Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects (34827 Views)

Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / 2016 Budget South East Gets Lowest Allocation / Nigeria: South West Gets Lion Share Of Fashola's 2016 Capital Projects- DT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by bakynes(m): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Shut it and go study territorial waters in elementary geography - especially nautical miles.

A large chunk of the offshore oil is in the SW's territorial waters. You can lay claims now cos everyone is in the same country but if and when that stops, the SW would take all the oil wells in its territorial waters.

So technically most of the oil is not "ya oyel". Just shut it and tell ya folks to stop trooping to Lagos if they want a bigger chunk of the budget. You can't keep using ya pikey lifestyle to destroy the non-existent infrastructures in one region and expect them not to claim a larger chunk of the budget.

The budget is very fair. Deal with it.
My thoughts exactly, they should stay in their region if they want the larger chunk of the Budget. They are only using ethnic sentiment to analyse issues. I have said it in a previous thread when Fashola revealed his road map that Lagos- IB road, Apapa-Oshodi and MM Airport road should be top priority. Too bad for IPOB it's all in the SW but these are the most strategic projects that serves majority of Nigerians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by kraftykc(m): 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again

Actually look again, the second Niger bridge seems to have been captured in the SS allocation not the SC. The breakdown is correct to the tune of 2.9 billion for the SE. I'm not too hurt tho, just glad the bridge is at least there, that's one thing off the list.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by chinchum(m): 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:

Oga, last time I checked, we were in Nigeria and not Yorubaland.

I thought Nigeria is supposed to progress collectively? It seems that isn't the case, yet we say 'One Nigeria'. What a joke! I wonder who is fooling who.

Besides my comment wasn't targeted against 'the progress of Yorubaland' but I guess it hit you too close for comfort.

One Nigeria indeed.
65% of economy drivers resides in SW. 60% of what was allocated to SW goes to Lag-ibd expressway, that road benefits the whole of Nigeria , goods imported to the country are transported via that road to exit Lagos,not forgettting refined petroleum products, it is a win win situation for everyone. Most of the manufactured goods in the country are distributed via that route, quit being sentimental, stay objective.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by omonnakoda: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Last time I checked, North West is more populated than South West.
Sunny How is your Rolls Royce? Are you still sipping $1000 Champagne

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by omonnakoda: 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
The real issue is this the Main Port in Nigeria is in the Lagos and the road for getting stuff out of there Lagos -Ibadan and to a lesser extent Sagamu are the most important roads in Nigeria. If those two roads block for one month it will have a greater impact than even shutting down oil production. They are not necessarily even for the SW but for the North and the East . They are the main beneficiaries. On the other hand what does the SW benefit from a second Niger Bridge?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by swiperthefox: 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Topeakintola:
And there is something wrong with this calculations

The report says that the SE was awarded a total of N2.9 billion but N17 billion has been voted for the 2nd Niger bridge

That does not make sense
You are absolutely correct. Is it padding of budget at work or typographical error? That remains to the seen. But wait, they didn't add the federal road connecting Imo & Rivers states that is the worst road in Nigeria. This ineffective pregnant governor in Imo will not talk to his oga @ Aso rock. It is the least he can do afterall he donated Imo state's treasury for Buhari's presidential campaign fund.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by bakynes(m): 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
omonnakoda:
The real issue is this the Main Port in Nigeria is in the Lagos and the road for getting stuff out of there Lagos -Ibadan and to a lesser extent Sagamu are the most important roads in Nigeria. If those two roads block for one month it will have a greater impact than even shutting down oil production. They are not necessarily even for the SW but for the North and the East . They are the main beneficiaries. On the other hand what does the SW benefit from a second Niger Bridge?
Your head dey there, don't mind this silly people who just read the headline and come here to rant out their stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
chinchum:
65% of economy drivers resides in SW. 60% of what was allocated to SW goes to Lag-ibd expressway, that road benefits the whole of Nigeria , goods imported to the country are transported via that road to exit Lagos,not forgettting refined petroleum products, it is a win win situation for everyone. Most of the manufactured goods in the country are distributed via that route, quit being sentiental, stay objective.
my grouse is not even against the southwest, I don't know why all of you are jumping over hot coals to defend them.

What I can see clearly is that 2.9 billion is an unreasonably low amount to be budgeted for the whole of the south east, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Fanirandele: 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
Correct Omoluabi. They migrate to the SW everyday and make all Nigeria's problems our problems so we should get the lion share. All those years we were marginalized no one cried o, anyone who doesn't like it can take Oba Akiolu's advice grin

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Fanirandele: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:
my grouse is not even against the southwest, I don't know why all of you are jumping over hot coals to defend them.

What I can see clearly is that 2.9 billion is an unreasonably low amount to be budgeted for the whole of the south east, that's all.

It's 29 billion, go check other reports . A mistake was made here, how can it be 2.9 when the the Niger bridge alone is more than that
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by asha80(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
swiperthefox:
You are absolutely correct. Is it padding of budget at work or typographical error? That remains to the seen. But wait, they didn't add the federal road connecting Imo & Rivers states that is the worst road in Nigeria. This ineffective pregnant governor in Imo will not talk to his oga @ Aso rock. It is the least he can do after he donated Imo state treasury for his residential campaign fund.
the road is owerri elele road and it is under nddc projects

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/02/minister-demands-satisfactory-job-on-owerri-elele-road/
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by pasol4real(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
That is common sense Budget allocation

The SW is home to most Nigerians, it is only right that it gets the lion's share

The SW is bombarded by immigration from other parts of the country , especially the SE, so the government has to provide more infrastructure for the region to take care of the emigrants

Oga you are way wrong ,the only reason ppl migrate in their numbers to the West is Lagos .cos Lagos has over time bin giving the preferential treatment .
Its high time we started doing the right thing ,its time to depopulate Lagos n open up other sections of the country.
We have to achieve that by putting n establishing Federal presence in other states of the country.
No Wander this budget is called budget of corruption .

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by bakynes(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
swiperthefox:
You are absolutely correct. Is it padding of budget at work or typographical error? That remains to the seen. But wait, they didn't add the federal road connecting Imo & Rivers states that is the worst road in Nigeria. This ineffective pregnant governor in Imo will not talk to his oga @ Aso rock. It is the least he can do afterall he donated Imo state's treasury for Buhari's presidential campaign fund.
That road is terrible, it needs to be looked into. Even if they can't do it now they should pour some granite on it. I took that route on my way to PH last. The issue is that it's only strategic roads that are giving top priority for now.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fanirandele:

It's 29 billion, go check other reports . A mistake was made here, how can it be 2.9 when the the Niger bridge alone is more than that
oh hoooo, there it is. We thank God for them. One Nigeria might actually be possible after all.

A special shout out to all the selfish zombies in the house.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
omonnakoda:

you are spot on bro. the lagos-ibadan express way is not as important to yoruba ppl when compared to the northerners and the south easterners. for instance one can go to ibadan passing through abeokuta. you can go to the oke-ogun areas passing through ilaro, badagry, you can go to ondo passing through ajah, epe and connecting ijebu-ode. I can go on and on.

the roads that will serve yoruba ppl in particular are not even getting attention. all this noise should just go and take a chill pill

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Fanirandele: 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
pasol4real:

Oga you are way wrong ,the only reason ppl migrate in their numbers to the West is Lagos .cos Lagos has over time bin giving the preferential treatment .
Its high time we started doing the right thing ,its time to depopulate Lagos n open up other sections of the country.
We have to achieve that by putting n establishing Federal presence in other states of the country.
No Wander this budget is called budget of corruption .

It's not only lagos you guys migrate to, you have Eze Ndigbo in most parts of Yoruba land which says a lot. Don't forget the Eze Ndigbo that was flogged in Akure for over stepping his boundaries

7 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by jpphilips(m): 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
aljharem:
At least second Nigeria bridge would actually be done

It will be concessioned meaning another Tinubu toll collecting Empire is coming to the South East, If Jonathan had completed it, SE would be free from Tinubu's shackles.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Fanirandele: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
jpphilips:

It will be concessioned meaning another Tinubu toll collecting Empire is coming to the South East, If Jonathan had completed it, SE would be free from Tinubu's shackles.

Who stopped him from completing it, is 4 years not enough for him to have completed the bridge if he was sincere angry

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by omonnakoda: 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
santori:

you are spot on bro. the lagos-ibadan express way is not as important to yoruba ppl when compared to the northerners and the south easterners. for instance one can go to ibadan passing through abeokuta. you can go to the oke-ogun areas passing through ilaro, badagry, you can go to ondo passing through ajah, epe and connecting ijebu-ode. I can go on and on.

the roads that will serve yoruba ppl in particular are not even getting attention. all this noise should just go and take a chill pill

If they want to help SW let them make roads to Osogbo and Ado-Ekiti from both Lagos and Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by okpurukata(f): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
aljharem:

the government has been messed up so far truth be told

but we should keep encouraging and praying for Nigeria and our president

Can't believe you can be this truthful. You have really changed or do I say matured?

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by chinchum(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:

you ought to read the breakdown, evidently the headline is faulty, it could be a deliberate misrepresentation to cause this sort of discourse. I am not a fan of reading nigerias paper headline and coming to conclusion, i think it is not smart to read a headline and develop opinion, most especially nigerian dailies headline.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by pasol4real(m): 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Shut ya gob, illiterate slob.

Most of the oil is offshore and if the SW were to be a separate country, at least 50% of the oil should be in its territorial waters. Coupled with the fact that Lagos generates more revenue for the FG than most of the oil producing states.

And when you add the unnecessary stress you lot put on the non-existent infrastructures in the SW cos everyone and his mum wants to live in Lagos - SW deserves 80% of the darn budget. If you don't like it - go jump in the Lagos lagoon lol.

You get 30% for doing nothing from oil.
I hav bin seeing dullards but yours has a different dimension.So Lagos is resposible for more than half of the fg 's revenue .
Chai wanders shall never end on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by loopman: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

What is "one Nigeria"? And where was "one Nigeria" when Buhari's appointment were lopsided in favour of the North, ditto GEJ and his shenanigans? Where was "one Nigeria" when Iweala appointed only Igbos to run the finance sector of the country?

So, only Yoruba should keep making sacrifices for "one Nigeria" that only exist on paper? Is Nigeria even a proper country?

Despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the budget based on how lopsided the migration pattern in the country is - better wake up cos there's no "one Nigeria". It is all about interests and one region can't keep making sacrifices to its detriment for others. It has to be symbiotic.

Those people are really deceptive. When GEJ was messing up, they encouraged him saying it's their turn which they call the CHOP-SAND SYNDROME, now that the the new government is trying to correct years of neglect of federal roads in lagos, they are shouting ONE NIGERIA.
Useless people.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by shizzy7(f): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
Nnamdi Kanu is SMART.

He is simply waiting for the final verdict from EU and British parliament.

Until then, he is just playing the fool, cooling off in prison.

Once the time is right, the real fireworks will begin.

So don't rejoice yet.

Soon all Yoruba and Hausa scheming and stealing will end permanently.

Dude, you're so funny with all these your jagba-jantis arguments....

Fireworks that has been killing your people since time immemorial, as far as you continue lighting it in your house, state, region, zone, potential country.....
WHO CARES??

SHEBI YOU ARE PROUDLY 5%..
we are giving you more than that you're complaining...

sirshymexx and topeakintola really has time for your brain..

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by PRXPERT: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
We should even have 80percent, Igbo shhould cry harder.. we will have everything... wailingwailers

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by chinchum(m): 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
pasol4real:

I hav bin seeing dullards but yours has a different dimension.So Lagos gives the fg 50% of its revenue?
Chai wanders shall never end on nairaland.
At the moment of low crude oil price, it wont be far from 50%.

Let me help , most taxes, including VATs, port revenues , land/boarders revenues. Nigerian Port authority makes over 1 thrillion naira annually from lagos ports, so when you factor taxes on industries, smes, immigration, customs, e.t.c, you will understand.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by NewNigeriaMind: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wait I believe the southwest is cheated here.

75 percent of the ministry budget should have been allocated to the South west.

Ask me why. Simply out, 75 percent of people from the SE are resident in the SW, 40 percent of people in the SS are resident in the SW, 45 percent of every other tribe is resident in the SW.

Go to Sango Otta and see our people from the SE, go to any corner of ogun to oyo to ondo and see these people in their millions. They use our infrastructure and contribute very little to our economy. In fact, personally I will exchange dangote for all these people without a second thought. But here we are, one Nigeria and one region gets to carry the burden of two major other regions.

I believe one day, the SW will get equity in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by PRXPERT: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
chinchum:
Equity is better than equality. Those crying blue murder needs to quit being emotional
sorry what are you saying
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Bre(f): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
That is common sense Budget allocation

The SW is home to most Nigerians, it is only right that it gets the lion's share

The SW is bombarded by immigration from other parts of the country , especially the SE, so the government has to provide more infrastructure for the region to take care of the emigrants

How does one "immigrate" within one's own country?

And later you'll tear out your vocal chords screaming One Nigeria. Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by NewNigeriaMind: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
The immigration of other tribes to the SW need to be checked ASAP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by loopman: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bre:

How does one "immigrate" within one's own country?

And later you'll tear out your vocal chords screaming One Nigeria. Nonsense.
Are Ibos indigenous to SW? are they not emigrating from SE to SW for economic emancipation?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by pasol4real(m): 2:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=chinchum post=42973099] At the moment of low crude oil price, it wont be far from 50%.

Let me help , most taxes, including VATs, port revenues , land/boarders revenues. Nigerian Port authority makes over 1 thrillion naira annually from lagos ports, so when you factor taxes on industries, smes, immigration, customs, e.t.c, you will understand.[/quote
All this put together are not up to 15% of the the Federal government revenue .n all this are not neccesarily obtainable ,only in Lagos we have industries,ports n boarders all over nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari / Bola Tinubu Shows Off His Swags In New Photos / 2019: Wike Working For Buhari And APC- Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.