Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria (623 Views)

Buhari’s Silence On Southern Kaduna Genocide Worrisome – CAN / #panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigeria's population is about 170 million people and it's projected to increase to about 200 million in a couple of years, and then 250 million and continuously rising. The sad thing is that the economy is not improving proportionally to accommodate the rise in population. Wouldn't it be a disaster if the population rises and the resources isn't there to Carter for them all? As it stands at the moment there is too much pressure exerted on the available poor infrastructures by the current population especially in places like Lagos. Then what should we expect when the population increases? A lot of people are currently going hungry in the country and resorting to desperate measures to survive, which includes both legal and illegal means. If the population increases unchecked while the economy shows little or no growth the number of hungry and desperate mouths to feed will multiply as well, which will increase the number of people resorting to crime to make a living for themselves. This is going to be chaotic.

Shouldn't we be worried about a situation like this?
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by blackfase(m): 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Of course we should. An here we have a foolish rep member from d north saying its immoral for d govt. to put a control on birthrate, that God will provide. I can't believe I'm in same country with some of these very dumbfvck politicians.....
Smh
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by chubhiee: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ontarget:
Nigeria's population is about 170 million people and it's projected to increase to about 200 million in a couple of years. The sad thing is that the economy is not improving proportionally to accommodate the rise in population. Wouldn't it be a disaster if the population rises and the resources isn't there to Carter for them all? As it stands at the moment there is too much pressure exerted on the available poor infrastructures by the current population especially in places like Lagos. Then what should we expect when the population increases? A lot people are currently going hungry in the country and resorting to desperate measures to survive, which includes both legal and illegal means. If the population increases unchecked while the economy shows little or no growth the number of hungry and desperate mouths to feed will multiply as well, which will increase the number people resorting to crime to make a living for themselves. This is going to be chaotic.

Shouldn't we be worried about a situation like this?
The rate of ritual killings ongoing is alarming all in an effort to survive Buhari regime. The rate which people are visiting babalawo and pastors to device spiritual means to stay afloat is at epic proportions. Nigerians deserve Buhari. I stand with the people's general GMB.
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
chubhiee:

The rate of ritual killings ongoing is alarming all in an effort to survive Buhari regime. The rate which people are visiting babalawo and pastors to device spiritual means to stay afloat is at epic proportions. Nigerians deserve Buhari. I stand with the people's general GMB.
Isn't your comment off topic?

1 Like

Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
I think the youths of this nation needs to wake up. These old men in power will soon be in their graves leaving the youths behind to suffer the future consequences of their misrule.
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by chubhiee: 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ontarget:
Isn't your comment off topic?
Perhaps, the ritual killings is helping balance the rising population?
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
chubhiee:

Perhaps, the ritual killings is helping balance the rising population?
Lol. Ritual killing will have no significant impact to tame down the dangerously rising population. For each person killed, 5 more people will replace.
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
I thought I was the only person seeing it o. Nigeria is seriously over populated o. I heard it might get to one billion by 2050.
Re: The Worrisome Rising Population Of Nigeria by chinchum(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nigeria is not overpopulated, but the issue is those breeding poverty, giving birth to what they can clearly not take care of. Oga has 2 kids, driver has 9 kids. Those 9 kids are shortchanged nutritionally, educationally, emotionally, and you wonder why there won't be problem soon enough.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari / 18 Killed In Gokana, Rivers State Clash - Army Denys / Buhari Cancels #5000 For Unemployed Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.