Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,324 members, 7,839,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Advise Needed On Marriage Plan - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Needed On Marriage Plan (551 Views)

SHOULD I Go AHEAD With The Marriage Plan / Dont Know It To Ask For Forgiveness From My Ex (advise Needed Urgently) / Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Calapar(m): 11:17am On Feb 16, 2016
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders,

Please I urgently need your advice on my marriage plan. My babe of 2+years is 3 months pregnant. I have commenced the plan for introduction and court marriage so that a month after when she puts to bed we would do the engagement and wedding. This is to plan and manage my finances very well as I would be the only one financing everything. But the real issue is her parents want me to do everything between March & April this year. I maintain my stand that I'd do introduction and court now instead.

What do I do?
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Ginaz(f): 11:49am On Feb 16, 2016
You are the man and head of your house, act like one. Your yes is your yes, after all, you're the one doing all the spending. If they insist on having their way, then take a book, write all your expenses and give it to them to bring money out for the marriage. Some in laws are so annoying and not understanding.

They will want you to spend all your money on a one day marriage, later when you'll be running up and down to settle debt no one will even lift a finger to offer you a kobo. My dear, ''cook your food according to your firewood''.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by DBestDoc(f): 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ginaz:
[You are the man and head of your house, act like one. Your yes is your yes, after all, you're the one doing all the spending. If they insist on having their way, then take a book, write all your expenses and give it to them to bring money out for the marriage. Some in laws are so annoying and not understanding.

They will want you to spend all your money on a one day marriage, later when you'll be running up and down to settle debt no one will even lift a finger to offer you a kobo. My dear, ''cook your food according to your firewood''.

He is heading himself and no one else, atleast not yet.
If that chick were to be your sister, you won't be here calling these parents annoying.

@Op, you do not get to talk. You impregnanted their daughter before marriage and you expect them to be lenient with you?
You would have considered your finances before deciding to put the cart before the horse.

The least you can do at this time is to go ahead and marry her fully now, this is all her parents ask of you. You can go with a very low key wedding, the ceremony can be done alongside the introduction to save cost. Nobody says you must go broke, all they want is for their daughter to be married Asap before she puts to bed.

All the best!
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wonder why you have to do these things in bits..Oh yea you said finance

Tell them how much you plan to spend and you will spend that much to do all at the same time

Afterall who big wedding help?
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by sexymoma(f): 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
My brother if pikin don enter u go forget wedding ooo grin
and why should you be the only person financing all the arrangement angry
it should be a 60/40 thingy.. angry
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ginaz:
You are the man and head of your house, act like one. Your yes is your yes, after all, you're the one doing all the spending. If they insist on having their way, then take a book, write all your expenses and give it to them to bring money out for the marriage. Some in laws are so annoying and not understanding.

angry
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by ChappyChase: 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
My brother just do introduction and traditional wedding and you're good to go!
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Ginaz(f): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

angry

You this man, you won't leave me alone?
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Strahovski1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
See what premarital sex does undecided

Managing your finances.. when you were fvcking you did not know about your finances undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ginaz:

You this man, you won't leave me alone?

leave you alone and ruin our impending friendship

why would I do that ??,
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Ginaz(f): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

leave you alone and ruin our impending friendship

why would I do that ??,

undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ginaz:

undecided

if u think I'm gonna be missing out on all that delicious fried rice, then you must not be serious angry
Re: Advise Needed On Marriage Plan by Calapar(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks all...I'd go discuss with the parents again.

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This? / Nairlanders In Ph Come In Plz... / What You Need To UNDERSTAND About Love, Relationship And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.