Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? (11375 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Wives and Intending Wives, Do you Love Guys Who Can Cook Very Well? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by PresVA: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Siena:
Yes. My children, they are my life, my world. Nothing, and no one comes close.
You love them BECAUSE they're your blood; you can't just forsake them.. To me, that's a condition. .. Would you love those kids "unconditionally" if they weren't yours?

Alll these people mentioning family members, you love them because they're your blood..a crucial part of your life..

Can you love a TOTAL stranger which you have no form of attachment whatsoever with, "unconditionally"??
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by E383: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
PresVA:
You love them BECAUSE they're your blood; you can't just forsake them.. To me, that's a condition. .. Would you love those kids "unconditionally" if they weren't yours?

Alll these people mentioning family members, you love them because they're your blood..a crucial part of your life..

Can you love a TOTAL stranger which you have no form of attachment whatsoever with, "unconditionally"??

Everyone is selfish mom. We all unknown to us (maybe) seek to please ourselves. Only God's love is unconditional.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
E383:

Everyone is selfish mom. We all unknown to us (maybe) seek to please ourselves. Only God's love is unconditional.

Erm, God's love isn't unconditional. There are conditions attached. You have to be righteous to enjoy God's love.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by PresVA: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
E383:

Yeah, I believe we love for a reason(s). ..

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by PresVA: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Timbuktou:

Erm, God's love isn't unconditional. There are conditions attached. You have to be righteous to enjoy God's love.
Yeah right. . But God's still willing to take you back no matter how sinful you're. .. He delights in the repentance of a sinner and not his death or condemnation. . He even died on the cross for sinners; so much love kiss
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by E383: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Timbuktou:

Read what you typed again and try to understand this.

By default at creation you were created righteous. Did you pay anything to be born? Did you pay anything to God to send Jesus to die for you? Is being righteous not supposed to be a default setting? How is that now a job? You are making it look like you are losing anything by following God by saying you are "working" for it by being righteous. Who made you righteous? Your works?

Bro, God's love is unconditional. You do not deserve it, yet have it. Even when you wandered of on your own he sought ways to bring you back without a price.

Righteousness is not a condition to be love by God. He loves us all regardless of our sins that is why he still sent Christ. But he hates sin.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
PresVA:
Yeah right. . But God's still willing to take you back no matter how sinful you're. .. He delights in the repentance of a sinner and not his death or condemnation. . He even died on the cross for sinners; so much love kiss

So much love, but not enough unconditional love wink. Aren't we as humans willing to take back those that offend us if they are truly repentant and eschew their "evil" ways. That's the condition na, except I dont understand English language anymore.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
E383:

Read what you typed again and try to understand this.

By default at creation you were created righteous. Did you pay anything to be born? Did you pay anything to God to send Jesus to die for you? Is being righteous not supposed to be a default setting? How is that now a job? You are making it look like you are losing anything by following God by saying you are "working" for it by being righteous. Who made you righteous? Your works?

Bro, God's love is unconditional. You do not deserve it, yet have it. Even when you wandered of on your own he sought ways to bring you back without a price.

Righteousness is not a condition to be love by God. He loves us all regardless of our sins that is why he still sent Christ. But he hates sin.

If I wasn't created Jesus wouldn't have needed to die for me. Abi I lie I find it odd that God would create humans knowing full well he would Jesus to come and be slain to atone for sins. I would have made a very happy tree or chocolate bar. However, here I am, being told to hang on to someone's blood for any hope at redemption.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
Timbuktou:

If I wasn't created Jesus wouldn't have needed to die for me. Abi I lie I find it odd that God would create humans knowing full well he would Jesus to come and be slain to atone for sins. I would have made a very happy tree or chocolate bar. However, here I am, being told to hang on to someone's blood for any hope at redemption.

grin grin grin grin grin

And you people still believe that God would make something like this even though he is Almighty? cheesy
I wonder how it makes sense to any of you, really. undecided
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin grin grin

And you people still believe that God would make something like this even though he is Almighty? cheesy
I wonder how it makes sense to any of you, really. undecided

My sister, make we leave talk of God to those wey dey believe.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Timbuktou:

My sister, make we leave talk of God to those wey dey believe.

I do. wink
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by 4nobody4every1: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I do. wink
Hello, are you satisfied with all the responses so far or not cool
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I do. wink
Oh, yeah? What variant(s) do you subscribe to?
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:
The discussion is taking an interesting turn. wink

I agree smiley

Why did you decide to bring time and effort into the discussion? cheesy Does loving people mean that you are required to spend time with them or make any efforts?

And more importantly, why do you have to consider anyone worthy of your love when the feeling of love does more for you than for the ones that you love because it is something that you feel and the feeling is good, isn't it? This is where people get it wrong most of the time. Hating or loving affects you in the first place, not the person you love or hate.

Of course it is possible to understand people today and to condemn them tomorrow. It is also possible to constantly seek to understand them. It is a choice if you want so. To what end? To feel good. You do it for yourself. Doesn't understanding feel better than condemnation?

Well, you can feel condemnation, resentment or even hate justly or unjustly. You can hold grudges justly or unjustly. The point is that it affects you. Forgiveness and love free you, not the one you forgive or love. In fact, you can hold grudges and hatred or love and forgiveness, which will affect you positively or negatively without the other caring at all. You choose how you feel if you have control over how you feel.

Well, that's interesting. It seems you've a contrary opinon, and I'm def curious to hear it. But, for me, making an effort towards someone else's happiness, or at least enjoying their company and wanting to spend more time with them comes with the territory of "love".

The feeling alone, regardless of how good it may feel, cannot be a stand-alone. Emotions, however powerful, are flimsy without reason as bolster. So, yes, they must be worthy of my love. If they aren't worthy of the energy, the time, the effort, they then cease to be worthy of the love.

I will allow myself forgive, understand, condemn and love if/when it makes sense to, as reason dictactes. If my love must flow ceaseless, unabounded, without rhyme nor reason, or rather with rhyme alone and no reason at all, then the recepient of said so-called "unconditional love" is of a plane with that sexy staring stranger over there, whom I also have no reason to love. Oh, and that other....and...hmm...yeah, def that...that, too. Yes?

See, there are conditions to everything and anything in this world worth having. Shall I suggest that anyone who desires so-called "unconditional love" reconnect with their best bet, their mother (that is, if they're luckyyy), or get themselves a pet, preferably a dog. That is why people keep pets, you know. There is a reason dogs have been dubbed man's best friend. The owner-pet relationship is one of rhyme. Were our animal friends of higher intellect, and consequently, of more condition, I guarantee you, we would not bother keep them as we do.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Hello, are you satisfied with all the responses so far or not cool

Yes. I appreciate people sharing their thoughts on this topic. Why?
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

I agree smiley

smiley

Well, that's interesting. It seems you've a contrary opinon, and I'm def curious to hear it. But, for me, making an effort towards someone else's happiness, or at least enjoying their company and wanting to spend more time with them comes with the territory of "love".

I would not call my opinion contrary. It is just a differing perspective.

The feeling alone, regardless of how good it may feel, cannot be a stand-alone. Emotions, however powerful, are flimsy without reason as bolster. So, yes, they must be worthy of my love. If they aren't worthy of the energy, the time, the effort, they then cease to be worthy of the love.

Why can't the feeling be a "stand-alone"? Why is it not enough to feel good? Why do you have to invest time and effort instead of simply enjoying a good feeling?

I will allow myself forgive, understand, condemn and love if/when it makes sense to, as reason dictactes. If my love must flow ceaseless, unabounded, without rhyme nor reason, or rather with rhyme alone and no reason at all, then the recepient of said so-called "unconditional love" is of a plane with that sexy staring stranger over there, whom I also have no reason to love. Oh, and that other....and...hmm...yeah, def that...that, too. Yes?

Your love does not have to flow but it can. It is not a must, it is an advantage.

See, there are conditions to everything and anything in this world worth having. Shall I suggest that anyone who desires so-called "unconditional love" reconnect with their best bet, their mother (that is, if they're luckyyy), or get themselves a pet, preferably a dog. That is why people keep pets, you know. There is a reason dogs have been dubbed man's best friend. The owner-pet relationship is one of rhyme. Were our animal friends of higher intellect, and consequently, of more condition, I guarantee you, we would not bother keep them as we do.

Well, there are people who have the best of lives and feel unhappy and there are people who find happiness amidst of the most cumbersome conditions, which leads to one conclusion, you can feel good regardless of conditions and you can feel bad despite the best of conditions.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Timbuktou:

Oh, yeah? What variant(s) do you subscribe to?

Do you mean religion by variant? I subscribe to no religion. I just know that God exists but I do not believe in a God that creates people to test and punish them. It makes no sense at all.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by 4nobody4every1: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Yes. I appreciate people sharing their thoughts on this topic. Why?
Just asking and following as a ghost reader at the background cool
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Do you mean religion by variant? I subscribe to no religion. I just know that God exists but I do not believe in a God that creates people to test and punish them. It makes no sense at all.

Religion/belief system, etc. So, what's your responsibility to this God or your relationship with Him?
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

smiley
I would not call my opinion contrary. It is just a differing perspective.

Why can't the feeling be a "stand-alone"? Why is it not enough to feel good? Why do you have to invest time and effort instead of simply enjoying a good feeling?

Hmm...I know what that is, it's a fling?

Flings are good and all, they serve their purpose, but they're short and sweet (with an emphasis on short), which is reason why it flies to cruise by on nothing but the feelzsies. In any LT rel, you can only cruise the feelzsies for so long before you have to invest some time and effort, before you have to start investing something.

Your love does not have to flow but it can. It is not a must, it is an advantage.

How? And what are the advantages?

Well, there are people who have the best of lives and feel unhappy and there are people who find happiness amidst of the most cumbersome conditions, which leads to one conclusion, you can feel good regardless of conditions and you can feel bad despite the best of conditions.

Good point, and fair. But, personally, among the first set, I'd be on the lookout for the missing piece. Among the second set, I'd be trying my utmost to remove myself from said cumbersome conditions. I understand some folks make great martyrs, but, me, a martyr I do not make. Nah. Life, life is too short.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Hmm...I know what that is, it's a fling?

Flings are good and all, they serve their purpose, but they're short and sweet (with an emphasis on short), which is reason why it flies to cruise by on nothing but the feelzsies. In any LT rel, you can only cruise the feelzsies for so long before you have to invest some time and effort, before you have to start investing something.

A fling? I wasn't talking about a fling. Some people love celebrities and do not invest any time and energy in them. Some people love their exes instead of feeling bitterness or resentment and without investing time and effort. Other people love the moon without investing time and energy in the beauty of it. Some people love Jesus and do not attend church. Other people love their dead relatives and do not invest time and energy in the relationship they have with them, which is mental and more importantly emotional.

How? And what are the advantages?

The good feeling is the advantage and the empowerment that comes along with good feelings that are not attached to certain conditions is another.
See, if your feelings depend on how other people behave, then it means that you have no control over how you feel.

Good point, and fair. But, personally, among the first set, I'd be on the lookout for the missing piece. Among the second set, I'd be trying my utmost to remove myself from said cumbersome conditions. I understand some folks make great martyrs, but, me, a martyr I do not make. Nah. Life, life is too short.

Nobody was talking about martyrs. It is about you being in control over how you feel and not allowing circumstances and people determine how you feel. This is why so many relationships fail. People believe that their partners are responsible for how they feel. If the behavior is pleasing, they feel great, if it isn't, they blame them. Where is personal responsibility in all of this?

Let me give you another example. A couple has been happily married for 20 years. One of the spouses leaves the other. The abandoned spouse can decide to hate the one who left and feel resentment and unworthy or the spouse can decide to appreciate the beautiful years they had and keep the loving memory while at the same time embracing a new phase in their life.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
Timbuktou:

Religion/belief system, etc. So, what's your responsibility to this God or your relationship with Him?

Responsibility? I have no responsibilities cool

Relationship? A very beautiful one. wink
Unconditional love and unconditional support is at the core of this relationship.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Just asking and following as a ghost reader at the background cool

Join us actively. cheesy
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by 4nobody4every1: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Join us actively. cheesy

Sipping my water melon with Pop corn reading all the arguments cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Responsibility? I have no responsibilities cool

Relationship? A very beautiful one. wink
Unconditional love and unconditional support is at the core of this relationship.

Correct. You planning on monetizing your discovery? grin grin

Meanwhile,
https://www.nairaland.com/2993221/man-flogs-wife-over-virginity

grin grin
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by oyxah(f): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Yes! My mom.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by KlausVestner(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
I love my wify unconditional, no matter what might happen ...and my entire life belongs to her, would die for her and I'm not asking for something in reverse.
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Sipping my water melon with Pop corn reading all the arguments cool

I appreciate the popcorn more than any of the responses. grin cheesy smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Timbuktou:

Correct. You planning on monetizing your discovery? grin grin

My discovery is already helping in a lot of ways all day every day. wink

Meanwhile,
https://www.nairaland.com/2993221/man-flogs-wife-over-virginity

grin grin

grin grin grin

People and their issues. Let me not dig deeper into the story. I prefer to talk about unconditional love. It makes me feel good. smiley
Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by 4nobody4every1: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I appreciate the popcorn more than any of the responses. grin cheesy smiley wink
wink cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

A fling? I wasn't talking about a fling. Some people love celebrities and do not invest any time and energy in them. Some people love their exes instead of feeling bitterness or resentment and without investing time and effort. Other people love the moon without investing time and energy in the beauty of it. Some people love Jesus and do not attend church. Other people love their dead relatives and do not invest time and energy in the relationship they have with them, which is mental and more importantly emotional.

Alright, how about we put aside, for just a moment, people we dont know personally (celebrities), the absent, the deceased, God/Jesus, and 'objects' like the moon. How about everyone else? Do you disagree with the observation that most every relationship out there requires an investment of time and effort?

The good feeling is the advantage and the empowerment that comes along with good feelings that are not attached to certain conditions is another.
See, if your feelings depend on how other people behave, then it means that you have no control over how you feel.

It isn't enough. In fact, it's worse. You get the good feelings either way. But, in this case, it's only when your feelings are good that they actually even matter, because the "other people" clearly have no regard for how their negative behaviors affect you/others. Unfortunately, I'm not a robot to feel and unfeel at will. Really, It'd be dope if I could. And when they finally come out with that pill, I'll be the first in line. Robot efficiency is the way of the future grin

Nobody was talking about martyrs. It is about you being in control over how you feel and not allowing circumstances and people determine how you feel. This is why so many relationships fail. People believe that their partners are responsible for how they feel. If the behavior is pleasing, they feel great, if it isn't, they blame them. Where is personal responsibility in all of this?

This is a very interesting view. Alright, imagine we're close friends. Let's say we get into a giant argument one afternoon and I hurl terrible insults at you, words that offend you deeply. You're saying that it would be wrong for you to find fault in my behavior? That you would not blame me for using such words against you, but blame yourself for being offended, essentially, for feeling? Or, are you saying that you wouldn't feel offended in the first place, because you'd choose not to be offended. Please clarify.

Let me give you another example. A couple has been happily married for 20 years. One of the spouses leaves the other. The abandoned spouse can decide to hate the one who left and feel resentment and unworthy or the spouse can decide to appreciate the beautiful years they had and keep the loving memory while at the same time embracing a new phase in their life.

How does this tie into the concept of unconditional love? To embrace the new phase properly, they'd eventually have to let go of their ex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bill Cosby? Father Figure or EX CAREER RAPIST? / . / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.