Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,450 members, 7,839,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! (10830 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2007
For some, blabbing is simply a way of life.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by syrup(f): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2007
@Odemru,

Okay. I'll be easier than previous efforts. And you're right: there might be "things" he's uncomfy with. May God help him.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Odemru(f): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2007
Thanks Syrup, With prayer all things are possible. If he prays and he is serious, God will give the understanding he needs , What other forum are you in? I am new here,
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by syrup(f): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2007
Odemru:

Thanks Syrup, With prayer all things are possible. If he prays and he is serious, God will give the understanding he needs , What other forum are you in? I am new here,

Like you, I believe prayers can change things for the better. I haven't been active on the other Fora I used to participate in. But on Nairaland, I'm mainly on the religious thread.

A very warm welcome to you. cheesy
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Odemru(f): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2007
[i][/i][b][/b]Thanks Syrup. I will keep my eye open for more postings from you.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2007
@syrup

Have I disrespected you in any regard in my last post? How and where have I resorted to being funny? If you're going to be funny under any excuses, please understand that there's nothing reciprocal about that trademark of yours. If to answer questions is the same thing as being disrespectful and funny in your hometown, it is no wonder you can hardly understand yourself.

My hometown?
You have just shown your lack of home training. What have we said that led to mentioning people in your hometown. You may continue sending message to them for all I care.

Now explain the below verses

Mathew 15v24: but he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

John 12 v 49: for I have not spoken of myself, but the father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak

John 8 v 39-40: …but now you seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard from God

John 17 v 3: and this is eternal that they might know thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent …

John 8 v 29: and he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him

Luke 10v22: all things are delivered to me of my father….

John 7 v 16-17: …my doctrine is not mine but His that sent me.

John 9 v 4: …I must do the works of Him that sent me
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Backslider(m): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2007
@BABS787

You should really relax as this is just forum for religion and it should not be personalized. I condemn all attacks at you and I must apologise in the name of Christ.

Now brother.

When you spew out the bible out of context you are not being fair to yourself. The bible is filled with different accounts of people seeing hearing and understanding at different times and they put this down.

The bible sometimes has the direct inputs of God and this is directly stated. Now you can not use the Quran and the bible they complete opposites because where salvation is solely by Good works in the Quran it is very very different in The Bible. Christ Is our God in The bible. Anyone can read the Bible and Form A religion. You can Use the Bible to support the worship of Shango Oya Orunmila and the rest.

The Bible is a blank Cheque on which any religion can be formed.

The bible rule is that SCRIPTURE INTERPRETS SCRIPTURE. THE MAIN THEME OF THE BIBLE IS THE LOVE OF CHRIST ANYONE THAT DOES HAVE THE LOVE OF CHRIST IS NOT A CHRISTIAN (LITTLE CHRIST).

If i saw you eating with your hand one day and i wrote it down somewhere and someone saw it they could say oh babs ate with his hand. If another person saw you somewhere else eating with cutlery and also wrote it down would that be a contradiction of statement? No The Statement are both true but at different times of View.

So your statement of contradiction is very different because you are looking for it and you will find it.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2007
@backslider,

Dear respectable. brother

To be candid with you and honest, I respect you a lot because you have exhibited a lot of maturity. This is not the first thread you and I will be meeting and I can say it proudly that you and I have never been rude to each other, simply because respect begets respect.

I have been saying and will keep saying it that, if you respect yourself, babs will do and vice versa (not you backslider), forget the issue of age here, age is nothng but a number. I shouldnt allow myself to be trampled upon by some set of people over religious arguments. If you dont know brother, thats my job and I dont even take cognisance of insults here, but will only speak out if one is trying to prove that he/she is wise, clever, educated or whatever.

If you dont want me to go into your bible, tell them to leave muslims here alone and create christians thread where issues will be addressed.
I am not saying that Jesus did not die for you, but leave muslims out of this, dont tell me what you cant defend because babs will surely expose the loopholes.

Some are even saying that 'babs is seeking for knowledge' but they never knew that babs knows the bible more than some do. Though I do seek for knowledge but not to the extent of being a christian, far from that my brother.

I keep asking the question, why no christian except goodguy has challenged the abuse of the christians against muslims, quoting out of context, giving false sites, condemning ISLAM etc but its only that of babs you see.

Now to the issue of attacks, honestly, I am not pertubed with their insults, its part of the game. Being a yoruba man, there is a proverb that says, woin ni eebu agba (sorry i can interprete) and also 'oko ti a ba so mo ope, ni ope ma so mo ni' (its the same stone you throw at palm tree, it will return back to you).

In all fairness, go over all my posts in which I have abused or cursed, you will notice that one person might have started it, babs grew up under his parents' care and received training on how to address both the young and old. I have received a lot of insults here, at times, I waived some aside and at times, I replied some. I always prefer a free argument devoid of insults, name calling etc but reverse is always the case.

Now to the issue of hand. Read her post here
Have I disrespected you in any regard in my last post? How and where have I resorted to being funny? If you're going to be funny under any excuses, please understand that there's nothing reciprocal about that trademark of yours. If to answer questions is the same thing as being disrespectful and funny in your hometown, it is no wonder you can hardly understand yourself.

What has hometown got to do here? If we are insulting each other, its ok but not to the extent of adding that of 'hometown' to the issue at hand. When did those at home turn to her toy that she should posted disgusting thing like that.

Like I have been saying, babs accords respect a lot but will only talk when one tries to act being wise, educated or whatever.

Thanks again for the post.

Stay blessed.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 02, 2007
If you don't want me to go into your bible, tell them to leave muslims here alone and create christians thread where issues will be addressed.
I am not saying that Jesus did not die for you, but leave muslims out of this, don't tell me what you can't defend because babs will surely expose the loopholes.

consistently you have failed woefully.
please don't think this is an insult.
Let me break it down to you,you are not a very intelligent person ordinarily.
You are very uncordinated,extremely hyperactive and very immature,maybe you're still under 18 then I take it back,you're simply too young,but if you're older than 18 and somehow imagine that any of your copied and pasted "Bible errors" hold any water you are deluded,my friend.

And hailing yourself along the way and claiming victory for saying absolutely nothing is even  more pathetic.

Most right thinking,mature adults know when they are making a fool of themselves but you are incapable of that.
In some other thread,the argument on Christs resurrection is now between you and an atheist,doesn't that tell you,you're merely grasping at straws and he's trying to teach you that Jesus and Joseph of Arimathea both carried the cross at several times with very elementary illustrations but you still don't get it.
Bellotti said you are arguing from the Muslim way of doing things(paraphrasing) and I totally disagree because what he's succeeded in saying is that Muslims are daft and I know better than that.

You may be a Muslim but you're very deficient in simple,common knowledge.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by gbadex1(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2007
@ babs787:

i've been away for some time now and read the remainder of posts on this topic i missed. Now listen up blabs, and listen good. If u think by throwing cheap insults, saying stuff like: "the curse has already began to work on gbade. x. . . ." would grant you a few Cheap Brownie Points, then you're seriously deluded. What was that Bible Passage bari_kade provided? Ah yes, Proverbs 26:2! Heck, let me help the situation and extend the Bible passage to verse 4!!

Proverb 26:2-4

"2[i]As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come,
3. A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back cheesy
4. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him[/i]"

. . .so u see blabs, it's not worth it answering your blabbing.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2007
@gbade.x.,

Posted by gbade.x
. .so u see blabs, it's not worth it answering your blabbing.

But you have just answered. Its working real hard on you. Mumu.

@babyosin,

You post amuse me a lot. You think you are wise at the expense of ignoring questions. One of your brothers told you to shut babs mouth but you failed in doing that. I am still telling that he wasnt killed nor crucified. I just started the evidence and you are shivering. Why cant you defend your doctrine if you are truthful. How many of your questions babs has laid to rest yet you say stupid things when babs raises question(s). Like I keep saying, I am not even moved by your insults or whatever, its my job and I dont give a damn.

You call me a kid, well its not your fault, its because we are both trading words here. I learnt that you just wedded late late year, sorry oooo.

Posted by babyosis
he's trying to teach you that Jesus and Joseph of Arimathea both carried the cross at several times with very elementary illustrations but you still don't get it.

Look at a very intelligent adolescent. Was it Joseph Arimathea that carried the cross or Simon of Cyrene. Very intelligent indeed. You just wedded and shouldnt be here in the first place, Very uncultured and loose. ignoramus

Posted by babyosis
You are very uncordinated,extremely hyperactive and very immature,maybe you're still under 18 then I take it back,you're simply too young,but if you're older than 18 and somehow imagine that any of your copied and pasted "Bible errors" hold any water you are deluded,my friend.

Really, Babs may be a kid to some people but not to babysin. I am even trying to add your age with that of your , but just wouldnt tally. How many of your bible errors have you waived aside on the pretext that they were copied? A copy typist accusing someone of same.

Insults and name calling can be part of the game at times. I have handled people temperamental than you do. So I am not disturbed at all.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2007
babs787:

@gbade.x.,

Posted by gbade.x
. .so u see blabs, it's not worth it answering your blabbing.

But you have just answered. Its working real hard on you. Mumu.

@babyosin,

You post amuse me a lot. You think you are wise at the expense of ignoring questions. One of your brothers told you to shut babs mouth but you failed in doing that. I am still telling that he wasnt killed nor crucified. I just started the evidence and you are shivering. Why can't you defend your doctrine if you are truthful. How many of your questions babs has laid to rest yet you say stupid things when babs raises question(s). Like I keep saying, I am not even moved by your insults or whatever, its my job and I don't give a damn.

You call me a kid, well its not your fault, its because we are both trading words here. I learnt that you just wedded late late year, sorry oooo.

Posted by babyosis
he's trying to teach you that Jesus and Joseph of Arimathea both carried the cross at several times with very elementary illustrations but you still don't get it.

Look at a very intelligent adolescent. Was it Joseph Arimathea that carried the cross or Simon of Cyrene. Very intelligent indeed. You just wedded and shouldnt be here in the first place, Very uncultured and loose. ignoramus

Posted by babyosis

Really, Babs may be a kid to some people but not to babysin. I am even trying to add your age with that of your , but just wouldnt tally. How many of your bible errors have you waived aside on the pretext that they were copied? A copy typist accusing someone of same.

Insults and name calling can be part of the game at times. I have handled people temperamental than you do. So I am not disturbed at all.

I have made my point already
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2007
babyosisi:

I have made my point already

Likewise myself.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by gbadex1(m): 10:10am On Mar 08, 2007
@ BlabberWorth:

you seriously are pathetic. I mean, comprehending simple words seem a Herculean task to you. You are not even worth the reply, but then i make mugus like you an exception. Seems like your curses are doing great work on your sorry ass. Keep up with the blabbing, it sure as hell suits you.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by bongs(m): 7:53am On Apr 04, 2007
Indeen Jesus Christ is will come the 2nd time.
We (Christians) must always look unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith.
The coming of the Lord will probably be the greatest event on the earth!
I'm looking forward towards THE COMING OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by bongs(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2007
Indeen Jesus Christ will come the 2nd time.
We (Christians) must always look unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith.
The coming of the Lord will probably be the greatest event on the earth!
I'm looking forward towards THE COMING OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!
God bless youl all. smiley
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2007
May the Lord bless you abundantly too and keep you against that day smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by bongs(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2007
Hello Anybody Here?
Let's chat about this great event about to occur on the earth.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Horus(m): 3:35am On May 30, 2007
In spite of what the Christians preach, if the Messiah Jesus was to return today, in the image that he is portrayed, he would not be accepted by the masses of the people.They have depicted him as a Caucasian revolutionary middle-aged man dressed in hippie clothes, talking about love and peace for everyone. People would consider him as being crazy (as they said about the hippies of the 60’s) or try to kill him because he would be a threat to the devil’s economic success.
Money is the concern at hand, not the salvation of your soul.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by bongs(m): 7:25am On May 30, 2007
This goes to Horus.
Whether you like it or not Jesus will come back.
Whether you believe it or not Jesus will come back.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by TellyB(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2007
@bongs,

bongs:

This goes to Horus.
Whether you like it or not Jesus will come back.
Whether you believe it or not Jesus will come back.

Sound it well to his hearing! grin
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by TellyB(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2007
@ Horus,

Jesus Christ may have been portrayed as Caucasian in the minds of many - is that all you're vexed about? Nonetheless, He is the Saviour and soon-coming King.

Question: What has your "black jesus" done for YOU?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who's Your Best Bible Character? / OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation! / ‘pastor Adeboye Is My Son’—guru Maharajji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.