Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add (752 Views)

Why I Dont Have Sex With My Partner Despite Loving Her So Much / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses / This Girl Doesn't Want To Leave My Home After Visiting Me (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by dlivefeeds: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
The dilemma - I have been dating a wonderful man for a year and a half. Our kids are grown and we have both had previous marriages. My father passed away last March and in his will he left me his home in another part of the country. I decided to move there. The thing is, the house is more than 30 years old and needs a lot of work. So far I’ve paid a large amount in renovations and there is still a lot to do. The house will remain in my name, and I will leave it for my children. So it’s one thing to split bills but, as he is now living with me, and I’m paying for updating the house, should he help with the renovation costs? I can’t figure out what is fair here.

http://www.thelivefeeds.com/category/stories/
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
Womennnnnnnnn.
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by introvertious: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
Yeah! He shld help out if he has d finances. But if he doesn't, pls let him be, it'll push him away.
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by mummydirect(f): 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
dlivefeeds:
The dilemma - I have been dating a wonderful man for a year and a half. Our kids are grown and we have both had previous marriages. My father passed away last March and in his will he left me his home in another part of the country. I decided to move there. The thing is, the house is more than 30 years old and needs a lot of work. So far I’ve paid a large amount in renovations and there is still a lot to do. The house will remain in my name, and I will leave it for my children. So it’s one thing to split bills but, as he is now living with me, and I’m paying for updating the house, should he help with the renovation costs? I can’t figure out what is fair here.

http://www.thelivefeeds.com/category/stories/
what God has joined together let no man put asunder. Anyway I understand you sha madam, judging the way most men are misbehaving this days, you can't but secure what is yours as no one knows tomorrow but in all, my advice is that you let the house remain in your name but allow your hubby to jointly run and maintain the house with you, at least that will accord him the respect of being the man of the house but the house should remain in your name, full stop.
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by osemoses1234(m): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
I blame it on van gaal
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by osemoses1234(m): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
I blame it on van gaal..
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by vizkiz: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
the man should help out, you are both going to live in that house. undecided
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by MRBrownJ: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
HELLLL NOOOOOO!!!!
why should he pay for the renovations for a house that aint his or that his children wont inherit?! thats your house and as long as he pays for common bills etc, he has NO obligations to fork for the renovations. thats YOUR shiit, not his.
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by alkines(m): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
osemoses1234:
I blame it on van gaal..
its better to b thought a fool n kip quiet rada dan talk n clear all doubt!
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by efficientleke(m): 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
As far as he is working.. I feel he should contribute.. it's only fair... he doesn't have to provide the bulk of the money but at least he should suppprt..its only broke/stingy men that will say he shouldn't
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by MRBrownJ: 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
efficientleke:
As far as he is working.. I feel he should contribute.. it's only fair... he doesn't have to provide the bulk of the money but at least he should suppprt..its only broke/stingy men that will say he shouldn't

bro, lets be real/smart for a minute... the owner of the house needs to make these repairs, nobody else. only a very stoopid man is going to spend thousands of $$$$ on repairing a house that aint his. that woman is his GIRLFRIEND, and nothing else, and if she seriously want her bf to pay for these repairs then let her marry him so that the money wont be spent on something that aint his, and could be taken away... or better yet, let it be written off as a loan so that the day it is over between them she can repay him all the money he would have thrown into repairing HER house.

this man should INVEST his money wherever he feels is best, and just because his gf house needs repairs is certainly not one of them.

men (and women) should think with their head instead of thinking with their asssses, and looking like donkeys the minute the r/ship is over.
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by efficientleke(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2016
MRBrownJ:

bro, lets be real/smart for a minute... the owner of the house needs to make these repairs, nobody else. only a very stoopid man is going to spend thousands of $$$$ on repairing a house that aint his. that woman is his GIRLFRIEND, and nothing else, and if she seriously want her bf to pay for these repairs then let her marry him so that the money wont be spent on something that aint his, and could be taken away... or better yet, let it be written off as a loan so that the day it is over between them she can repay him all there money he would have thrown into repairing HER house.

this man should INVEST his money wherever he feels is best, and just because his gf house needs repairs is certainly not one of them.

men (and women) should think with their head instead of thinking with their asssses, and looking like donkeys the minute the r/ship is over.
thats why I said he doesn't have to contribute the bulk of it... part.. at least support her.. don't you spend money on your babe?.. it's the same thing naa..just that instead of wasting the money on shoes, makeup and all that.. she's using it to renovate her house
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by MRBrownJ: 12:19am On Mar 08, 2016
efficientleke:
thats why I said he doesn't have to contribute the bulk of it... part.. at least support her.. don't you spend money on your babe?.. it's the same thing naa..just that instead of wasting the money on shoes, makeup and all that.. she's using it to renovate her house

bwaaaaaaah! so now you want this man to pay for the repairs as a "gift".... and suddenly shoes, makeups etc are a waste of money?! highly laughable!!

offering a gift to a woman (because you believe that she deserves it) should solely be a man's decision, and HIS only. the minute he is forced/blackmailed into paying for something that he aint ready/willing to, then thats when there is something seriously wrong.

as i said, thats HER house, let her do what is needed or ask him to "loan" her the money so that she can do the repairs... but this man has absolutely NO OBLIGATIONS to spend 1000s of $$$ for repairs on a house that aint his. that is called "throwing money down the toilets"
Re: My Partner Lives In My Home - But No Financial Add by dlivefeeds: 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

bwaaaaaaah! so now you want this man to pay for the repairs as a "gift".... and suddenly shoes, makeups etc are a waste of money?! highly laughable!!

offering a gift to a woman (because you believe that she deserves it) should solely be a man's decision, and HIS only. the minute he is forced/blackmailed into paying for something that he aint ready/willing to, then thats when there is something seriously wrong.

as i said, thats HER house, let her do what is needed or ask him to "loan" her the money so that she can do the repairs... but this man has absolutely NO OBLIGATIONS to spend 1000s of $$$ for repairs on a house that aint his. that is called "throwing money down the toilets"

hmmm!

(1) (Reply)

For Lovers Of Bleaching Cream / Why Do Ladies Find It Difficult To Compliment The Looks Of Their Man? / Whose Boo Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.