Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (35988 Views)

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan / Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) / Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by AfroKnight: 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Only an ignoramus will be upset about safety measures. Are you suicidal? Nonsense.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
Myde4naija:
you must be a high profile thief to know that

Absolutely!!!
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
AfroKnight:
Only an ignoramus will be upset about safety measures. Are you suicidal? Nonsense.

Tell them please
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
AfroKnight:

In short, OP's question sounds like he's one
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
AfroKnight:

Rubbish
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by AfroKnight: 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
yinkson:

Rubbish

Bro, I'm so disappointed that an educated fellow like him would be upset about such a welcome development. He could be one of those who use the railway as a hideout for nefarious activities.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
AfroKnight:

In short, OP's question sounds like he's one.

By their fruits, you shall know them(PDthiefs)

Always full of sentiments

Ever Loosing Looters
Rubbish.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
AfroKnight:

He could be one of those who use the railway as a hideout for nefarious activities.

Definitely!
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

In other developed countries, it is a crime to walk across a train rack. The train tracks are designed in such a way to make it difficult for pedestrians to access it.

I support this project of fencing off rail tracks 200%!

Proudly Igbo by the way
The knots that are even used to screw between the iron rod and the vertical/horizontal steel iron are easily removed.Despite that,people are still removing them to pass as shortcut.Very soon,they will be vandalize.Just watch.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Today is my day.Pour aromatic schnapp to celebrate front page.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Lagos State Government have never cared for anyone,except themselves.That project is another way to steal.

This dude sounds like a clown
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Flowers and generally plants breath out oxygen which we breathe. This simply means without plants, the air would be unhealthy
There are flower already.Why waste so much money that would have been expended to improve the wellbeing of the citizenry on frivolities?
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by adetunjiadeola: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.
don't forget that some folks are the one erecting the fence, so it's another way of creating employment, don't wait for government to do everything tpto your doorstep.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by yinkson(m): 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
efilefun:
U dey mind the f00l, does he know how many beggars lose their lives daily sitting on the rails, developed countries are planting trees and flowers yet this deluded dude termed it a waste of cash. Why would a person with his right senses cross a road when there's a foot bridge Yet some people called Kai a waste not knowing they have saved thousands of life by just discouraging people from facing those drunk danfo drivers
ofcourse

Love Machine:
Lagos State Government have never cared for anyone,except themselves.That project is another way to steal.
Grow up na
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Phobia1: 1:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Love Machine:
Now i knw whr u r coming from nd goin to. I think pple shud stop tryin to let u see reason y d fencin is nided cos u dont nid one. Its just a waste of tym nd mb.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by bellville: 2:09am On Feb 18, 2016
For safety. To prevent people from crossing the rail tracks.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Kirinwa: 5:30am On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:
If that is what it will take to stop people from crossing the rail track, thereby endangering the lives of the train passengers and themselves, then it is a welcome idea.

Can you guarantee that people will not be crossing the rail track indiscriminately?

Very sensible and mature reply. Its safety and security measures unless you want to see graphic pictures of mangled people.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by mechanics(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2016
To prevent unforeseen circumstances, e.g death.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2016
DesChyko:

You don't need to wonder. We're not robots, not programmed to feel the same way. Myself, I'm not taken by a 'flower project' worth #2 billion. I never assumed your reasons, but even now that I'm aware, I still believe it's an expensive project.
Then take time to know more before commenting next time.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by souljaboi51(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2016
its for your safety biko. i dont understand how people think like goats. maybe they are undecided
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Dotlammy: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2016
Very interesting! For me I don't see anything wrong in the project. Let's be positive
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Topiipii(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.

I had to go and dig up an old article because of this topic. I've gone through three pages of comments and all you kept saying is that people will vandalize the fence, whose fault is that if I may ask, the government that has decided to do something reasonable or the citizens that have no discipline?

Please read the news below and note that there's a law requiring that railways should be guided by a fence where the incident happened, it's common sense.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2013/09/04/news/no-railway-fence-where-boys-feet-were-severed-despite-law

Vandalism should never be an excuse when it comes to safety.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by wellmax(m): 10:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Love Machine:

Lagos cares only for itself. May I ask who is this 'self'? Don't be dogmatic, not every project is carried out with the intent to steal. This particular project is laudable.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by DesChyko: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mekwen:
Then take time to know more before commenting next time.

As much as you knew before you commented right?

Practise what you preach, mister.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2face Cancelled Protest: Between Omojuwa And A Twitter User / Tinubu's CSU Records: David Hundeyin Shares Written Copy Of Deposition / Reno Omokri: Obi's Supporters Made Me Waste $4,000 Investigating Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.