Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E (30049 Views)

"Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana / Dollar Fall: Yemi Osinbajo Should Teach Buhari His Magic - Sen Ben Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 12:05am On Feb 15, 2016
So much bile on this thread

But wait, why are some set of pple still this pained? I thought we were practicing democracy. Why the hatred against some pple just because they decided not to vote a particular candidate. AS MUCH AS I SEE THE MAN WHO SAID THIS THRASH AS FOOLISH,u can't help but get annoyed at times when some pple start insulting ur tribe just because they made their choice.

Yorubas championed GEJ's case wen Yaradua was sick, they supported Jonathan in 2011. why the bile now that they feel he isn't the best option?

Note that we aren't begging for anyone's support, wen we get to the bridge, we'll definitely know how to cross it

2 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by sunkieisland(m): 12:09am On Feb 15, 2016
I appreciate the comment of the this El-Badawwy person and as a person from the Yoruba race, I couldn't agree more but

Nigeria is a nation of many ethnic groups, the South-West ruled for 8 years, then the North ruled for about two years before the South-South ruled for six years. Now the North has the opportunity to complete their term, so after Buhari finishes his tenure, I'm of the opinion that for the sake of unity and of one Nigeria, the South-East should produce at least one president. It's only fair that this Not-so-nascent democracy should benefit all the major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The position of president is Not the birthright of a few ethnic groups.

#JustSaying

4 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Ovamboland(m): 12:17am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

****.read my analysis. If not for SS and SE supporting Obasanjo, he would not have been elected and reelected.If not for SS and SE supporting MKO Abiola, he would not have won June 12 election. Had Tofa ...Northern rival to Abiola won SE and SS, something IBB was hoping, he would have ruled this country. IBB would have handed over to him but not Abiola.

Quick correction, SE voted against Abiola and most votes went to Tofa, we know you can never stand anything Yoruba so you can never be counted on.

2 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2016
emmykk:
SS and SE has 11 states while SW has 6 states.

Whenever the power is coming south by 8 or 12 years time,8 if GMB return or 12 if another northern takes over from buhari.
it is only natural and peaceful it go SE,since ss and sW had produce president in recent memory,but should the party in power then decides to give a south western the other 11 states have no option but to support a northern again.

So most likely we will always have a northern president forever,until south unite.

For ss and se has suddenly united because of the BETRAYAL instint of sw.

And a norther candidate with 11 state backing from south is a bomb.

It is this betrayal I don't like to hear. Did we sign any contract? It wasn't betrayal in 2011 against Buhari abi?
It wasn't betrayal when azikwe teamed up with balewa, it wasn't betrayal wen ekwueme teamed up with shagari against a awolowo abi??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Ovamboland(m): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

That's what I'm trying to explain to you, If a Northerner runs, he will win if at least SW or SE/SS supports him. Meaning, his Northern vote block is already assured but he needs one of either SS/SE or SW. Example... Buhari comes to mind. Buhari would have lost had GEJ won SW with larger margin. Now with a Southerner running, HE CAN NEVER WIN WITHOUT SS AND SE. Osinbajo can never win without SS and SE because even if SW voted him 100%, he can never secure more 30% of northern vote block because the Northerner PDP will adopt will take at least 70% and with SE and SS voting for him, he will win with landslide. That's my point!

You quickly forget that MKO Abiola won most Northern states against Tofa, he even won Tofa in his own state Kano, keep playing politics that will always leave you with the short end of the stick.

3 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 12:41am On Feb 15, 2016
AyoolaIgwe:

lolzzzzz... u are an ignorant boy. In 2011, Buhari won d majority of d total votes cast in d northern region made up of 19 states. He got a little above 12 million votes from his "brothers". Jonathan got not LESS (I guess u meant to write MORE) Dan 40% from d north plus d majority of d votes from SW + 99.9% of d votes from d SS/SE.
>>Go & check INEC website for d results since 2011. Buhari won d north in 2011(source INEC). It repeated itself in 2015. The implication is dat d north had always being voting along ethnic lines. DON'T SAY THINGS U DON'T KNOW OR CAN'T DEFEND WITH A CREDIBLE SOURCE.
>>>iN FACT, ONE OF D REASONS D SW VOTED FOR BUHARI WAS D VICE PRESIDENTIAL SLOT DAT WAS GIVEN TO DEM.Sambo on d other hand, had little or no political value.
U PPLE SHOULD ONLY SPEAK LIKE PEOPLE WHO WENT TO SCHOOL IN PUBLIC PLACES

Buhari as well picked a sw in 2011, yet got only a paltry support, so what about that

Moreover if sw supported him cos of the VP, why did the se support shagari and balewa (VP ekwueme and azikwe), against awolowo?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by peacengine(m): 1:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Yorubas are slaves and will remain so.

3 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by sweetgala(m): 1:59am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

****.read my analysis. If not for SS and SE supporting Obasanjo, he would not have been elected and reelected.If not for SS and SE supporting MKO Abiola, he would not have won June 12 election. Had Tofa ...Northern rival to Abiola won SE and SS, something IBB was hoping, he would have ruled this country. IBB would have handed over to him but not Abiola.

You are either very young and have no actual memory of events during the MKO Abiola campaign in 1993 and OBJ in 1999 and 2003.

In both cases northerners turned out in masses to vote. Everyone knew who Abiola was, he won in almost every state in Nigeria , OBJ and PMB is the only candidate to have repeated that fear since.

OBJ was already well known to the average man up north, he had the full support of the northern elite , the only place where he lost votes was in the SW due to the AD influence.

2019 /2023 would come and I can see APC winning no matter what northern is put there, if APC do no split into factions due to political desperation, and they keep on the path of good governance and destroying the yoke of ethnic politics I have no reason to doubt that any candidate can win.

Really I was hoping Owelle would contest in 2019/2023 or some other strong, person from the SE who has integrity. They do deserve a shot at the presidency

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:04am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Apart from your "Abiola" reference, your votes did not count in the rest of the "elections". The results were a sham written in the bedrooms of those that control your country. You can't take credit for an achievement that doesn't exist.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by sweetgala(m): 2:05am On Feb 15, 2016
sunkieisland:
I appreciate the comment of the this El-Badawwy person and as a person from the Yoruba race, I couldn't agree more but

Nigeria is a nation of many ethnic groups, the South-West ruled for 8 years, then the North ruled for about two years before the South-South ruled for six years. Now the North has the opportunity to complete their term, so after Buhari finishes his tenure, I'm of the opinion that for the sake of unity and of one Nigeria, the South-East should produce at least one president. It's only fair that this Not-so-nascent democracy should benefit all the major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The position of president is Not the birthright of a few ethnic groups.

#JustSaying

It's not the birth right of any ethnic group, but if a particular group choose to jettison their chances due to ethnic division and lack of political knowledge that is their cross to bear.

Such is the nature of democracy, you have to be voted for and win across the board, and if an SE candidate wants to win a general election he must realise he can never do so by appealing to ethic hatred and sentiment of the SE and SS against the block vote of the north.

Most SS and SE people have never been able to hide their hatred of the North and SW like we are the cause of the problem or that we don't all suffer this Nigerian condition similarly.

If the SE want to win a FG seat they have to drop that bagage and build honest allegiances, I can see many SS and SE politicians floating into APC but I'm yet to see the purpose of their choice be it temporary or long term

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by jamjo: 2:19am On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=blueto post=42919387]

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/14/after-buharis-second-term-osinbajo-should-serve-as-president-for-two-terms-el-badawy/[/quot

I thought Nigeria is a democratic country, People vote to choose their leader ..
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by banio: 3:52am On Feb 15, 2016
B4 bubu will finish his 2nd term our money will be like Zimbabwe tissue money. Already it's #350 to a dollar
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by FisifunKododada: 4:26am On Feb 15, 2016
cool Chai reading these posts makes me realize that Yeeboos are learners. Brain u na no get. Loyalty u na no get. Humility u na no get. Wetin u na go come use build political consensus for naija?

Na to dey beat chest dey shout like person wey dem swear for na dey only thing wey u na sabi be dat. The disappointments wey u na go see for the next 20 years still dey for army barrack dey do push up. Ndi ara grin grin

4 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Djustprince7(m): 4:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Let me prophecy ...I see Osibanjo becoming the president of Nigeria under Buhari's second tenure. Go nd write it down.

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by emmykk(m): 4:55am On Feb 15, 2016
akinyeleaa:

It is this betrayal I don't like to hear. Did we sign any contract? It wasn't betrayal in 2011 against Buhari abi?
It wasn't betrayal when azikwe teamed up with balewa, it wasn't betrayal wen ekwueme teamed up with shagari against a awolowo abi??
in first republic is was parlamentary system of govt and azikiwe was term the beautiful pride because his party was the determine factor then in that system of govt,and his decision to support tafawa balewa was because awo or yoruba told him to go to east and contest when he wanted to contest for a seat from Lagos after fighting off colonial masters.
while he was thinking nigeria is 1 yoruba where already thinking differently,so when he went east and he was the determine factor,is only wise he cant form govt with enemies that are brothers.

On 2nd republic presidential system it was this enemity plus awo factor during the civil war that rub off on ekewenme decision.This made igbo to support shagari.

But the igbos and other nigerians having compensate the yoruba and voted enmass for obj and olu falae that enemity ought to have stop especially when a candidate the yoruba refuses won.

But the betrayal of ss by sw is a fresh renewal of evil political thinking of south western.

Which will keep northerners in power if yoruba throw their hat into the ring when power return.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by emmykk(m): 5:11am On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=jamjo post=42929733][/quote]those are in nation were there is only 1 major group or a dominate major group.

Rotational president is the unifying factor here.

You cannot progress at the expense of others.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Nawa4nl: 5:11am On Feb 15, 2016
Well the west and the north are free to rule Nigeria.
We the south-south and south-east are leaving.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by dsolo(m): 5:30am On Feb 15, 2016
Wailing wailer are you the INEC?
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by billyG(m): 6:13am On Feb 15, 2016
OfoIgbo:
SE and SS voted for OBJ.

Osibanjo, or indeed any other Yoruba will have a herculean task convincing the SE and SS to ever vote for any SWesterner again
Even Fayose or Mimiko may not be able to get it.

On 28th March 2015, things changed, and definitely not to the benefit of SW. Akwa Ibom and Rivers states judgement shoukd be a pointer as to where the south is politically
Yorubas are huge orphans now. They don't know it until they try to run for presidency.

The SE and SS will dust up Sanni Abacha's son and have him run under PDP. The north will always vote for their son
is this all about North or all about party or about Nigeria or about revenge.

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by billyG(m): 6:17am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

That's what I'm trying to explain to you, If a Northerner runs, he will win if at least SW or SE/SS supports him. Meaning, his Northern vote block is already assured but he needs one of either SS/SE or SW. Example... Buhari comes to mind. Buhari would have lost had GEJ won SW with larger margin. Now with a Southerner running, HE CAN NEVER WIN WITHOUT SS AND SE. Osinbajo can never win without SS and SE because even if SW voted him 100%, he can never secure more 30% of northern vote block because the Northerner PDP will adopt will take at least 70% and with SE and SS voting for him, he will win with landslide. That's my point!
Pdp still dey North?with over 30 APC governors reason well bros.

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Lawalemi(m): 6:20am On Feb 15, 2016
bodejohn:
It's just amazing how just one person will sit in a corner of his room and decide what happens to the whole country like he feeds us all or gave us our breath.

How can this talk cross the mind of any sane person? Buhari is less than 10 months gone in a four year term and here is someone already dreaming of a second term.

I see in Nigeria's politics relevancy is everything.

You can imagine that stewpidity. Permutating trash instead of pushing Buhari to deliver on his promises
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Dagoma: 6:34am On Feb 15, 2016
If I may ask El-Badawy, is investigations the only task Buhari was elected to do? ...cause in his argument he have not mentioned anything Buhari`s govt is doing apart from investigations.
Economy is worsening and people are suffering too much. Prices of commodities are almost doubling everyday. Let Buhari allow experts to address things for him cause he cannot be master of all.

My prayer is Buhari should wake up from his confu**ion, talk less and do something reasonable for Nigeria, otherwise APC is in mess.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by OfoIgbo: 6:42am On Feb 15, 2016
VirginFinder:
The SS have had their turn and they did badly.

The ibos cant even be trusted for a split second, not even to act as president like Osinbajo did when PMB was away.

Hence, only Yorubas and northerners can successfully rule this country.

El-Badawy is on point.

You are right on point. The only missing logic that you should add is this... out of the Yorubas and northerners, the SE and SS will only vote for northerners, thus ensuring that only northerners are presidents from now onwards
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by juman(m): 6:44am On Feb 15, 2016
The performance of the apc government is poor, hence it does not deserve another term.

Their government is confused, clueless and lack direction.

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Caseless: 6:57am On Feb 15, 2016
loopman:

In your own dictionary, OBJ was a northerner.
The problem with you people is short memory and you think everyone easily forget like you do.
Northerners will definitely vote a Fashola if he performs relatively well in his current assignment, they don't reason nor play politics of hatred and vengeance like you play, which has brought you to this unenviable political position you are.
knowledge9000 is among those useless kids born in 1996, they know nothing. The cow forgot the north voted an abiola ahead of Tofa , a notherner . They did same in 1999 for obj. Those ibo think everyone has a poor sense of politics like them .

2 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by opey25(m): 6:58am On Feb 15, 2016
Mintek:

Ogbeni you don't know zilch about the north.
The guy you're engaging speaks nothing but the truth.

Osinbajo and APC SHALL be annihilated should a northerner fly the PDP's flag after Buhari.

There's no chance a genuine "Dan Arewa" (northerner) will prefer a "Bayarabe" (Yoruba) to his own kinsman for presidency.

The north is actually shrewd...kudos to them and I assure you they're enjoying the prevailing political atmosphere.

Honestly I don't see a Southerner occupying Aso Rock anytime soon.
they prefer dan arewa yet in 1993 they voted massively for Abiola a yoruba man. Abiola even trounced tofa in kano (tofa's state).
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by Jobneeded12: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:

****you think Osinbajo will win if APC adopted him...yoruba, and PDP adopted a Northerner? You go see sheygey...Northerners only vote fellow Northerners. Worst case northern votes will be split 50/50 like GEJ did in 2011 against Buhari, and plus SE and SS...he won. SW was inconsequential! Same with the Northerner PDP will adopt, he only needs 30% of Northern vote block, and SS and SE. Watch and see!

Mumu ABIOLA TRASHED A NORTHERNER EVEN IN SULTAN OF SOKOTOS OFFICE
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2016
emmykk:
in first republic is was parlamentary system of govt and azikiwe was term the beautiful pride because his party was the determine factor then in that system of govt,and his decision to support tafawa balewa was because awo or yoruba told him to go to east and contest when he wanted to contest for a seat from Lagos after fighting off colonial masters.
while he was thinking nigeria is 1 yoruba where already thinking differently,so when he went east and he was the determine factor,is only wise he cant form govt with enemies that are brothers.

On 2nd republic presidential system it was this enemity plus awo factor during the civil war that rub off on ekewenme decision.This made igbo to support shagari.

But the igbos and other nigerians having compensate the yoruba and voted enmass for obj and olu falae that enemity ought to have stop especially when a candidate the yoruba refuses won.

But the betrayal of ss by sw is a fresh renewal of evil political thinking of south western.

Which will keep northerners in power if yoruba throw their hat into the ring when power return.

Mr, there was nothing like betrayal, did we sign any agreement with you people? Moreover Yorubas voted Jonathan massively in 2011, yet he ignored us, that notwithstanding he still got a sizeable percentage of votes in the sw last year, so why the bile?

1 Like

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by emmykk(m): 7:52am On Feb 15, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Mr, there was nothing like betrayal, did we sign any agreement with you people? Moreover Yorubas voted Jonathan massively in 2011, yet he ignored us, that notwithstanding he still got a sizeable percentage of votes in the sw last year, so why the bile?

you always mention contract and agreement,it it neither a contract nor agreement but it is unwritten agreement.

Like when both APP and PDP presented a yoruba candidate.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by orunto27: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Badawy is bokoharam.
Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 8:04am On Feb 15, 2016
From comments on this thread, I can only but notice how so much Igbos attach importance to themselves, saying since sw didn't support them, they can't lead Nigeria again. Last time I checked, they were are inconsequential as p in psychology. Moreover whoever dem support, na bad luck dem dey give am. Igbos can go to hell with their support

This isn't about hatred, but u can't insult my tribe and expect me to praise you

That badawy man foolish sha, nevertheless.

2 Likes

Re: After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E by akinyeleaa: 8:08am On Feb 15, 2016
emmykk:

you always mention contract and agreement,it it neither a contract nor agreement but it is unwritten agreement.

Like when both APP and PDP presented a yoruba candidate.
Unwritten agreement that Yorubas must support igbos?
Let's even say that's true, how about wen we supported Jonathan in 2010,2011, don't forget he also got sizeable no of votes in 2015 too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

People In Kaduna Celebrating The Return Of Buhari (Photos) / EFCC To Seize Tompolo's Property / Elections: Ohanaeze raises alarm on situations in Lagos, Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.