Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" (39067 Views)

State Exco Cannot Expel A NEC Member – Prof Oladipo / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / Army Cadet Torturing Man 4 Complimenting Female Officer- NDA Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by poseidon12: 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
Story. This General should just keep quiet. Our soldiers are just thugs. We need an enlightened, civilized president who will put the military in their place and let them understand their place in a democracy.
There should be zero tolerance for the violation of anyone's civil rights, military or civilian.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by galadima77(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
I know the commandant will be feeling intelligent now, after spilling bull crap!

Lame excuse!
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by franklingud(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bullshyte
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by GoldEnyong(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
if punishment have time frame of expiration then why is Code of Conduct Tribunal still after Saraki the Senate President whose sin was fake declaration of assets in 2003?
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by poseidon12: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
EdCure:
"Sambisa News"
...Interesting.

This is the silliest excuse I've ever read from a government agency. Are they by implication saying that members of the armed forces are above the law even when they are caught (with evidence) in unauthorised acts?
People should be made to face the maximum consequences for their inhuman acts.

For your information, the average Nigerian soldier believes he/she is above the law. They are a bunch of thugs. There are few exceptions though.

2 Likes

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by meforyou1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
Can't believe this.
When universities expel students who are in final year for offences they committed when they were freshers.
When US can jail a man today for an offence he committed 50 years ago.
Dumb excuse from NDA

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by 4nobody4every1: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
Rxpetite:

This got me smh. Talk about joining the army with ulterior childish motives.

This is the NDA telling us blatantly that the military has every right to do whatever with civilians. That we should shut up, suck it up and get over it.

This is them telling us to know our place in this nation's hierarchy and stick to it.

This is them telling us it is futile to try to unsurp their authority.

This is them telling us we have no rights as civilians as far as the military is concerned.

If we keep quiet about this, there will never be an end to their bullying. We all should be ready to be frog-jumping in our suit-and-tie(s) for the rest of our lives.

Btw last night I dreamt that an 18 year old cadet was beating a 90 year old lalasticlala with his own walking stick cos he wasn't moving his post to fp fast enough.
....Oh my gosh, U are a clown, buhahahaha, no dull moment on Nairaland grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by poseidon12: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
kokoA:
I pray this gets to the ears of Baba Buhari. He will expel the commandant instead.

You think Buhari does not know about the incessant abuse of civilians by Nigerian soldiers? Buhari himself would probably encourage it. We are all aware how he has been disobeying court orders and violating the civil rights of some accused persons.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't buy the argument of the commandant at all. There shouldn't be a statute of limitations on criminal assault and battery. For goodness sake, the victim sustained injuries and was nearly dead, save for some Good Samaritans that rescued him.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by poseidon12: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
I think the National Assembly should get involved in this case. This General needs to be invited to the senate to explain why he feels that Nigerian soldiers are above the law.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by banmee(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
Gabaleve:
where was it written?

Good point. The army is basically saying it's cadets can do whatever they like and get away with it. They have the proof that the crime was committed, but yet cannot prosecute. Why? And why are they even asking the army? This is also a civil case na.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Faculty14(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
RaptorX:
When the silly commandant did the same when he was a cadet, what moral right does he have to expel them. They see you as nothing but bloody civilians, wonder why another case of a lawyer beaten mercilessly by two soldiers in Lagos for not walking fast enough did not make front page. As for me I hate anybody wearing uniform and carrying gun in Nigeria, all of them are nothing but brutes and thugs.
I always knew right from the onset nothing was gon happen to the erring cadets
#smh

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by survtony(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
The problem we youths have is reading and understanding. The commandant stated that they cant be EXPELLED cause there is a time frame according to their law in the camp. Also didnt you read where he said they have been punished.
He never said the abused person cant sue them in a civil court.
Note that the military has its own laws and soldiers are tried in a military cout (court-martial)
So the abused person should sue them if he isnt satisfied with the military punishments.

Dont let your hate for military influence your understandings.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Truckpusher(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
This is more reason why I have always supported citizens who took laws into their hands and give themselves justice in the face of so much injustice.
When Nnamdi Kanu called Nigeria a "zoo" he was just right in all ramification.

People should learn how to give themselves justice in this jungle and not wait for the useless authorities .
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by loomer: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nigeria is the worst country ever, or that man is the biggest fool ever. If you know say time done elapse den send them to civilian court for judgement.

One thing about western world be say video na the greatest evidence needed to persecute someone no matter how long the crime don dey
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Truckpusher(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
survtony:
The problem we youths have is reading and understanding. The commandant stated that they cant be EXPELLED cause there is a time frame according to their law in the camp. Also didnt you read where he said they have been punished.
Note that the military has its own laws and soldiers are tried in a military cout (court-martial)
So the abused person should sue them if he isnt satisfied with the military punishments.

Does the military law superceed that of the nation itself ? Do we need to due for the police to do their job.

If any person under any guise is found wanting , it is now left for the police to write to the military and she should be tried in a civil court like every other citizen, so tell me what laws does the military has that shields criminals like that cadet ?
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by poseidon12: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
survtony:

And you believe him when he said they have been punished?
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by rallymento(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunmsg:
Absolute nonsense. The NA should release the erring cadets to the police who will in turn institute a criminal case of assault and battering against them in court. Shielding them from prosecution and punishment under whatever guise is unacceptable.

Those that batter us daily on the road nko? We all know the military and their ego... Allow those kids achieve their military dreams. I'm not trying to justify their silly act though..
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by shogbenga: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
physically assaulting someone isnt a criminal case but a civil offence. yes the act is condemnable but the Commandant mentioned that the cadets have been punished accordingly. what else do we want him to do.he only mentioned that NDA could have considered expelling the cadets if the offence was reported earlier. but looking at it logically if your child goes out to bully another person and beat the person up ,will u say he should be jailed? or is it because the offence was committed by uniform persons?we should note that the commandant mentioned that at the time the offence was committed, the cadets were 3 months old in NDA....youthful exuberance....meaning they should be about 17 to 18 years old. if the offence was committed by older cadets, the punishment would probably have been more severe. we should control our emotions before we judge
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Montaque(m): 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
kokoA:
I pray this gets to the ears of Baba Buhari. He will expel the commandant instead.
clap for urself

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Montaque(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
shogbenga:
physically assaulting someone isnt a criminal case but a civil offence. yes the act is condemnable but the Commandant mentioned that the cadets have been punished accordingly. what else do we want him to do.he only mentioned that NDA could have considered expelling the cadets if the offence was reported earlier. but looking at it logically if your child goes out to bully another person and beat the person up ,will u say he should be jailed? or is it because the offence was committed by uniform persons?we should note that the commandant mentioned that at the time the offence was committed, the cadets were 3 months old in NDA....youthful exuberance....meaning they should be about 17 to 18 years old. if the offence was committed by older cadets, the punishment would probably have been more severe. we should control our emotions before we judge

there is criminal assault, it's both a civil and a criminal act.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Mcowubaba: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
byrron:
Nigeria is nothing but a joke!

When some people call Nigeria Zoo, we will start acting Surprised...
Isn't it in a ZOO that such a thing can happen, so if cadet kill person, nd after 6 months the case has nt being reported, then Nothing will be done, bcuz of some useless silly man-made law...
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by francizy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:
Then the victims should initiate criminal charges against them in the courts.

Sue them to court. There is ample evidence to sue and win the case.

Or will the so called Nigerian army also stop the judiciary from prosecuting these animals?

I can also murder a soldier and hide the facts until after two years so I will be absolved.

The Idiocy in his logic.

I swear down! So if they had killed the man during this assault, the useless NA would still tell us that the time frame for their punishment has ellapsed? NA is a huge joke..

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by francizy(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
shogbenga:

So if am a military official, I can choose to kill a hundred innocent civilians and hide the evidence until after 6 months?
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by ajaylee1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
I pray one day a cadet will rape the wife of one general, and after six month they should say the prosecution time is over.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Bekeey: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Aaaaah....God come for our aid oooo Nigeria is gone oooooooooo.....Chaaaaiiiiiiii Nigeria ana aaaaaaaaa.....End time for dis country if God dd nt Intervene.
Long Leg is Good.....I mean capital I M God will help us......Amen
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Bekeey: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Aaaaah....God come for our aid oooo Nigeria is gone oooooooooo.....Chaaaaiiiiiiii Nigeria ana aaaaaaaaa.....End time for dis country if God dd nt Intervene.
Long Leg is Good.....I mean capital I M God will help us......Amen
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by survtony(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
poseidon12:

And you believe him when he said they have been punished?

My brother. The video only showed up now, the abused never sued.
So there isnt a case.
Whether a punishment was truely served or not isnt our biz.
The abused can take up the case now if he pleases, if not then there is no crime.

Imagine your in a company for 3years or in your 3rd year in a university. someone comes up with a video of you bullying someone 2years ago after work or outside school
Will it be justified for your boss or school to expel/sack you?
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
....and they expect us to feel sad when a soldier dies!
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Raymee(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't know why we are just so narrow minded sincerely. The guy was forced to say anything just because they want to experiment how to torture? Why then can't they use any other means like getting an erring traffic offenders in major roads or parks & punished accordingly or go out there & trap any robber, then descend on him or her than innocent poor guy. Nonsense! Am concerned because it happened to any one of us. I was driving along one major road in Yaba & was stopped while on the speed by the so called security agents in uniform, I told them to better shoot in broad day light if they are not trained. With that, they pursued me & I stopped, we settled right there because alot of people came out while I explained myself. If not, they could have messed up with me for no reason. Then someone would say they should not be allowed to served as deterrent to others.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by JuanDeDios: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunmsg:
Absolute nonsense. The NA should release the erring cadets to the police who will in turn institute a criminal case of assault and battering against them in court. Shielding them from prosecution and punishment under whatever guise is unacceptable.
Some offences are statute barred after a period of time. Unfortunately, it's the law and there's nothing the commandant can do about it. He should have reported on time.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Raymee(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
shogbenga:
How on earth can you say that? They should set example for others to emulate please, black is black! If the act was carried out by some boys in the garage, won't you say they are mad & should be punished? The matter here is more stupid than anyone to say they should be pardon. Sure you watched the video? It doesn't just make any sense. Okay, let's say dead was involved during the torturing of the innocent boy, tell me what would have been the case now. Pardon right? If I hear!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / Adebanjo: Tinubu Had Always Won In Lagos Through Thuggery, Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.