Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone (12327 Views)

South-east Is The Most Secure Geo-political Zone - UN / Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
falseman:
Sometimes I wonder where the money is coming from recently I noticed how houses are springing up. I live in a compound surrounded by lands which are owned by different people and left undeveloped for so many years.

I am kinda wondering why all the owners decided building massive structures on the lands at the same time. It all started late last year and they are near completion.

What I observe is people are pulling their funds out from the banks and investing back home

grin I guess in preparation for Biafra. Lol.
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Blackfire:

i just don't know why my SW people are behaving like this, is this there character that made non indigenes(especially igbos) landlords in ologuneru, eleyele ibadan.
Somebody is considering his now unfavourable alliance with a particular person, another busy body wey the thing no concern go they shout 'NE-HE Ne- He' .... Wetin concern u.
Is the same attitude on NL that has now make igbos to start looking inward. On this thread one jobless- gbegiri- ile baba mi - brain was saying, he pray wahala to start, that he will just go and take over igbos properties... I was shocked... Now the igbos are now moving there gems home.

Few of u yoruba fools keep throwing ur jabs, until one day u will be left with the hausa- fulani in the ring. . .
On Wealth, education,and political power.
U insulted them 30 years ago they are poor , useless, now they are considerably 50 - 60 percent ok.
U cajoled them 30 years ,that they are illiterate , now jamb,gce, waec,school debate they are leading, while the SW struggle with borno state.. Yet shouting i get am before.

Now... For the final click of power, They are setting there political dominance in order.. Maybe in 10-20 years ... They will be in fore front.

Any child / people who depend on his father's/ former property/ success.. Will become miserable.

I am blackfire.

Ghen ghen.
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Arjeeni: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Liberty90:
I have observed this also. The reason is simple: Nigeria will cease to exist very soon. The wise ones know this and are investing now before prices quadruple. Not just people in Diaspora, those in Lagos and North are also investing back home...preparing to relocate when it ceases to exist.

This is one of the patriotic in real sense of it........
No a singl day an American will wak up without saying God bless America, their gov doing good or not it has been their slogan for long.

Here in Nigeria, if the senates were not being curse today, it will be the turn of reps or the President tomorrow. The most pathetic of all is ill-wishing the country.

I pity some people when i see the way they are going about their insanity, perhaps theyare not aware of what war is all about but at least they can ask their FATHER'S many still alive among them.

1 Like

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by falseman(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
django1:

grin I guess in preparation for Biafra. Lol.

SO does it mean the Yorubas and Hausa's that don't have a block in SE region since 19BC are also preparing for Biafra?

I think Igbos are entitle to going back home and develop their lands rather than own properties in Yoruba and Hausa lands.

They have realized the One Nigeria slogan is a scam

10 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Localamos:

That's a bit strong don't you think?

I wish I could be stronger.. .

These people are busy killing and maiming other people in the name of ruling.. .

2 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Marcelini(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
This thread could actually be explored, without mentioning and bringing in SW into Igbo matta!

I don't know why some Igbos here felt the need to mention SW here.

3 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sometimes i wonder if there's really anything like South-South, West-West, East-East... or its just some cooked up name... If only we set our differences aside and work as one true South-East, all this problems won't dare present themselves...
Kudos to all those who have started our region's development, turning it into a reality...

N.B i'm no fan of an e-war, only qoute me if you have something sensible to say.. peace smiley

2 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sometimes i wonder if there's really anything like South-South, West-West, East-East... or its just some cooked up name... If only we set our differences aside and work as one true South-East, all this problems won't dare present themselves...
Kudos to all those who have started our region's development, turning it into a reality...

N.B i'm no fan of an e-war, only quote me if you have something sensible to say.. peace smiley
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by asha80(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
manchy7531:
When It comes to development really, I think igbos have no limit.....

I was at Ago/amuwo axis of lagos and was marvelled at the level of development going there by our people.

A friend of mine who is an estate manager was telling me how that axis 10yrs ago was all swampy and that igbos have bought the whole place, sand filled all the swamps and canals and mehn see structures. There is a new lekki springing up there,all that is needed is their roads to be fixed but I begin to ask my self is this how my brothers are going to fight for biafra?

On the other hand, one thing I have come to understand about our development is that, we just develop anywhere we are not minding the place....those in the east are developing the east too...

Festac,Amuwo,Ago axis of lagos is another world of its own.....95% in the hands of the igbos and I doubt in the eventuality of war or crisis,the so called land owners will be able to challenge us there......

At worst lagos will be divided......every ethnic group will control were it dominates and trust me the choices areas of lagos are under our control.

But still, I dont encourage investing outside igboland. With true/fiscal federalism and good leadership, I believe the igbos will be unstoppable but unfortunately,with the present structure and lack of necessary infrastructure in the east, many igbos will continue to invest outside igboland, at most they just build a residential mansion in the village while their factories, hotels,eateries,school,firms,and other commercial ventures remain outside igboland.
you are making some very wrong assumptions

First is you think those Igbo guys building all over amuwo ,festac and ago are really interested in Biafra then you need to think again

Secondly wether you like it or not Lagos is yorubaland so in the event of division of Nigeria all those Igbo dominated areas will belong to an odua area..nothing like Igbo governing the affairs there as that thought is even laughable.it is like saying sabo ngari area in Kano will not be governed by northerners in the event of a break up..make we no dey deceive ourselves

2 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
UDO...I feel happy the way East is moving even Ebonyi...the only snag is Anioma..well ASABA can tap from Onitsha proximity but as of Ika they are still confused if they are Igbo or Benin. Ask Ugomba or Cheruv

Emancipation:

I dey nwanne. Just making honest observations
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Tribalist. Why don't you kuku build your own Igbo forum and go there since you hate other non Igbos so much? Why do you infest this 'Yoruba owned' forum?

You see how they reason and this is one major reason they dont progress, they thought if ghana left during ghana must go they will succeed, Ghana left yet they didnt
they said let Igbo go during 60s saying the price of Garri is high... igbo left During the war..yet they did not succeed
now Igbo fought war..they did owambe, Igbo did menial Jobs,,they sold all the companies to themsekve via indiginization decree, Igbo money was siezed yet they borrowed them money and loans for this same decree...what did they do..they partied and closed the streets, marrying many wives, having so many out of wedlock children ...NOW THEY ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE
Igbo were given high cut off marks, we studied, they did owo mi da and omo ni ile...

TODAY WAEC,NECO AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL BODIES has shown IGBO to be far ahead in Education and MDG goals

this is no owambe...this is real hutsle...get up from your lazy arses, leave bet and baba ijebu alone go and hutsle

bunch or lazy imps

where is ugomba and asadike ?

Allow the owner of Nairaland to say Igbo should go..I dont know if nairaland is bigger than Linda Ikeji or Bella Naija

people should learn how to shut the Bleep up...why dont you go carry placards as you do carry...WRITE ON THE PLACARDS IGBO MUST GO

Bunch of imps

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by asha80(m): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Does that stop the property been Igbo owned..I wonder why people especially those from yoruba have these lazy mindset that if IGBO goes they will relinquish their properties without a fight ...So funny

So when Nigeria had independence from UK dont Nigerians still own property
or when Chechnya, Slavs,Croats left USSR dont Russian still own properties at places like BUDAPEST,SLOVANIA,PRAGUE etc....

These people should wake up...Igbo wont leave a zinc for them ...there are international laws or we burn the whole town down

CANT PEOPLE JUST WORK HARD?

Owo Ile mentality
just wanted to correct an impression that guy had...i dont want to further this argument with you..this thread is about constructions in the se and nothing else

3 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Rhea(f): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Emancipation:
I have been away from the country for almost 4 years for studies. I had the opportunity to tour the east for the past two months trying to setup up my business. It felt like a construction zone everywhere. The type of real estate boom happening is shocking. Places that used to be bush years ago are housing estates. I couldn't even recognize my own mother's village. The development is real and surprising considering the fact that the economy is not good.

My theory about this is that:

1)possible investment coming from igbos in the diaspora.

2) possible that igbos in nigeria have finally reversed the trend of investing outside of igboland

3) possible that Easterners on average might have stronger spending power

Finally, i think that governments in the east have to be more strict when it comes to new developments in virgin lands. They need to make sure the area is mapped out and well planned before people get permit to build so that space for road expansion can be available. But I am still impressed at the rapid developments.

The North became hostile to business ventures conducted by Igbos, hence they were forced to relocate back to the East. It's beginning to pay off

7 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by manchy7531: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Tribalist. Why don't you kuku build your own Igbo forum and go there since you hate other non Igbos so much? Why do you infest this 'Yoruba owned' forum looking for only Igbo issues to give you joy? Don't you know any Igbos who can build websites?

What is this scum saying?

6 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
they will always come and irritate us... very irritating souls....i am getting pissed up with their mind set

their jealousy is becoming annoying

asha80:
just wanted to correct an impression that guy had...i dont want to further this argument with you..this thread is about constructions in the se and nothing else

4 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by EasternActivist: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
[s]
Rossikk:
Tribalist. Why don't you kuku build your own Igbo forum and go there since you hate other non Igbos so much? Why do you infest this 'Yoruba owned' forum looking for only Igbo issues to give you joy? Don't you know any Igbos who can build websites?
[/s]

This is how you low thinking humans spoil seun's business for him.

12 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
GloryIsaac:

N.B i'm no fan of an e-war, only quote me if you have something sensible to say.. peace smiley

in GEOGRAPHY and CARTHOLOGY THEN CARDINAL POINTS THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SOUTH SOUTH, NORTH NORTH , EAST EAST....MEHN ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT YOU HEAR THAT MADNESS AND STUPIDITY.

WHY NOT CALL THEM CENTRE CENTRE

BUNCH OF CLOWNS

3 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

the way their lives are so messed up...I dont know what is actually happening to most yoruba kids these days...their reasoning is weird...I must say

6 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by abagoro(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
asha80:
you are making some very wrong assumptions

First is you think those Igbo guys building all over amuwo ,festac and ago are really interested in Biafra then you need to think again

Secondly wether you like it or not Lagos is yorubaland so in the event of division of Nigeria all those Igbo dominated areas will belong to an odua area..nothing like Igbo governing the affairs there as that thought is even laughable.it is like saying sabo ngari area in Kano will not be governed by northerners in the event of a break up..make we no dey deceive ourselves

His view smells like average IPOB view. Igbos should just know that wherever they are outside Southeast and Aniocha/Oshimili/Oyigbo/Egbema is not their homeland.
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is not a tribal fighting thread. There are so many other threads on nairaland to do that. Trouble makers fuuuuck off

4 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by asha80(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
manchy7531:

My brother, I understand you...I was just saying in the event of any crisis i.e that igbos are being threatened in lagos or what ever...

As for biafra,that will be the best thing to ever happen to us because while we control our economy, we also have a considerable influence on their economy through lagos/ogun.....just like the german in europe, chinese/japanese in asia and jews in america..
my argurement here is not for or against Biafra but thinking or hoping that those igbos (especially the rich ones) that own and continue to build all those structures are interested in Biafra is just a waste of time..go and discuss with them and see what majority of them think..some of them have not even being to their hometowns or lands for upwards of 5 yrs

1 Like

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Silentmind(m): 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
They have started again.

All talks, no action.

Start making use of ur numerous comments and work towards it.
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by asadike(f): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

You see how they reason and this is one major reason they dont progress, they thought if ghana left during ghana must go they will succeed, Ghana left yet they didnt
they said let Igbo go during 60s saying the price of Garri is high... igbo left During the war..yet they did not succeed
now Igbo fought war..they did owambe, Igbo did menial Jobs,,they sold all the companies to themsekve via indiginization decree, Igbo money was siezed yet they borrowed them money and loans for this same decree...what did they do..they partied and closed the streets, marrying many wives, having so many out of wedlock children ...NOW THEY ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE
Igbo were given high cut off marks, we studied, they did owo mi da and omo ni ile...

TODAY WAEC,NECO AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL BODIES has shown IGBO to be far ahead in Education and MDG goals

this is no owambe...this is real hutsle...get up from your lazy arses, leave bet and baba ijebu alone go and hutsle

bunch or lazy imps

where is ugomba and asadike ?

Allow the owner of Nairaland to say Igbo should go..I dont know if nairaland is bigger than Linda Ikeji or Bella Naija

people should learn how to shut the Bleep up...why dont you go carry placards as you do carry...WRITE ON THE PLACARDS IGBO MUST GO

Bunch of imps
Nwokeoma. u are d only one gracious enough to ask for me since one yeye mod ban me. Thk u so much onye nkem.

1 Like

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Emancipation:
This is not a tribal fighting thread. There are so many other threads on nairaland to do that. Trouble makers fuuuuck off

I like dis Op smiley

1 Like

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Silentmind(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Close this thread.

Nothing is coming out of this thread.

Very vocal but no action
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Rossikk(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
EasternActivist:

Seun's business is not dependent on hateful tribalists like you and the other imbec.ile whose name I can't be bothered to recollect. Again, since you hate Yorubas so much, why not get your backside off depending on them for your internet communication? Just like you hate other ethnic groups yet you go and settle in their lands and make money off them.

1 Like

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by EasternActivist: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Seun's business is not dependent on hateful tribalists like you and the other imbec.ile whose name I can't be bothered to recollect. Again, since you hate Yorubas so much, why not get your backside off depending on them for your internet communication?

I hate the senseless Yoruba bigots like you.
Meanwhile that you term me a tribalist doesn't take away a pin from me because your opinion is yours...
But telling all Igbo go and create a copy of Nairaland is a display of ignorance at its peak. Because you are indirectly pushing out investors from Nairaland.
Be reasonable

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Obong Ndutima For Publishing Story Against Sen. Akpabio / Desmond Akawor: Secondus Didn’t Pay Party Dues For Four Years / Some Of Nigerian Police Now Use Two Guns At A Time Reasons Still Unknown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.