Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic (38564 Views)

Jonathan Built Only Federal University In Buhari’s State, Omokri Replies Garba / Dr. Ismaila Farouk Blasts Osinbajo; Says He’s No Saint / Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by tola268: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
drss:
na which kind pastor dey lie shamelessly like dis say GEJ no build new roads osumbande is a fake pastor.
Sorry for Nigeria
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Forwetinnah: 2:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:
OP kindling add your source, or you can add the link to Okupe's facebook page.

Now, Doyin Okupe should have told us the roads Jonathan built because I didn't read him mention any.

This has always been the problem with people like Okupe, people say you didn't do something, you say they're lying, instead of you to show proof and expose their lies, you just say this and that and rant, because you can.

So Mr Okupe, go ahead and tell us the roads Jonathan built.

Ask Fashola...

Or was Fashola lying when he said GEJs administration had built more roads than any other government in Nigeria? So this is your excuse to champion a bloody lie in the house of GOD and your name is Joseph? Okay...wake up o!! Dream leisure is over!!

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by dijon: 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
after reading through, i thought OKUPE would mention one new federal road built by Jonathan, but what a waste of productive time reading this nonsense.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Forwetinnah: 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Mamatee07:
He just proved Osinbajo.right. The fact that he couldn't mention a single Road says it all lipsrsealed

Ask Fashola. ...he will gladly name the roads for you

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by stoladcom: 3:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Dr Doyin,

With your status, it is not enough for you to counter Professor's comment but to state all the roads constructed by Jonathan's government. With that, we can all believe your argument or statement.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by careersap: 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
It is a fact that GEJ built more roads than any previous head of state. One shining example is Benin-Ore road that defied 7 past head of states.
The VP might have backsliden.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Forwetinnah: 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
arsenal33:
Fashola was speaking at THE NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS

We shall be there to speak about boooooohari in AYs crack your ribs...never mind. One year is gone already

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Mackson01: 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Okupe should stop wasting words. Mention the road Gej built from beginning to end ,no be renovation we dey talk ooo. Okuigbe abi wetin dem call u, shame on you. You sure say you go d school wey you talk so. Simple question asked" You build road"? Answer " na same school we attend. Chiooo
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by klax(m): 3:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Doing pls don't waste your time on anything APC its blatant waste of time. Pls Doyin stop referring to Osibandict as pastor pls he is not a pastor ok or possibly APC pastor anyway.

A liar will always be a liar. A so called nan of God that was appointed by a Cultist to be Nigeria VP pls what do you think Pls hold your peace all I know is APC has messed their chance and it's over.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Austino101(m): 3:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
RareDiamond:
Pastor Yomi Osibanjo lied. There are numerous roads built by PDP.
......................... 1 of d new roads built by GEJ is d double lane road frm ughelli to Patani in Delta State.........xo abeg of Prof 2 go into proper checkings b4 he start anoda lie of d year..,.....i dnt mean revamp road......newly constructed road including d 2nd bridge built by setraco construction company in Patani LGA of Delta State

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by TijaniAbu: 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yemi Osinbajo has been telling lies since he was meritlessly woken in his house to be VP. Rather than lying to Nigeria about the roads he lies that PDP did not build, he should show Nigerians the roads that APC have built, zilch. VP has bastardized our economy but he wants to sermonise about history. Fake pastor, more of a pharisee. His God is Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by pek(m): 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
profinmasscom:

Dear, Jonathan built Enugu-Porthacourt express. The construction company that built it is Arab Contractor. I'm not a politician and I'm not in support of any party be it PDP or APC. But I hate when someone who calls himself a man of God tell lies especially inside the church Auditorium just to deceive the gullible members.

I weep for this country because APC and PDP are the same. But APC have Supersede PDP in terms of lies. I have never seen a party with such kind of lies even when you catch them red-handed, yet they maintain on their lies.

Nigeria will be progresive if we stop deceiving ourselves and focus on the truth.
Please, how old are you? I ask because that statement sounds like that of a ten year old. Enugu Port Harcourt road that has been there before i was born. SMH. Pathetic. By the way, when last did you travel on that road?
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
dahaz:
Okupe you have not said anything meaningful.I was expecting him to mention the roads Goodluck constructed to counter the claim of the VP.But instead you are telling us both of you attended igbobi college.SMH

Even if Jonathan did not bild any road, should a Vice President say such in a Church or Mosque ?

I pity una.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by deedo93(m): 3:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Austino101:
......................... 1 of d new roads built by GEJ is d double lane road frm ughelli to Patani in Delta State.........xo abeg of Prof 2 go into proper checkings b4 he start anoda lie of d year..,.....i dnt mean revamp road......newly constructed road including d 2nd bridge built by setraco construction company in Patani LGA of Delta State

Thank u sir! if we see truth make we talk am. abuja to Kaduna via bwari by- pass road na bush before GEJ ooo

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by superstar1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Austino101:

You are a liar.

OBJ started the road from Warri.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by ooshinibos: 3:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Okupe Okupe , mention just one road your GEJ built , just one .... I don't mean resurfaced or revamped roads o
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by dahaz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
nike4love:

The evidence is there but you choose to deceive urself and gullible nigerians,
If you still pretend you don't knw the roads built by Gej,go and ask fashola and amechi.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by aresa: 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
Naughtysite:

Even if Jonathan did not bild any road, should a Vice President say such in a Church or Mosque ?

I pity una.

GEJ gave nearly all his policy and official speeches in different churches every sunday...
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by shogz89: 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
forkinsonlolo:
in SW GEJ did not build any NEW road, he only started rehabilitation of existing one like lagos ibadan exp, 3rdMB ore Benin exp. Obasanjo built a new express from ibadan to Ilorin. Banbangida built 3rdMB
you people are just mentioning Lagos Ibadan express way like he constructed up to 1/4 of the road,, if he constructed Lagos /Ibadan express way why are they re awarding it under this dispensation.. Abeg he did construct that road jare, benin ore started since 2007/2008 still sagamu ijebu ode is still a trap.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by profinmasscom(m): 4:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
obailala:
The Enugu-Port-Harcourt express road existed long before I was born, it even existed before the war. Isn't it just appalling that hordes of supposedly educated adults do not understand the meaning of the word 'new'? How has it become rocket science for Nigerians to comprehend the meaning of 'NEW ROAD'? shocked

By the way, even though some portions of the enugu-PH expressway was fixed during GEJ's tenure, the job did not start under GEJ and the job is still far from complete even after GEJ. That road is still listed as one of the terrible vital roads we in the SE for which Ekweremadu tackled Fashola for allocating only a meagre amount to in 2016. I honestly do not understand what then you mean by saying "Jonathan built enugu-PH expressway."

Dear, if you are a Supporter of any political party, that's your own cup of tea. I'm not a politician, neigther do I dance to the Decisive drum beat (LIES) of any political party, both PDP, APC etc. I focus on the truth, and that's the only thing that can set man free.

If you are going by the word (NEW) to draw your premise since you said that the Enugu-PH express has been in existence even before you were born, can you tell me any (BUSH) that was carved out as federal Road, Which vehicles, even passersby have never made use of?

Because my dictionary tells me that NEW simply means "something that was recently produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before".

Then let's see how many of it was constructed by Obasanjo, before Jonathan, then let's see which one that has been awarded by Buhari who has already consumed 9 months in the office. Remaining 3 years and 3 months for his tenure to elapse. Who is even finding it difficult to present annual Budget, who promised to make #1=$1 immidiately he assumed office but up till now, Dollar is on the higher side.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by prophetfire: 4:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:

Now, Doyin Okupe should have told us the roads Jonathan built because I didn't read him mention any.

This has always been the problem with people like Okupe, people say you didn't do something, you say they're lying, instead of you to show proof and expose their lies, you just say this and that and rant, because you can.

okupe should have mentioned the roads if there were any instead of beating about the bush.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by lereinter(m): 5:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
[quote author=chimere66 post=43347307]Former Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Sunday, described the recent statement credited to vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, that no new road has been built by government in the last ten years as "a lie and an absolute falsehood."

While expressing regrets that the statement was made in a church, Okupe, who stated this on his Facebook page, said that the church has a role to play in politics and that Osinbajo was wrong in assertion.

The former Presidential aide wrote that: “This is perhaps one of the most difficult posts I have made to date.”

“Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I have a few things in common. He is a professional in politics like me. He is a practising Christian and a revered Pastor. I am a practising christian and an aspiring Evangelist.”

“We both are alumni of Igbobi college, Yaba. Lagos. His younger brother and mine were classmates at Igbobi and are both pastors of the fountain of life church, Ilupeju, where I became grounded in Christianity under the mentorship of the celebrated and revered man of God, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya.”

“It was in this church and before a body of pastors undergoing a spiritual retreat that the Vice President went and said that the federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single new road.”

“This statement is a lie and an absolute falsehood. Many people have said so. But this is not why I am writing this. My concern is the erroneous assumption that just because the VP is a Christian therefore every christian is APC.”

“This why the VP’s statement is unfortunate in that it was a wrong statement made in a wrong place(church) and before a wrong audience.”

“The church must also be sensitive and mindful of the danger in bringing politics into the church. For Prof Osinbajo, if only he remembered the Igbobi college motto ” omnes unum in domino” meaning ” all are one in the Lord, he would not have committed such a blunder.”

“Our God is God of APC, PDP, Labour etc. Having said this the VP is someone I hold in very high esteem and he knows this. I am also proud of his role in this administration.”

Source:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1685983251661500&id=1425109977748830[/quot
a good politician must be a great liar be it a pastpr or not

ag

a
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Goke7: 5:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Its obvious from all the comments so far that no one including okupe himself has been able to knock down the points made by the VP.

And it seems many Nigerians cannot differentiate between a rehabilitated road from a newly constructed one. All I see here are children who lack understanding.

The VP was even lenient with his words. Truth is since Nigeria returned to democracy since 1999 no new road or bridge has been built by the federal government apart from the ones in Abuja city cos its the seat of Govt.

Osinbajo was right just as PMB was right not to devaluate the naira.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Adminisher: 5:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
careersap:
It is a fact that GEJ built more roads than any previous head of state. One shining example is Benin-Ore road that defied 7 past head of states.
The VP might have backsliden.

Benin Ore road is a new road to you?
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
No politician has ever told lies like Okukpe,it is good for him that was how everybody felt when he was telling those lies eg he once said Nigerians were getting power supply for more than 12 hours while we were watching him on tv with generating set
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Adminisher: 5:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
Austino101:

This does not sound like a Federal Road. Is this a Federal road built by the Ministry of Works or Delta state?. Was it an intervention by other bodies like Desopadec or NDDC?.
I think you are lying,
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by obailala(m): 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
profinmasscom:

Dear, if you are a Supporter of any political party, that's your own cup of tea. I'm not a politician, neigther do I dance to the Decisive drum beat (LIES) of any political party, both PDP, APC etc. I focus on the truth, and that's the only thing that can set man free.

If you are going by the word (NEW) to draw your premise since you said that the Enugu-PH express has been in existence even before you were born, can you tell me any (BUSH) that was carved out as federal Road, Which vehicles, even passersby have never made use of?

Because my dictionary tells me that NEW simply means "something that was recently produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before".

Then let's see how many of it was constructed by Obasanjo, before Jonathan, then let's see which one that has been awarded by Buhari who has already consumed 9 months in the office. Remaining 3 years and 3 months for his tenure to elapse. Who is even finding it difficult to present annual Budget, who promised to make #1=$1 immidiately he assumed office but up till now, Dollar is on the higher side.
Bro I am not here to argue semantics. Even a kid knows the difference between a new road and a rehabilitated road, a kid knows the difference between a new house/car and a refurbished house/car. So except you claim you are less than a kid in terms of maturity, then your argument about people traversing a bush before it was made a road makes no sense.

I find it appalling that for 2 days, adults have been arguing about the meaning of 'new' roads with some bringing up all sorts of silly and laughable but 'needless' defences, and also claiming that the VP lied. I have used the word 'needless' here because if I were to be the one arguing on behalf of Jonathan, the simple argument should have been that 'new roads aren't a priority in the light of the multitude of old major roads needing urgent rehabilitation.

However, even with that said, new roads are sometimes very necessary to open up possible short-cuts to ease traffic and to open up new cities. To answer your question, YES! OBJ built at least one new road which I know of, being the Benin bypass which helps in no little way to reduce journey times when travelling from the SS or SE to Lagos. You dont want to imagine what life was like pre-2002/2003 when travelling to/from Lagos and having no choice but to pass through the terrible traffic inside Benin city.

As for the new administration, it is senseless to judge or compare a 10 month old administration which is yet to even pass its first budget to a 5 year old administration which passed 6 budgets. Asking which new roads have been built by the new administration at this stage is meaningless.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Fadahunsi(m): 6:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:

He built the east-west road, 2nd Niger bridge, and many other roads........on paper!
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nigeriasam: 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
boboLIL:
Osinbajo is a puppet.... No respect to God... No respect to church.. How can a pastor criticise someone in the church in the name of politics? End time sha...
bitter + hateful ipob. 2 bad 4 yanmiris.
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
aresa:

GEJ gave nearly all his policy and official speeches in different churches every sunday...

Were his church speeches about how bad Obasanjo's or Yaradua's governments were ?

In marketing, if you cannot sell yourself, do you have to demarket others to sell yourself ?

You guys are encouraging mediocrity, a government that engages in cheap gossip, lies and blackmail.

If i am buhari, and Jonathan conducted a free and fair election that ousted himself for me to reign, i will never say one negative thing about him all my tenure.

We have simpletons in government, without direction, no wonder we things are this way

Now, how many roads has the curreent government constructed ?
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Jj222(f): 7:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Henryjr:
I told osinbanjo that no man can worship two masters, either Baal or God. either u choose to lie to worship Baal just to play ur game right or u can choose to be on God's side by being faithful n truthful like Ben Murray Bruce
. that is true. but I kno dat some that like hearing d truth
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by meccuno: 7:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
What a foo.lish pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Mustapha Abubakar Audi Raped Me: Sugabelly Blasts Kogi APC LG Chairman Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.