Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? (6432 Views)

18-Year-Old Girl's Birthday Gift For Her Boyfriend (Photos) / Can A Girl Get Pregnant And Still See Her Menstrual Period?? / Will A Girl Get Overly Attached To The Guy That Deflowered Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Onyiridike(f): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
kidman96:

Trust me. I am.

A lady who doesn't know what she want at 18 may still be confused at 40.

Mind you that some girls are already in 200 level or even 300 level in the university @18.

Therefore, choice making is not a function of age. Circustances and preferences determine our choices.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by kidman96(m): 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Onyiridike:

Any lady who doesn't know what she want at 18 will still be confused at 40.

Mind you that some girls are already in 200 level or even 300 level in the university @18.

Therefore, choice making is not a function of age. Circustances and preferences determine our choices.

You are still a little girl.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Onyiridike(f): 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
kidman96:

You are still a little girl.
Old man, if you lack cognitive evaluation, go to bed instead of embarrassing yourself.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by kidman96(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Onyiridike:

Old man, if you lack cognitive evaluation, go to bed instead of embarrassing yourself.

Of course ! I leave you to swim in your ignorance.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Onyiridike(f): 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
kidman96:

Of course ! I leave you to swim in your ignorance.
You have said nothing, you made no point but chose to call me "little girl".

Is that how old people behave?

Why don't state obvious facts to counter my points instead of resorting to name calling?
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by semasir: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Her exposure and background for me especially how mentally she is prepared and to be cope therein too.

Onyiridike:

Could you please state some of the factors so that we can learn?
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Askseek(f): 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Onyiridike:

Any lady who doesn't know what she want at 18 will still be confused at 40.

Very wrong, how can an 18 year old be definite on what she wants when adults change their minds. To your question, yes an eighteen year old can marry. Should an 18 year old marry is a whole different question and there is no black or white here. It depends on her and her partner and her parents because as far as I know legally in Nigeria an 18 year old needs parental consent to marry unless it has changed.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Onyiridike(f): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Askseek:

Very wrong, how can an 18 year old be definite on what she wants when adults change their minds. To your question, yes an eighteen year old can marry. Should an 18 year old marry is a whole different question and there is no black or white here. It depends on her and her partner and her parents because as far as I know legally in Nigeria an 18 year old needs parental consent to marry unless it has changed.

Please do not generalize. When I was 18, I already knew exactly what I want in a man because my mother started grooming me since I became 11.

How do 18-year old girls choose their boyfriends?

I have seen 30-year old girl who is NOT certain of the type of man she wants.

Decision making is always influenced by circumstances.

In Nigeria, every citizen who is 18 is already an adult. He/she can vote and be voted for. However, in marriage, everybody regardless of age needs the consent of his/her parents unless you choose court wedding.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Askseek(f): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Onyiridike:

Please do not generalize. When I was 18, I already knew exactly what I want in a man because my mother started grooming me since I became 11.

How do 18-year old girls choose their boyfriends?

I have seen 30-year old girl who is NOT certain of the type of man she wants.

Decision making is always influenced by circumstances.

In Nigeria, every citizen who is 18 is already an adult. He/she can vote and be voted for. However, in marriage, everybody regardless of age needs the consent of his/her parents unless you choose court wedding.

You made a general and sweeping statement yet turn around to say do not generalise. When you go to the registry in Nigeria and you are younger than 21, you need parental consent to marry. Unless that has changed in the last 15 years. You don't need parental consent if you are above 21 for marriage in Nigeria and bear in mind I say legally, not customary marriage
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by Onyiridike(f): 7:40am On Feb 26, 2016
Askseek:

You made a general and sweeping statement yet turn around to say do not generalise. When you go to the registry in Nigeria and you are younger than 21, you need parental consent to marry. Unless that has changed in the last 15 years. You don't need parental consent if you are above 21 for marriage in Nigeria and bear in mind I say legally, not customary marriage

I have already stated that court marriage is an option.

Also, I didn't know that I generalized anything and I'm sorry if I did.
Re: Can A 18-year Old Girl Get Married? by ewuoso2002(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2016
My present gf is 18 by June she will be 19, i really love her and wish to marry her, her parents do not consent and i do not wish to leave her, i am so confused on what to do, she fears her parent and can not do against their will. If she could be fearless like me, we would elope together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Deserve To Be Treated Like Trash / I Slept With My Driver To Save My Marriage / See The Moment Ex-girlfriend And Her Gang Disrupt His Ex-boyfriend Wedding(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.