Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects (34828 Views)

Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / 2016 Budget South East Gets Lowest Allocation / Nigeria: South West Gets Lion Share Of Fashola's 2016 Capital Projects- DT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by obailala(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Balkan:
Rochas APC how far for Imo state.? Any federal project for Imo in this Budget? Useless man
Which project did GEJ do in Imo state in his 5 solid years reign?

Now in your wisdom, you have the effrontery to judge the new administration in its first (out of 4 years) as being useless, but you did not think the last man who spent 5 years yet did nothing was useless. You even lent your support to extend the tenure of the man who did nothing for you in 5 years to rule for a further 4 years but you think Rochas is useless for withdrawing support from GEJ even after those circumstances?

In terms of reasoning faculty and based on the above circumstances, who do you honestly think is the useless man between you and Rochas?

Tufiakwa! the reasoning of some humans really stinks angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by melison29(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
South east 2.9billion? Hmmmm just observing
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by MrGerald(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
obailala:
N17billion is the FG's contribution to the agreement, the concessionaires would bring the remaining 100 or so billion.
the 29 you saw there are number of projects and not money value you keep increasing to 100?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by 1after: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

I don downgrade from ace of spades to these cheap ones.

Ukwungum, See $20 trash you dey use form, i just dey laugh here.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by 1after: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Abia and Imo are part of NDDC and recieve 13% derivation unlike SW barren areas fyi

Akpu man, Ondo state alone contribute more than all your red mud land. Stop doing attachee by force, dont you have shame?

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by 1after: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Well, London subsidises not just Scotland and Wales, but everywhere else in the UK. The GDP of London is about a quarter of the UK's GDP and higher than Turkey's GDP, hence London always take the largest chunk of the UK's budget.

Oil money play a role in the development of Lagos, just as it did in the development of all the states in the federation. However, claiming that oil money is primarily responsible for the development of Lagos is utterly disrespectful to the prime location of the state and its cosmopolitan history. Lagos state was NEVER the capital of Nigeri[b]a - Lagos Island and a few parts of Lagos were. And the other parts were under the Western region. [/b]Before oil, Lagos was already a thriving city, and before Nigeria - from way back in the 17th century, the biggest asset of what's known as Lagos state today, has always been its location. Hence it has always been trading centre between European explorers and the local folks there.

Also, oil money doesn't even belong to the SS alone cos most of the offshore oil wells fall within the SW's territorial waters. And once we get into the technicalities of everything - you'd see that the SW ought to be getting more from the oil wealth. However, that isn't the case and the so-called oil region are the only ones taking the 13% derivation. Now add the fact that Lagos generates enormous wealth for the FG in taxes, seaport etc.. You'd see that the SW is the most cheated region in Nigeria. That's the honest truth.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by obailala(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrGerald:
the 29 you saw there are number of projects and not money value you keep increasing to 100?

"For the South-East, it showed that some important projects are concession of 2nd Niger Bridge in Anambra and Delta States, N17 billion;"

The cost of the bridge project is N130bn; FG is to provide N30bn while the concessionaires provide the remaining N100bn. In 2014, the FG has already paid N10bn of its share. The bolded excerpts of the report above states that N17bn has also been set aside for this project in 2016; apparently, only N3bn will be left for the FG to pay maybe in 2017 in order to balance its N30bn share in the project.

Reading through that report again, the sentence I quoted above clearly states that the 2nd Niger bridge project gets N17bn out of the portion allocated for the south-east. If N17bn is included as part of the SE's portion, then it is obvious that the N2.9bn must have been a typo of some sorts. So far no other website has reported this information, so I choose to assume the N2.9bn is definitely a typo; but such a typo has come in very bad fate, because it has further divided Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Balkan(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
obailala:
Which project did GEJ do in Imo state in his 5 solid years reign?

Now in your wisdom, you have the effrontery to judge the new administration in its first (out of 4 years) as being useless, but you did not think the last man who spent 5 years yet did nothing was useless. You even lent your support to extend the tenure of the man who did nothing for you in 5 years to rule for a further 4 years but you think Rochas is useless for withdrawing support from GEJ even after those circumstances?

In terms of reasoning faculty and based on the above circumstances, who do you honestly think is the useless man between you and Rochas?

Tufiakwa! the reasoning of some humans really stinks angry undecided
efulefu
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by oduastates: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
hush it. South west has never and will never feed the nation. Oil still accounts for major source of revenue to the government. so what's your point??

Just like it account for 100% of Lagos budget abi?
You haven't been paying attention.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by obailala(m): 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Balkan:
efulefu
Now I ask again, you say Rochas is useless because he supported Buhari and there are no proposed FG projects in Imo state in year 1 out of 4; meanwhile you chose to re-elect GEJ for a further 4 years, a GEJ who had already spent 5 years but did not do anything in Imo state. And you dare to call me efulefu?

I have gladly accepted that efulefu tag a long time ago. I would rather answer an efulefu and pitch my tent with common sense instead of sticking with some confused clannish loyalty n'enweghi isi n'odu.

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
Theflint1:
Bro stop talking trash. In simple terms, what percentage does all the tax revenue from Lagos contribute to the budget of Nigeria?

M0ron, in 2014, naij customs generated N977.09bn, while N1.2 trillion was projected for 2015 (link here: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/customs-generates-n977-09bn-revenue-in-2014/). And I'm sure over 80% of that revenue came from Lagos. Now add corporate taxes and all the other avenues the FG generates revenue from Lagos to it - and you'd see that Lagos is Nigeria. grin

You're too dumb and ignorant to be existing in 2016. Anyway, Kendrick Lamar ushered in a new age of enlightenment yesterday at the grammys, with the map of Africa and Compton written over it. I hope you'll tap from that, black man. grin

The New Age

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
nzeobi:
Enugu onitsha road nko

Thats not in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
luvmijeje:

I read it from A to Z.

The budget is obviously lopsided.

In the history of Nigeria, have you ever been satisfied ?

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
1after:

Ukwungum, See $20 trash you dey use form, i just dey laugh here.

Shebi na me talk say na downgrade I downgrade here into fear of Bubu.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Theflint1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Mugu! There's a difference between a country's GDP and its revenue (budget). As of 2015, oil contributed 80% to Nigeria's budget (https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/assets/pdf/nigerias-2015-budget.pdf). And of the 3.602 trillion appropriated for the year 2015, revenue from taxation was expected to generate a paltry 450 billion.

As a result of the high population of Lagos and the citing of most of the country's businesses there, they generate the highest IGR but not much is being done with the revenue. If population was a problem to the Lagos government they would look for ways to push more of the companies to neighboring states.

Lagos is beneficial to Lagos only.

SirShymexx:

M0ron, in 2014, naij customs generated N977.09bn, while N1.2 trillion was projected for 2015 (link here: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/customs-generates-n977-09bn-revenue-in-2014/). And I'm sure over 80% of that revenue came from Lagos. Now add corporate taxes and all the other avenues the FG generates revenue from Lagos to it - and you'd see that Lagos is Nigeria. grin

You're too dumb and ignorant to be existing in 2016. Anyway, Kendrick Lamar ushered in a new age of enlightenment yesterday at the grammys, with the map of Africa and Compton written over it. I hope you'll tap from that, black man. grin

The New Age

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by MyGeneration(m): 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
1after:

Akpu man, Ondo state alone contribute more than all your red mud land. Stop doing attachee by force, dont you have shame?
The same way northerners use the term hausa/Fulani it's how southerners have adapted to use the term ss/se yhe way alot unites the ss/se is how alot unites the hausa/Fulani apart from religion, u yorubas should be ashamed u guys are strictly on your own and very soon this your cleverness we wud see where it wud tk u Lot's.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by MyGeneration(m): 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
Theflint1:
Mugu! There's a difference between a country's GDP and its revenue (budget). As of 2015, oil contributed 80% to Nigeria's budget (https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/assets/pdf/nigerias-2015-budget.pdf). And of the 3.602 trillion appropriated for the year 2015, revenue from taxation was expected to generate a paltry 450 billion.

As a result of the high population of Lagos and the citing of most of the country's businesses there, they generate the highest IGR but not much is being done with the revenue. If population was a problem to the Lagos government they would look for ways to push more of the companies to neighboring states.

Lagos is beneficial to Lagos only.

Its just funny how they make noise saying they accommodate Nigerians this and that, that Nigerians are inconveniencing them, has someone stopped them from driving them away?
With the way this Yoruba's make noise and have been making noise on Nairaland i was thinking by now they wuf hv launched a full scale attack to drive non yorubas from there land.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Theflint1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
They are just a bunch of fuc*ing leeches. Instead they thank their stars that they are getting "osho-free" from the Niger Delta they come online and start chest-beating.
MyGeneration:

Its just funny how they make noise saying they accommodate Nigerians this and that, that Nigerians are inconveniencing them, has someone stopped them from driving them away?
With the way this Yoruba's make noise and have been making noise on Nairaland i was thinking by now they wuf hv launched a full scale attack to drive non yorubas from there land.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by mikolo80: 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
luvmijeje:
Fashola!

The Minister should realize that he's not the Minister of Lagos but Minister of Nigeria. He should kindly be Nationalistic in his view.
Shebi iPad youth supporters De vomit rubbish say Yoruba are lapdogs that we were used and dumped. hope they're learning, 2019 Don almost reach finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Genius100: 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
If the second Niger bridge alone is gulping 17 billion, and transportation in SE gets 3 billion, how can the allocation to SE be 2.9 billion? Perhaps a typo?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Bre(f): 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
loopman:

Are Ibos indigenous to SW? are they not emigrating from SE to SW for economic emancipation?

Seems I have to school you, Mr. Teacher

The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country:
a barrier to control illegal immigration from Mexico
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/immigration

Secondly,

a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immigrant

I broke my rule of not engaging ignorant people today specially for you. Now you're better enlightened, go forth and prosper.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by millionaireman: 12:01am On Feb 17, 2016
santori:

the ones in the south east ba? go on ahead and see who suffers the impact. the south east is inconsequential in the scheme of things in Nigeria. nothing you guys do there affects the rest of the country.

your region is not the oil hub of Nigeria, neither is it the agriculture hub of Nigeria nor is it the economic hub of Nigeria. go on ahead and mobilize your fellow ritar... and start blowing up the pipeline that passes through aba, nnewi, owerri,onitsha, orlu and the rest. #smh

That saying that Half education is a disease is a perfect fit for you.

Without the south east, your Nigeria crumbles overnight. Why then do you struggle to keep the south east in Nigeria since according to you, south east is irrelevant in the economic and political equation of Nigeria.

Well, pity those Igbos, if there still remains any, who doesn't get it that the south east must leave Nigeria for good

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
millionaireman:

That saying that Half education is a disease is a perfect fit for you.

Without the south east, your Nigeria crumbles overnight. Why then do you struggle to keep the south east in Nigeria since according to you, south east is irrelevant in the economic and political equation of Nigeria.

Well, pity those Igbos, if there still remains any, who doesn't get it that the south east must leave Nigeria for good

crum... wetin you call am. so you sef dey feel important.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
Why put this type of pointless thread on fp?

SW, SE or N it is all in Nigeria and you are free to move to and live in any region you wish.
Kappish!
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by reuben79: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2016
MyGeneration:

Illiterate go back to school
it pain u abi......obo like u
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by PFRB: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2016
How much does the SW generate??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari At Idris Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje's Wedding Ceremony In Kano / 2019: Wike Working For Buhari And APC- Deji Adeyanju / NDDC: President Buhari sacks Pondei, appoints Interim Administrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.