Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,713 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Genotype Silently Killing Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Genotype Silently Killing Relationships (3521 Views)

"Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues / GOING THROUGH A DEVASTATING BREAK UP. Please Help Me Friends!! Am Dying Silently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
This is one particular phenomenon that has wrecked so many beautiful relationships but hardly taken into consideration untill one gets to the stage where they both want to take the relationship to the permanent site.

The AA, AS, SS and even AC genotype issue can be associated with the saying in local parlance that says ''who no go, no know''. People will be in an awesome relationship of one, two, three years and so on with the conviction that they are a perfect match to each other only to realize the hidden unbidden at the point of taking the bold decision of saying *you marry me i marry you..*

Don't judge people if you don't know the circumstances behind their being single especially the ladies as this issue of genotype has kept so many people from getting married for year.

Pls share your experience!

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Cutehector(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
cry
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by SUPERPACK: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:
This is one particular phenomenon that has wrecked so many beautiful relationships but hardly taken into consideration untill one gets to the stage where they both want to take the relationship to the permanent site.
The AA, AS, SS and even AC genotype issue can be associated with the saying in local parlance that says ''who no go, no know''. People will be in an awesome relationship of one, two, three years and so on with the conviction that they are a perfect match to each other only to realize the hidden unbidden at the point of taking the bold decision of saying *you marry me i marry you..*
Don't judge people if you don't know the circumstances behind their being single especially the ladies as this issue of genotype has kept so many people from getting married for year.
Pls share your experience!
but how can you be at the age of marriage without knowing ur genotype. i believe its a case of ignorance from both partners.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
SUPERPACK:

but how can you be at the age of marriage without knowing ur genotype. i believe its a case of ignorance.

The issue is not being at the age of marriage without knowing but so many things. We all know dat generally we have preponderance of people with the AS genotype, meaning that they 've got to be looking out for people with d AA genotype.

There are ladies that have had about four to five proposals and from whom they liked but because of mismatch of genotype they have to part ways.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by SUPERPACK: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

The issue is not being at the age of marriage without knowing but so many things. We all know dat generally we have preponderance of people with the AS genotype, meaning that they 've got to be looking out for people with d AA genotype.

There are ladies that have had about four to five proposals and from whom they liked but because of mismatch of genotype they have to part ways.
its for a better tomorrow.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
My own case makes me cry everyday, but what can I do? It is what it is.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Aremu01(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Back then while in School, mum screams before love enter ur head, go n know ur genotype. And I am soooooooooooooooo favoured. She is AA. Just what I needed cos I am CC
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
SUPERPACK:

its for a better tomorrow.

Yes its for a better tomorrow, even though some people don't find it difficult to find a match, there are many pipl out there dat are finding it difficult to find as I have a brother whose about four relationship have collapsed due to genotype mismatch
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
blueseacats:
My own case makes me cry everyday, but what can I do? It is what it is.

Brother just as I stated up there, one wouldn't know d heat until he or she is in the kitchen. So many relationships have suffered dis genotype wahala and still counting.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Aremu01:
Back then while in School, mum screams before love enter ur head, go n know ur genotype. And I am soooooooooooooooo favoured. She is AA. Just what I needed cos I am CC

It's really a big matter. U will see a beautiful lady dat so well fits into ur specs (character and otherwise) and one genotype from no where would come and jeopardize everything. .
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Jaydenphoenix: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Story of my life but I'm still hopeful.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

Brother just as I stated up there, one wouldn't know d heat until he or she is in the kitchen. So many relationships have suffered dis genotype wahala and still counting.
The worse is when people think is very easy to just move on from someone you share almost everything in common with, someone that completes your sentence , someone that miraculously knows where you hurt without being told, someone that shares your views about the meaning of life, someone that makes people believe you are present even when you are absent, someone that shares your idea of what success is, all of sudden she has to give a second look at complete dough bags because they are AA. It hurts really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Aremu01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
I rmbrd when my gf was going to do the blood test then. It was like going for a death sentence. We were so scared. Cos we both knew anything other than an AA for her means our end. I remembered my heart beating like I was running a marathon, but thank God for God. She came out AA

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by jcklsweet(f): 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
genotype examination is very essential cos of our lovely tomorrow.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
blueseacats:
The worse is when people think is very easy to just move on from someone you share almost everything in common with, someone that completes your sentence , someone that miraculously knows where you hurt without being told, someone that shares your views about the meaning of life, someone that makes people believe you are present even when you are absent, someone that shares your idea of what success is, all of sudden she has to give a second look at complete dough bags because they are AA. It hurts really.
This can only come from someone with an experience. I always wondered if some peeps online have ever been in a relationship due to there response to some relationship matters.

There is this online forum where people bring up there relationship problems for advice and peeps would be like leave him, leave her as solutions. itz not always easy until one finds one's self in such situation.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by asids55: 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Am currently in the same dilemma, myself and my gf of 6 years just found out that we are both As,she always told me that she was AA way back in school so I felt there was no need for me to know mine,not until she started work(she had to do her medicals and all),and got to find out that she was actually As,I was forced to go and check mine just 2 weeks back and was hit by the very sad news..could not stop the tears from rolling out when I saw the result,I have been doing a lot of research on ways to prevent a couple from giving birth to a child with SS and I came up with just 2 solutions, they can either check for the genotype of the baby at an early stage i.e after 12 weeks of being pregnant,and if its an SS,you can abort or you go through PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis ) which is quite expensive..I told her about the 2 solutions and told her to really think about it and I will be okay with whatever choice she makes..so that's my very painful story...to think that a girl you shared everything with(your dreams and aspirations ,bad times,good times,struggle, hustle) might leave you thanks to a stupid genotype is suicidal to say the least

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

This can only come from someone with an experience. I always wondered if some peeps online have ever been in a relationship due to there response to some relationship matters.

There is this online forum where people bring up there relationship problems for advice and peeps would be like leave him, leave her as solutions. itz not always easy until one finds one's self in such situation.
The problem is that most people consider themselves in a relationship, when they are in a 'no strings attached sexual picnic' you will know them by the way they scream "leave him! , leave her!" . They do that cause they don't even know what commitment is , let alone feeling it.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
asids55:
Am currently in the same dilemma, myself and my gf of 6 years just found out that we are both As,she always told me that she was AA way back in school so I felt there was no need for me to know mine,not until she started work(she had to do her medicals and all),and got to find out that she was actually As,I was forced to go and check mine just 2 weeks back and was hit by the very sad news..could not stop the tears from rolling out when I saw the result,I have been doing a lot of research on ways to prevent a couple from giving birth to a child with SS and I came up with just 2 solutions, they can either check for the genotype of the baby at an early stage i.e after 12 weeks of being pregnant,and if its an SS,you can abort or you go through PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis ) which is quite expensive..I told her about the 2 solutions and told her to really think about it and I will be okay with whatever choice she makes..so that's my very painful story...to think that a girl you shared everything with(your dreams and aspirations ,bad times,good times,struggle, hustle) might leave you thanks to a stupid genotype is suicidal to say the least
Bro. I understand your situation hook line and sinker. Pgd even though expensive is the best option. But the most available and also good is amniocentesis, love conquers all bro. If you really happy with this girl with good planning and focus everything will be all right.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by DeMekus: 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
SUPERPACK:

but how can you be at the age of marriage without knowing ur genotype. i believe its a case of ignorance from both partners.
Pray tell, did you ask your wife/gf her genotype the day you met her?
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by asids55: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
blueseacats:
Bro. I understand your situation hook line and sinker. Pgd even though expensive is the best option. But the most available and also good is amniocentesis, love conquers all bro. If you really happy with this girl with good planning and focus everything will be all right.

have you gone through the same ordeal?and thanks for the advice..I read up on the amniocentesis procedure,it sounds more like checking for the genotype at an early stage

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by DeMekus: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
Aremu01:
Which one is CC again?
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Kuronima: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi I'm Kuro, AA, O negative, Mother's side has a few with diabetes, no cancer relatives, none of my sibs are school drop outs... people should properly do introductions when they meet... Problem half-solved
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
asids55:
If this genotype tin could be given enough attention by the medical researchers i believe dat they Wil come up with favorable solution. Its just dat d western world dat are advanced and in a better position to proffer solution are not really seeing it as a big deal.
Many whites don't even consider it in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Aremu01(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
DeMekus:
Which one is CC again?
LOL I tell you bro We are very very scarce
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
asids55:

have you gone through the same ordeal?and thanks for the advice..I read up on the amniocentesis procedure,it sounds more like checking for the genotype at an early stage
No I have not but a friend of mine did, and it's relatively safe, I also have a friend who works in a very good private hospital on the island where they do amnio. But the last time I spoke to her they only extract the amniotic fluid and send it to SA where the test is done then sent back.And yes what they do is they take the amnio from the mom, and basically conduct a genotype test on the child. I gave my girl all this options but her parents said they will disown her if she marries me, so I moved on .
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
genotype has caused alot relationship wise but i wpnt generalise what am about to say i know that genotype cant be overlooked because you can't watch a child ypu give birth go through the torture a sickler pass through, all the crisis, the excruciating pains, the sickly look and inevitable death that awaits them, believe me I've experienced it and i cried alot for this guy i was bound to him because of the way i met him, he was begging for alms to buy drugs and since i met him i keep checking on him anytime i am going to work and I'll make sure to find him something only for me to goto school for a semester and return to find out hes dead, the funny thing is most people were thanking God for putting him out of his misery. so what sane person will want to put a child through that. i can never get married to you if we are likely to get a sickler child because the child will blame you for his pains which is obviously your fault, so no matter how much i love you I'll let you go, just for the greater good. i dont even know mine i did the test when i was sick and it was AA which corresponds with the one my dad did when i was an infant but i did it again just to be sure and it came out SS i was shocked and confronted the doc who just asked if i went to medical school, i ran to a general hospital and i did it, i was given AS, i swear i just gave up and stopped trying

1 Like

Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

If this genotype tin could be given enough attention by the medical researchers i believe dat they Wil come up with favorable solution. Its just dat d western world dat are advanced and in a better position to proffer solution are not really seeing it as a big deal.
Bro ss is not a white man's problem at all, in fact Nigeria has the worse case of sickle cell cases in the world, but they have put 1000000% more effort in finding cure than Nigeria and Africa at large have done. In fact if we should pick up from where they stopped, then there is already cure for ss. Ask me, how?
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by SUPERPACK: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
DeMekus:

Pray tell, did you ask your wife/gf her genotype the day you met her?
am nt married, bt if u knw you are AS or SS, it takes u nothing to tell ur partner on time if u truly love the person, luv to me grow over time and taking safety measure is the greatest show of luv.
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by asids55: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

yea..they don't consider having a child with SS as a problem..they got good health care facilities over there,lack of mosquitoes etc
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Lastanza: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kuronima:
Hi I'm Kuro, AA, O negative, Mother's side has a few with diabetes, no cancer relatives, none of my sibs are school drop outs... people should properly do introductions when they meet... Problem half-solved
This is mechanical introduction bro. What if you have observed d person for a while with all d attractions and virtues you observed in the person. You would have to start all over for another person dat matches ur taste and genotype?
Re: Genotype Silently Killing Relationships by Kuronima: 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lastanza:

This is mechanical introduction bro. What if you have observed d person for a while with all d attractions and virtues you observed in the person. You would have to start all over for another person dat matches ur taste and genotype?

That's just a prototype, it definitely needs modifications. Technically, if I can't have what I want then I don't want it anymore.... What you say is like when you see a nice bottle of wine, it looks good and you heard it tastes good but when you go close and read the contents, Viola! It ain't good for you coz it's got something like a mild poison, do you still want? I don't.

Just saying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please No Sentiment, Who Is Take Away Among The Two Pix / If You've Already Had Sex This Year "SHAME ON YOU" / Too Much Mouth Job, I Got Cancer(disturbing Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.