Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? (18417 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promise101: 2:14am On May 04, 2016
Image123:

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Some christians were getting it wrong as regards circumcision to be saved, the Holy Ghost corrected them. Same with Peter and Barnabas who through Paul were corrected by the Holy Ghost for dissimulation.
This man sef!

Was that verse talking about, holyghost convicting us of our sins?

Man, wake up and provide a biblical proof!
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 5:43am On May 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
undecided

Who killed them?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

shocked ? shocked undecided
Was the killer a member of the trinity

Do God kill Liars?

Did Peter curse them to death?

If Yeah, provide proofs from the Bible. Thanks
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by ABDULADINO(m): 6:02am On May 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying it was mercy killing? undecided
don't know where you got this term from in Scripture. It's God who appoints men to die once after that judgement.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 7:24am On May 04, 2016
Gombs:

Do God kill Liars?

Typical. In case you didn't notice, this was a question......
Muafrika2:
undecided
Who killed them?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

shocked ? shocked undecided
Was the killer a member of the trinity

Answer it then ill answer yours, Which you are attempting to pass off as an answer undecided

Gombs:

Do God kill Liars?

If you don't answer mine, I don't answer yours,
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

Typical. In case you didn't notice, this was a question......

Answer it then ill answer yours, Which you are attempting to pass off as an answer undecided

If you don't answer mine, I don't answer yours,

Lol... who first asked the question of who killed who?

abeeeeeegi,carry go jare! Thanks for your time.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Image123(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2016
promise101:

This man sef!

Was that verse talking about, holyghost convicting us of our sins?

Man, wake up and provide a biblical proof!

Yes, the Holy Ghost was correcting the believers/first century christians.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by ifedayoifedapo(f): 2:08pm On May 04, 2016
chai! see interpretation I disagree totally with you and Pastor Chris there. As a born again child of GOD, there are some things you just cannot do. You see, people just give excuses for misbehaving.

Your spiritual level should have taken you to a level where you can differentiate between what is sinful and what is not. So, if Pastor Chris is seeing masturbation as a sin but that the grace of GOD will not make us suffer the consequences, then can we outrightly say that if you sleep with another man's wife then HIS grace is also sufficient to see you through? That if you steal what is not yours, grace will sustain you?

Then there will always be gross indiscipline in the house of GOD if that is the type of sermon you listen to.
promisechuks:

Why is it that you don't read your bible well and listen VERY WELL ro people's teaching before criticising?

What pastor chris meant was that masturbation is quite a sin before God.

But if that person believes on the grace of God through the finished work of christ, then though he committed the sin, he will not suffer the consequences in hell, because that is what jesus die for, in the person's place, at the cross of calvary.

If God will still punish the person because of the person's sin that Jesus was condemned to death for on the cross, then it means that Jesus was not SACRIFICED but MUDERED by God.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by vooks: 3:49pm On May 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks but no thanks for the information. cool

Educate yourself on the difference between calvinism and arminianism in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2549450/calvinism-vs-arminianism-whose-view
If I had time and you had a better IQ, I'd school,you in these -isms grin
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by vooks: 3:53pm On May 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

An habitual sinner is a person who is not yet truly born again. He is a person who lives a lifestyle of sin using the promises of God as a license to sin. cool
And what is a 'lifestyle of sin'?
A quick test:
1. When did you last sin?
2. In what did you sin?
3. Before that last sin, when last did you commit it?
4. Are you a habitual sinner or living a lifestyle of the sin you mentioned in #2?
5. If no to #4, give a practical example of a habitual sinner of the sin you mentioned in #2
6. What is the DIFFERENCE between the example you gave in #5 and yourself?
7. Substantiate #6 with scriptures
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 7:55pm On May 04, 2016
promisechuks:

Why is it that you don't read your bible well and listen VERY WELL ro people's teaching before criticising?

What pastor Chris I, promisechuks meant was that masturbation is quite a sin before God.

But if that person believes on the grace of God through the finished work of christ, then though he committed the sin, he will not suffer the consequences in hell, because that is what jesus die for, in the person's place, at the cross of calvary.

If God will still punish the person because of the person's sin that Jesus was condemned to death for on the cross, then it means that Jesus was not SACRIFICED but MUDERED by God.

Fixed.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2016
vooks:

If I had time and you had a better IQ, I'd school,you in these -isms grin

If I were you I would rather humble myself and receive the grace of God that brings salvation.

1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On May 06, 2016
vooks:

And what is a 'lifestyle of sin'?

The sin that you commit regularly.

vooks:

A quick test:
1. When did you last sin?
2. In what did you sin?
3. Before that last sin, when last did you commit it?

When last did you beat your wife? undecided

vooks:

4. Are you a habitual sinner or living a lifestyle of the sin you mentioned in #2?
5. If no to #4, give a practical example of a habitual sinner of the sin you mentioned in #2
6. What is the DIFFERENCE between the example you gave in #5 and yourself?
7. Substantiate #6 with scriptures

Instead of you to humbly ask me to explain what an habitual sinner means you began to bombard me with JAMB question. Do you see where pride leads you? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 2:07pm On May 07, 2016
Perfection!
vooks:

My broda,
If you are going to take a stance on masturbation on the basis of its mention you will be in trouble because we know there are countless things we consider sin not because they are mentioned but because they violate a scriptural principle or the will of God. Masturbation is not forbidden but we know it is attended by lustful thoughts, and we know fornication and adultery means more than the very act. It was amplified by Christ to cover thoughts. An activity that ministers lust remains a sin regardless of the frequency it is committed.

Talking of frequency, how often should your wife sleep with another man before you conclude she has committed adultery?

Back to whether something is backed by a verse, would you eat human flesh?
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 2:09pm On May 07, 2016
Mr Joe!

People have sex for exhibitionism. Would you also say its not a sin because of its public appeal? You said masturbation is demonic. How can something demonic not be a sin? Do you know what you're talking about?
Joagbaje:

i didn't say masturbation is ok. its a bad habit and it can be demonic also. but not a sin against God. its your body. people maturbate for medical test. if its not a sin to do it for medical test then it shouldn't be a sin otherwise. secondly lustful thought is not the same as mastubation. its a different thing on its own
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2016

you also say its not a sin because of its public appeal?

It's not the same . I'm not talking about public appeal . Ok but let me ask you ,if a christian does semen count test . Which is usually done by masstubation has he sinned against God? .

You said masturbation is demonic. How can something demonic not be a sin? Do you know what you're talking about?

It's a only a bad habit . And it can be demonic especially if the individual want to stop and cannot stop it. Just like smoking. It's a bad habit . There are several bad habit that are demonic but don't constitute a sin. I can post a video clip of a crusade where I was ministering to poeple who were bound by habits of strange appetite . Some eat raw meat ,some eat sand ,some ice blocks some smell fumes of fuel some chew
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2016
This is how a Christian brother scripturally debunked the heresy preached by Joseph Prince.

" 'But Pastor Prince, how can I differentiate between the Holy Spirit convicting me of sin and the accuser hurling condemnation at me?'…The bottom line is that the Holy Spirit never convicts you [a believer] of your sins…I challenge you to find a scripture in the Bible that tells you that the Holy Spirit has come to convict you of your sins. You won’t find any! The body of Christ is living in defeat because many believers don’t understand that the Holy Spirit is actually in them to convict them of their righteousness in Christ. Even when you fail…”

Chapter 11, pages 134-135

NOTE: Numerous scriptures bring clarity to the fact that the Holy Spirit, DOES IN FACT convict us of our sins and this is not the same thing as receiving accusations from the "Accuser of the Brethren." Consider the following:

(1) The simple difference between the Holy Spirit convicting us of sin and the Accuser of the Brethren accusing us of sin is this: The Holy Spirit is telling the truth and the devil is lying! When conviction of the Holy Spirit comes, it is for the purpose of being liberated from sin and condemnation through repentance; when the Accuser comes, it is for the purpose of slandering the innocent. So, simple rule of thumb: if you have sin in your life, the devil has no need to slander you. If you don't, the devil has EVERY reason to slander and accuse you!

(2) The Holy Spirit CLEARLY convicts us of sin for the following reasons:

Both the Father (Hebrews 12:5-9) and Jesus (Revelation 3:19) convict us of sin and the Holy Spirit is a witness for both of them (John 15:26).
The scriptures themselves convict us of sin (Hebrews 4:12-13) and the Holy Spirit teaches us the Word of God (John 14:26).

Believers are instructed by Jesus to carry out church discipline and a sinning member is "convicted" by two or three witnesses (Matthew 18:15-17). If it's appropriate for church people to do these things, then how much MORE appropriate is it when God Himself does it through the Holy Spirit?

Apostle Paul, by inspiration of the Holy Ghost (II Peter 1:21), instructed both Timothy (II Timothy 4:2) and Titus (Titus 1:13 & 2:15) to confront, rebuke, correct, and convince rebel church members of sin and false doctrine; therefore, if it is appropriate for conviction of sin to come through man by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, then conviction of sin is a work of the Holy Spirit.

The human conscience is where conviction of sin takes place (John 8:9; Romans 2:15; etc.) and the Holy Spirit speaks to man through his conscience (Romans 9:1; I John 2:20); therefore, when man needs to repent, conviction of the Holy Spirit takes place.

The Bible plainly states that the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin (John 16:8-11—Please see my notes under the next point for further clarity on these verses)

(3) It is true—a work of the Holy Spirit is to convict us of our righteousness in Christ; it is not true however, that the Holy Spirit convicts us of how righteous we are WHEN WE SIN! He may convict us of our PURPOSE for righteousness and our POTENTIAL for righteousness; but He is the Spirit of Truth and will not flatter us into a false sense of righteousness.

http://cornerstoneworld.org/articles/a_thorough_refutation_of_the_false_grace_heresy_of_joseph_prince_part_3
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2016
ABDULADINO:

don't know where you got this term from in Scripture. It's God who appoints men to die once after that judgement.

Was you not the one who said that it was an act of mercy? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On May 18, 2016
ifedayoifedapo:

chai! see interpretation I disagree totally with you and Pastor Chris there. As a born again child of GOD, there are some things you just cannot do. You see, people just give excuses for misbehaving.

Your spiritual level should have taken you to a level where you can differentiate between what is sinful and what is not. So, if Pastor Chris is seeing masturbation as a sin but that the grace of GOD will not make us suffer the consequences, then can we outrightly say that if you sleep with another man's wife then HIS grace is also sufficient to see you through? That if you steal what is not yours, grace will sustain you?

Then there will always be gross indiscipline in the house of GOD if that is the type of sermon you listen to.

What you said is what you will see in their assemblies. They feel that they are no longer accountable morally because of these kind of doctrines. undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by ABDULADINO(m): 3:00pm On May 19, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Was you not the one who said that it was an act of mercy? undecided
God is a God of mercy. His mercies are new every morning. Thanks
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
ABDULADINO:

God is a God of mercy. His mercies are new every morning. Thanks

We thank God for His mercies. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? / Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.