Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (42204 Views)

Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kirigidi:
D "sword" our Lord JESUS CHRIST referrd to in dat passage was likely not a "physical sword" but rather a "spiritual sword". Dat explaind why our Lord JESUS cautiond Peter to draw back his sword when Peter in a moment of self-defence choppd off ear of one of d guards who came to arrest JESUS. Peter probably misundastood JESUS' mention of "sword" to mean a "physical sword" instead of a "spiritual sword"! Even Ephesians 6:10-18 educates us dat "d weapon of our warfare is spiritual", nd we (Christians) shuld put on d full armor of GOD to b able to stand against d schemes of d devil. Ephesians 6:17 specificaly explains dat d "Word of GOD" is d "sword of d Spirit" nd helmet of salvation.
Bros, in as much as I wish to understand your post, I became more confuse. Please, can someone use physical money to buy "spiritual sword"? Please elucidate
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by herald9: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
mosho2good:
wish Jesus didn't create xhristian
No no no.

If Jesus didn't reform the old Judaism and turn it to Christianity, I wonder between them and Muslims who for lob bombs pass.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mavrick2012:
no,peter was not with sword.the sword belong to one of the soldiers who came to arrest jesus.please ask your christian neighbour for a copy of the bible and read that place again.asalam.lol
I think you should read the verse again

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
what is the meaning of parable ?
Everytin that does not favour u guys is parable! But when he talked about the coming of the comforted wherein he mention the spirit of truth, u guys said he was not speaking in parables!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Everytin that does not favour u guys is parable! But when he talked about the coming of the comforted wherein he mention the spirit of truth, u guys said he was not speaking in parables!
The Parable of the Ten Minas
11 While they were listening to this, he
went on to tell them a parable, because
he was near Jerusalem and the people
thought that the kingdom of God was
going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A
man of noble birth went to a distant
country to have himself appointed king
and then to return. 13 So he called ten of
his servants and gave them ten minas.[a]
‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I
come back.’
14 “But his subjects hated him and sent
a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t
want this man to be our king.’
15 “He was made king, however, and
returned home. Then he sent for the
servants to whom he had given the
money, in order to find out what they
had gained with it.
16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your
mina has earned ten more.’
17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his
master replied. ‘Because you have been
trustworthy in a very small matter, take
charge of ten cities.’
18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your
mina has earned five more.’
19 “His master answered, ‘You take
charge of five cities.’
20 “Then another servant came and said,
‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid
away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid
of you, because you are a hard man. You
take out what you did not put in and
reap what you did not sow.’
22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you
by your own words, you wicked servant!
You knew, did you, that I am a hard man,
taking out what I did not put in, and
reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then
didn’t you put my money on deposit, so
that when I came back, I could have
collected it with interest?’
24 “Then he said to those standing by,
‘Take his mina away from him and give it
to the one who has ten minas.’
25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to
everyone who has, more will be given,
but as for the one who has nothing, even
what they have will be taken away. 27
But those enemies of mine who did not
want me to be king over them—bring
them here and kill them in front of me.’”
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Obaradikegwu(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
Sell ur garments to buy swords

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

Buy a sword... *thats a parable, read further, when the disciples responded by saying they had two swords, Jesus said " that's Enough" meaning, he was disappointed they didn't understand him...
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
Obaradikegwu:
Buy a sword... *thats a parable, read further, when the disciples responded by saying they had two swords, Jesus said " that's Enough" meaning, he was disappointed they didn't understand him...
they didnt understand him,its u dat now understand jesus' ''parable''cheesy
i cut cap for u ooo

look,those disciples were in d heat of d whole prosecution,they ve first hand understanding of everything,who ever told u jesus statement means he was disappointed,has scammed u real time

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Harrisonwo(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
In as much as one has to be careful about religious talks cos of the tension. I believe the mods have to step in to caution some peeps. If u don't understand anything, the bible/quaran is there for u to read and meet someone to explain.
Some PEEPS(they know themselves) are anti-christians. They are MUSLIMS and trying to make mockery of the christian faithfuls but dare insult their MOHAMEED and you will see how they react.

Though we all know that he is the reason why islam is the way it is to the world, JIHADIST, calling. Non muslims INFIDELS, and asking the rich to sponsor jihad in. Exchange for their paradise.
I have gone through the quran and I won't be tempted to start quoting the surahs where it is written before this trend turns to another thing
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
campusflavour:
he also said tha the sword is the bible , with which u fight devil
could u pls help us with d verse pls! For ur info there is no mention of d word BIBLE anywhere in d bible! The word bible is an invention of men!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by praxisnetworks: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
freecocoa:
Jesus never serious with that riches comment.
Freecocoa how did you go about the two men locking each other up because of you?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by menxer: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
iliyande:

Failure to forgive another person from our heart is essential if we expect the Lord to continue to forgive us and remain in fellowship with Him. Consider the dangers of failing to forgive other people.

What are you trying to say?

"Consider what would happen if God chose not to forgive your sins."
The forgiving or not forgiving God is the creation of man.

"God" has no hand in that because it is human to forgive implying holding or bear grudge against someone.

If your God forgives then he/it is not fit to be God but Man.

PS :
I withdraw my above comments because if my definition of God is at variance with others' it does not mean either is wrong, based on our spiritual perspective.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by somegirl1: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bible > Luke > Chapter 19 > Verse 27
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

The Parable of the Ten Minas
11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26 “He (the master) replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Obaradikegwu:
So why didn't he tell those who said they already had swords to throw away their swords?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Harrisonwo:
In as much as one has to be careful about religious talks cos of the tension. I believe the mods have to step in to caution some peeps. If u don't understand anything, the bible/quaran is there for u to read and meet someone to explain.
Some PEEPS(they know themselves) are anti-christians. They are MUSLIMS and trying to make mockery of the christian faithfuls but dare insult their MOHAMEED and you will see how they react.

Though we all know that he is the reason why islam is the way it is to the world, JIHADIST, calling. Non muslims INFIDELS, and asking the rich to sponsor jihad in. Exchange for their paradise.
I have gone through the quran and I won't be tempted to start quoting the surahs where it is written before this trend turns to another thing
Could u show where sombdy has insulted anybdy's religion here? If any person insults simple mention d person's post and refer it to d mods!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Harrisonwo(m): 5:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Could u show where sombdy has insulted anybdy's religion here? If any person insults simple mention d person's post and refer it to d mods!

Did I call anybody's name?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Bonapart(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

mumu, wasn't a physical sword hediot
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Dopeluiz(m): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:

Swords was an expression. He meant to say 'word of God' Jesus himsef is the Word of God
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Brightology2(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lolz i tink king james et all need to rewrite dat chapter
firstking01:
If dem slap u for one cheek, turn the other side for the person...i love this one cos, na where the real christianity dey be this cool
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
Harrisonwo:

Did I call anybody's name?
was only suggesting the needful for u to do instaed of ranting!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by firstking01(m): 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
Brightology2:
yep it's in the king james version and in all the version...it was actually a statement made by jesus christ of nazareth...untiL your christianity gets to that level, ur just like the scribes and pharisees.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by firstking01(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
Brightology2:
yep it's in the king james version and in all the version...it was actually a statement made by jesus christ of nazareth...untiL your christianity gets to that level, ur just like the scribes and pharisees.....
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by drwebs: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
telling a woman that she is a dog, and food meant for childdren is not meant for her and the woman even has to beg for crumps. racism and human-slavery-approval. mattew 15:26

pray to God to open your spirit to understand the Bible before you read it, if not you'll be reading it like a news paper.

This parable was talking about the healing power of Jesus Christ. Jesus started His Healing with the Children of God (those chosen by him to inherit the blessing ie Israel) but this lady was an outcast (so to speak) but needed Jesus to heal her daughter.

So Jesus simply told to her, that healing belongs to the children of God in that parable.

However, the woman exercised her faith by saying nothing was impossible for Jesus to do, by saying that her daughter, though an outcast, can still benefit from the healing after the children of God have been healed.

Jesus also responded to her faith and her daughter got healed.

Don't see anything slavery about that. It's like attending to your family needs before others.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

Did I here you say inherit? The Lord Jesus Christ is not just The King of Kings by the virture of the Father's ordination and appointment. No. Jesus obtained His eternal THRONE as the Lord of ALL creation by the virtue of his conquest. He conquered the usuper - the devil, that old serpent, the father of all lies, deception and intrigue, who paraded himself as the god of the ages - Jesus deafeated him in his crannies, made an open show of it, and it is NOW written that "ALL THE RIGHTS (and abilities) TO RULE, BOTH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM (The Lord Jesus Christ).

See:
Mat 28:18
Col 2:6-17
Isa 9:7

Did you read those verses? No you didn't.
Jesus is believed to succeed David in his throne but in heaven but from a blood line cursed by God according to Jeremiah 30:36.
There are so many like it in the bible. Confusion and discrepancies.
You van read more here: http://www.answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:

Did you read those verses? No you didn't.
Jesus is believed to succeed David in his throne but in heaven but from a blood line cursed by God according to Jeremiah 30:36.
There are so many like it in the bible. Confusion and discrepancies.
You van read more here: http:///FuZJ1R

No the Bible does not contradict itself, and our God is not the author of confusion. If anything, it's our unserstanding of the scriptures that needs to be stregthened out.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Santi222(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
And when Peter took up sword to defend Jesus when he cut the ear of Jesus enemy, Jesus condemned the act of peter.

Modified.
I know this thread will never reach front page. https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

There are differences between
Christianity and religion, Many are
GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING
DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE.
Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT
WITH GOD.
Religion is DOING while Christianity is
DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it
is finished" The work of our salvation was
FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and
COMPLETED. A religious man may be
likened as a man who try to swim from
river kaduna to niger by his own
strength, he will never make it. But the
man who is save by faith is likened to be
a man who get on a ship, hoping it will
take him to his destination. This man
simply rests upon the ship and lets the
ship do all the work.
THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN
RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I
must do. I must somehow earn or gain
salvation by the way I live."
CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something
only God can do. Salvation is of the
LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).
2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in
one word: DO--man trying to DO different
things to please God and earn His favor.
CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up
in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the
cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).
3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.
CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not
working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon
the finished work of Another. Although
he must beware (1 peter 5:
4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to
BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human
effort, good works, ritualism,
traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).
CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ
BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of
what He did for us on the cross, NOT by
our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).
5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in
the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they
that are in the FLESH cannot please
God" .
CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in
the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without
faith it is impossible to please him: for he
that cometh to God must believe that he
is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him" .
6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking
to establish his own righteousness by
ignoring the way of the righteousness of
God (Rom. 10:3).
CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied
with the perfect righteousness of Jesus
Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam
and Eve made for themselves--a terrible
covering (Gen. 3:7).
CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God
provided by way of the shedding of
BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).
8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to
God the labour of my own hands" (Gen.
4:3).
CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to
God a blood sacrifice. An innocent
substitute must die to save me" (Gen.
4:4).
Good works done by sinful man can
never please a holy God. The greatest
good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished
by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on
the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus
we are not saved by good works but we
are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works, which God hath before
ordained that we should walk in
them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God
which worketh in you both to will and to
do of his good pleasure" (Philippians
2:13).
Are you resting fully in the finished work
of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ,
WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR
YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS
WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved,
all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).

Eye opening
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Brightology2(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mmmmm but is not easy shall
firstking01:
yep it's in the king james version and in all the version...it was actually a statement made by jesus christ of nazareth...untiL your christianity gets to that level, ur just like the scribes and pharisees.....
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Peritus(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
modified:
hahajahahahah abeg see convenant son, and follower if new law. So u mean the old Jesus laws are fake? Eyaaaaaa
It's above your understanding bro. Did I mention new and old Jesus?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Halleluyah54(m): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Since the creation of man began there are non be one made perfect like Jesus Christ.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

No the Bible does not contradict itself, and our God is not the author of confusion. If anything, it's our unserstanding of the scriptures that needs to be stregthened out.
I really hate to acure. You really didn't read it. Just believing what your pastor and parents said.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
That was God's word. But now.in book of revelation

Revelation 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

What will you call that. Love?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by femi4: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
are u saying jesus dieing on d cross was not his will,but the will of he who sent him

No wonder mr jesus was relunctant to die,he continously cried on d cross,saying he has been forsakensad
yes, you are correct, it wasn't easy but it was worth it.

He was obedient even to the point of death
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Fran6ik: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
And when Peter took up sword to defend Jesus when he cut the ear of Jesus enemy, Jesus condemned the act of peter.

Modified.
I know this thread will never reach front page. https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

There are differences between
Christianity and religion, Many are
GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING
DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE.
Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT
WITH GOD.
Religion is DOING while Christianity is
DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it
is finished" The work of our salvation was
FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and
COMPLETED. A religious man may be
likened as a man who try to swim from
river kaduna to niger by his own
strength, he will never make it. But the
man who is save by faith is likened to be
a man who get on a ship, hoping it will
take him to his destination. This man
simply rests upon the ship and lets the
ship do all the work.
THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN
RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I
must do. I must somehow earn or gain
salvation by the way I live."
CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something
only God can do. Salvation is of the
LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).
2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in
one word: DO--man trying to DO different
things to please God and earn His favor.
CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up
in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the
cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).
3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.
CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not
working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon
the finished work of Another. Although
he must beware (1 peter 5:
4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to
BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human
effort, good works, ritualism,
traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).
CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ
BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of
what He did for us on the cross, NOT by
our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).
5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in
the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they
that are in the FLESH cannot please
God" .
CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in
the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without
faith it is impossible to please him: for he
that cometh to God must believe that he
is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him" .
6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking
to establish his own righteousness by
ignoring the way of the righteousness of
God (Rom. 10:3).
CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied
with the perfect righteousness of Jesus
Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam
and Eve made for themselves--a terrible
covering (Gen. 3:7).
CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God
provided by way of the shedding of
BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).
8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to
God the labour of my own hands" (Gen.
4:3).
CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to
God a blood sacrifice. An innocent
substitute must die to save me" (Gen.
4:4).
Good works done by sinful man can
never please a holy God. The greatest
good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished
by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on
the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus
we are not saved by good works but we
are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works, which God hath before
ordained that we should walk in
them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God
which worketh in you both to will and to
do of his good pleasure" (Philippians
2:13).
Are you resting fully in the finished work
of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ,
WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR
YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS
WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved,
all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).

this is all you are prone to say when your church shuns the words and teachings of Jesus CARRY YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW ME. of Jesus and STRONGLY MISINTERPRETS the letters of the apostles. Paulstian or Christian i dont knw which u are @Same believe pentecostals
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by firstking01(m): 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Brightology2:
Mmmmm but is not easy shall
grace would make it easy cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Bishop Daniel Obinim Sells Coronavirus 'Holy Oil' To Church Members For N13k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.