Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February (3167 Views)

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. / Osun State Is Paying Full 18,000 Wage, But Anambra Can Not Pay Full 18,000 Wage. / Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by wordychap: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Staff of some Universities in the country where shocked when they received just 80% of their monthly salary for February. This was attributed to a drop in the amount allocated to the universities.
Prior to getting their salary alerts, some VC's of universities had an interactive session with members of staff and communicated the intended reduction which was vehemently opposed by the staff members, but just as it was already decided, the next day, part salaries where paid.
Many asked 'is this the change we bargained for?', first increase in price of commodities in the market immediately followed by a reduction in staff renumeration.
Fuel crises seems to have come to stay causing increase in cost of living so Government should rather be thinking of cushioning the effect on its staff not reducing their take home pay. Meanwhile some State Government proposed reduction in staff salary but it seems the Federal Government has beaten them to the game.
The call is for the Government to revert its decisions and pay staff their due salaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by kennybabs1980: 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
wordychap:
Staff of some Universities in the country where shocked when they received just 80% of their monthly salary for February. This was attributed to a drop in the amount allocated to the universities.
Prior to getting their salary alerts, some VC's of universities had an interactive session with members of staff and communicated the intended reduction which was vehemently opposed by the staff members, but just as it was already decided, the next day, part salaries where paid.
Many asked 'is this the change we bargained for?', first increase in price of commodities in the market immediately followed by a reduction in staff renumeration.
Fuel crises seems to have come to stay causing increase in cost of living so Government should rather be thinking of cushioning the effect on its staff not reducing their take home pay. Meanwhile some State Government proposed reduction in staff salary but it seems the Federal Government has beaten them to the game.
The call is for the Government to revert its decisions and pay staff their due salaries.
Can you name the universities? I am a staff of a Federal University and I was paid my salary in full

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by wordychap: 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
kennybabs1980:
Can you name the universities? I am a staff of a Federal University and I was paid my salary in full
University of Uyo, others affected should indicate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Since the op has mentioned the institution, i hope u something to say or act on the issue
wordychap:

University of Uyo, others affected should indicate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
kennybabs1980:
Federal University of Sambisa forest
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by iokpebholo: 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Half salary!!!na waoh.i have nt even received a kobo as salary.i know some ppl wil come out and defend this useless govt.common salary they can't pay.mcheew

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by abacus(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
iokpebholo:
Half salary!!!na waoh.i have nt even received a kobo as salary.i know some ppl wil come out and defend this useless govt.common salary they can't pay.mcheew

But someone just indicate he received his full salary. The issue might come from your University.. Oga relax na.
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by Jirate(m): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
abacus:

But someone just indicate he received his full salary. The issue might come from your University.. Oga relax na.

On a general note, …………………Is This The Change We Expected?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by agabaI23(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
kennybabs1980:
You won't know if your VC borrowed to make up for you.

The FG allocation for salaries has dropped below the required amount

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by omogin(f): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
University college hospital, Ibadan, university of Benin teaching hospital, LUTH etc. The doctors there are yet to be paid salaries since November 2015. All in the name of shortfall that came with this evil change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by segalex: 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
omogin:
University college hospital, Ibadan, university of Benin teaching hospital, LUTH etc. The doctors there are yet to be paid salaries since November 2015. All in the name of shortfall that came with this evil change

Please remove luth and uch from your list because the doctors in those two hospitals are not being owed! At least they were paid their January salary as at when due
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by dustmalik: 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
segalex:

Please remove luth and uch from your list because the doctors in those two hospitals are not being owed! At least they were paid their January salary as at when due
Don't mind these wailers. They will come online to say all sort of lies.
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by abacus(m): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2016
Jirate:

On a general note, …………………Is This The Change We Expected?

You don't know anything about governance. You are like everyday guy, easy to castigate and do some bashing on NL. There is no light as am typing now, imagine if those that govern before GMB has fixed the light etc, he would be focusing on something else. Some of us didn't vote GMB base on the campaign promises: To overhaul the system, fix what he can fix and for the next government to continue from there.

Am with you in the change you expected, but change is gradual process.. Lemme ask you this question, Did you ever expect padding of budget in this government? It happens because the system never change.

We are on course!
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by otokx(m): 8:14am On Mar 04, 2016
There is corruption in Federal Universities which Buhari via TSA has detected.

Our new VC identified 7 non gazeted (illegal) allowances which hitherto have been paid from internal generated revenue.

Now that all incoming money goes to FG, the university mgt is unable to continue their financial wizardry so staff that earned such money have reduced salaries.

There are also cases of retired workers who continue to be included in payroll, also cases of employment of staff through irregular channels not documented with NUC.

All that leads to a perceived reduction from FG but truth be told the problem is in the various bursary/finance units of the universities and research institutions.
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by Trut(m): 8:39am On Mar 04, 2016
Worst change ever... From frying pan to APC hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by wordychap: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
otokx:
There is corruption in Federal Universities which Buhari via TSA has detected.

Our new VC identified 7 non gazeted (illegal) allowances which hitherto have been paid from internal generated revenue.

Now that all incoming money goes to FG, the university mgt is unable to continue their financial wizardry so staff that earned such money have reduced salaries.

There are also cases of retired workers who continue to be included in payroll, also cases of employment of staff through irregular channels not documented with NUC.

All that leads to a perceived reduction from FG but truth be told the problem is in the various bursary/finance units of the universities and research institutions.
When salaries for All staff of a university is reduced then the problem is from the federal government

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by otokx(m): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
wordychap:

When salaries for All staff of a university is reduced then the problem is from the federal government

You are entitled to your opinion, discerning readers can identify the truth.
Re: Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February by otokx(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
Allowances not approved nor funded by the Federal Government include

Responsibility Allowance
Call Duty Allowance
Hazard Allowance
Non Clinical Allowance
Off Quarter Rent
Teaching Allowance
Shift Duty Allowance

(1) (Reply)

Funny Photo Of Semi-literate People Who Ruled Nigeria / The Real Reason Fayose's Counsel Requested For Adjourment / (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.