Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) (36475 Views)

IPOB Clashes With Soldiers At Isigate, Umuahia... Happening Now / Fayose Meets Soldiers At A Checkpoint, Narrates How He Ran Away From Army. PICS / Amosun Visits Ebute-Ibafo And Ogijo Ravaged By Militants (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Ironi: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
They look well dressed ,equipped and poised for battle just like American marines. smiley cool cool
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

VERY VERY TRUE

BIR is their rapid response troops. It is the Rapid Response Brigade which by their French acronym is called the BIR

Besides only few of the Nigerian Military carry arms like these. Our standard issues are AK-47.

The DSS and Naval Special units do use IMI TAR-21s.

There is a high probability that this is not the Nigerian Army from the photos.

so Ur frantic claims are based on mere assumptions ehn?

Bro abeg no make me vex here ooooo
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
Henry24o:

You are correct. However i disagree with you in the area of rifles. A large pool of Nigerian elite units carry high powered rifles, they aren't restricted to just Navy and DSS.

-Nigerian Army Special forces use the Beryl WZ 2004 with advanced scopes.

- Nigerian Army Mobile Strike Force use an upgraded Hungarian AK-74m

- Nigerian Army Airborne units use the Tavor-21

- Nigerian Navy SBS use the CTAR-21 and CX4 berratta

- Nigerian Air Force QRF use the TAR-21 and CTAR-21

- DSS use = TAR-21, FN-F2000, FN-P90, GALIL ACE, Compact UZI

- Nigerian Police = Upgraded AK-74L

- Nigerian Immigration use = GALIL ACE

Only regular Nigerian troops use AK-47s.

Oh yeah..Thanks. Nice list. I simply mentioned these two I am sure of. I am not saying only elite units in these two arms of the Nigerian Military bear special weapons. Good list all the same. I am going to check the photos of the guns with the names you provided.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

so Ur frantic claims are based on mere assumptions ehn?

Bro abeg no make me vex here ooooo

What frantic claims? That is hardly the Nigerian Army. If you Vex then what? You will insult me online? Use your keyboard bazooka to blow me away?Make abusive comments so you can impress some girls and people will laugh?
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
koastar:
[+images] Cameroon’s special forces kill 162 Boko Haram militants in Nigeria’s Goshi

Cameroon’s special forces have killed 162 Boko Haram militants in Nigeria’s northeastern town of Goshi, destroying bomb factories and weapons to retake the extremist stronghold, the government said. The town is now under the control of Nigerian forces.

http://www.cameroononline.org/images-cameroons-special-forces-kill-162-boko-haram-militants-in-nigerias-goshi/

THESE ARE NOT NIGERIAN ARMY. SEE AS THEM KIT UP WELL. WITH CORRECT VEHICLES, CHAI! THESE OUR LEADERS SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH MURDER(SENDING OUR TROOPS TO DEATH WITH NOTHING)
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Kirigidi(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
sinkhole:
Why do you say so? I tried checking in my small screen to see any identification but failled!
Are you saying good thing can not come out of "Nazareth" (Nigeria)?
Check d colour designs nd pattern of dia camouflage dress, u wil notice dat is not d type our militarymen wear. Evry country has its unique design of military camouflage.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Henry24o: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Well done Henry!

I was trained with the Alexandra Kalashnikov's 47, FN and G3 assault rifles.

And i love the AK 47 the most.

Although the AK 59 and AK 74 are also good and better, respectively, but AK47 is still the best.

My reason is because the AK59 has its safety-catch or fire-selector on the left hand side just like the FNs...of course you should know the disadvantage of having a selector on the left.

And as for the AK74, once you exhaust up to 3-4 full loaded magazines, that's all. You muzzle becomes hot and wide opened, and as such getting your target becomes kasala.

The AK-47 is a vintage rifle. We shouldn't get ourselves stuck on that rifle. If we had money, and my advice was sort, i'll prefer our F.G go for the AK-107, this rifle has the lowest recoil on earth. It's almost non-existent.

Even if you say let us keep the AK-74, there are ways we can modernise them.

Do you serve in the North-East?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by eric111111(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
Job well done
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
Henry24o:

The AK-47 is a vintage rifle. We shouldn't get ourselves stuck on that rifle. If we had money, and my advice was sort, i'll prefer our F.G go for the AK-107, this rifle has the lowest recoil on earth. It's almost non-existent.

Even if you say let us keep the AK-74, there are ways we can modernise them.

Do you serve in the North-East?

Borno state, my base.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Henry24o: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Well done Henry!

I was trained with the Alexandra Kalashnikov's 47, FN and G3 assault rifles.

And i love the AK 47 the most.

Although the AK 59 and AK 74 are also good and better, respectively, but AK47 is still the best.

My reason is because the AK59 has its safety-catch or fire-selector on the left hand side just like the FNs...of course you should know the disadvantage of having a selector on the left.

And as for the AK74, once you exhaust up to 3-4 full loaded magazines, that's all. You muzzle becomes hot and wide opened, and as such getting your target becomes kasala.

This below is my up-grade for the Ak-47.

Take out the wood, add polymer. Change the butt-stock to
polymer, add rubber at the end of the butt-stock to help
reduce recoil pain on the shooter.

Add a polymer foregrip and a polymer magazine to improve
accuracy and reduce weight respectively.

Add an Ak-74 muzzle brake or any other good muzzle brake
design. Improvement Would reduce re-coil, and improve
precision.

Change pistol stick to polymer.

Add polymer to the hand guard and a polymer grip. it
reduces the weight of the rifle, and allows you add picatinny,
so we can mount accessories. E.g laser dot/ sight. These
improvements Would improve precision, recoil, weight and
accuracy.

An EO TECH sight would be great but it's battery would
eventually run out,and it's kinda expensive. we can go for
more affordable sights, mespro is great, or any holographic
sight. Improvements Would improve precision.
Foldable butt-stock to give my Ak that carbine feel.
Improvement would allow the SF soldier conduct room
clearing and CQC with ease.

Personal preference : change rifle colour to desert Camo.

In all, with these up-grades on my Ak-47 Versus a 5.56
(Tavor/M-4A1/FN SCAR/FN F2000, HK 416), I would go for the
upgraded ak-47 over any of them. Not only do i get to keep
my more powerful round, my accuracy is greatly improved,
the enemy is down when he is shot and i get to keep the enemy's 7.62
Ammo.

Carry out this up-grade and watch how your AK comes into the 21st century.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Henry24o: 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Borno state, my base.

I hope you don't mind me asking a few random questions.

-Why is it quite a number of you guys don't put on webbing/tactical vests? This should be basic.

- Why the proliferation of uniforms in the N.E theater, guys in the same unit wearing different types of camouflages?

- you talked about 4 MAGs, however a keen observer of our troops in the N.E would be hard pressed to spot guys with more than 3 MAGs

- Why so many soft-skinned hilux vehicles in a theater riddled with IEDs and Ambushes?

- Did you not like the DICON Bullet Prove Vests (BPVs), why was the DICON BPV abandoned?

*Your answers would be greatly appreciated, they don't need to be specific.

-I'll also like to ask you about the IGIRIGI APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Ayoh101(m): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good work to Cameroon soldiers I know N soldiers don't look this way
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by jmand(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good job, add more effort success was there with you
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Ahmed3rdjuly: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
You will know if a country is ready for war or not.
See their equipments
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Ezenwa11(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Henry24o:

You are correct. However i disagree with you in the area of rifles. A large pool of Nigerian elite units carry high powered rifles, they aren't restricted to just Navy and DSS.

YOU ARE INFORMED
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by paragon40(m): 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Destined2win:
The way I will empower the military when I become President, other nations will be trooping in here just to learn from us. I will do it!
you will live to fulfill your dreams bro..
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nice one from the Cameroonian Soldiers! See how serious and orderly they look just because they have a President who is EDUCATED and has a BRAIN!

Unlike their Nigerian counterparts below.....

1 Like

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Do some folks here even read the headlines? These are not Nigerian soldiers for fucck sake, damn it.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by ayusman16(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
This post is so confusing:
Same was posted as Nigerian troops in action.

https://www.nairaland.com/2941769/photos-nigerian-troops-action-during#43031371
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Destined2win: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
paragon40:
you will live to fulfill your dreams bro..

Amen! And I pray you partake actively when the time comes
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by aliscomonaj: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
I wish same my brother. God bless u
Destined2win:
The way I will empower the military when I become President, other nations will be trooping in here just to learn from us. I will do it!
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Kenchukky(m): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
Advertising another country's military power against our own weakness. I think we need Cameroonian soldiers to take over security in this country.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Henry24o:

This below is my up-grade for the Ak-47.

Take out the wood, add polymer. Change the butt-stock to
polymer, add rubber at the end of the butt-stock to help
reduce recoil pain on the shooter.

Add a polymer foregrip and a polymer magazine to improve
accuracy and reduce weight respectively.

Add an Ak-74 muzzle brake or any other good muzzle brake
design. Improvement Would reduce re-coil, and improve
precision.

Change pistol stick to polymer.

Add polymer to the hand guard and a polymer grip. it
reduces the weight of the rifle, and allows you add picatinny,
so we can mount accessories. E.g laser dot/ sight. These
improvements Would improve precision, recoil, weight and
accuracy.

An EO TECH sight would be great but it's battery would
eventually run out,and it's kinda expensive. we can go for
more affordable sights, mespro is great, or any holographic
sight. Improvements Would improve precision.
Foldable butt-stock to give my Ak that carbine feel.
Improvement would allow the SF soldier conduct room
clearing and CQC with ease.

Personal preference : change rifle colour to desert Camo.

In all, with these up-grades on my Ak-47 Versus a 5.56
(Tavor/M-4A1/FN SCAR/FN F2000, HK 416), I would go for the
upgraded ak-47 over any of them. Not only do i get to keep
my more powerful round, my accuracy is greatly improved,
the enemy is down when he is shot and i get to keep the enemy's 7.62
Ammo.

Carry out this up-grade and watch how your AK comes into the 21st century.

I agree with some of your suggestions.

And it would be better if you'd be kind enough to forward this mail to the manufacturing company.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by laundryking: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Your clothes need your attention too take advantage of our 20% discount this february,to start your new year feeling fresh and looking smart all year round.
#LAUNDRYKING Not just a laundry outfit,we are your fabric care professionals.
For enquiries,free pickup & delivery pls call:08162259669,07011162336,08162814732,08131380848
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
Henry24o:

I hope you don't mind me asking a few random questions.

-Why is it quite a number of you guys don't put on webbing/tactical vests? This should be basic.

- Why the proliferation of uniforms in the N.E theater, guys in the same unit wearing different types of camouflages?

- you talked about 4 MAGs, however a keen observer of our troops in the N.E would be hard pressed to spot guys with more than 3 MAGs

- Why so many soft-skinned hilux vehicles in a theater riddled with IEDs and Ambushes?

- Did you not like the DICON Bullet Prove Vests (BPVs), why was the DICON BPV abandoned?

*Your answers would be greatly appreciated, they don't need to be specific.

-I'll also like to ask you about the IGIRIGI APC

Henry, you are a good observer.

But I do not want to answer any of your aforementioned questions, for security purpose.

Hope you'd understand?
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Henry24o: 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Henry, you are a good observer.

But I do not want to answer any of your aforementioned questions, for security purpose.

Hope you'd understand?

I understand.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by kazzi11(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerian Army Special forces are equiped with the Beryl riffle.It is essentially an advanced form of the Kalashnikov but a hundred times more accurate and reliable
AnakinSkywalker:

VERY VERY TRUE

BIR is their rapid response troops. It is the Rapid Response Brigade which by their French acronym is called the BIR

Besides only few of the Nigerian Military carry arms like these. Our standard issues are AK-47.

The DSS and Naval Special units do use IMI TAR-21s.

There is a high probability that this is not the Nigerian Army from the photos.
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by kazzi11(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
My guy your head ey there o jare. you are very correct and also very current in your info.
Henry24o:

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by kazzi11(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
My guy your head dey there o jare. you are very correct and also very current in your info.
Henry24o:

Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by Gologolo: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Where are there bodies?
Re: Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) by paragon40(m): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
Destined2win:

Amen! And I pray you partake actively when the time comes
waoo that will be kind...I believe in ur dreams..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Gives Scholarship To 5 Times Guinness World Record Holder Chinonso Eche / Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders / Contractors Worked Overtime To Complete Road Leading To Buhari's Kaduna House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.