Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,965 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects (34829 Views)

Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / 2016 Budget South East Gets Lowest Allocation / Nigeria: South West Gets Lion Share Of Fashola's 2016 Capital Projects- DT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by PRXPERT: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2016
This is will never stand.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 16, 2016
Sydney22:
how much is the cost for clearing in those seaports and the one in Lagos ?

Govt is playing politics with those seaports
Thank you for accepting the Facts - that there are Ports outside South-West Nigeria!

15 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Senate Leader, Ali Ndume said “The budget came with a serious lopsidedness in term of allocation especially in the ministry of works. We will balance it because a situation whereby you have more than half of the budget of a particular ministry going to one zone out of the six zones is not good.
Just look at the statement from this idiot

5 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Lalasticlala obinoscopy, please note that the SE allocation from the minstry of works is 29 billion and not 2.9 billion, further reading shows the figures dont add up.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by tonychristopher: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2016
Kennydoc:

It still doesn't change anything ..the region will be what it is ...NORTH will still be NORTH while West will still be West

Nothing to loose sleep over

Now where are those our oil people of Niger Delta

E don do them for eyes...I just hate thus country

Look at East getting paltry 9 billion

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Just look at the statement from this idiot
you feel he is wrong? You don't see anything wrong the budget of ministry of works?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
you feel he is wrong? You don't see anything wrong the budget of ministry of works?
I don't, the minister is not the typical Nigerian politician, he has said he is focusing of the most economically viable road and has chosen the Lagos-ibadan expressway ( that is gulping 50billion), the lagos airpot road and the apapa express from the SW. These roads are by far the most important roads in Nigeria.

The minister has also made it clear that these are abandoned/under construction projects. There are no new road projects for this year.

17 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

I don't, the minister is not the typical Nigerian politician, he has he is focusing of the most economically viable road and has chosen the Lagos-ibadan expressway ( that is gulping 50billion), the lagos airpot road and the apapa express. These roads are by far the most important roads in Nigeria.

The minister has also made it clear that these are abandoned/under construction projects. There are no new road projects for this year.
in a country where mutual suspicion exists the first paragraph won't fly..it does not matter whether it is the truth or not as it did not start today...other equally important and abandoned /under construction roads also exist..no one is talking of new roads here..moreover he has hos people he is supposedly representing

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by 1after: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Fashola the bigot cannot change his spot. I'll wait for the north to go after him like Ndume is doing. You want to use SE/SS resources to develop yorubaland. thief

Attachee by force in 2016. Speak for your red mud land and stop attaching SS. Una no get shame at all. Chai

16 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
in a country where mutual suspicion exists the first paragraph won't fly..it does not matter whether it is the truth or not as it did not start today...other equally important and abandoned /under construction roads also exist..no one is talking of new roads here
Pls tell me the minister has not chosen the most important road in every region.
The SW 4 roads, SE 2 road, NW 2 road. Every other region has got 1 road each.

The SW and SE dont have any housing project while some others got

The SW does not have any electrification projects.

We have to move away from this mutual suspicion thing.

16 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Pls tell me the minister has not chosen the most important road in every region.
The SW 4 roads, SE 2 road, NW 2 road. Every other region has got 1 road each.

The SW and SE dont have any housing project while some others got

The SW does not have any electrification projects.

We have to move away from this mutual suspicion thing.
the mutual suspicion thing is not going to go by fiat but by painstaking and deliberate process....that allocation for lagos Ibadan expressway to me is high compared to what is allocated to equally important ongoing/rd projects in other regions.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
the mutual suspicion thing is not going to go by fiat but by painstaking and deliberate process....that allocation for lagos Ibadan expressway to me is high compared to what is allocated to equally important ongoing/rd projects in other regions.
Bro, that road is longer and wider than any other road on the list, anyways that is the question the silly senator should be asking instead of talking nonsense about one region getting more than others.

12 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Musiwa419: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
That allocation for lagos Ibadan expressway to me is high compared to what is allocated to equally important ongoing/rd projects in other regions.
The Lagos-Ibadan express road is the most strategic road in Nigeria. The daily vehicular movement on that road surpasses anywhere else in sub saharan africa most especially on weekends and during yueltide. As far as I am concerned, the money budget for the road is still too small

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Davvymavvy(f): 11:14am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:

The amount allocated to the road in contention is very small in comparison to how strategic viz a viz the number of vehicular movement on the road. If your assertion is anything to go by, then you should have condemned the lopsided and acutely skewed appointments of Buhari in favour of certain region of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 11:14am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Bro, that road is longer and wider than any other road on the list, anyways that is the question the silly senator should be asking instead of talking nonsense about one region getting more than others.
it is not longer that Enugu to portharcourt which is also a critical road in the list(allocated 10bn though omitted from the list here) but obviously wider.

Musiwa419:
The Lagos-Ibadan express road is the most strategic road in Nigeria. The daily vehicular movement on that road surpasses anywhere else in sub saharan africa most especially on weekends and during yueltide. As far as I am concerned, the money budget for the road is still too small
I agree here
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2016
Davvymavvy:

The amount allocated to the road in contention is very small in comparison to how strategic viz a viz the number of vehicular movement on the road. If your assertion is anything to go by, then you should have condemned the lopsided and acutely skewed appointments of Buhari in favour of certain region of the country.
buhari's appointments is not the issue here let us not deviate..moreover how do you know if I condemned the appointments or not?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by 49cents(m): 11:26am On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again

I just clicked the source: SE was allocated N2.9Billion.

Ur outrage sef shows you don't believe the enormosity of the lack of equity in the polity

Vent your anger on the buhari not OP

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2016
So no Mod is available to do the needful?
Even Mynd44
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:
Lalasticlala obinoscopy, please note that the SE allocation from the minstry of works is 29 billion and not 2.9 billion, further reading shows the figures dont add up.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2016
Imagine allocating 88 Billion to SW which does not have a drop of oil (Ondo oil really comes from part of Delta State which was forced into Ondo https://www.nairaland.com/2708542/nbc-ceded-part-delta-oil)
and allocating only 2 Billion to SE which has sizeable Oil deposits, both tapped and yet to be tapped in all the states except Ebonyi and huge gas deposits, is the height of Blind hatred, Ethnic Bigotry and Tribalism.
Fashola is BIG disgrace and this Rubbish will not stand.

Is this the change?

We are watching you guys in 3D.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
it is not longer that Enugu to portharcourt which is also a critical road in the list(allocated 10bn though omitted from the list here) but obviously wider.

I agree here

I didn't see the Enugu-portharcourt road on the list, maybe it has been pushed to next year or this newspaper missed it
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
Imagine allocating 88 Billion to SW which does not have a drop of oil (Ondo oil really comes from part of Delta State which was forced into Ondo https://www.nairaland.com/2708542/nbc-ceded-part-delta-oil)
and allocating only 2 Billion to SE which has sizeable Oil deposits, both tapped and yet to be tapped in all the states except Ebonyi and huge gas deposits, is the height of Blind hatred, Ethnic Bigotry and Tribalism.

Is this the change?

Yorubas are Thieves.

Pathetic Fu***cked Thieves.

Oil money is not funding capital projects, make we hear word

SE is 29 billion not 2.9

5 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 11:55am On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

I didn't see the Enugu-portharcourt road on the list, maybe it has been pushed to next year or this newspaper missed it
I saw the budget breakdown somewhere else and it was there so maybe omitted here but if pushed to next yr then that means capital budget for se is actually 2.9 bn instead of 29bn you wanted to correct earlier.
Add niger bridge 17bn to other capital projects listed for se in this article you will get around 19bn so what happens to the remaining 10 bn ?

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Topeakintola: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:

Is this the change?

Yorubas are Thieves.

There is zilch you can do about it apart from shouting like a constipated man on the internet

Like someone enlightened you earlier, oil money is not used for funding capital projects. I doubt you even understand what that means

9 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
I saw the budget breakdown somewhere else and it was there so maybe omitted here but if pushed to next yr then that means capital budget for se is actually 2.9 bn instead of 29bn you wanted to correct earlier.
Add niger bridge 17bn to other capital projects listed for se in this article you will get around 19bn so what happens to the remaining 10 bn ?
Enugu- Ebonyi road is on that list, is 2NB not part of the SE project? Why single it out
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Enugu- Ebonyi road is on that list is 2NB not part of the SE project?
first and foremost Enugu abakiliki rd is completed ask those who know the rd..secondly what is allocated to Enugu abakiliki rd is 29m naira for some unclear reasons

Secondly listing 2nd niger bridge as a se project is a bit of a misnomer simply because it a bridge that connects ss (asaba) to se (Enugu) as both ends of the bridge is sitting on the land of both zones.however zoning it as se project no problems but it was allocated 17bn...so where is the remaining 10bn that is supposed to make it 29bn allocated to se?

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:

Is this the change?

Yorubas are Thieves.

Vexation at its peak!
grin
This is 21st Dude! Enough of this tribal-brouhaha! Perhaps I need to remind you that GEJ was the President for more than 5 Years, yet he couldn't finish East-West Road in South-South; Enugu - Aba - Port Harcourt Express Road in the South-East was overlooked! The 2nd Niger Bridge was successfully completed only on the Paper!
Tell me a successfully completed FG project under GEJ in the South-West!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by IYANGBALI: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
For a job well done during baba ' erec-tion
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by IYANGBALI: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
For a job well done during baba's erec-tion
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Topeakintola: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
first and foremost Enugu abakiliki rd is completed ask those who know the rd..secondly what is allocated to Enugu abakiliki rd is 29m naira for some unclear reasons

Secondly listing 2nd niger bridge as a se project is a bit of a misnomer simply because it a bridge that connects ss (asaba) to se (Enugu) as both ends of the bridge is sitting on the land of both zones.however zoning it as se project no problems but it was allocated 17bn...so where is the remaining 10bn that is supposed to make it 29bn allocated to se?

Rubbish

So which zone will be allocated the N17 billion for the Niger Bridge project? You guys are so deceitful

It is clear that there are errors in this reportage. You sound educated, so you should have realised that,very fairly quickly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To Berger Suya, Lagos State (Video) / Five-star Retirement: Matawalle, Wike, Okowa, Umahi, Ganduje To Get Mansions / How We Arrived At N145 Price For Fuel, By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.