Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out (37778 Views)

"Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by guyXander(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
henrydadon:
how can they say they did not do anything wrong..when other phone where migrating to the android OS operating system..Nokia still dey experiment with java ...that was their downfall..then they started producing lumia which was using the Microsoft operating system that has limited application and games..we all know lumia was a big flop in the market..Samsung did the right thing by switching to the andriod operating system early ..now look at Samsung today they are balling..
Java is a computer programming language and not an OS.
The Android OS itself is based on Java programming language.
You're welcome.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by henrydadon(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
guyXander:

Java is a computer programming language and not an OS.
The Android OS itself is based on Java programming language.
You're welcome.
...so what operating system do nokia express music uses..if u are saying java is not an operating system
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by jantavanta(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
martineinstein:
Apple is 100% hardware company... In fact, iPhone generates 95% if it's revenue... Once iPhone sales falls Apple dies.... Tim cook can't lead Apple to greatness

Thanks for the explanation. Really another IBM.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Okpueze1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pharaoh94:
can I buy it from you
Hmmmmm, if I hear! My files are best kept safe in it. Am still enjoying the machine ooo.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nokia, I so much loved their products. Well, it's not too late for them to jump ship. I can imagine a Nokia android device.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
redcliff:

i dont get you folks. why do you all keep saying that they should have embraced android. Did apple do that? But they are competing heavily with samsung in all ramifications. It was not about the OS. It was more of not innovating and seeing that the market was gradually changing and going with it. Apple has always been apple OS, but they are still doing fine so stop that Android, no android adaptation crap.
Can you compare iOS with Windows OS? Why didn't Nokia invent their own OS instead of sinking with dead windows OS? If Nokia had embraced Android OS, they would have continued being the flagship up till date.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
IdeeEsperanza:
Nokia, I so much loved their products. Well, it's not too late for them to jump ship. I can imagine a Nokia android device.
They can't anymore, they have been acquired by Microsoft corporation. I just hope Bill Gates would be so kind enough not to lay off Nokia employees....#RipNokia
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Alltek(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Tpave:
I used to be a fan of Nokia because of durability and the battery lasts. The first mobile phone company that challenged them for long lasting battery was Tecngo

They eventually died a natural death when Android was developed and they didn't join the Android crew

Ogbeni which 1 be "Tecngo", no die me with laughter oh....
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Tpave(m): 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
Alltek:

Ogbeni which 1 be "Tecngo", no die me with laughter oh....
Typing error. Thanks for your observation.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
They can't anymore, they have been acquired by Microsoft corporation. I just hope Bill Gates would be so kind enough not to lay off Nokia employees....#RipNokia
NOW, this is scary.
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Xhaka(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Na only software Microsoft sabi, but phones? mbanu angry
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by shanktang(m): 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nsonaso:

If not for the money that was offered to them by Microsoft to partner with them, there would have embrace Android.

Then I personally sent them a message listing various Nokia phones I've used including their Serial numbers to justify my claims telling them the need to embrace Android that Android is the future (Which I believe other Nokia die hard fan did same) but they blatantly refused.

Because there never put their customers first nor value their reputation...

The money was huge because all other brands HTC, Samsung etc has tested Windows Phone OS and discovered it was a plague and they all left Windows phone OS in mortuary.

Microsoft knew Nokia goodwill that people must buy one's is Nokia and that's why they choose Nokia and finally ruined them

Thanks bro finally found someone who understood the thread, most sensible post so far, not all these other guys ranting about rubbish they cant comprehend, the CEO already knew the partnership with microsoft was killing thier brand, but the board refused to bulge because of microsft money, and that puts off every other option, they couldn't do much inovation, they offered very little for so much money from their cusomers, the board should bear the blame

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 11:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
texazzpete:
Android ke

Sony is losing money with Android

Samsung's sales are falling

HTC is nearly bankrupt with Android

LG is struggling with phone sales.

By the time Nokia made the deal with MS, Nokia was already struggling to sell their Series 60 phones. Microsoft promised a lot of cash injection and a pledge to Nokia to allow them make a lot of changes. It was a better deal than what Google was offering.

Yes, Microsoft messed up with Windows Phone, but at the time Nokia made the decision, WP was still a viable alternative with a decent future ahead of it.

The OP is ignorant.
Those companies you mentioned are loosing it because their devices are very expensive and not affordable to a common man, because there are greedy. And Android having different varieties of devices and manufacturers gave it users a lot options to choose from.

And if Nokia should have embrace Android instead of Windows they wouldn't have made that statement today, there would have be Xiaomi or Samsung today cos their Goodwill will always protect them. Note that those days when Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson were manufacturing Symbian phones Nokia still lead the market share. Because they're innovative, there are always ahead of every other competitors

Nokia was struggling to sell their Symbian phone yes because of Android OS and that's why I personally wrote to them that there's need to adopt Android that Android is the future which they refused because of the money Microsoft is ready to offer them to partner with them. And that's why in my post I said they put money first instead of their customers and reputation forgetting that with customers they can get the money.

Microsoft is never an alternative to Android then because Microsoft is already dead and abandoned in the mortuary by Sony Ericsson and HTC who has tested it and discovered it's a plague, and Microsoft needs Nokia goodwill to revive the OS back to life, but Nokia failed to see it that way and accepted Microsoft offer because there are money conscious.

So man I think you're the one that is terribly ignorant

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Frontier2: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
LOL, Nokia is known for durability and long lasting battery but when they ventured into smartphones production, the battery life was terrible.Tecno has taken their position in Nigeria
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
henrydadon:
...so what operating system do nokia express music uses..if u are saying java is not an operating system
The non Symbian Xpress Music like Nokia 5220, 5130 etc uses Nokia S40 OS with Java run time embedded on it. That enables it to run .jar files

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
Some resigned and some fired.... Stephen Elop who was the CEO of Nokia was fired by some news while some said he resigned when the board made another person the CEO
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by texazzpete(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2016
Nsonaso:

Those companies you mentioned are loosing it because their devices are very expensive and not affordable to a common man, because there are greedy. And Android having different varieties of devices and manufacturers gave it users a lot options to choose from.

Don't be ignorant. Why is the iPhone selling so well, if it's all about 'affordability to the common man'?

All the companies that are selling very well in China are either doing it at low margins like Xiaomi or have midrange hardware.

Massive companies like Samsung need the high margin sales from flagships to make profits that allow innovation.

Nsonaso:

And if Nokia should have embrace Android instead of Windows they wouldn't have made that statement today, there would have be Xiaomi or Samsung today cos their Goodwill will always protect them. Note that those days when Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson were manufacturing Symbian phones Nokia still lead the market share. Because they're innovative, there are always ahead of every other competitors

The Xiaomi model is untenable for most western companies.

Nsonaso:

Microsoft is never an alternative to Android then because Microsoft is already dead and abandoned in the mortuary by Sony Ericsson and HTC who has tested it and discovered it's a plague

False information. Windows Phone wasn't a success then, but at least it wasn't 'dead and abandoned'

Nsonaso:

but Nokia failed to see it that way and accepted Microsoft offer because there are money conscious.

There is no publicly traded company in this world that is not 'money conscious'
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
texazzpete:

Don't be ignorant. Why is the iPhone selling so well, if it's all about 'affordability to the common man'?

Am sorry you don't know why iPhones is still selling

Let me tell you...
1. iPhone runs on a different operating system iOS and a very good one at that.
iOS being a good OS and a manufacturer proprietary closed source operating system gave her an edge over any other phone. i.e if you must use an iOS, you must buy an iPhone. So why wouldn't it sell well would have been your questions.

Imagine you're the only person that farm and sell Rice in the whole world? If people must eat rice, they must buy from you. Wouldn't it sell well no matter the price tag.

You can go ask economics the advantages of monopolizing a product.

Even Apple themselves knows that the only reason why their product still sell till date is the monopoly of their OS. And am very sorry that you're too blind to see it.

.... Apple selling well is in the US and other countries where their prices are subsidised buy their network careers

.... And about other manufacturers going down in the market is as a cause of their greed.
Compare this phones and their prices HTC one E9+, Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime,
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by amorebise(m): 5:47am On Mar 04, 2016
Nokia did everything wrong. You can see details in this article: http://themorebisepost.com/2016/03/04/did-nokia-really-didnt-do-anything-wrong/
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nmeri17: 7:29am On May 01, 2016
I'm just seeing this. I don't think anybody should be blamed--be it management or anyone for that matter. Times come and go. Empires make way for ex minnows. Just deal with it.

Posterity shall remember the company as the beginning of everything. I invite everyone to read the answer by Paul shilla on this thread
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by eyems: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by tck2000(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens On. The Internet Every 60 Seconds / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3 / Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.