Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (35982 Views)

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan / Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) / Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by MyGeneration(m): 8:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
To me they do it to stop people from gaining access to the tracks, as Nigerians wud go nd start hawking or if possible build house or kiosk ontop the rail.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.

Flowers and generally plants breath out oxygen which we breathe. This simply means without plants, the air would be unhealthy
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by kenyguy(m): 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Find out the reason behind the fencing before you condemn it.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Myde4naija(m): 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Lagos State Government have never cared for anyone,except themselves.That project is another way to steal.
you must be a high profile thief to know that
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Shobyz: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2016
Because the Govt does not trust nigerians not to erect stalls and kiosks and turn place to another market place. It has happened before.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by frisky2good(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
There ised to be a fence erected to prevent people from crossing Ikorodu road. I'm sure a lot of people here never saw it. That fence will soon disappear just like Ikorodu road fence.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by frisky2good(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
There used to be a fence erected to prevent people from crossing Ikorodu road. I'm sure a lot of people here never saw it. That fence will soon disappear just like Ikorodu road fence.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by GLOBALINF: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
The fence is a welcome development at least it's better then just siphoning Lagos money without any project to show
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by slimfit1(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
I will predict one or two years later,those fences will be vandalize.

Vandalism is common everywhere its not strange.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Does other developed and developing countries erect fences on their railway tracks?

In other developed countries, it is a crime to walk across a train rack. The train tracks are designed in such a way to make it difficult for pedestrians to access it.

I support this project of fencing off rail tracks 200%!

Proudly Igbo by the way

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by kajprinc: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
The lagos state govt is heading towards the right direction.Protection of public property and that of the public saftety is none negociable,.
Every train tracks or highways are fenced in most developed world or even developing ones
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Dansiki1: 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
Rail tracks especially the electric ones are mostly raised or fenced to prevent people from jumping or crossing it. In Chicago, people commit suicide almost every week by jumping on the track and it usually cost commuters several hours to get to their destination.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
lagosians fit thief de rail track iron sell am grin....broke economy.. broke niggiz err where..
very soon $1 will be #1000*jxt like de president promised wink
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by pheesayor(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
To prevent people like you from crossing railway tracks and endangering lives

Love Machine:
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Jacko1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ah we nigerians like to cross anything at anywher oh.... So dat fence gud at least it wil make us cross the tracks only at designated safe spots
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by obailala(m): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Does other developed and developing countries erect fences on their railway tracks?
Yes they do, it's for safety reasons so people dont walk into the tracks and get crushed. Another reason could also be to prevent people from being electrocuted as might be the case for electric trains. Some areas in the UK for instance also have high fences because its a common occurrence for thieves to enter, vandalise and steal copper cables used for powering trains grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by esere826: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
Apart from safety reasons, such an infrastructure can actually be tied to direct job creation. So it is not necessarily a waste of money, especially if all materials are manufactured in Nigeria.

However, with regards to vandalism, the government could probably be more innovative. For example, creating a mini moat that separates the train tracks from pedestrians, or maybe laying sharp edged stones on each side of the track to discourage pedestrians from crossing.

All they need do is contact me for ideas
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by sunnymaja(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
All rail road are covered with bab-wire in advanced countries. You cannot even come near it less alone cross it
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by tansho(m): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
Cry cry baby
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Abugab(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
To prevent people like you from straying into the railway tracks even when the train is coming in this era of big earphones with loud music placed on both ears.

Don't you see the trees/flowers planted? I am sure the ones planted in your area was destroyed?

It is to protect lives except lives don't mean anything to you
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by aresa: 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.

Serious ignorance. I know many of you are used to incompetent leaders who care less when it comes to your safety, but this is for your own safety. They are probably even getting ready for the Metro Red Line.

If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.

Serious ignorance. Read and find out about not only the beautification effects of flowers and trees, also about their environmental benefits...

Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets

I just hope shallow and ignorant people like you are never in any position to manage other people's lives..
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by dollarathe(m): 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
and this op will think he's making sense !!!
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Fourwinds: 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
dis OP must be environmental illiterate oooo... so u mean flowers do not contribute to human health. no wonder villagers around me cut down anything plants dat are left in surrounding buildings small shops and having all d houses choked up...
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by amanze15(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ignorance na sickness....
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by ceejay80s(m): 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Why are u talking nonsense, come to lagos and tell me if lagos now is same with lagos 15yrs ago, even if fashola chop part of the money , I don't care, lagos is now beautiful,
By da way ,I be igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2016
bcoz of yoruba pple..lagos wil b hard to shine...c d dirty environs
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Ebenezerk2: 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
I can't blame some people that called this project an irrelevant, Nigerians don't value their lives, how would govt value it for them?, in any sane country, rails are not accessible to people, they are guided with irons.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by tunnyl(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
In my opinion, the purpose is to prevent the stubborn danfo drivers( Yellow buses) from turning everywhere to bus stop. The pedestrians will be forced to walk to the bus stop to board buses. There's nothing wrong with beautifying the state with plants and flowers, and apart from the beautification it also serve as a source of oxygen. Ask the trees!.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Intendy: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Super1Star:
If that is what it will take to stop people from crossing the rail track, thereby endangering the lives of the train passengers and themselves, then it is a welcome idea.

Can you guarantee that people will not be crossing the rail track indiscriminately?
w
bro when u see a mumu Op,you should know one.
so a judicious barricade is a waste of fund but a 250m bullet proof car is OK.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by efilefun(m): 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
porshuch:
my friend go and sit down joor! How many ppl have you helped in this your life? Even if its for siphoning of funds, still it will serve a purpose for saving lives.
U dey mind the f00l, does he know how many beggars lose their lives daily sitting on the rails, developed countries are planting trees and flowers yet this deluded dude termed it a waste of cash. Why would a person with his right senses cross a road when there's a foot bridge Yet some people called Kai a waste not knowing they have saved thousands of life by just discouraging people from facing those drunk danfo drivers
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:

In the first place, you asked a Reasonable question with your topic but then your comments sounds otherwise angry
Was to answer your question that the reason is not far fetched from what you can see in the picture...Myles Monroe once said and I quote "when the purpose of a thing is unknown, the abuse is inevitable"

People like you need be educated about basic amenities like this to save our developing economy.

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's "Antidotes For Corruption: The Nigerian Story": Nigerians React / Sheikh Zakzaky: Majority Of Nigerians In Favour Of Islamic System Of Government / Ministers Who Want To Become Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.