Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? (11370 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Wives and Intending Wives, Do you Love Guys Who Can Cook Very Well? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by PresVA: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chidoks:

Physical and verbal abuse isn't part of it. He will never do it. I trust him and God willing, he will never betray that trust.
As for the cheating part, leave matter o. I don't want to raise dust here but believe me when I say I love him deeply, unconditionally!!
Nobody is praying for such.. just to let you know that love has conditions. .
You may love him because he doesn't abuse you..then his other good qualities..
But if he ever beats you, your love for him will never be same again...eettccc

There are reasons we love! There must be some kind of attachment. ..

I understand you love your spouse a lot but.....
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chidoks:

Physical and verbal abuse isn't part of it. He will never do it. I trust him and God willing, he will never betray that trust.
As for the cheating part, leave matter o. I don't want to raise dust here but believe me when I say I love him deeply, unconditionally!!

If he does a Caitlin Jenner starts smoking becomes physically abusive and abusing drugs would you still love him unconditionally?
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by sisisioge: 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yes! My Sis, my mom and my grandmother. I'm looking forward to adding non family members to the list.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by kellyJames5(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2016
The truth is no human can love unconditionally.
Its quite impossible.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by mykaboo: 2:38am On Feb 23, 2016
Yes, I love my fiance unconditionally. SOmetimes he lies to me a lot and sometimes makes the dumbest decisions but in my heart, I cannot hate him. He has unrealistic expectations of love in that he assumes that I am to give him money whenever he asks without question and hesitation. We argue but at the end of the day, I continue to pray for God to give him love in his heart and wisdom and understanding in things. It really hurts to truly love someone and to wonder if they can ever really love you back the way that you love them.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by cococandy(f): 2:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Soon.
My child. I think I'll still love them no matter what they do to me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by luciouscookie: 3:11am On Feb 23, 2016
My family, they are my everything.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Pidggin(f): 4:27am On Feb 23, 2016
I think I have loved my family members unconditional so far smiley
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:27am On Feb 23, 2016
Myself! cool

No one else. kiss

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by ojeota(f): 7:59am On Feb 23, 2016
When you love yourself unconditionally, every other thing becomes secondary. You wont be hurt as you use to be, anger reduces, forgive easily and so on.
It is only when you love yourself that you can now transmite the love to others.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by 4nobody4every1: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Cool. I am looking forward to reading your response.
She has helped me to succinctly put it in a summarized version of what l had in mind, with her response below...@ojeota, thanks. cool

ojeota:
When you love yourself unconditionally, every other thing becomes secondary. You wont be hurt as you use to be, anger reduces, forgive easily and so on.
It is only when you love yourself that you can now transmite the love to others.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Chidoks(f): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2016
PresVA:
Nobody is praying for such.. just to let you know that love has conditions. .
You may love him because he doesn't abuse you..then his other good qualities..
But if he ever beats you, your love for him will never be same again...eettccc

There are reasons we love! There must be some kind of attachment. ..

I understand you love your spouse a lot but.....
If your child, God forbid indulges in any manner of vices will you disown or let the love diminish? The answer in most cases is no! Why will you then love your spouse less if he misbehaves?
Love hopes for the best. I don't see him hitting me because I love him. It takes a weak man to hit a woman, and I know he's not weak, I don't wish he becomes weak, I pray he never hits me because it's an irresponsible man that does that and he's not that
Another side of the coin is this, what must I have done to make him hit me? If I do my part as a dutiful and loving wife, why then will he hit me?
Love is a reciprocal, there is no way you'll be committed and get beatings in return. I try to do stuffs that promotes peace in the home why then must they beat me?

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Chidoks(f): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2016
mykaboo:
Yes, I love my fiance unconditionally. SOmetimes he lies to me a lot and sometimes makes the dumbest decisions but in my heart, I cannot hate him. He has unrealistic expectations of love in that he assumes that I am to give him money whenever he asks without question and hesitation. We argue but at the end of the day, I continue to pray for God to give him love in his heart and wisdom and understanding in things. It really hurts to truly love someone and to wonder if they can ever really love you back the way that you love them.
I feel you and I wish you the best. In most cases they love you back but aren't good in expressing it. If your heart is positive and large ( accomodating)enough, you break all barriers
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Chidoks(f): 9:20am On Feb 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

If he does a Caitlin Jenner starts smoking becomes physically abusive and abusing drugs would you still love him unconditionally?
One thing you should consider is his type of person from day one. He drinks occasionally not more than a bottle. Doesn't mix with people of questionable character etc etc.
Why will he wake up suddenly to smoke and do drugs? There are certain habits that cannot be picked up at certain age.
However if he comes home tomorrow with even a bottle of dry gin(God forbid) the love I have for him will compel me to work on him and assertain the cause of the new habit then followed by enough binding and casting!

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Dyt(f): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2016
mykaboo:

Loving him against all odds
I tell people there are lots like this
Even doing the things an ordinary man cannot do to you and get away, but with him you still stand

Kudos
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by ojeota(f): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2016
4nobody4every1:
She has helped me to succinctly put it in a summarized version of what l had in mind, with her response below...@ojeota, thanks. cool

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by goodgate: 10:01am On Feb 23, 2016
Yes My Youngest brother,I can die for him.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Amhappy(f): 10:50am On Feb 23, 2016
I think is only God that loves unconditionally.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
ronald4lif:

I think it's impractical for humans to love unconditionally. Unconditional is anything without limitations and I think for whatever love and affectionate we have for anyone does depends on the way we're treated and loved in return by this person.

And should this person, whoever they are, treat us unfairly then that love dies off with time. Now can such love qualify as unconditional? When there was a proviso attached to it? Human's I don't think have the capacity to love absolutely and without limitation.

I think some do.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Amhappy:
I think is only God that loves unconditionally.

For sure God does.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
goodgate:
Yes My Youngest brother,I can die for him.

Same here.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chidoks:

One thing you should consider is his type of person from day one. He drinks occasionally not more than a bottle. Doesn't mix with people of questionable character etc etc.
Why will he wake up suddenly to smoke and do drugs? There are certain habits that cannot be picked up at certain age.
However if he comes home tomorrow with even a bottle of dry gin(God forbid) the love I have for him will compel me to work on him and assertain the cause of the new habit then followed by enough binding and casting!

The question is whether you would still love him if he did.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
cococandy:
Soon.
My child. I think I'll still love them no matter what they do to me.

Many mothers love unconditionally. This is the beauty of motherhood.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
mykaboo:

Love does not hurt.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by damiso(f): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tough question..

and to be honest, I don't even think I have ever given it much thought.

I would like to think I love my kids unconditionally but how do I even know what 'conditions' might change that if I have never been in the situation to 'test' that love.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by mykaboo: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Love does not hurt.

Love hurts all the time. When you love someone, you even hurt just when you see them hurt. You hurt when you see your kids doing craziness. It hurts when you discipline your kids. It hurts when you argue with a loved one. To always expect happiness is unrealistic. Hurting is how we know that we are alive otherwise we are merely high on whatever life even, high on whatever drug, high on whatever temporary, fleeting feeling that satiates our feelings. Love hurts, growing hurts, being strong hurts. Losing hurts, winning hurts. Does the hurt go to abuse? No. Does the hurt last continually? No.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by crackhaus: 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
I love those I love unconditionally (very few), because I wouldn't even love someone if it wasn't unconditional in the first place...
I don't know how to deceive myself, I've tried to and I still don't know how to.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by bukatyne(f): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

For sure God does.

Does God love unconditionally?

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
mykaboo:

Love hurts all the time.

Love feels good, it does not hurt.

When you love someone, you even hurt just when you see them hurt.

Commiserating hurts, not love but you could instead take pleasure in uplifting them instead of being hurt because they are hurt, which won't help.

You hurt when you see your kids doing craziness.

I don't. I understand that craziness is part of growing up.

It hurts when you discipline your kids.

I do not discipline my children in a way that hurts me.

It hurts when you argue with a loved one.

I rarely argue with my loved ones and when I do, I do it in a way that is not harmful or disrespectful.

To always expect happiness is unrealistic.

Maybe, so what?

Hurting is how we know that we are alive otherwise we are merely high on whatever life even, high on whatever drug, high on whatever temporary, fleeting feeling that satiates our feelings.

I do not need pain to feel alive and I enjoy flying high.

Love hurts, growing hurts, being strong hurts. Losing hurts, winning hurts. Does the hurt go to abuse? No. Does the hurt last continually? No.

Love does not hurt. Love feels good. You cannot feel love and pain at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
bukatyne:

Does God love unconditionally?

YES!
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by bukatyne(f): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

YES!

Hmmmm....

Trying to juxtapose it with Him hating Esau without cause and a sinner ending up in hell if not repentant.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
bukatyne:

Hmmmm....

Trying to juxtapose it with Him hating Esau without cause and a sinner ending up in hell if not repentant.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but the Bible does not make much sense to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bill Cosby? Father Figure or EX CAREER RAPIST? / . / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.