Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break (14826 Views)

Arewa Youths Give Osinbajo 10-Day Ultimatum To Arrest Nnamdi Kanu / Amaechi To Embark On A 10-Day Medical Vacation Like Buhari / Buhari May Extend 10-day Trip — Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by catchfun: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Friday. said that he would commence a 10-day working break from Monday to enable him rest.
‎He said the Deputy National Chairman, South, Engr. Segun Oni, would act on his behalf during the vacation.
Chief Odigie-Oyegun addressed journalists at the APC National Secretariat to clarify the reports that he would go on a month-long vacation that could signal the beginning of his disengagement from the party.
He said despite his health challenge, he managed to attend last Wednesday’s meeting of the party’s key leaders at the State House, Abuja.
He dismissed the media report suggesting an “internal strife” in the party and a move to “ease” him out of office.
He said, “I have been chairman for how long now? It’s going to two years. It has been very intense prior to building the party- a very intense period putting government together up to this point. All that has happened is that I think I deserve a bit of a break. That will start effective Monday. In my absence, my deputy, Engr Oni, will cover my beat. It is that simple, it is that straightforward. Any speculation about not being in the office is of no consequence.
“On Tuesday, I was down with malaria. I managed on Wednesday to attend that crucial meeting at the presidency. On Thursday, I had to go to the hospital just to be sure. Today (Friday), I am at work, full stop.”
When asked about the duration of the break, he said, “Ten working days (two weeks). So, if you start counting from Monday, you should know when I'll be back. The meeting on Wednesday has such important national issues that chairman or no chairman position has nothing to do with such serious issues of national importance. It’s very serious that select group like that was put together to address so nothing as mundane as whether the future of the chairman is in doubt or not….
Asked to speak on the date for the constitution of the APC Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Odigie-Oyegun said the Board would meet on March 22, the day before the National Caucus would also hold its meeting.
He added that the National Executive Committee (NEC), which is the highest decision-making body of the party, would meet on March 24.
Chief Odigie-Oyegun said President Muhammadu Buhari was currently talking to those who had an impact in re-arranging the international economic realities to change some of the current dynamics made oil collapsed “in such a precipitate manner”.
He said the president’s trips and investment drive were necessary because Nigeria needed good prices for oil so that it could implement its own national development plan

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/oyegun-goes-on-10-day-break/135512.html

1 Like

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by emamos: 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
O da bee...It is well

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by tsephanyah(f): 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
I'm fulani from katsina, and I really hate Apc

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sai APC Chair, you need rest biko...

Great job

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Liljeez(m): 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:
Beth why?

1 Like

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by MrPresident1: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
John Odigie Oyegun one of our ancestors.

May God protect our ancestors and grant them long life and good health, amen. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by lonelydora: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Rest well my brother, politics is not for the old.

11 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by donholy28(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
APC=failure

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by bolt000(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
body no be firewood, kin deh shay Robot undecided
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by laurel03(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
U don try jare go rest small even Buhari self don rest

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by tsephanyah(f): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Liljeez:
Beth why?
because I hate Apc, owk I hate lies

22 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by jay2pee(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
The man wants to reinforce his own lying skills.

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by nkowaputa(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Everything is news for APC.

14 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Sunnycliff(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
When you don't have anything to offer you will take into hiding. Onechanceleaders

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
10 day small na
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Liljeez(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:
because I hate Apc, owk I hate lies
Cmon......wat lies have they told you
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by esaias1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
rest and come back to work ASAP
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by gabazin080(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
Y not kukuma retire with your tourist minister

6 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by ahmadmuazu5(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wish you quick recovery and nice holiday

1 Like

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by loomer: 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
How e take affect us?

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by dunkem21(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice vacation, jare ..

..The supreme court back to back verdict is enough stress for an advanced man .. wink

5 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by 1Dray(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Old old men! When are you vacating the various seats for the youths to man? Something you've been on since from your early 20's...

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by SouthernBreeze(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
K
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by dukie25: 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
APC and the govt have been on holiday since winning the election, what's new?
Meanwhile Bubu is holidaying in Mecca?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by Marshallian(m): 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Man must rest now......
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by gunuvi(m): 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Una never tire
Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by ChinoJeff: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
APC- party of old wheels on a modern ship.
Motto; no competition in destiny.

I guess there's no new lies to tell now. Have some rest and see if you can imagine new lies.

7 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by ChinoJeff: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
This APC and their dramas see.
Shey dem want politics? Dem don get politics. Now dem don dey run from politics

APC-una neva 'shee shumchin'

5 Likes

Re: Oyegun Goes On 10-day Break by hucienda: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:

wow... thought everyone up there are 100% behind APC.

As an aside, seeing an image of your likeness (if yours) lays further credence to this... Fulani babes fine die!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Britain Has Helped Us To ‘touch The Untouchables’, Says Magu / Only Few Nigerians Are Complaining About Buhari's Government - Lai Mohammed / Lagos East: APC Sues PDP Candidate, Gbadamosi For Certificate Falsification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.