Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. (1547 Views)

I Dated My Girlfriend For 2yrs Not Knowing She Was Already Engaged To....... / She Dated A Man For Eight Years And Suitors Are Coming For Her Nid An Advice / Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2009
She has it all, the looks, beauty, carriage and money. (She works with LNG) But unfortunately for her, she’s been so unlucky with guys. Most guys want her because of who she is and it’s a big put off for her. Anyway, about two years ago, she met this really nice guy and they hit it off right away. What she didn’t know then was that the guy was married.

She found out later but then it was too late. I remember when all these was happening. She was devastated and heartbroken. The guy was perfect for her and everything. I remember advising her to let him go. To keep sleeping with him would only ruin her life and make her even more miserable. It was hard for her, but she finally let him go.

Well, the problem is that right now she’s met someone else. She hasn’t really dated anybody since that guy and she finally met someone she feels is right for her. Only for her to find out that the guy is a brother to the wife of the married man she was dating.  The guy is actually proposing marriage and is insisting she meets members of his family including his sister’s husband (her ex).

Now she’s in a dilemma. She really likes the guy and wants to marry him, and she doesn’t want to ruin it by telling the guy about her past. But she thinks the other man will tell him, if not for anything, to ruin the relationship. He never really let her go. Still keeps calling her and trying to get back with her. 

So what should she do? Should she tell her guy herself, or should she keep it from him and hopes the other guy doesn’t tell him.

I told her not to tell sha. What do you guys think?
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
@poster,

i will suggest u advise ur friend very well and quickly too. Not telling will be a grave mistake. The earlier she tells her current b/f, the better for her ooo. How long does she plan to keep it that way? Since the b/f is serious abt the relationship and planning to settle down wit her, he must hav been discussing her wit his family and sooner or later, the brother will know.

personally. i believe it's good for one to share his/her past with the partner (i mean wat could be told). It's better for the b/f to hear the whole gist from her rather from his brother and if he loves her like u said, he wont hold it against her but will be prepared to face the family wit her.

advise her to act fast b4 it's too late.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by prittigrrr(f): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
She needs to tell him as soon as possible. He is going to find out eventually and would be disastrous if heard from her ex because he will surely portray her as a homewrecker.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by gen2genius(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
Do you really think the brother-in-law will have the guts to reveal his her shameful past, seeing it will implicate him too? undecided
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by izeek(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
uju,
are u sure say this tory nah 4 real!
cos i dont believe in coincidence.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nautillus(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
A very compelling tale. . .
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
gen2genius:

Do you really think the brother-in-law will have the guts to reveal his her shameful past, seeing it will implicate him too? undecided

implicate in wat sense? the brother-in-law is happily married and nobody will giv a damn abt wat he did some years back.

The main reason for this discussion is to save the lady's relationship and future. The brother-in-law has nothing to lose but the lady "has a lot to lose".

izeek:

uju,
are u sure say this tory nah 4 real!
cos i dont believe in coincidence.

how do u mean? are u saying the story is a fluke? Or do u by chance know who the poster is?
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by whitelexi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
My body says "Tell him", but my mind says "It wont work anyway"
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
whitelexi:

My body says "Tell him", but my mind says "It wont work anyway"

wateva the outcome, she would hav a clear conscience.

She should give it a shot and keep her fingers crossed.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by gen2genius(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tosyne, the brother-in-law CHEATED on his wife, and you think he'll disclose what happened without incurring the wrath of his wife and family?
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by iice(f): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
The world is indeed small. . .I would say she should tell the guy. . .
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by alfchye(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
Karma is a bitch, I bet the guy would be ashamed of himself.the girl has nothing to be afraid of.No one expect to meet all their wives Virgin.
I will not be happy if my wife to be is a virgin.
I don't really give a shit a girl past. what matter is the present.Let her tell the guy , I don't see him letting her off becaos she sleep with the ass.
He will be cool with it and she has to really let the ass go.
make the fucker comot for her eyes.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
gen2genius:

Tosyne, the brother-in-law CHEATED on his wife, and you think he'll disclose what happened without incurring the wrath of his wife and family?

i agree wit u that the man cheated on his wife. But dont forget that the man is married and it's always a bit difficult to break a home (i mean DIVORCE). the case will only end at the husband pleading and apologising to his wife and she will hav no choice than to accept the apology most especially if they hav kids already.

but the lady in question will only jeopardise her future ifshe decides to be silent and keep the b/f in the dark. She will always live in fear of her brother-in-law if eventually they settle down. So, it;s better she trash out the case once and for all.

that's my suggestion.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
I think the girl stands a chance if she doesn’t tell. Forgive me but guys have small brains. It’s not about her sleeping with a guy; it’s about the fact that he knows the person in question. I just thought it’ll ruin everything if she tells.

Whitelexi, why d you think its won’’t work anyway? He loves her enough to want to take her as his wife. if the secret can be preserved, what’s to stand in the way of their being together?

@ 1zeek, I know it’s difficult for you to comprehend, but this world is indeed a very small place.

My friend thinks her ex will tell on her and make not only her BF hate her, but here prospective in-laws. Personally I don’t think he’ll tell, cos he deceived her into the relationship in the first place. And he cheated on his wife. so he won’t be quick to reveal their secret.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by izeek(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
in my years i have cometo realise that secrets dont stay hidden.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by smooooooth: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
My opinion, she shldnt say anything, just keep sealed lips, cos I dnt think the married guy will open up that he has been cheating on his wife. So they are both in a fix, and no one will wanna say something that will destroy her relation or his marriage.

And she has nothing to be worried about, she has not committed any crime, she dated him when she did, that’s past and shld be left there.

I also expect the married guy to act matured and keep sealed lips on what they had. At least that’s what I will do, so far the lady in question is not a bitch, and there is nothing to suggest that in your tale.

So tell your friend not to worry, and she shld go for it if her heart is in it.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
izeek:

thatnk you jare!!!

Ujujoan:

I think the girl stands a chance if she doesn’t tell. Forgive me but guys have small brains. It’s not about her sleeping with a guy; it’s about the fact that he knows the person in question. I just thought it’ll ruin everything if she tells.

Whitelexi, why d you think its won’’t work anyway? He loves her enough to want to take her as his wife. if the secret can be preserved, what’s to stand in the way of their being together?

@ 1zeek, I know it’s difficult for you to comprehend, but this world is indeed a very small place.

My friend thinks her ex will tell on her and make not only her BF hate her, but here prospective in-laws. Personally I don’t think he’ll tell, cos he deceived her into the relationship in the first place. And he cheated on his wife. so he won’t be quick to reveal their secret.

i wonder why u posted the topic in the first place since u have a BIG brain and u are wise. Why dont u go ahead and advise ur friend not to tell and make sure u are there when it blows up in her face. I really cant comprehend why u think the brother-in-law will not say anything. Blood they say is thicker than water. WHAT IF HE TELLS? did u ever think of that!!.

U dont have to get insultive when people are sharing their views, u are supposed to read and learn. How do u want people to contribute when u refer to them as 'PEA BRAINS'. i will advise u mind ur choice of words. We are only trying to help ur friend and if u dont appreciate iur contributions, just say it and we will get off this topic not by referring to the guys as "PEA BRAINS'

watch ur tongue woman!!!
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by iice(f): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
izeek:

Unless you are the only who holds the secrets grin
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by smooooooth: 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
MRS BIG BRAIN, It’s the guy that shld be worried here, he is the one going around town telling ladies he is not married, just to do a hit and run. How do u think his wife will respond to that, or even his brother in-law, who is now in love with a gurl, his sister’s husband, lied to, rubbed and ran.

Abeg! The guy dare not say. He will choke on his meal if he sees she is the talked about bride sef. Let the girl be calm and play along. He is bound to call her and beg that what they had shld be left in the dark.

But I suspect your friend knew he was a married man, when they dated o. cos you girls ehn, una no dey let married man rest, then when katakata burst, u will say I didn’t know, like she is saying now.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by agabaI23(m): 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
Let her tell him fast. it was not her fault.

If the guy loves her, it will not spoil nothing.
But on the other hand, I do not think the cheating husband will be brave enough to tell his brother inlaw that he was cheating on his sister.

May be she should keep quiet.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by whitelexi(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ujujoan:

In almost everything i say on NL, I like to say it as if i was the one in the picture because i'm a typical guy who would not hide away from saying my own mind.
In this case, she can keep it a secret because the married man will not want to blow his own cover [as per cheating on his wife], but also she wouldn't wanna blow her own cover and lose her current guy. if she does get married to this guy, she introduces herself into the same cirle and the married guy will not let her be. . . It will drag on until they're discovered.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Tosyne,

If you know about me, you’ll know I have little or no good thing to say about guys. It’s nothing personal, just the way I think. So I’ll advise you to kool yourself, no need getting worked up for nothing.

You do have a point, a clear conscience in theory is very good, but in practice, well, let’s just say life doesn’t work that way.

I only brought the topic to NL cos I intend to show her what other people think about it. She relies on me a lot and I don’t want to mislead her. That doesn’t mean I don’t have my own opinion.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Lexi,

The girl can never sleep with him again. What they had was in the past and she has gotten over him. Even before she met this guy, her ex's still trying to come back, but she will never go back to him.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Smooth

Initially she didnt know he was married. But later she found out and when she confronted him, he dint deny. But she had already gone too far to just walk out. She did walk out, but it took a little time for her to leave.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by whitelexi(m): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Lexi,

The girl can never sleep with him again. What they had was in the past and she has gotten over him. Even before she met this guy, her ex's still trying to come back, but she will never go back to him.

Its all too easy to say it but alot more difficult doing it. This issue will only go into a lot of wickedness, envy, and blackmail - it can split a family into 2, i've seen where a woman destroys two peaceful and loving brothers. . .  The best thing for her is to stay clear
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by tosyne007(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Tosyne,

If you know about me, you’ll know I have little or no good thing to say about guys. It’s nothing personal, just the way I think. So I’ll advise you to kool yourself, no need getting worked up for nothing.

You do have a point, a clear conscience in theory is very good, but in practice, well, let’s just say life doesn’t work that way.

I only brought the topic to NL cos I intend to show her what other people think about it. She relies on me a lot and I don’t want to mislead her. That doesn’t mean I don’t have my own opinion.

cool!!!

i aint getting worked up. Just trying to put u straight and it's so sad that u hav nothing good to say abt guys. (i guess u r talking from experience). Wateva the case may be, pls dont eva think all guys are thesame.

i neva said u shouldn't express ur mind or share ur opinions but u have no right to throw insults. Like u said, ur friend believes in ur judgement, that's the more reason why u need to listen and read people views in order to draw the right conclusions. We are all here to help/assist one anoda and also to learn from our experiences.

I still insist she tells!!! and if the b/f loves her as u said, he should hav the heart to forgive and forgo her past.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by timmy7(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
I think she should tell nw while she still can. Consider a scenario where she didnt tell,d guy too kept his cool but still nurses some romantic fantasy and d body language towards d lady(who doesnt nurse such) became glaring to d husband who then asked if they had anything in common, how long does she intend to keep such secret which, when open can break d marriage Such secret will eventually open one way or d other. Remember a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage,if d husband truly loves her he wont even make noise abt it and when d inlaw tries blackmail in future,her ass will be covered smiley
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by sirt1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Poster,

If ur story is true, tell ur friend to quit. It will surely bounce back at her in future and that may be devastating
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by lechatte(f): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
My advice is that she tell her boyfriend the truth. If the situation were different, I would advice her to keep quiet but this is too close to home so she needs to confess before her ex does. Remember that the cheating husband is married to her current bf's sister (damn!) so if this story comes from any other source other than the girl, it's going to destroy whatever trust her boyfriend has in her. Let her tell him and if he's as in love with her as she thinks, then he would still go on loving her but if he leaves it's still okay because she would have done the right thing.

Btw, if she tells and her boyfriend knows, he would be an ally if ever the sleazy husband decides to use that ammunition against her.
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by debest1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
What do you mean she works in LNG? Is LNG a company? LNG means Liquified Natural Gas, noboby works there!
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by timmy7(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
What do you mean she works in LNG? Is LNG a company? LNG means Liquified Natural Gas, noboby works there!

LNG, NLNG . . whatever!! Its an oil company dummy!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Killing Me Help Me Nairalands / Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? / The Problems With Guys:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.