Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerian Economy & Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Economy & Love (605 Views)

Tough Economy Causes Scarcity Of Marriage Suitors In Lagos / Bad Economy Forces Calabar Prostitutes To Slash Insertion Price / Bad Economy Affecting Our Business –lagos Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 22, 2016
Hello guys,

What is love? Isn't love supposed to be giving and accepting another in totality another individual irrespective of he's or her flaws? but it seems in Nigeria of today love is irreversibly tied to the financial and social status of the person.
Why?
I cant count how many times i have heard people say "Men i for marry the babe but she no get job" and i cant count how many times i have read here on Nairaland how a guys feels heartbroken because his true love left him because he didn't have a job, or his job wasn't paying well enough.
My heart bleeds for this nation and i ask>>>WHEN LOVE AND THE ECONOMY BECOME INTER RELATED?
Frankly its only here in Nigeria that its so blatantly obvious that men and women are only marrying each other for economical reasons, and this trend is both frightening and sad.

Honestly i dislike this ideology,because what it means is that Nigerians do not marry out of true love, but out of intellectually pre planned strategy? wow!! when did we become in control of our destiny? someone please tell me when it became certain that someone working in a super big company wont loose a job too if things go awry?

I know people who turned down pure love from a partner all because he/she didn't have a job, or weren't educated enough and i ask myself, do this person know what they are missing?

Why is this trend becoming so popular in Nigeria? if you want to match make a couple the first thing everyone will ask you is does he or she have a job? haba!!!

As it stands here in Nigeria people without jobs will find it hard to get married than those with jobs? isn't that insane?

So because i have a good job i must only date or court a lady of the same social and financial status?

it is either we stop this destructive reasoning of i fear for the future of this country. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 22, 2016
My bro, I can't get married unless I have a source of income. My kids are not coming to this world to suffer! What if husby starts misbehaving(we need to be optimistic and pessimistic at times and I'm a full house wife)? So, I will have to stay in the marriage bcox I don't have a job and bcox of the kids? No!No!!No!!! Ko possible undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 22, 2016
But I don't see nothing wrong with this TBH

It's just normal and ok to want to get married to working class partner.
Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by falconey(m): 6:36am On Feb 22, 2016
Ijaya
Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
HateU2:
My bro, I can't get married unless I have a source of income. My kids are not coming to this world to suffer! What if husby starts misbehaving(we need to be optimistic and pessimistic at times and I'm a full house wife)? So, I will have to stay in the marriage bcox I don't have a job and bcox of the kids? No!No!!No!!! Ko possible undecided

My dear money can't bring peace to a troubled home. If there's no love when you are broke trust me there would be non when you have money.
You won't understand this now, but go ahead , chase that money, a day will come you would remember these words

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
But I don't see nothing wrong with this TBH

It's just normal and ok to want to get married to working class partner.

I never said one should marry a worker or not what I said is this biase against people without job seems pointless.
I have heard a father ask his daughter where her fiancée works then criticize her chose against another suitor who is a banker.... Imagine that...not based on character but because he is a banker
Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. Looking for an answer is like asking or waiting for peace in the middle east.

No peace in the middle east until yeshua comes back to reign in his kingdom.

OR.

Nigerian girls will continue to marry for money until the trumpet blows and Jesus returns. Then undiluted love is returned to its rightful place.

Until then, every Nigerian hustler will have to marry a Nigerian girl knowing money is the tie that binds and the root of all of their affairs/relationship/love/marriage.

Perhaps, Nigerian traditional marriage ceremonial speech should include "I promise to......as long as you keeping making money......until lack of money do us part". And the priest will say, you may now "flash the bride with money".

SMH......
Re: Nigerian Economy & Love by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
lestat:

My dear money can't bring peace to a troubled home. If there's no love when you are broke trust me there would be non when you have money.
You won't understand this now, but go ahead , chase that money, a day will come you would remember these words
smiley
Atigbo sir

(1) (Reply)

Article: The Cheaters Lodge / What Is True Love? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.