Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? (18423 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
Joshthefirst:

If he does, its is from a position of counsel, and comfort, to guide me to repentance. My own conscience is enough chastisement.

And you do know there's a difference between chastise and convict right? undecided

Try convincing Ananias and Sapphiras about that. cool
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
oyeludef:

so wat happened in d case of ananias and saphira who lied to d holy spirit? Counsel?

Good question. Let's hope he will answer that. undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
Scholar8200:

Lest we forget, Paul's scathing rebuke to the Galatian and Corinthian churches was INSPIRED!

They will tell you that they were being counselled and comforted. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Image123:

Why would the Holy Spirit tell sinners to repent of sin but refuse to tell believers if they sin?

This is what baffles me. sad
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
TheHarbinger:
I didn't say this.

We are children of God, not sinners. The Holy Spirit doesn't convict or condemn people who have already been saved from condemnation

True. But does the Holy Spirit chastise children of God who have gone into error? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
TheHarbinger:

Judgement. Same thing that happened to Herod when he came against the church with persecutions

Are you now insinuating that God judges His children without convicting them of sin? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
ABDULADINO:

Ananias and saphira were believers. Herod wasn't. I believe God was protecting the infancy stage of the church that's why the Judgement came. Paul said you can deliver such one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh in order to save his spirit.
I am with Joseph prince on this. The Holy Spirit doesn't convict believers.

Which one is worse, being convicted of sin or being judged?
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What did God do to liars like Ananias and Sapphiras? undecided

I once asked, here i think, I asked, did God really kill them? If yes, where was God's mercy in it? What was God trying to prove? Did Peter Pass judgement on them by the authority/annointing he has?

if no, let's discuss.

Again, my assumption has always been that God killed this couple due to their lying to the Holy Spirit. However, and this is a very important point, there is NOT one verse of Scripture that states that God killed them! Please, also note, that Peter didn't kill them either; he never placed any curse upon them!

What killed them then? undecided

Don' t think yourself smart using this as an example of the Holy Spirit convicting Christians...
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
oyeludef:

how contradictory. He doesnt convict but he judges abi?

I don't think they know what they are talking about. Even a secular judge will have to first of all bring the accused under conviction before he can sentence the criminal how much more of the Judge of the whole earth? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
ABDULADINO:

Is convict and Judge one and the same?

No. One comes before the other.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Image123:

Are you Joshthefirst? The Holy Spirit will tell us if we are doing wrong. Why should He tell sinners and not tell us? The Holy Spirit does not condemn sinners BTW. He reproves.

Thanks for pointing that out to them. smiley
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Joagbaje:

What does he tell sinners? Conviction of the holy ghost is about the sin nature and not about the sinners conduct. He makes them see the need for a savior.

The Holy Spirit does not condemn the sinner nor believers it is satan, self and the world that condemns. The moment a Christian begins to work in the flesh the Holy Spirit will point it out in order for him to repent.

Joagbaje:

Of course he corrects and rebuke us except we are bastards .

That is the point. How can He correct and discipline us if He has not pointed out our sins? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The scripture you quoted above says 'if' and not 'when' a man sins. The difference is clear. What John is saying here refers to a specific sin.

don't let me school you on basic grammar

We use if to introduce a possible unreal situation or condition (John knew sin for the Christian was suppose to be an unreal situation). We use when to refer to the time of a future situation or condition that we are certain of:

nothing about specificity. angry

1 John 2:1 is not applicable to those living a sinful lifestyle, it is not a license for sinners to claim.

... do you read what you type at all? undecided

The promises of God in these verses

it was not a promise, it is a FACT! John said WE HAVE not WE WILL HAVE

should keep the true child of God from a life of habitual sin.

undecided undecided undecided
True Child of God? Habitual sin?

1 John 3:9
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

John said they don't deliberately sin, Which one is true child of God and Habitual sin in describing a Christian? undecided

If you are still a fornicator you have not yet repented of your sin and therefore cannot claim this promise.

It was not a promise ooooooooooooooo!

Ola, please, can you explain this to me as you would to a 5 year old

2 Corinthians 5:19 New Living Translation
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

thanks
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
esere826:

Lol
Of course olaa, I wasn't attacking you. I cant stoop to such level.
I was only showing you how texts can be lifted out of context, and misused.
I'm actually surprised that you could not notice my play with words.

This is what I did. I made a full statement, then demonstrated how some folks pick out the sensational bits out of context.

Uhmmm. Come to think of it, if you couldn't notice something so obvious, how can I trust your assessment of more weighty stuff.

If you think the text was taken out of context then tell us how and why the Holy Spirit does not point out sins in a believer?
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by analice107: 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

That is why those who have rejected the truth would easily be taken in by them. cry

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (2 Thess.2:11-12).
My brother, do you know the shocker I got when I was discussing this Joseph Princes' doctrine
of "Once Saved always saved" with one of his adherent?
The guy told me that as a believer there's nothing I can do that can cost me my salvation. Ha. He said the love of God is too deep to allow me loose my salvation. I asked him if its possible for a once saved believer to backslide, he said no. I read him Hebrews 6:4-8 For it is impossible [to restore and bring again to repentance] those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit, And have felt how good the Word of God is and the mighty powers of the age and world to come, If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance—[it is impossible] to bring them back to repentance, for (because, while, as long as) they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh [as far as they are concerned] and are holding [Him] up to contempt and shame and public disgrace. For the soil which has drunk the rain that repeatedly falls upon it and produces vegetation useful to those for whose benefit it is cultivated partakes of a blessing from God. But if [that same soil] persistently bears thorns and thistles, it is considered worthless and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

My emphasis was "Bring them back into repentance", if the believer spoken of here is have repentance, Apostle won't be talking bringing back again'. You can't bring something that was never there back. So, I asked him, base on this, did the person referred to here loose his salvation?
Guess what I was told? "that the book of Hebrews was not written to the church, it was written to the Hebrew Jews. So, it doesn't apply to us as a church. Just like the Epistle to the Romans was written to the Romans. I almost fainted. What. So, there's some part of the Bible that doesn't apply to some people? I can't believe how far people can go to justify heresy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by ABDULADINO(m): 4:25am On Apr 21, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Which one is worse, being convicted of sin or being judged?
Ananias and saphira Judgement was an act of mercy. Mercy triumphs over Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Joagbaje:

What does he tell sinners? Conviction of the holy ghost is about the sin nature and not about the sinners conduct. He makes them see the need for a savior.

Of course he corrects and rebuke us except we are bastards .

Reprove is to convince, to tell a fault. If we have faults, the Holy Spirit should sure tell us if He would be telling sinners. The work of the Holy Spirit brings repentance and a change of life.

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Image123(m): 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

It's true that the Holy Spirit counsels us but we must not forget that He also chastises true children of God. smiley

Of course, even Jo agrees to that
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by vooks: 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you an habitual sinner? Do you continue to live a sinful lifestyle? undecided
Who is a 'habitual sinner'? Define
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by vooks: 3:11pm On May 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is that so? shocked
Negro, ignorance is expensive
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

I once asked, here i think, I asked, did God really kill them? If yes, where was God's mercy in it? What was God trying to prove? Did Peter Pass judgement on them by the authority/annointing he has?

if no, let's discuss.

Again, my assumption has always been that God killed this couple due to their lying to the Holy Spirit. However, and this is a very important point, there is NOT one verse of Scripture that states that God killed them! Please, also note, that Peter didn't kill them either; he never placed any curse upon them!

Don' t think yourself smart using this as an example of the Holy Spirit convicting Christians...

Shall we say it was mercy killing then? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

don't let me school you on basic grammar

We use if to introduce a possible unreal situation or condition (John knew sin for the Christian was suppose to be an unreal situation). We use when to refer to the time of a future situation or condition that we are certain of:

nothing about specificity. angry

It refers to a specific sin and not someone living the lifestyle of sin. Don't confuse us with your semantics.

Gombs:

... do you read what you type at all? undecided

How do you read?

Gombs:

it was not a promise, it is a FACT! John said WE HAVE not WE WILL HAVE

The promises of God in 1 John 1:7 and 9 are conditional on our obedience to them. It is not a licence to sin. These promises should keep us for a lifestyle of sin which is powerful than facts.

Gombs:

undecided undecided undecided
True Child of God? Habitual sin?

1 John 3:9
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

John said they don't deliberately sin, Which one is true child of God and Habitual sin in describing a Christian? undecided

A true child of God is not a slave of sin but of righteousness.

Gombs:

It was not a promise ooooooooooooooo!

Ola, please, can you explain this to me as you would to a 5 year old

2 Corinthians 5:19 New Living Translation
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

thanks

Before you go off on a tangent let me quote the promises in question.

"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

There is no darkness in God if we genuinely walk in His Light and because of this there can be no reason for sin on our part. To truly become a child of God one must genuinely repent, that is, identifying specific sins in our lives (Fornication, witchcraft, hatred, anger etc) and to also come into agreement with God as to their specific sinful character, not just confessing them generally but changing one's mind about them and seeing these sins as God sees them. The blood of Jesus Christ shed on the Cross has been shed to cleanse them and He is faithful to pardon and sanctify us in perfect justice if we believe in these promises.

And as to your request for a 5 year old I would say that the Holy Spirit convinces, convicts, converts, consecrates and commissions us into the ministry of reconciliation. wink
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2016
analice107:

My brother, do you know the shocker I got when I was discussing this Joseph Princes' doctrine
of "Once Saved always saved" with one of his adherent?
The guy told me that as a believer there's nothing I can do that can cost me my salvation. Ha. He said the love of God is too deep to allow me loose my salvation. I asked him if its possible for a once saved believer to backslide, he said no. I read him Hebrews 6:4-8 For it is impossible [to restore and bring again to repentance] those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit, And have felt how good the Word of God is and the mighty powers of the age and world to come, If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance—[it is impossible] to bring them back to repentance, for (because, while, as long as) they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh [as far as they are concerned] and are holding [Him] up to contempt and shame and public disgrace. For the soil which has drunk the rain that repeatedly falls upon it and produces vegetation useful to those for whose benefit it is cultivated partakes of a blessing from God. But if [that same soil] persistently bears thorns and thistles, it is considered worthless and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

My emphasis was "Bring them back into repentance", if the believer spoken of here is have repentance, Apostle won't be talking bringing back again'. You can't bring something that was never there back. So, I asked him, base on this, did the person referred to here loose his salvation?
Guess what I was told? "that the book of Hebrews was not written to the church, it was written to the Hebrew Jews. So, it doesn't apply to us as a church. Just like the Epistle to the Romans was written to the Romans. I almost fainted. What. So, there's some part of the Bible that doesn't apply to some people? I can't believe how far people can go to justify heresy.

That is the heresy folks like Joseph Prince preaches. When Christians no longer believe in the finished work of Christ on the Cross for repentance when they fall there is no other way they could be restored. God blots out names of those who sins from the book of life (Exodus 32:33; Rev.3:5; 22:18-19).
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On May 03, 2016
ABDULADINO:

Ananias and saphira Judgement was an act of mercy. Mercy triumphs over Judgement.

Are you saying it was mercy killing? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2016
Image123:

Reprove is to convince, to tell a fault. If we have faults, the Holy Spirit should sure tell us if He would be telling sinners. The work of the Holy Spirit brings repentance and a change of life.

Valid point. smiley
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2016
Image123:

Of course, even Jo agrees to that

I know but he still equates conviction with condemnation which it is not the case.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2016
vooks:

Who is a 'habitual sinner'? Define

An habitual sinner is a person who is not yet truly born again. He is a person who lives a lifestyle of sin using the promises of God as a license to sin. cool
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
vooks:

Negro, ignorance is expensive

Thanks but no thanks for the information. cool

Educate yourself on the difference between calvinism and arminianism in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2549450/calvinism-vs-arminianism-whose-view
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promise101: 3:48pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

Are you Joshthefirst? The Holy Spirit will tell us if we are doing wrong. Why should He tell sinners and not tell us? The Holy Spirit does not condemn sinners BTW. He reproves.
Show a single biblical proof

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 03, 2016
undecided
Gombs:

if no, let's discuss.

Who killed them?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

shocked ? shocked undecided
Was the killer a member of the trinity
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Image123(m): 9:48pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

Show a single biblical proof

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Some christians were getting it wrong as regards circumcision to be saved, the Holy Ghost corrected them. Same with Peter and Barnabas who through Paul were corrected by the Holy Ghost for dissimulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.