Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value (4859 Views)

He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? / Your Birth Month Determine Your Beauty. "Choose Your Birth Month. / When A Girl Says She Does Not Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
This is not an anti-virgin post. In fact, it is for. I need to advise ladies who are still virgins to change their orientation about why they keep their virginity. When you have a solid reason for keeping your virginity, abstinence wouldn't be that difficult anymore. See, while we were all growing up, our female teachers told us to keep our virginity so that our husbands will cherish and respect us. Now pull your ears and repeat after me "That is a lie from the pit of hell". May be this was true in their generation and centuries ago, but that standard does not work anymore today. And truth be told, it is a dumb reasoning in the first place.
If you want to remain a virgin till you get married, please do so for yourself alone. If you are a religious person, keep it for yourself and your God alone. That way, you won't be disappointed if your man ends up not treating you in the way you envisaged. You don't need a man's opinion on your virginity to validate you. Don't get angry when an insult like "you be virgin?" is thrown at you at Yaba market. It says a lot about the guy than about you. My advise for you is to keep your virginity only because of these reasons;
1. Peace of mind: It is great not having to worry about condoms, morning after pills, pregnancy tests, STDs, hidden sex tapes, and all.
2. Medical reasons: Like I mentioned in my first point, no worries about STDs. If there is something wrong with your body e.g. unusual discharge, late periods, etc.....you'd help your doctor in finding out what is wrong faster by streamlining possible causes. This will in turn get you help faster.
3. Clear Conscience: Fornication is the same as other sins, however the Bible makes it clear that it is a sin against your own body. That's why you feel like shit and feel guilty when you don't lose your virginity in the proper way. This point is for those that are faith-based.
4. Source of Encouragement: How will you advice your kids to abstain from sex until marriage if you failed in that aspect? There is always room for redemption but if I were your child, I'd be giving you this judging look because I'd feel you have no moral justification to tell me when I can or cannot have sex. Even you would be too embarrassed to say anything when they ask you direct questions like "but mummy you had me before you married dad, were you still a virgin?"
5. A Clear Head: We women tend to attach emotions to sex and that is why it is more difficult for us to leave a bad relationship no matter how unhealthy and abusive. A lot of women end up marrying the wrong man because sex was already involved in the relationship before the red flags became obvious. I speak for women alone as I say this; we tend to be more rational and critical in our thinking regarding relationships we find ourselves when there is no sex involved.
6. Lower chance of infidelity: I strongly believe that what you don't know won't kill you. If you have never tasted it before, you probably wouldn't know what you are missing. This will help you remain content with your man no matter what bu.lls.hit sex he gives you. On the bright side, if both of you are virgins you can both learn the art of love-making without any partner feeling particularly insecure as a novive. I believe this will strengthen the bond and intimacy in your marriage. (Just make sure you know your body well before marriage so that your equally amateur hubby will not come and put his thing in the wrong hole or smash you like he is hitting bricks. You so don't wanna to be rushed to the emergency unit on your wedding night due to excessive bleeding).

Finally, if you are one of those who brag about being a virgin, please stop it. You don't get an award for being a virgin till marriage. It makes you look petty and just imagine someone who didn't lose her virginity voluntarily standing next to you. Rape is one of the reasons I don't place much value on virginity. It is just what it is, 'the hymen'. I am not saying you shouldn't be proud of your self, just make it a personal achievement for yourself and for God. Selah.

Note; virginity is not restricted to the female gender. You may not get a broken hymen or risk being pregnant as a guy, but you are not totally of the hook off the consequences of pre-marital sex.

Thanks for reading! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
@OP ure very wrong, virginity increases your worth and value. "TEAM VIRGIN

5 Likes

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
And 'these reasons' by extension do not determine a person's value? undecided

Thank you for making us understand that virginity actually determines one's value.

3 Likes

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Zenzu01(m): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
I think I will like to marry a virgin cheesy cheesy
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Burnnotice(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
will you still love me when am no longer young and beautiful? will you still love me when I have nothing but my aching soul?
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Burnnotice(m): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
will you still love me when am no longer young and beautiful? will you still love me when I nothing but my aching soul...
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by sinaj(f): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
@OP ure very wrong, virginity increases your worth and value. "TEAM VIRGIN
virginity doesn't increase ur worth nd value.

One can be a virgin physically, with an intact hymen but is not a virgin morally nd spiritually.

As for worth nd value, a tissue can never determine ones worth.

Ur worth is determined by ur personality nd wot u have upstairs not wot u have between ur legs.

5 Likes

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Marlvin(m): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
sinaj:

One can be a virgin physically, with an intact hymen but is not a virgin morally nd spiritually.

Ur worth is determined by ur personality nd wot u have upstairs not wot u have between ur legs.

well said, you have a point !
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by ronald4lif(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
" If you want to remain a virgin till you get married, please do so for yourself alone. If you are a religious person, keep it for yourself and your God alone. That way, you won't be disappointed if your man ends up not treating you in the way you envisaged. You don't need a man's opinion on your virginity to validate you. "

This is simply true and summarises the whole piece.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
sinaj:

hmmmm nice one, really nice point.
Virginity is not dignity neither does it increase one's worth or value.

I know a female virgin who smokes anything and lives on parties and alcohol. She gives BJs too but the penetration is the only thing she hasn't done for reasons best known to her. Now tell me, Do you think she still has dignity?

There are lots of girls like her.

As for Non-virgins, some lost their virginities out of ignorance and under some unfortunate circumstances, yet, they have good morals and can be the best wife materials available.

4 Likes

End time half baked virgins
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by timidapsin(m): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
sinaj:

smiley

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Gracito(f): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sept20:
Virginity is not dignity neither does it increase one's worth or value.

I know a female virgin who smokes anything and lives on parties and alcohol. She gives BJs too but the penetration is the only thing she hasn't done for reasons best known to her. Now tell me, Do you think she still has dignity?

There are lots of girls like her.

As for Non-virgins, some lost their virginities our of ignorance and under some unfortunate circumstances, yet, they have good morals and can be the best wife materials available.
well said! I know one like that too. Thumbs up
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by AngryNigerian(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
...& here is another reason why I love psychology!

You kno, i read through your expòsé, & I find it sooooo amusing when i read stuffs like this! What's this heck about nonvirgins becoming touchy about it all, & then struggling hard to convince people that "virginity is so alien, so archaic, so old-fashioned, so this so that'?!

It's a blessing & so amazing to hear that someone had stuck to his/her choice! One decides that "Mtschwww, abeg I can't hold it again!" & the other says "I wont let myself be messed up in the sex world". Then the one that feels it can't be possible looks @ the other like "is it for real?"

In summary, I'm a #TeamVirgin...& I know that it gives the nonvirgins a complex. It happens even when you tell people that you don't club, you don't drink, you dnt smoke! The question is whether it is right or wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Burnnotice:
will you still love me when am no longer young and beautiful? will you still love me when I nothing but my aching soul...

Lana del ray! smiley
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by cruzita(f): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
everybody have a reason for keeping their virginity ,as for me its my #Pride

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Whatever undecided
Meanwhile, a mod banned me on the 13th for a whole week accusing me of promoting a rape? I hope that's not in connection with my dp . It's absolutely wrong, how will a normal lady lyk me promote rape . D mod no get brain to think at all.
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:
...& here is another reason why I love psychology!

You kno, i read through your expòsé, & I find it sooooo amusing when i read stuffs like this! What's this heck about nonvirgins becoming touchy about it all, & then struggling hard to convince people that "virginity is so alien, so archaic, so old-fashioned, so this so that'?!

It's a blessing & so amazing to hear that someone had stuck to his/her choice! One decides that "Mtschwww, abeg I can't hold it again!" & the other says "I wont let myself be messed up in the sex world". Then the one that feels it can't be possible looks @ the other like "is it for real?"

In summary, I'm a #TeamVirgin...& I know that it gives the nonvirgins a complex. It happens even when you tell people that you don't club, you don't drink, you dnt smoke! The question is whether it is right or wrong?

Honestly, I don't get your point. Explain better please.
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Burnnotice(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rainess:

Lana del ray! smiley
oh yeah young and beautiful
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Only one thing that determines, defines,denies and designs someone value is knowing that there is NO TIME anyway!
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by gentlegenius(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Virginity is not dignity, it's lack of opportunity... So goes the saying.
As far as I'm concerned, having a virgin as wife will be great. Mere thoughts of the fact that no other man has had a carnal knowledge of her can even increase the value I placed on her. I know there are still a lot of non virgins with dignity and good personality. But sleeping with different men, countless number of times reduces your dignity as a woman. To me, the dignity of a woman matters equally as her personality. So I can only marry a non virgin that sleeps a few times with just 1 or 2 guys. Those are the non virgins that still has dignity.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
gentlegenius:
Virginity is not dignity, it's lack of opportunity... So goes the saying.
As far as I'm concerned, having a virgin as wife will be great. Mere thoughts of the fact that no other man has had a carnal knowledge of her can even increase the value I placed on her. I know there are still a lot of non virgins with dignity and good personality. But sleeping with different men, countless number of times reduces your dignity as a woman. To me, the dignity of a woman matters equally as her personality. So I can only marry a non virgin that sleeps a few times with just 1 or 2 guys. Those are the non virgins that still has dignity.

This is the ideology my post is trying to contend. A woman is not a commodity you can place a value on please. It is degrading, stop it. You have your preferences and I respect that but now going on to say a woman's dignity increases and decreases with sex is a no for me. Would you place the same standards on your fellow men?
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by AngryNigerian(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
netizenbuzz:

Honestly, I don't get your point. Explain better please.

So...you get time read this rubbish? Na my sister wen no want make im guy chuck am been tell me to write am ooo... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, jokes apart eh..i was saying that whether u still hold on oo, or u no fit, or u loss am by any other means, we are all one! So, letz stop this attempt 2 see this group as better or worse!
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by gentlegenius(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
netizenbuzz:

This is the ideology my post is trying to contend. A woman is not a commodity you can place a value on please. It is degrading, stop it. You have your preferences and I respect that but now going on to say a woman's dignity increases and decreases with sex is a no for me. Would you place the same standards on your fellow men?
Yes I also place the same standard on men. I don't pay much respect to men who sleep around with many different women. So how on earth will I value or respect women who do the same. Though I'm not a virgin, but I don't sleep around with most women I came in contact with and therefore I can't marry a woman who sleeps around for fun. Though The value of a woman doesn’t revolve around sex and virginity alone, but as far as sleeping around destroys your reputation, then your sexual behavior contributes to the yardstick that measures your values and self dignity.
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Menzy86(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
sinaj:

you are very intelligent my dear. I am dating a very ill mannered virgin I am gonna run away from. I cant imagine my life 20 years from now living with such a woman n I hav stuck to the 'no sex' agreement for three years now. Beautiful and a virgin at almost 26 but those are the only sustainable qualities I see in her.
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by refiner(f): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2016
#teamvirgin!smiley

1 Like

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by timidapsin(m): 12:43am On Feb 22, 2016
refiner:
#teamvirgin!smiley
Sex is a beautiful thing, Virgin because you chose to or Lack of opportunity.
smiley please be sincere.
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by sinaj(f): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2016
Menzy86:
you are very intelligent my dear. I am dating a very ill mannered virgin I am gonna run away from. I cant imagine my life 20 years from now living with such a woman n I hav stuck to the 'no sex' agreement for three years now. Beautiful and a virgin at almost 26 but those are the only sustainable qualities I see in her.
better run bro.

The virginity is jux a temporal thing.

It's her character, u will av to put up with

1 Like

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by olagbemi118(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2016
The best gift you can give to the man who loves you enough to marry you is your virginity. Don't lose it to some random guy in your neighbourhood. The day u lose it outside marriage, you lose your pride. It's your pride, it's your power. U can wait

1 Like

Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2016
Zenzu01:
I think I will like to marry a virgin cheesy cheesy

Me too!!!!
Re: Virginity Does Not Determine Your Value by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2016
olagbemi118:
The best gift you can give to the man who loves you enough to marry you is your virginity. Don't lose it to some random guy in your neighbourhood. The day u lose it outside marriage, you lose your pride. It's your pride, it's your power. U can wait
Yeah Male virgin's too...cause I'd like the gift of virginity too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Poor Bride Rocks Wedding Gown Made Of Mosquito Net And Sack - PHOTOS / My Encounter With Owerri Babe I Met On Instagram� / Missy Techy My Cruch Forever I Wiill Marry Her (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.