Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) (752 Views)

''I Tried A Prostitute And She Was Sweet, I Now Want To Divorce My Pregnant Wife / My Ladies Please Come In, I Have Vital Info For You All / I Want To Divorce And Dump My Wife ( See What She Did To Me) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by veeluv2015(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
We need to know the cause of the problem before we'll be able to offer a solution. Tell us what you think is the cause an how you think we can control it. Your advice might help in saving a home from breaking apart #SayNoToDivorce

SOURCE: http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/02/help-put-stop-to-divorce.html

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by Cutehector(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Because married women fail to be wives nd married men fail to be husbands.

1 Like

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by Joe4lv(m): 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Normally, I would read this and move to the next topic but I was tempted to pause and probably say something about this deadly situation eating deep into our society. Gone are the days when people celebrate golden jubilee in the marriage. It now seems the average age our marriages now last is 10 and the society is not taking note of this decline.

Am not a socialogist but I think we are gradually creeping into individuality in Nigeria. Individuality,to me, means a situation where we live together in same room but do things separately and the only things holding us together are sex and money for family upkeep.

We started it with husband and wife having separate bedrooms and only sleep in the same room if there are needs for sex. The advent of separate rooms now creates individualism among couples and should in case there be a misunderstanding, it takes time to settle them.

That apart, I have over years studied marriages and I have noticed that we actually live in a time when patience is no longer a virtue amongst couples. We have embraced the opinion that the best way out of an issue is to walk away from it.

Feminism and several concepts are really killing us in Africa. Am not in support of men making women slaves but I think we shouldn't throw into the dustbins the fact that a man and a woman have defined roles they must play to make the family work.

Will stop here for now cos of work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by JudgementHammer: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
In the western world, their cause of divorce there is over-civilization but naija own is mostly due to our terrible economy. Men can't be men bcus they don't have as much as they should, women who have more than their husbands wanna be in control bcus they know what it means to have money in this hard economy and the men don't want to be controlled. Thats my view.

1 Like

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by Smellingmouth: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by cruzita(f): 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
Because they don't know what they actually want before getting married

1 Like

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
SELFISHNESS.

True love is driven by genuine sacrifice. If you do not inconvenience yourself to show love to your wife, then what you have may just be a sham, and vice versa.

people marry for all the wrong reasons these days. everyone is getting married because they have expectations and needs they want their spouses to fill.

what if everyone went into a relationship or marriage with the thought that they will not expect anything from their significant other but that they will do the giving and treat their spouses as they want to be treated, without expecting anything back?

I'll bet that will solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by veeluv2015(f): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ioannes:
SELFISHNESS.

True love is driven by genuine sacrifice. If you do not inconvenience yourself to show love to your wife, then what you have may just be a sham, and vice versa.

people marry for all the wrong reasons these days. everyone is getting married because they have expectations and needs they want their spouses to fill.

what if everyone went into a relationship or marriage with the thought that they will not expect anything from their significant other but that they will do the giving and treat their spouses as they want to be treated, without expecting anything back?

I'll bet that will solve the problem.

hmmmm...it's a strong point you have here. I've actually gotten something from these few line. Thanks
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by veeluv2015(f): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
Joe4lv:
Normally, I would read this and move to the next topic but I was tempted to pause and probably say something about this deadly situation eating deep into our society. Gone are the days when people celebrate golden jubilee in the marriage. It now seems the average age our marriages now last is 10 and the society is not taking note of this decline.

Am not a socialogist but I think we are gradually creeping into individuality in Nigeria. Individuality,to me, means a situation where we live together in same room but do things separately and the only things holding us together are sex and money for family upkeep.

We started it with husband and wife having separate bedrooms and only sleep in the same room if there are needs for sex. The advent of separate rooms now creates individualism among couples and should in case there be a misunderstanding, it takes time to settle them.

That apart, I have over years studied marriages and I have noticed that we actually live in a time when patience is no longer a virtue amongst couples. We have embraced the opinion that the best way out of an issue is to walk away from it.

Feminism and several concepts are really killing us in Africa. Am not in support of men making women slaves but I think we shouldn't throw into the dustbins the fact that a man and a woman have defined roles they must play to make the family work.

Will stop here for now cos of work.

Very well said
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
veeluv2015:

hmmmm...it's a strong point you have here. I've actually gotten something from these few line. Thanks

you welcome ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by veeluv2015(f): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
cruzita:
Because they don't know what they actually want before getting married

Not necessarily though
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by firstking01(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Simple, cos people marry for the wrong reason, what else again undecided
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by veeluv2015(f): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
firstking01:
Simple, cos people marry for the wrong reason, what else again undecided

And what are the right reasons for marriage?
Re: Help Put A Stop To Divorce (please Come In) by firstking01(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
veeluv2015:

And what are the right reasons for marriage?
yet another simple question, you marry cos you are compatible and that you wanna fulfill purpose in life undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add / For Lovers Of Bleaching Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.