Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others (17107 Views)

Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Noted for action cheesy

Zoharariel:
Fellow Nairalanders, pls let's share this information until it gets to President Buhari.

The Outrageous Cost of the Nigerian e-passport.

President Mohammadu Buhari - May I use this medium to commend you for your anti-corruption crusade and your commitment to ensure the reparation of funds taken from the Nigerian coffers through questionable means.

I am also in total support of your rejection to joining the Coalition of Islamic States since you're aware that Nigeria is secular state and so cannot support anything that offends the sensibilities of the Nigerian people.

My President, it seems officials of the Nigerian Government, through the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has devised a very innovative way of ripping off Nigerians, not content with the daily looting of treasuries, bribes and all other forms of corruption perpetrated on the Nigerian people, home and abroad.

According to the statement signed by the former Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service - David Parradang; the 64-page frequent travellers passport would be obtained at 20,000Naira.

Passports for 18 to 60 year-olds would go for N15,000 while those for people below 18 years as well as 60 years and above would be procured at N8,750.

Also, the statement said new charge for change of data/lost passport would cost N20,000.

Similarly, change of names due to marriage, divorce and death of spouse would be effected at N8,750 while change of data on request would attract N30,000 as processing fees. 

Before the introduction of the 64-page frequent travellers passport, the processing fee for the regular 32-page passport has always been 20,000Naira and above depending on the passport office location.

I was at the ikeja passport office lastweek and I met an immigration officer who told me that the 32-page regular passport goes for 30,000Naira while the 64-page passport, although unavailable, goes for 37,000Naira.
Of course, knowing our government officials, they will embezzle the vast proceeds from their ripoffs, and only an infinitesimal amount of it will end up in the government coffers.

We are aware that these corrupt public officials are already entrenched in the pool of bribery and extortion from the previous government, so, Mr. President, what we ask is very simple.

1.) We want the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service (CGI) who is known (including his predecessors) to be collecting returns from all the Comptrollers of the Passport offices across the federation, including the Deputy Comptroller General of Immigration (DCG) & all the Assistant Comptroller of Immigration (ACI) - to be fired & replaced with young & competent immigration officers, preferably an ASI 1 (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration) who has never seen 1Million Naira in his entire life.

2.) We want all the Comptrollers heading each of the Passport offices across the federation to be fired & replaced with young & competent officers, preferably an ASI 2 (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration) who has never seen 1Million Naira in his entire life.

3.) We want the official amount of the Nigerian e-passport to be strictly enforced and the passport collection date MUST not exceed 2 days, otherwise the Comptroller of such Passport Office should be dismissed without pension or gratuity & replaced with a junior officer.

Mr. President, remember that the vast majority of Nigerians who queued up in the blazing hot sun to vote you into office based on your time-tested integrity & reputation are at the receiving ends of this immigration rip-offs, bribery & extortion, and if this immigration fraudulent billing practices go unchecked, it is your legacy, integrity & reputation that will be on the line when you leave.

After the Immigration leadership is overhauled & sorted out, then Prisons, Road Safety and the Police should be next.

“The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference” - Bess Myerson.

I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - Nagode!

CC: Omenka, Passingshot, TonyeBarcanista, Obiageli, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Mizmycoli, Modath, PentiumPro, LRNZH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
What concerns Femi Falana that he was joined in d suit!? What role did he play?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by goodlifehyd(m): 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Where are all those wailers spewing thrash Dem catch person for wrist una talk say dem invade hin privacy.... It's no longer business as usual just watch how people of his caliber bite the dust
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by hrworld: 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
So where are those 90 SANs? And why just 10 thousand fine against him?. Later some people here will be saying EFCC is going after political opponents. We now agree that these lawyers are very corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by ezigr8(m): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ricky Tarfa and the yeye 90 Sans.

all of them put together no fit intimidate us.
c d big embarrassment e cox 4 himself na.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by naijagobetter(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
all them corrupt lawyers, judges and whatever should fall in line or else they wont know what hit them, e never see anything yet.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by thunder74(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Either of these two assumptions will happen 1) The FG will soon withdraw the charges against him but asked him to withdraw his case first before settling the matter out of court.

2.) He withdrew it to refile it, he might have noticed some errors in his processes.

Whichever reason, they will settle the matter against him out of court.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by arsenal33: 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Go into the streets and inquire for yourself. You see positive change, Like that of the budget of 'change' and the Naira. Mtcheeww...

There is change o! 'padders' of budgets who have been doing it for years have now been exposed, that is change!

2 Likes

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by arsenal33: 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
ezigr8:
Ricky Tarfa and the yeye 90 Sans.

all of them put together no fit intimidate us.

c d big embarrassment e cox 4 himself na.
just like ali baba and the 90 thieves

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by babafirst(m): 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
In a short ruling, Justice Idris struck out the suit and ordered Tarfa to pay a cost of N10, 000 to each of the respondents.

That money too small na...Osusu Must Flow
I agree with you ,dem for hammer am about 1milla naira and arrest the clown immediately he leaves the court premises.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by babafirst(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Fear catch me that day. The largest congregation of SANs.
All the SANs and Ekpas wey follow am go court chicken out tails between their corrupt legs.Lol.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Fury007: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Fury007: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Yes, Era of negative change and "I blame The last administration".

Severe disease!
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by babafirst(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
jmichlins:
So after storming the court with 97 SAN him fear comot case.
Lwkmddddddd @ 97 SAN.Even OJ Simpson no come court with 97 'SAN'.Na initial gra gra wey don fade out .
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Stalwert: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
In a short ruling, Justice Idris struck out the suit and ordered Tarfa to pay a cost of N10, 000 to each of the respondents.

That money too small na...Osusu Must Flow

Abeg no vess I don dey ask people wetin be osusu wey you want to flow?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by babafirst(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
hrworld:
So where are those 90 SANs? And why just 10 thousand fine against him?. Later some people here will be saying EFCC is going after political opponents. We now agree that these lawyers are very corrupt?
lol,the judge for award 1 milla for each of the SAN wey follow the bobo come court making 90 milla.This is for trying to intimidate the judge with SANs.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by dikeigbo2(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
He just applied common sense,he could have shoot himself in the foot,
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
Prov 13:20

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
they should hang that san
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by NovusHomo(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Fear catch me that day. The largest congregation of SANs.

It was the largest congregation of corrupt SANs. What a shame! embarassed
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by blazetitov: 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rogue lawyer. He should face his music.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
What concerns Femi Falana that he was joined in d suit!? What role did he play?

Good thing for Tarfa he withdrew the suit that was probably designed to shape up his battered international image. Femi Falana in his counter-affidavit was sure to unhorse Tarfa so thoroughly his name wouldn't be worth a dime with folks it cut ice before now.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
thunder74:
Either of these two assumptions will happen 1) The FG will soon withdraw the charges against him but asked him to withdraw his case first before settling the matter out of court.

2.) He withdraw it to refile it, he might have noticed some errors in his processes.

Whichever reason, they will settle the matter against him out of court.

You, amazingly, sounded so positive about this! Hmmmm!! Anyhow, didn't the FG just settle with MTN for N50billion over an infraction the corporate rascal was never really sorry about? Nigeria!!!!
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by lanreni: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Zoharariel:
Fellow Nairalanders, pls let's share this information until it gets to President Buhari.

The Outrageous Cost of the Nigerian e-Passport.

President Mohammadu Buhari - May I use this medium to commend you for your anti-corruption crusade and your commitment to ensure the reparation of funds taken from the Nigerian coffers through questionable means.

I am also in total support of your rejection to joining the Coalition of Islamic States since you're aware that Nigeria is a secular state and so cannot support anything that offends the sensibilities of the Nigerian people.

My President, it seems officials of the Nigerian Government, through the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has devised a very innovative way of ripping off Nigerians, not content with the daily looting of treasuries, bribes and all other forms of corruption perpetrated on the Nigerian people, home and abroad.

According to the statement signed by the former Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service - David Parradang; the 64-page frequent travellers passport would be obtained at 20,000Naira.

Passports for 18 to 60 year-olds would go for N15,000 while those for people below 18 years as well as 60 years and above would be procured at N8,750.

Also, the statement said new charge for change of data/lost passport would cost N20,000.

Similarly, change of names due to marriage, divorce and death of spouse would be effected at N8,750 while change of data on request would attract N30,000 as processing fees. 

Before the introduction of the 64-page frequent travellers passport, the processing fee for the regular 32-page passport has always been 20,000Naira and above depending on the passport office location.

I was at the ikeja passport office lastweek and I met an immigration officer who told me that the 32-page regular passport goes for 30,000Naira while the 64-page passport, although unavailable, goes for 37,000Naira.
Of course, knowing our government officials, they will embezzle the vast proceeds from their ripoffs, and only an infinitesimal amount of it will end up in the government coffers.

We are aware that these corrupt public officials are already entrenched in the pool of bribery and extortion from the previous government, so, Mr. President, what we ask is very simple.

1.) We want the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service (CGI) who is known (including his predecessors) to be collecting returns from all the Comptrollers of the Passport offices across the federation, including the Deputy Comptroller General of Immigration (DCG) & all the Assistant Comptroller of Immigration (ACI) - to be fired & replaced with young & competent immigration officers, preferably an ASI 1 (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration) who has never seen 1Million Naira in his entire life.

2.) We want all the Comptrollers heading each of the Passport offices across the federation to be fired & replaced with young & competent officers, preferably an ASI 2 (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration) who has never seen 1Million Naira in his entire life.

3.) We want the official amount of the Nigerian e-passport to be strictly enforced and the passport collection date MUST not exceed 2 days, otherwise the Comptroller of such Passport Office should be dismissed without pension or gratuity & replaced with a junior officer.

Mr. President, remember that the vast majority of Nigerians who queued up in the blazing hot sun to vote you into office based on your time-tested integrity & reputation are at the receiving ends of this immigration rip-offs, bribery & extortion, and if this immigration fraudulent billing practices go unchecked, it is your legacy, integrity & reputation that will be on the line when you leave.

After the Immigration leadership is overhauled & sorted out, then Prisons, Road Safety and the Police should be next.

“The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference” - Bess Myerson.

I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - Nagode!

CC: Omenka, Passingshot, TonyeBarcanista, Obiageli, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Mizmycoli, Modath, PentiumPro, LRNZH.

This is a good letter, but while we await the government's response, it is the ignorance of many and our lack of patience that gets us exploited as nigerians. many of us spend hours online, yet, can not take d pains of applying online, generate the printout and get to the bank to pay yourself. generate the final printout and take to any nis office. print the guarantor's form which is available online and get someone to fill the form and get to any high court to stamp it for only 500 naira only.this was exactly what i did and i spent only 16000 naira for 32 pages last year in akure nis office. passport processing should not take more than two days anywhere in nigeria. when they saw that i had already done the above, they grudginly collected my documents. and processed. it. the nis officers themselves are the one playing touts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Fourwinds: 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Yes, Era of negative change and "I blame The last administration".
nonsense.!!! dis is d era of positive change not like d last administration dat supervise over corruption...everybody do anything any how...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Fourwinds: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
useless lawyer...filthy corrupt lawyers
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by billyG(m): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Thieves advocate,this is one of d SAN the discourage Mtn not 2 pay our fine to NCC. angry angry angry
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by Dbeliever(m): 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
The name TARFA appears to be a Benue name from the TIV tribe.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by marv1: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
They are just making mockery of SAN Status. He has to withdraw after taking 90 SAN'S to court to intimidate the judge and to help defend him. These set of people are the problems of nigeria.
feedthenation:
This SAN should face proper justice now, he should understand that things are not the way they used to be...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by marv1: 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
They are just making mockery of the SAN Status. He has to withdraw after taking 90 SAN'S to court to intimidate the judge and to help defend him. These set of people are the problems of nigeria.
feedthenation:
This SAN should face proper justice now, he should understand that things are not the way they used to be...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by OnankpaBa(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2016
so you think you av my time right?

SeverusSnape:
Onankpaba come comment grin
Re: Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others by OnankpaBa(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2016
good one...he has no any other choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deadly Roads In Ejigbo Under Construction(photos) / "Ghana Persecuting Us Since 2007", Nigerians Tell Gbajabiamila / Benue Plans Another Mass Burial For Victims Of Herdsmen Killings On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.