Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

What Is Your Relationship Like? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Relationship Like? (1698 Views)

Ladies, Will You Go This Far Just To Secure Your Relationship? [PIC] / How Was Your First Relationship Like? / Where Is Your Relationship Headed? Tell Yourself The Truth!!! (2) (3) (4)

What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
I find a lot of relationships to be very ridiculous in nature. I also notice that most generally fall under three categories:

1. all they do besides making out and going on an occasional date is engage in superficial conversations.
most of the time they break up within 6 mths. guess they've ran out of things to say to each other or the "the weather is nice today" type of convos have become too boring to bear.

2. they're basically married to each other and you will hardly find romeo without juliet at any point in time. this type last long and is favorable but you wonder if either partner has a life outside of the relationship. not that it matters anyway. . .

3. it is a long distance relationship and each partner has a skype or phone appointment with the other at a specific time (let's say 6pm) every other day. sounds like an extra class except no homework involved. . .

feel free to comment. maybe i will modify my post to include a fourth category to accommodate ur unique experience if you have/had one.
(keep in mind i'm 19. so i'm mostly talking abt college/ uni relationships. and yea you loveeee and find ur partner smoking hot yadi yadi yada cheesy)
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by TheSeeker(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2009
4th nomenclature : A guy loves a girl ; she doesn't love her but pretends to.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by wanville(m): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by TheSeeker(m): 12:03am On Jul 16, 2009
wanville:

Lol, Oyinda u sound bitter abt r/ships. . but I feel u ma sista. . .I gbadun. Relationships are something else these days.

Hey! me! me! me!
Howz a normal relationship for the 5th one?
The ones that don't involve drama on facebook grin grin grin
What relationship doesn't have some sort of drama embedded somewhere in the middle? The way these dramas are handled makes it a big deal or triviality. A normal relationship? If I see one, that'd be the 9th wonder of the world; Michael Jackson is the 8th(R.I.P. Dawg)
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by wanville(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2009
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by TheSeeker(m): 12:21am On Jul 16, 2009
Elvis was a dope head. Egyptian pyramids are one of the wonders of the world I think.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 4:03am On Jul 16, 2009
wanville:

Lol, Oyinda u sound bitter abt r/ships. . but I feel u ma sista. . .I gbadun. Relationships are something else these days.

Hey! me! me! me!
Howz a normal relationship for the 5th one?
The ones that don't involve drama on facebook grin grin grin

no o i'm not bitter o. just noticing these things. yea the facebook drama one falls under category #1.
wot do u mean by normal relationship u mean u fall under category #2?
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 4:04am On Jul 16, 2009
TheSeeker:

4th nomenclature :  A guy loves a girl ; she doesn't love her but pretends to.

falls to the left spectrum of #1. there is nothing too meaningful about such relationship. lol the girl prolly just wants the boyfriend for the heck of it.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by na2day2(m): 4:28am On Jul 16, 2009
oyinda.:

I find a lot of relationships to be very ridiculous in nature. I also notice that most generally fall under three categories:

1. all they do besides making out and going on an occasional date is engage in superficial conversations.
most of the time they break up within 6 mths. guess they've ran out of things to say to each other or the "the weather is nice today" type of convos have become too boring to bear.

2. they're basically married to each other and you will hardly find romeo without juliet at any point in time. this type last long and is favorable but you wonder if either partner has a life outside of the relationship. not that it matters anyway. . .

3. it is a long distance relationship and each partner has a skype or phone appointment with the other at a specific time (let's say 6pm) every other day. sounds like an extra class except no homework involved. . .

feel free to comment. maybe i will modify my post to include a fourth category to accommodate ur unique experience if you have/had one.
(keep in mind i'm 19. so i'm mostly talking abt college/ uni relationships. and yea you loveeee and find ur partner smoking hot yadi yadi yada cheesy)

my relationship looks like a relationship, u want the documentation? undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by Gabry(f): 4:33am On Jul 16, 2009
My relationship is nothing like the above though.

We live together in the same house but we rent other rooms other people. I go to work and school in the day time and he does the same, when we come back, I do the cooking for the house and the guys watches fwrestling (usually) on tv and than we eat and usually my housemate will do the cleaning up. We take turns really. This is on weekdays.

If theres a football match in the middle of the night on TV, his friends would come over so I would prepare some food for them to eat at night just incase they get hungry but usually I would prepare snacks. And I am off to bed or doing some ironing or housework while chatting online or go online on forums.

I would have my gf's come to the house at times for a Movie Night or just to Keep In touch and usually my bf would join in the conversation, We all dont mind cause we love his presence but at times, he will go out with his friends to the football field cause theres a night match or they would go to the bar and have a drink. I would go and see the football match with them if Im free.

Saturday day time we clean the house (do some spring cleaning) and depending what we have install for the day sometimes our friends called us over for a BBQ or we got to the beach for a picnic or we just talk at home or at the park. . .  Depends. . . we wouldSaturday Night, we both always go to the movies together and Sunday morning we both go to church and in the afternoon, I will give music instrument classes while he does his work on the computer.

Preety much like this for the past few years of our relationship.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 4:35am On Jul 16, 2009
Gabry:

My relationship is nothing like the above though.

We live together in the same house but we rent other rooms other people. I go to work and school in the day time and he does the same, when we come back, I do the cooking for the house and the guys watches fwrestling (usually) on tv and than we eat and usually my housemate will do the cleaning up. We take turns really. This is on weekdays.

If theres a football match in the middle of the night on TV, his friends would come over so I would prepare some food for them to eat at night just incase they get hungry but usually I would prepare snacks. And I am off to bed or doing some ironing or housework while chatting online or go online on forums.

I would have my gf's come to the house at times for a Movie Night or just to Keep In touch and usually my bf would join in the conversation, We all dont mind cause we love his presence but at times, he will go out with his friends to the football field cause theres a night match or they would go to the bar and have a drink. I would go and see the football match with them if Im free.

Saturday day time we clean the house (do some spring cleaning) and depending what we have install for the day sometimes our friends called us over for a BBQ or we got to the beach for a picnic or we just talk at home or at the park. . .  Depends. . . we wouldSaturday Night, we both always go to the movies together and Sunday morning we both go to church and in the afternoon, I will give music instrument classes while he does his work on the computer.

Preety much like this for the past few years of our relationship.

so you are basically married. category #2 wink
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 4:36am On Jul 16, 2009
na2day?:

my relationship looks like a relationship, u want the documentation? undecided undecided

no. you don't have to contribute to the topic lol. it's all fun really
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by Gabry(f): 4:44am On Jul 16, 2009
oyinda.:

so you are basically married. category #2 wink

shocked shocked shocked No Im not married naaa! and that is so not us

No. 1: We are not married

No. 2: We dont spend time with each other 24/7. In the day time we are apart cause I go to my school and do my job and he goes to his school and do his job. We only meet when we come back but I have to cook so we meet when we eat. At times he goes out with his friends and at times I go out with my friends. We do this at least twice to three times a week. I have my music lessons and classes and he has to do his work on the comp so we are not seeing each other. So basically we do have a life outside the relationshipOh! And because Im an event organizer, Im unable to see him all the time sha.

So nope. I dont consider myself as No, 2 at all. smiley
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 5:12am On Jul 16, 2009
basically "married" means u act like married couple. of course married couples have jobs too and sometimes school. lol
i mean that his friends are yours and your friends are his. your lives basically revolve around each other. kind of like best friends/ planning future with each other. lol cheesy

tongue the "you don't have lives outside of the relationship" is meant to be teasing.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by Gabry(f): 5:13am On Jul 16, 2009
U mean to say we act like we're married? shocked shocked shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 16, 2009
My own is number 5. I'm in love with myself.

cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by na2day2(m): 5:30am On Jul 16, 2009
FL Gators:

My own is number 5. I'm in love with myself.

cheesy cheesy

selfish! angry angry angry angry

oyinda.:

no. you don't have to contribute to the topic lol. it's all fun really

why? i think say i was born free so i can freely speak undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 16, 2009
Not selfish , dear.
Thats just the way it is tongue
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 5:46am On Jul 16, 2009
na2day?:

selfish! angry angry angry angry

why? i think say i was born free so i can freely speak undecided undecided

ok. then can we have the documentation u suggested? tongue i will use it to place you in one of the three categories above.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by platinumnk(f): 5:52am On Jul 16, 2009
All three.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by na2day2(m): 6:39am On Jul 16, 2009
FL Gators:

Not selfish , dear.
Thats just the way it is tongue

as u no get dictionary 4 house make i define selfish 4 u, selfishness is the act of fl gator keeping valuable loving to herself, ewwww!

oyinda.:

ok. then can we have the documentation u suggested? tongue i will use it to place you in one of the three categories above.

make i go find am, i dey come tongue tongue
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2009
lol am waiting
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by C2H5OH(f): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2009
Lol @ trying to break it down into three categories. You don fail.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2009
wetin be your own. am sure all yours have either fallen under category 1 or 3

platinumnk:

All three.

i'm impressed
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by na2day2(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

Lol @ trying to break it down into three categories. You don fail.

no bi small fail my brother, i tire 4 am oo

oyinda.:

lol am waiting

the documentation read thus, i hope u know hebrew tongue tongue
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2009
no but u can teesh me.

hebrew ko greek ni lol cheesy
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by C2H5OH(f): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2009
my own be say i had thought i was in love a couple of times b4, but am getting to realize that just having someone there to fill a void sometimes makes you think there's some magic going on.

Category 1, was useless
Category 2, was a waste of time
Category 3, never did shape up
Cat5
Cat6
Cat7
etc you name it.
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by na2day2(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2009
oyinda.:

no but u can teesh me.

hebrew ko greek ni lol cheesy

sure why not, i have always been know for my teaching skillz, oya come for ur 1st class in my bedroom tongue tongue
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

but am getting to realize that just having someone there to fill a void sometimes makes you think there's some magic going on.

yea and u fill the void with one of the three options above.
i want to know categories 5,6 and 7 o so i can update the list. haha
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by C2H5OH(f): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2009
Filling the void temporarily with crap is pretty much a waste of time. Rather wait and ensure I patch it up real good with something that will last a lifetime. That's what we're getting at wink
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by biola44: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2009
interesting
Re: What Is Your Relationship Like? by oyinda3(f): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2009
isn't it?

Am Tired Of Young Girls And Heartbreak.i Want Something Else : / How Do I Stop Dis Relationship / I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60