Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View (2867 Views)

Oweilaemi Pereotubo, The President Of Ijaw Youths Visits Asari Dokubo, Tom Ateke / Asari Dokubo Celebrates His Aunt's 90th Birthday (Photos) / Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by glacswhite: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2016
BIAFRA : ASARI DOKUBO RELEASES
MORE PROOF THAT IJAW IS BIAFRA
(Must Read)

Ignorance can be a terrible disease…but is curable if the sufferer is ready to humble himself to learn and accept the cure for his sickness….
Biafra is a Kalabari Ijaw phrase BIA FULO
meaning not properly cooked…the
Kalabari of Kula named the estuary of
Santa Barbara BIA FULO because of the
turbulence of the sea at the estuary…The
Portuguese like they did to many other
names,words and phrases which they
could not pronounced properly named
the area BIAFRA…Later the coastline from
the estuary of River Nun to the coast of
Gabon was named the Bight of Biafra.
The doyen of our struggle Isaac Adaka
Boro clearly affirmed that Ijaw is BIAFRA
in Chapter Six, page fifty-seven of his
autobiography ‘Twelve Day Revolution’.
Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
before the declaration of secession
convoke an Eastern Nigerian consultative
Assembly to decide on the direction and
way forward for the Eastern Region after
the 1966/1967 pogrom against Easterners
in the north…The assembly debated on
many names put forward by delegates
and chose BIAFRA which was put forward
by Frank Opigo an Ijaw…It was another
Ijaw Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson who first
played the glorious Biafran national
anthem during the proclamation of
independence on 30th May,1967 at
Enugu.
The Igbos are the closest neighbors of the
ijaws…with inter-marriages and trade
going back several centuries….Some Ijaw
City states had Igbo Kings and prominent
Igbo Alapu,Military strategies and
traders….Even today some Ijaw Kings
bear Igbo names….e.g King Kien Ezeolisa
Ambrose Allagoa and King Edmund
Maduabebe Daukoru both kings of
Nembe…King S.P.Uwakwe Ogan and King
Alfred Seminitari Abam all of okrika….I
am also Alabo EDI ABALI of Kalabari.
What other prove do we need to show
strong ties and inseparable relationship
with our Igbo brothers and sister….Most
importantly is the fact that the name
BIAFRA is Ijaw.

Source...
www.skynewsng.com/554

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Oladimejyy(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2016
L
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Let us work together to make our biafra dream a reality,. Nnamdi kanu 4 president, tompolo 4 vice president,. Dukubo 4 army chief,. Our hero gej will take secretary to the republc of biafra,. Madu go 4 information minster.,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Oladimejyy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fishermancom:
Let us work together to make our biafra dream a reality,. Nnamdi kanu 4 president, tompolo 4 vice president,. Dukubo 4 army chief,. Our hero gej will take secretary to the republc of biafra,. Madu go 4 information minster.,
Ahahahahah and you what position did u fit for mouthwashing
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Eshinwaju: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fishermancom:

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by glacswhite: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Problems Biafra will have is where to locate the capital...
Akwa Ibom said ''we must have the capital if we must join as not to have us as minority anymore''
Enugu said ''their is no need to argue because is our birth Right''
Anambra said ''gave Birth to Biafra''
Rivers said..we can only join if am the capital
Ijaw said ''we've no problem with Capital but To balance the situation we ought to control all our resources 100%''

In case of our Leaders Hmmm we dnt need corrupt ones....
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by glacswhite: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Akwa Ibom said ''we must have the capital if we must join as not to have us as minority anymore''
Rivers said..we can only join if we have the capital
Ijaw said ''we've no problem with Capital but To balance the situation we ought to control all our resources 100%''

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oladimejyy:
Ahahahahah and you what position did u fit for mouthwashing
i will be an ipob.what of you?what are u going to be in your republic of odua?

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Oladimejyy(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fishermancom:
i will be an ipob.what of you?what are u going to be in your republic of odua?
Olofin janan i,e PA to the king

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Flexherbal(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
Was it Asari that said all this?
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Wizprodigy: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
glacswhite:
Rivers said..we can only join if am the capital

TRASH. The capital has always been enugu since inception and there was no tossle about it from anybody and it will be enugu once achieved.
Cc: Tonyebarcanista, what do you make of this article?
Is it true you also have kings with igbo sounding names?
Do you agree that your tribe have mutual relationship with the igbos too like the rest of us east of the Niger?
Is it true that biafra might have been carved out of Bia Fula which is ijaw?
Or is Asari Dokubo not an ijaw?
Or is Asari Dokubo an ipobian?
Or is Asari Dokubo a liar?

Please, i would gladly like to hear your response.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
the spirit lives
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by teufelein(f): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fishermancom:

grin sad shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed grin cheesy

keloji
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
Wizprodigy:

TRASH. The capital has always been enugu since inception and there was no tossle about it from anybody and it will be enugu once achieved.
Cc: Tonyebarcanista, what do you make of this article?
Is it true you also have kings with igbo sounding names?
Do you agree that your tribe have mutual relationship with the igbos too like the rest of us east of the Niger?
Is it true that biafra might have been carved out of Bia Fula which is ijaw?
Or is Asari Dokubo not an ijaw?
Or is Asari Dokubo an ipobian?
Or is Asari Dokubo a liar?

Please, i would gladly like to hear your response.
Firstly, I have never denied the ancient neighbourhood relationship the Ijaws and the Igbos share. However, it is not just the Igbos but also to other Ijaw neighbours like Itsekiri, Urhobos, Ibibios, Ogonis etc. It would be out of place to deny this. In fact, history have it that we(Ijaw-Igbos) have traded together for years...

The so-called Bia-Fula being a prelude to a Biafran State is a product of Asari own creation and conspiracy theory by Mr Asari. There is no record anywhere to support this.

Thirdly, when we talk of "Igbo-sounding name", the question is "What is Igbo-sounding name"? Is Igbo a sound? I bear Solomon, an Hebrew name, does that make me relate the the jews? The fact is that when the whites came, they corrupted most of our names to suit their tongue, Perekule was changed to Pepple, even my Kingdom, Okrika was changed from Wakrike. I don't know the point he's trying to make anyway.

Fourthly, there has NEVER been an independent Biafran State. NEVER! While 0.0000001% Ojukwu's friends and associates of Ijaw extraction with majority Igbo decide on a Biafra in 1967 when the whole people of old Rivers state, including the Ijaws were celebrating their statehood(state). Contrary to what Asari is trying to feed on, Isaac Boro, the symbol of Ijaw struggle agitated for exclusive Ijaw state in 1966(Niger Delta Republic) and also made case for old Rivers state creation. Truth is we can't just jump into any new country with any group without having laid down agreement on fundamentals of the country. We don't want another "Nigeria" issue.

Another reason why Biafra isn't our thing is that we won't agree to any country that will balkanise our kinsmen because the Nigeria State does so. Any new State that Ijaws will be part of must capture ALL Ijaw territories up to those in Ondo state in SW, Nigeria.

Finally, for the umpteenth time, I am NOT against Biafra nor sharing State with Igbos or any group, but it will be suicidal to agree to an arrangement without ironing grey areas and reaching mutual agreement.

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by SoNature(m): 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm proudly Igbo and have always wished we would remain with Nigeria. But anywhere my people choose, I will gladly join them. All I ask is that this struggle must be peaceful.

Also, if we don't have enough military hardware to challenge and comfortably defeat Nigerian Military, another 1967 awaits us as the war against Boko Haram insurgency has compelled Nigerian govt to further equip and strengthen Nigerian Army.

I don't want another war because it will take us 100 years backwards. And for the youths instigating violence and chanting war songs, they should go and find out what normally happens during the war.

Finally, I don't want a frustrated soldier to capitalised on the war to tidy my mother, my cute babe, my fine sisters and destroy my father's house, biko grin

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by kuuljay(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fishermancom:
am only here to hear hear what IPOB youth has in Stock for you but I guess it's not gonna be funny,kanu that calls every body an idiot for me is not a good choice don't you think so grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Wizprodigy: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Firstly, I have never denied the ancient neighbourhood relationship the Ijaws and the Igbos share. However, it is not just the Igbos but also to other Ijaw neighbours like Itsekiri, Urhobos, Ibibios, Ogonis etc. It would be out of place to deny this. In fact, history have it that we(Ijaw-Igbos) have traded together for years...

The so-called Bia-Fula being a prelude to a Biafran State is a product of Asari own creation and conspiracy theory by Mr Asari. There is no record anywhere to support this.

Thirdly, when we talk of "Igbo-sounding name", the question is "What is Igbo-sounding name"? Is Igbo a sound? I bear Solomon, an Hebrew name, does that make me relate the the jews? The fact is that when the whites came, they corrupted most of our names to suit their tongue, Perekule was changed to Pepple, even my Kingdom, Okrika was changed from Wakrike. I don't know the point he's trying to make anyway.

Fourthly, there has NEVER been an independent Biafran State. NEVER! While 0.0000001% Ojukwu's friends and associates of Ijaw extraction with majority Igbo decide on a Biafra in 1967 when the whole people of old Rivers state, including the Ijaws were celebrating their statehood(state). Contrary to what Asari is trying to feed on, Isaac Boro, the symbol of Ijaw struggle agitated for exclusive Ijaw state in 1966(Niger Delta Republic) and also made case for old Rivers state creation. Truth is we can't just jump into any new country with any group without having laid down agreement on fundamentals of the country. We don't want another "Nigeria" issue.

Another reason why Biafra isn't our thing is that we won't agree to any country that will balkanise our kinsmen because the Nigeria State does so. Any new State that Ijaws will be part of must capture ALL Ijaw territories up to those in Ondo state in SW, Nigeria.

Finally, for the umpteenth time, I am NOT against Biafra nor sharing State with Igbos or any group, but it will be suicidal to agree to an arrangement without ironing grey areas and reaching mutual agreement.

Thanks!!!
Thanks for the response but, when i said igbo sounding names i never meant igbo was a sound like you suggested but are "igbo-like in pronounciation" and probably in meaning. Like in the case of igbo-idoma, igbo-igala, igbo-ibibio(only in obasi)
Secondly, i never said you denied any igbo-ijaw unity in the past but the way you go along tagging them land grabbers can be appalling. We should be advocating for a united east side even when correcting each others mistakes. They have proved to us times without numbers what a great neigbours they are (ignore the bull head). In the past we only had one war and it was an aro/ibibio war never have they had problems with you guys but because they lost the war of 1967 it is just bad how you tag them.
Finally about the biafran issue maybe going through their biafra blue print might be of help.
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Thanks for the response but, when i said igbo sounding names i never meant igbo was a sound like you suggested but are "igbo-like in pronounciation" and probably in meaning. Like in the case of igbo-idoma, igbo-igala, igbo-ibibio(only in obasi)
Secondly, i never said you denied any igbo-ijaw unity in the past but the way you go along tagging them land grabbers can be appalling. We should be advocating for a united east side even when correcting each others mistakes. They have proved to us times without numbers what a great neigbours they are (ignore the bull head). In the past we only had one war and it was an aro/ibibio war never have they had problems with you guys but because they lost the war of 1967 it is just bad how you tag them.
Finally about the biafran issue maybe going through their biafra blue print might be of help.
Once again, I have never called the Igbo race "landgrabbers". I have always believed in geographical boundaries. I have been enjoying cordial relationship with the Igbo folks until some /most IPOB apologists and I clashed over issues.

I have never shut the door of reconciliation with the Igbos, both in my personal capacity and as an Ijawman.

Truth is, unity with the Igbo nation is in the best interest of everyone but it must not be at anybody's expense. God knows that I will support the Igboman to be on the PDP ticket in 2019 and also as frontrunner when the PDP ticket returns to the South.

BTW: The unity also extend to our brothers from West, North and Central.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by IkpuMmadu: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Once again, I have never called the Igbo race "landgrabbers". I have always believed in geographical boundaries. I have been enjoying cordial relationship with the Igbo folks until some /most IPOB apologists and I clashed over issues.

I have never shut the door of reconciliation with the Igbos, both in my personal capacity and as an Ijawman.

Truth is, unity with the Igbo nation is in the best interest of everyone but it must not be at anybody's expense. God knows that I will support the Igboman to be on the PDP ticket in 2019 and also as frontrunner when the PDP ticket returns to the South.

Can you pls shut up!!!
We know you and your antics

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by PhockPhockMan: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Can you pls shut up!!!

Hmmmm, this your moniker Eeehh.

gringringringrin gringrin
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by IkpuMmadu: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Hmmmm, this your moniker Eeehh.

gringringringrin gringrin

It is your moniker that gave me inspiration

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Wizprodigy: 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I like your path of reasoning. But that doesn't mean we should clamp down on the real extent of the igbos. Like those denying the existence of igbos in the south south. We should rather think of a united way to make the igbos feel belonged. Treat everyone with fairness and also be accomodating to those who can improve our standard of living and think of national unity. Don't you think so?
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Wizprodigy: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Can you pls shut up!!!
Pls, calm down. If he believe in an unbiased national unity lets go along with it until he proves otherwise.
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Can you pls shut up!!! We know you and your antics
Now this is part of the problem but "I don't give a damn sir"...
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
Wizprodigy:

I like your path of reasoning. But that doesn't mean we should clamp down on the real extent of the igbos. Like those denying the existence of igbos in the south south. We should rather think of a united way to make the igbos feel belonged. Treat everyone with fairness and also be accomodating to those who can improve our standard of living and think of national unity. Don't you think so?
It shall be well with you sir!

God in heaven knows that I'm against injustice towards anyone. If any group in the SS say they are Igbos, who am I to tell them otherwise? If they say they are not Igbo I still don't meddle in their affairs. I've not done that. The only thing is that I won't agree when someone says a group within Ijaw territory is Igbo or Igbo-owned. Just as I always tell my Itsekiri brothers that Okerenkoko is Ijaw-owned. This doesn't mean I have hatred for them.

However, I admit that we haven't been tactical and matured in addressing these issues among ourselves(on this forum). Admittedly, we've made irrational comments in the process of arguing for ourselves, but that again isn't unexpected in human relationship.

Like I said, the path to reconciliation isn't shut!!!

1 Like

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Wizprodigy: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It shall be well with you sir!

God in heaven knows that I'm against injustice towards anyone. If any group in the SS say they are Igbos, who am I to tell them otherwise? If they say they are not Igbo I still don't meddle in their affairs. I've not done that. The only thing is that I won't agree when someone says a group within Ijaw territory is Igbo or Igbo-owned. Just as I always tell my Itsekiri brothers that Okerenkoko is Ijaw-owned. This doesn't mean I have hatred for them.

However, I admit that we haven't been tactical and matured in addressing these issues among ourselves(on this forum). Admittedly, we've made irrational comments in the process of arguing for ourselves, but that again isn't unexpected in human relationship.

Like I said, the path to reconciliation isn't shut!!!
I never said you were meddling. It was general question which you personalized.
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by HopeAtHand: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lol.. reporting from Benin republic.
Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by Freedom4us: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2016
glacswhite:
Rivers said..we can only join if we have the capital

no be ur wahala where we locate capital

And its coming thats why the North &West are scared

This unity between the South-South & SOuth-East dey fear them well well grin

See as dem dey shake

Re: Asari Dakubo And His Biafran View by glacswhite: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Freedom4us:

no be ur wahala where we locate capital

And its coming thats why the North &West are scared

This unity between the South-South & SOuth-East dey fear them well well grin

See as dem dey shake

The Newest Country on Earth..With its Pounds Equal to British Pounds and partially Above Dollar and Not ,N402 per 1 dollar...SMH

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In Aba Today / EXCLUSIVE | Buhari Panics Over Threat Of Military Coup, Appoints New CSO / Photo & Profile Of Suspected Terrorist Behind New York City Bomb Blast Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.