you choose to ignore HIM, HE will most likely NOT be for you as well. And when GOD is NOT for you, anything and everything can be against you. And again, while GOD is Agape (what the English language try to interprete with the popular emotional label known as "love"wink HE is also a CONSUMING FIRE, thus as Paul of Tarsus rightly said, "it's a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God".

Why? Because HE kills and He makes alive.
He will have mercy on whom He will have mercey.
And He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion.

But you don't want to test HIS will to kill.

So taking His mercy and comapassion for granted is a super fine recipe for disaster.
If you see Judas or King Saul ask them.

Fear God the Almighty.
You need not worry, it's my cross. But you Neva made attempt to address any of my question, you kept saying what your parents and pastor passed down to you. Don't worry. God will have a whole lot of problem proving to people what he really want on that last day. Your idea of a reversing God, a constant God who cannot change, so many of them.
His word is just verge and open to interpretations
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

God started the idea if Sin and iniquity, said we are continually wicked in our heart and acknowledge it was his fault.
Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
KJV

Decided to send us to hell for sinning which was his fault

Who is threatening to impose this eternal torment? The very same God. Jesus, in effect, became a victim of his own judgment when dying on the cross in penal substitution, a blood ritual which Jesus offered to himself so that himself could forgive the sin, a concept created by himself.
Suppose, by analogy, that a stranger pulls a gun on you and says, "Your money or your life." Would this gunman deserve praise and worship if, after putting a gun to your head, he decided to spare your life? No, because he was merely removing the threat that he himself had imposed upon you.
Yet God is viewed as merciful because he saves a minority of human beings, the Christian believers, from his own hideous tortures imposed upon humanity.

Your Logic is flawed.

1. God did not assume responsibility for our sinfulness anywhere in the Bible.

2. Humans are 100% responsible for their sins because each one of us has a free will and absolute liberty to exercise it in choice making. Thus choosing evil over good (or the other way round) is entirely your shot.

3. Jesus (even though by nature GOD) did NOT die on the cross as GOD but as a full blooded man. And that was after being tempted in everyway imaginable and yet was found without even a sungle indictment of sin. Thus HIS ABSOLUTE RIGHTEOUSNESS (COUPLED WITH HIS ZERO INHERITANCE OF SIN because He was conceived of the Word and the Spirit of the Holy God) qualified him (the blameless man) to carry ALL the sins and guilt of the GUILTY world (including yours) thus our condemnation in all facets of life was mated out on HIM - the man JESUS. And in due season, when the demand of justice was met in his agonizing death and suffering, JEHOVAH by HIS INFINITE POWER brought HIM forth from death and elavated him above all authorities and names both now and in all ages forever.

4. Now God says, since through the sin of one man (Adam) the whole human race became guilty in the sight of justice, so also, through the PERFECT righteousness of one man (Jesus) all that believe is set free fron the tiranny, debt and condemnation of sin.

5. Point is, the Perfect one had paid for your sin, and has now issued you the cheque of eternal righteousness and liberty, but NOT in violation of your free will. The question is why do you choose to reject the offer, and continue in disobidience to heavenly law just like Adam did?

5 The sad thing is that there's no more excuse if you or anyone alse CHOOSES to continue to reject Christ's FREE gift of righteosness.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sword here means the Word of God or Truth from God.
Khd95:
Sell ur garments to buy swords

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

You need not worry, it's my cross. But you Neva made attempt to address any of my question, you kept saying what your parents and pastor passed down to you. Don't worry. God will have a whole lot of problem proving to people what he really want on that last day. Your idea of a reversing God, a constant God who cannot change, so many of them.
His word is just verge and open to interpretations

Until you fully understand that God is too big for you to understand fully, you will keep having problems with the Bible. The fact is that even in eternity and at the renewal of all things, each one of us willl still need a high dose faith to be able to walk with God, so suggests the BOOK.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by erusen: 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bible > Luke > Chapter 19 > Verse 27
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
I didn't want to respond because the bible skeptics here were too ignorant for my liking,I want to respond to you though-read the entire chapter and come and modify your ignorance, who said the statement in Jesus's parable.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by erusen: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
could u pls help us with d verse pls! For ur info there is no mention of d word BIBLE anywhere in d bible! The word bible is an invention of men!
read the whole armour of God in Ephesians chapter 6:12-19
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Geulink: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
Sell ur garments to buy swords

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

When you talk about sword, it means the word of God (the gospel). So sell whatever you have and follow me. It is only the sword that can help us in this trying that because it is able to pierce through the heart and console and revive souls. Please read the word with understanding
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by patrickkkk: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
why did jesus allow peter to carry sword in d first placesad

onuragrin

I don't know bros, maybe u fit help ask jesus himself.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Mavrick2012: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Silsilah:

I think you should read the verse again
khd95,why did you reply with this your second moniker?mistake?.muslims! always forming to know the bible more than the pope,yet they know relatively little about their koran,written in arabic.lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:
Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
· Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
· No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1:11, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
I did not see this.

Jesus was the legal son of Joseph but not the biological son of Joseph. By bloodline Jesus bypass the curse.

By the virtue of the marriage of Joseph to Mary, Jesus become the LEGAL son of Joseph, so he inherited the throne of David and bypass the curse of Jeconiah.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mavrick2012:
khd95,why did you reply with this your second moniker?mistake?.muslims! always forming to know the bible more than the pope,yet they know relatively little about their koran,written in arabic.lol
Who is khd95 Bros, park well if you don't want to engage in discuss.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mavrick2012:
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Mavrick2012: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
Silsilah:
hahaha,BUSTED!!bros khd95,this is nairaland,multiple id is allowed.loooooool.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Temysteve(m): 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
iliyande:
The teachings of Jesus were some of the most revolutionary ideas people heard during that time, not always because they were pleasant and easy to follow. Sometimes it was also because of the challenge it posed to those who thought they were "holy" enough for heaven already.

Here are five of some of the most challenging teachings Jesus gave to the disciples and to us today, that give us a bigger perspective of what it is to live in Him.

Be a slave

In Mark 10:44, Jesus said, "and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all." How often must leaders wish that they could just kick back and relax while they let others do all the hard work, but Jesus made it clear that leadership not just a privilege, but a privilege to serve others beyond what the world measures.

Forgive one another at all times

When people truly appreciate how gracious the Lord has been in canceling our sinful debt through Christ’s pardon only then can we understand the reason for forgiving those who sin against us.

Failure to forgive another person from our heart is essential if we expect the Lord to continue to forgive us and remain in fellowship with Him. Consider the dangers of failing to forgive other people.

When Peter, in Matthew 18, tried to show off by through a rhetorical question at Jesus and implying that he can forgive as many as seven times (when Jewish law would only allow up to three offences before someone could raise complaints), Jesus revolutionised forgiving by commanding His followers to forgive as many as times possible. Although forgiveness and trust are two different things, it is still hard to lay aside all bitterness to follow Jesus commands sometimes.

Consider what would happen if God chose not to forgive your sins.

Don't worry

Jesus commands us in Matthew 6:25, "...do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear." Oh. but how we love to worry. Whether you've been a Christian for a long time or for just a short period, at one point or another you may have experienced the clutch of worry. God makes it clear, however, not to worry and trust in our own strength, but to trust in His goodness and strength at all times.

Riches will distract you

One day, a young rich ruler comes to Jesus and asks Him what He must to to inherit eternal life. Jesus challenges him to let go of all his riches, but the young ruler couldn't do it. It's not that Jesus has anything against rich people, but the riches of this world can often blind us from the true essence of a relationship with God.

Judge not

No one likes being judged, and the Bible gives us one way to avoid judgment from others. Jesus warned us in Matthew 7:1 saying, "Judge not, that you be not judged." As easy as that may sound, often it can be much easier to semi-automatically pass on judgment. But God promises that by His enabling grace, we can say no to acting in hate and extending compassion and understanding.

pray without season
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
I did not see this.

Jesus was the legal son of Joseph but not the biological son of Joseph. By bloodline Jesus bypass the curse.

By the virtue of the marriage of Joseph to Mary, Jesus become the LEGAL son of Joseph, so he inherited the throne of David and bypass the curse of Jeconiah.
Legal or adopted? Remember he was conceived of the holy spirit. In any way, Joseph is a descendant of Jehoiakim according to the passage who is curse. In any case, Jesus is cursed and has no right to the throne of David.

In fact you should know the two passages are saying different things. Probably, the Holy spirit was confused or just forgot what he said previous.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mavrick2012:
hahaha,BUSTED!!bros khd95,this is nairaland,multiple id is allowed.loooooool.
u had better treat ur sef of yellow fever,dnt know what ya talking bout

wanted to ignore ur claim b4,but i ve got to respond,for ur info iam a proud muslim,nd i love jesus for who he is,not what impostor paul said he issmiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
Fool read it well...dats not wat its written... ode
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

Legal or adopted? Remember he was conceived of the holy spirit. In any way, Joseph is a descendant of Jehoiakim according to the passage who is curse. In any case, Jesus is cursed and has no right to the throne of David.

In fact you should know the two passages are saying different things. Probably, the Holy spirit was confused or just forgot what he said previous.
are you a student ? Do you know the meaning , when they say you are not in the same bloodline ? What about adopted sons ?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
are you a student ? Do you know the meaning , when they say you are not in the same bloodline ? What about adopted sons ?
Legal could as well mean adopted but not biological son.
What really make it hard is, Jesus is not the biological son of Joseph and the bible Neva said he was legally adopted by Joseph. So whose son is he and what gives him claim to throne of David?
Even if you say the adoption was implied, Joseph being the descendant of Jehoiakim invalidate his claim, since Jehoiakim and all his descendant where cursed by God.

Matthew 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

1 Chronicles 3:16 And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.

Jeremiah 36:30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.

Matthew and Luke dept confusing the ancestor of Joseph (Solomon (Matthew 1:6) Nathan(Luke3:31)) the actually father of Joseph (Jacob (Matthew 1:16) Hell (Luke 3:23))

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Bishop Daniel Obinim Sells Coronavirus 'Holy Oil' To Church Members For N13k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.