Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,225 members, 7,957,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! (12547 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by agathamari(f): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2009
the man has too much shit in his own country to worry about then visiting every single country in Africa.  would you be bitching this much if he had visited egypt instead of ghana?  be happy he came at all
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
He did visit Egypt before Ghana. That was his first trip on African soil.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MP007(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
when i was young ghanians ran to nigeria for jobs and shelter but now nigerians are the ones running to ghana for education and jobs, Obama made the right decision to shun nigeria(the shameless giant of africa). am a nigeria but am rooting for ghana to succeed, for nigeria, hmmmmm keep praying our country, lol, lord have mercy, bad issue wey dey make me laugh,
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by agathamari(f): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
[/quote][quote author=Litmus link=topic=295663.msg4179468#msg4179468 date=1247502470]
1. Ghana had a corrupt free election

Did it?

2.  Ghana elected the opposite party.

What does that mean?

3.  Ghana have a tourist attraction

As one would expect given their nature. Serving Europeans is not the Nigeria idea of something to be grateful about

4.  Ghana's government is NOT as corrupt as Nigeria.

Are you sure?

5.  Ghana have a HOPEFUL populace

They certainly do hope that whites, African Americans and Caribbean will come help them

6.  Ghana's schools are superior to Nigeria's.

and yet Nigerian students excel the world over. Just imagine what we would do if our schools were better.

7.and probably most importantly

GHANA'S CURRENCY EXCHANGES BETTER ON THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET THAN NIGERIA'S naira.

British currency exchange is also better on the international market than that of America

nigerian students excell world over?  i tutor adults here in nigeria and you wouldnt believe the things i have been told.  hurricans are caused by submarienes, animals kill people for pleasure, noone has ever survived a trip into outerspace?  mind you this is just what i have been told this week (yep in the last 2 days)
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
mr richyblack or whateve you call urself, you removed my posting cuz its the truth, but let me just tell you something, i don't give a damn. its u that is suffering and will continue to suffer in that country until all 180 million of you change the way you think.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
fayahsoul:

lol. I luv this sista.

Thanks Fayahsoul. I was wondering what would be the answer to the question you posed for me.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2009
The reason Obama went to Ghana will only surface in about a years time.

He went there to LOCK UP THAT OIL from China.

Duh! shocked

Certainly, you do not believe Amerikkka will ever do anything without their own interest at heart.

Do not believe in the "marketed sanitized view of amerikkka"

America is all about $$$$$$$$$$
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Litmus: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2009
agathamari (f)
nigerian students excell world over?  i tutor adults here in nigeria and you wouldnt believe the things i have been told.  hurricans are caused by submarienes, animals kill people for pleasure, noone has ever survived a trip into outerspace?  mind you this is just what i have been told this week (yep in the last 2 days)

I know what you mean. However, with your good work, I am sure they will soon know better---if, that is, their beliefs aren’t based on traditional ideology. If so, you have your work cut out.  I know a fellow Nigerian guy over here, a chef, in Britain with the most outrageous belief system it has ever been the misfortune of anyone to come across and yet he is doing so well you would not believe it.

Anyway, Nigerians do go abroad and are real high achievers in education here in the West. There are always news articles about Nigerians doing exceptional work.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2009

Nigerians do go abroad and are real high achievers in education here in the West. There are always news articles about Nigerians doing exceptional work.

Then why everytime I hail a Taxi it is a Nigerian behind the wheel?

Your peeps are LYING TO YOU about their living in America.

I guess driving Taxi pays a nice wage.

certainly they keep a coin or two in their pockets - but I hear they gotta work 16 hour days to earn it.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2009
MandingoII:

Then why everytime I hail a Taxi it is a Nigerian behind the wheel?

Your peeps are LYING TO YOU about their living in America.

I guess driving Taxi pays a nice wage.

certainly they keep a coin or two in their pockets - but I hear they gotta work 16 hour days to earn it.

Pays more than being locked up.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
Mandingo, you need to stop being an antagonist.

I know why Obama went to Ghana, both the oil and Africom (mainly Africom), which his predecessor went to Africa for and was told no.

I said what you are now saying a few posts back, lol

We all know Ghanaians used to run to Nigeria because their country also went through hard times, so why are people acting like Nigeria is now the devil because she too is going through the mud?

@ Mandingo,There is a Nigerian behind the wheel because they would rather do that and send the money home. They do it while going to school, most immigrants do that, including the Ghanaians you are praising. I dont see that and look down on them, I look down on people who are able bodied but refuse to work. There is no shame in making an honest living.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ftmonei: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
Hello fellow Nigerians, dont let us think other wise that Obama is not coming to Nigeria, since he is in Ghana i guess he will soonest be in Nigeria probably next week. I guess that.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by viclee009: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
why? Obama does not want to be part of a corrupt, govt that cheats her people, rouge president, senators, and voodoo idiots parading themselves as leaders of the people  grin grin grin. only the average Nigerians are honest to cast their vote which is of course change by Mr fix it & co. is that what the president of the God blessed United States of America wants to identify with no disrespect to my fellow poor Nigerians. Shame on Nigeria politicians and currupt leaders. I personally like this slap in their faces from Obama  grin grin grin.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by mechris: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
Well it wasn't a state visit per say rather a stop over, a balancing so to say to still give africa a mention and some relevance. We stil have a chance if we put our acts together, he will visit Nigeria in the future and I think its worth looking up to.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ilosiwaju: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
Obama visits Ghana instead of Nigeria so? Clinton was here, so was Bush. there was no noise, what's the big picture? it's not like their visits have been transforming.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2009
Pays more than being locked up.

Better to be Locked like a caged animal in a comfortable air conditioned cell with 3 hot meals, cable television and a bed than where you at.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Mandingo,There is a Nigerian behind the wheel because they would rather do that and send the money home. They do it while going to school, most immigrants do that, including the Ghanaians you are praising. I dont see that and look down on them, I look down on people who are able bodied but refuse to work. There is no shame in making an honest living.

They do NOT go to school. Please believe.

They tell me they rather drive Taxi than go to school.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Hauwa1: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
happy he visited Ghana instead of Nigeria, too many nonsense going on.

why are Africans always dancing and druming for a visiting foreign head of states? they should stop it. not so good undecided
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
MandingoII:

Better to be Locked like a caged animal in a comfortable air conditioned cell with 3 hot meals, cable television and a bed than where you at.

Really because. . .

The moon was shining very bright one night when a lean, half-starved wolf, whose ribs were almost sticking through his skin, chanced to meet a plump, well-fed house dog. After the first compliments had been passed between them, the wolf inquired:

“How is it, cousin dog, that you look so sleek and contented? Try as I may I can barely find enough food to keep me from starvation.”

“Alas, cousin wolf,” said the house dog, “you lead too irregular a life. Why do you not work as steadily as I do?”

“I would gladly work steadily if I could get a place,” said the wolf.

“That’s easy,” replied the dog. “Come with me to my master’s house and help me keep the thieves away at night.”

“Gladly,” said the wolf, “for as I am living in the woods I am having a sorry time of it. There is nothing like a roof over one’s head and a bellyful of victuals always at hand.”

‘Follow me.” said the dog.

While they were trotting along together the wolf spied a mark on the dog’s neck. Out of curiosity he could not forbear asking what had caused it.

“Oh, that’s nothing much,” replied the dog. “Perhaps my collar was a little tight, the collar to which my chain is fastened –“

“Chain!” cried the wolf in surprise. “You don’t mean to tell me that you are not free to rove where you please?”

“Why, not exactly,” said the dog, somewhat shamefacedly. “You see, my master thinks I am a bit fierce, and ties me up in the daytime. But he lets me run free at night. It is really very convenient for everybody. I get plenty of sleep during the day so that I can watch better at night. I really am a great favorite at the house. The master feeds me off his own plate, and the servants are continually offering me handouts from the kitchen. But wait, where are you going?”

As the wolf started back toward the forest he said “Good night to you my poor friend, you are welcome to your dainties - and your chains. As for me, I prefer my freedom to your fat.”

[size=15pt]Moral: Lean freedom is better than fat slavery.
[/size]

http://wolfsongalaska.org/housedog_andwolf.html
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by whiteroses(f): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
you guys complaining Obama din't come and visit what if millitants kidnapp am demanding $900 billion shocked oh gosh the whole world will hate us for life grin so you lot complaining he didn't come to nigeria no worries it could be worse
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by hackney(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
Not entirely sure why he didnt choose nigeria
but whatever it was , it wasn't due to militant kidnapping.(Country wey get military base 1000 miles from everywhere)
If that man lands in Abuja even the military cannot kidnap him. (if USS Harry s.Truman anchor near that rivers state the heat go too much for those militant fishes)

I guess the Ghanian govt is more stable and they are seen to be 'trying' as against nigeria with no solution.
A country genetically riddled with corruption.
People dont seem to realise that the corruption in nigeria has no solution.

If a country is that corrupt,what's the point of coming to make lofty speeches?. They know it's pointless.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
whiteroses:

you guys complaining Obama din't come and visit what if millitants kidnapp am demanding $900 billion shocked oh gosh the whole world will hate us for life grin so you lot complaining he didn't come to nigeria no worries it could be worse

I guess this was a joke. Funny cause if the militant haven't gotten around to kidnapping Yar' dull then there is 0 to no chances of Obama being kidnapped.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ibelab(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2009
come naija, come do watin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come help us fight corruption? or poverty? it,z really very nice ,that he didn,t even plan to come. Had it been that he came, ooh God have !! Billions of dollars would have been spent in some peoples pocket, una know now!!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by rafcrown(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2009
Very good question.

BAD LEADERS        
CORRUPTION
ECONOMIC BACKWARDNESS
LACK OF PROPER PLANNING
UNFAVAOURABLE CIA REPORTS
ELECTION RIGGINGS
PDP MAGOMAGO
FROM GIANT OF AFRICA TO "RARA"DWARF OF AFRICA
POT HOLES,INSECURITY,
BAD IMAGE
CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES
DIPLOMACY GOING WRONG
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ibelab(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
if to say em comeoooo!atleast i for get contract to supply red carpet  lipsrsealed
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
Moral: Lean freedom is better than fat slavery.

You can show your bony rib cage all you want.

I'd rather eat steak and lobster-tails than pounded yams without spice any day.

enjoy! cool

Fugg what you talking about

sips pierre' water with baby pinky erect
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Horus(m): 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2009

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by adigun101: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
Whats the big deal. The US is all about self interest. He supposedly visited Ghana because it is an exemplary democracy. But don't forget he visited Egypt b4 Ghana. Tell me whats so democratic about Egypt ? A Totalitarian, Autocratic state with mubarak in power for almost 3 decades. He bowed and kissed the hands of the saudi King what is so democratic about Saudi. He has been playing cozy with China another undemocratic state not to mention his latest visit to russia another undemocratic state.

He the does not visit Nigeria because its not democratic ? Wake up ladies and gentlemen, we cannot be taken for a ride.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
Whats the big deal. The US is all about self interest. He supposedly visited Ghana because it is an exemplary democracy. But don't forget he visited Egypt b4 Ghana. Tell me whats so democratic about Egypt ? A Totalitarian, Autocratic state with mubarak in power for almost 3 decades. He bowed and kissed the hands of the saudi King what is so democratic about Saudi. He has been playing cozy with China another undemocratic state not to mention his latest visit to russia another undemocratic state.

He the does not visit Nigeria because its not democratic ? Wake up ladies and gentlemen, we cannot be taken for a ride.

yeah, the WORLD IS PERFECT!!!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Ndipe(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
Why sweat it if this man visits Nigeria or not? This kind of mental slavery of looking upto this man's visit, reeks of colonial mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Cannot Work With Tinubu, ACN A Party Of Rebels – Falae / Governor Okowa's Message To Obasanjo At 79 / Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.